• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmt92

ok srsly how do I play Corki?

1 point in Valkyrie, 1 point in AoE cloud, max machine gun and bombs?

I'm still pretty new but I never found point order to be important. Put your your points where you think you need them at the time. I would personally put early point points in phos. bomb and machine gun to get good harass on the other champs.

As far as build goes, I've always done like boots, 3 health, beserker's, trinity force, and so on

Ken

I'm still pretty new but I never found point order to be important. Put your your points where you think you need them at the time. I would personally put early point points in phos. bomb and machine gun to get good harass on the other champs.

As far as build goes, I've always done like boots, 3 health, beserker's, trinity force, and so on

Certain skills you only need one point in to be effective. For example, I could see Corki's Valkyrie only needing 1 point early on just to have that escape; adding more points to it only increases its damage and cooldown, and I don't think Corki's rely on it for damage.

Ashe's Hawkshot is similar, and so is Varus' E and Miss Fortune's AoE slow.

I think most people level Q to max first on Corki because it's strong early game for bursty harass, whereas E doesn't really shine until midgame when people start getting armor.

So general Corki skilling goes R > Q > E > W, shrug.

OffTopic: I walked into a small Korean joint at lunch today and saw the same face I see every time I start League of Legends... Nikasaur. Didn't say anything to her though because it seemed like it would be rude.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
forgot to link this a while ago
this kind of shows how bored of LoL we are
I would be bored of LoL too if I only played Dominion.
OffTopic: I walked into a small Korean joint at lunch today and saw the same face I see every time I start League of Legends... Nikasaur. Didn't say anything to her though because it seemed like it would be rude.
As a community person I doubt she would mind, but I don't really know.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
As a community person I doubt she would mind, but I don't really know.

As long as she wasn't in the middle of eating I'm sure she would be cool with it. People that ask for autographs and pictures while someone is eating are just the worst.

Ferrio

Banned
Damn this epic burn

Smite looks so campy and has janky animations. Sorry ferrio bro.

It is, but it's a neat distraction.

Not being able to see in all directions adds an element to the game.

Though, they borrow so heavily from LoL.. it's pretty blatant. The ice guy I just played was if anivia and Nunu had a baby. Items are almost carbon copies too. But on the bright side, least you're not totally lost.

Grakl

Haven't played this game in a while after moving over to DOTA 2; why is Mundo suddenly godlike? He was absolute terrible tier when I played.

Ferga

Leesin was hardly buffed, people just didn't recongise the true potential of having 7 frigging different abilities at once.

His passive got a major buff. His ult got a buff. His Q's missile speed got buffed. All this like a day after he came out cuz he was so bad. So yea I would say he got a significant buff.

I bought lee on release day and he was pretty useless. His only use was to steal dragon and only that. And baron but i doubt your team had the mentality to sit through a game for that long with a lee on your team.

His buffs include:

0.8 to 1.0 scaling on Q
0.6 to 1.0 scaling on E
1.5 to 2.0 scaling on R
and plus 5 energy restoration per hit on passive
reducing 10energy use on every skill

They buffed everything on him since he did absolutely no damage and failed as a tank. He was like a more mobile evelyn.

From then, his Q got nerfed by 0.1 and its cooldown got increased along with some base damage tweaks. His shield's range got nerfed by 50 range.

And that's it. He is pretty balanced now. No way was he balanced on release though.

Hero

Alright so since the other day when I was last pick in draft mode and told them I'm bad at jungling at the beginning and they made me jungle I've been practicing on my jungling on Naut. He's so tough. Secret OP tier.

naut.png

Boken

Banned
I bought lee on release day and he was pretty useless. His only use was to steal dragon and only that. And baron but i doubt your team had the mentality to sit through a game for that long with a lee on your team.

His buffs include:

0.8 to 1.0 scaling on Q
0.6 to 1.0 scaling on E
1.5 to 2.0 scaling on R
and plus 5 energy restoration per hit on passive
reducing 10energy use on every skill

They buffed everything on him since he did absolutely no damage and failed as a tank. He was like a more mobile evelyn.

From then, his Q got nerfed by 0.1 and its cooldown got increased along with some base damage tweaks. His shield's range got nerfed by 50 range.

And that's it. He is pretty balanced now. No way was he balanced on release though.
And think about whats scary about Lee Sin right now - it's his early game ganking power and his extreme mobility. His powerful early game comes from his high base damages, which have hardly been changed and maybe even nerfed over time. What I'm saying is that the buffs or not wouldn't matter, Lee Sin was secretly strong on release. Just like it took everybody 5 months to realise cassiopeia was a goddess!

we switched to dominion because summoners rift is the more boring thing ever
pretty much since dominion came out...
SR VS DOMINION FIGHT
FIGHT

in the end you're playing league

officially supported ARAB mode please

Ferga

FOTMs man

Just like when everyone said jax was underpowered after his remake. I still crushed all my lanes knowing that he was still strong as ever.

Now his the fotm and his getting a nerf in the draven patch

dimb

I still crushed all my lanes knowing that he was still strong as ever.

Now his the fotm and his getting a nerf in the draven patch
He's getting a nerf as a jungler, his laning is still weak. And the idea that he is as strong as ever is laughable. He was much more interesting before in terms of having a unique build and playstyle. Now he's just a standard AD champ with some bruiser capability. He used to have so much more survivability, and his damage was much more consistent. Now he's just a stunbot really.

Nobody is afraid of Jax top lane anymore. He was the strongest duelist in the game but they took that away so he's stuck jungling.

dimb

What, Jax is a monster top - his level 6 dueling skills arg
He can be good in certain matchups and will win lanes he can control. I'm really exaggerating and it's bad. Personally though, I do not think he is a strong laner versus the most popular picks right now. Champs like Vlad, Lee Sin, Udyr, Renekton, Olaf, and even Teemo are out there regularly, and I don't feel like they are good matchups for Jax. His problems are complicated when some of the best junglers are Mundo and Udyr.

I could be pretty wrong about this, but this is just what I see. When Jax is shut out of lane he will lose, and hard.

Edit: Okay, I probably look pretty dumb. Jax was picked or banned in almost every game in a tournament today. In fairness people seemed to pick him up against Darius, and he still lost many games.

Ferga

He's getting a nerf as a jungler, his laning is still weak. And the idea that he is as strong as ever is laughable. He was much more interesting before in terms of having a unique build and playstyle. Now he's just a standard AD champ with some bruiser capability. He used to have so much more survivability, and his damage was much more consistent. Now he's just a stunbot really.

Nobody is afraid of Jax top lane anymore. He was the strongest duelist in the game but they took that away so he's stuck jungling.

Hell naw. Never have I once failed to take off more than 1/4 of my opponent's life bar at level 4 with just an auto attack, W followed by a Q.

At level 6, hit minions 2 times, W,Q then use that 3rd ult proc to deal the bonus magic damage. In that one second, your opponent loses more than half his life. Time a stun in here+ignite, 100% kill.

You've been playing with some bad Jaxs dude. Going jax top is like a free lane win for me.

dimb

I haven't seen any in my games and haven't been paying enough attention to high level stuff. My bad. Even in these games though I still see Jax getting countered or shut down most of the time unless the lane matchup is way in his favor.

Warwick is not a good jungler. >.>

Udyr is fine without runes. He'll do much better with flat armor yellows though, making much healthier after clearing with boots+pots.

y2dvd

I'd say Warwick isn't an amazing jungler like your Udyr, Noc, Naut, etc but he's still a good jungler that should have plenty of life when coming to gank. He just needs red buff, exhaust, or ult to be super effective ganking.

Honestly, all the runes you need for most junglers are armor/attack spd/dmg and you should have a rune page similar for your AD that you can share.

He's one of the safest/fastest junglers without runes. His ganks pre-6 might not be terrifying, but he gets the job done.
One of the safest yeah. Fastest? Nooo. Even Soraka can clear faster.

... actually Soraka probably jungles better than Warwick pre-6. with Q and W. : |

bjaelke

One of the safest yeah. Fastest? Nooo. Even Soraka can clear faster.

... actually Soraka probably jungles better than Warwick pre-6. with Q and W. : |

One of the fastest thanks to his steroids and sustain. I can't think of many other junglers that can clear faster than him without any runes. Udyr, Malphite, Shyvana and Mundo can do it faster thanks to their aoe clear. One of his biggest forces is the variety in routes. WW is not as blue buff dependent as other mana junglers - he can start boots + 3 pots and begin at red for early ganks although that will indeed put his jungle clear time on/below average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom