• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Darius too strong.

darius_more_like_atlas.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hello LoLgaf, I've never really posted here but I wanted some opinions. I've been playing since december, and recently I've been playing pretty much exclusively bottom lane. I'd say AD carry is my better role but I also love playing me some support. SO I've been playing a lot of Lulu and doing really well, even in solo queue. However I've noticed that I literally NEVER see her picked, besides me. I feel like she's such a strong support and can have a huge impact in the game so this is kind of weird. Why does no one play her? Is it just the high price, or is she considered a worse pick than others?

I loved playing Lulu during her free week but at 6300 IP, I won't be buying her anytime soon.

Pjodor

Neo Member
Hello LoLgaf, I've never really posted here but I wanted some opinions. I've been playing since december, and recently I've been playing pretty much exclusively bottom lane. I'd say AD carry is my better role but I also love playing me some support. SO I've been playing a lot of Lulu and doing really well, even in solo queue. However I've noticed that I literally NEVER see her picked, besides me. I feel like she's such a strong support and can have a huge impact in the game so this is kind of weird. Why does no one play her? Is it just the high price, or is she considered a worse pick than others?
Doesnt she buff get you more AP and the support is playing with the AD carry, maybe that is a reason.

Ken

Unbelievably, I'm tempted. The 1600 is high but could be worse. Like $12? There's no way I'd pay full price though. 3200 or whatever. Forget that.

I play Ezreal sometimes. Would play him a LOT more if I paid that much for a skin though haha.

Good luck playing him when all the other new Ezreals want to insta-lock him too to show off their new skin.

Wrekt

You kidding me? People are going to gobble it up. People are paying $50+ for one shitty item in Diablo III. This skin is going to make Riot BANK.

That one shitty item makes your character stronger.

It'll sell, but it is a completely ridiculous price. I hope people send the message that $25 is not an acceptable price for a skin. It'll make a billion dollars though, I'm sure.

bjaelke

You kidding me? People are going to gobble it up. People are paying $50+ for one shitty item in Diablo III. This skin is going to make Riot BANK.

What does that have to do with anything? I know it's your own choice if you want to buy the skin but $25 for no advantage (compared to your DIII example) seems extreme to me.

Yeah, goddamn. They went all out.

It'd be pretty amazing if they put this level of detail into the other Legendaries.

I... might buy it at half-off. Christ.

Also, Summoner Icons, yes! They should do them for all the Legendaries.

Q8D3vil

i got existed then remembered that dota2 heroes will be free.
fuck this shit, cant wait to see the new pricing when dota 2 is out and they have a real competition.

Blizzard

Banned
i got existed then remembered that dota2 heroes will be free.
fuck this shit, cant wait to see the new pricing when dota 2 is out and they have a real competition.
Wait, what? Valve has been selling cosmetic items in TF2 for ages, and DOTA 2 will have (already has?) stuff like cowboy hats you can buy. The Ezreal skin is a buyable cosmetic thing, not a champion.

If you're objecting to 6300 IP champions, sure, but that's a very old thing, not a new development.

Inskipp

I like the promo- page they created for it, shows a proper preview for every single new thing included for the skin. I wish something like this was within the PVP- client.

Not sure if I'll actually buy it though, as I am not fond of Ezreal's skillset.

Boken

Banned
At 1625 RP, it's an amazing price. At 3250 RP it's overpriced. The skin is probably worth around 2500 RP or so.

What I like more is that 975RP skins are like the old legendary skins.

Blackthorn morgana <3

Wrekt

I love Ezreal's skill set but I've never picked him up. I didn't get "good" at AD until recently, and he always seemed to be a bottom tier AD anyway.

He has been out for over 2 years and is still 6300/975. I'd feel a lot better about legendary skins if the champ came with them.

Ferrio

Banned
I guess I'll play with you babe.
How big is the beta DL?

Also, voice files for "Jayce" have been found.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqi9znGxXEw
It's not a girl :(

Maybe Malzahar turned Kassadin's daughter into a man.

No idea how big it is. Haven't played since last week though too. Probably play a few matches after I finish Lollipop Chainsaw.

Just make sure to hand out referral keys if you get any. Just a hint, you can turn off auto items/auto skills in each of their menus. You're not able to turn it off by default until hero lvl 6.

Ken

Report back, please. I'm curious about top lane. I always hear Teemo shits all over Trynd, but I've never seen it happen that way.

Didn't happen. Malphite dodged.

Ken, you're a boobaholic. D:

I play other champs too like Annie! :O

I'm guessing the new champion will wear some kind of power armor; maybe something like Iron Man/ that one rocket guy in Super MNC.

Ark

THIS WILL END WELL.

I find it funny how many people still ban Darius at low level ELO, I wish people could just learn how to play and we wouldn't have to waste a ban on him.

Hoping this skin comes out soon :(

After seeing this skin I was motivated to try out some Malphite top lane (usually play him as jungle) and it's gone well so far for two games against a Jax and a Singed. I can just tank ALL the damage. Also read this guide to get an idea of how top lane Malph should be played, the guide is actually really helpful and downright hilarious.

zkylon

zkylewd
On hit builds are incredibly outdated. Look up Rincent's Kayle top guide on SoloMid.

There are two things very wrong with that guide:

- It's very much outdated

- It's from Mobafire

There are better guides out there.

Thank you both, didn't know Mobafire wasn't to be trusted since it has helped me so far...

Press E.
FWOOM FWOOM FWOOM FWOOM FWOOM FWOOM.
Wait for E to come off CD.
Repeat.
Um, alrite.

It's a 3rd person MOBA, borrows heavily from League.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IGhrvi_uLU
Hmm, interesting. I'd take it if I had the time to spare...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
After seeing this skin I was motivated to try out some Malphite top lane (usually play him as jungle) and it's gone well so far for two games against a Jax and a Singed. I can just tank ALL the damage. Also read this guide to get an idea of how top lane Malph should be played, the guide is actually really helpful and downright hilarious.
This is a really bad guide. The utility masteries aren't particularly helpful and the leveling suggestion of abilities is completely off. And teleport isn't very helpful, unless you're trying to deal with a Shen or something. Building Randuins and Frozen Heart is also kind of dumb.

Blizzard

Banned
The problem with this is, ranked ELO dodgers aren't an issue to me.

The issue are people ADMITTING IN THE RANKED LOBBY that they are going to intentionally grief that game. If you don't dodge (I never dodge in ranked) and take the ELO hit, then you end up taking the (larger) ELO hit due to them charging up the lanes and suiciding as fast as they can until the game is over.

If they add some penalty to afk/griefing people, then sure that'd be nice.

Ark

This is a really bad guide. The utility masteries aren't particularly helpful and the leveling suggestion of abilities is completely off. And teleport isn't very helpful, unless you're trying to deal with a Shen or something. Building Randuins and Frozen Heart is also kind of dumb.

For 1200 ELO, shit works wonders.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Thank you both, didn't know Mobafire wasn't to be trusted since it has helped me so far...

Um, alrite.

Hmm, interesting. I'd take it if I had the time to spare...

In solomid, it is just one pro player make a guide that everyone instantly bump to the top. Every other guide will just be a copy & paste with the same item/level build, except they add their little tweak to it (like switch the order of deathcap and rylais, build lichbane as 6th item instead of DFG etc). They are good guide, just not much fun to look at pass the item list and the skill order.

MOBAfire had loads of crappy guide, but there are still some viable guide with different build that make the champion a lot more interesting. You just have to make sure that the guide is updated and have pretty good rating. I wouldn't bring those build to ranked, but they are more than good enough when playing in normal.

Now I think about it, I got all my Eve guide from Mobafire too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom