• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
His ghouls don't really hit hard. They'd just be annoying as hell to the enemy laner. I rarely play Yorick but I denied enemy Vayne pretty hard last night.

It seems like a good Yorick player can't lose to anyone in lane. At the very least, it becomes a stalemate farm lane, and then Yorick falls off late game.

It seems like a good Yorick player can't lose to anyone in lane. At the very least, it becomes a stalemate farm lane, and then Yorick falls off late game.

The problem that I have is that, yeah, I beat the shit out of the other person.

But the ghouls push the lane by drawing aggro, leaving me with two options; 1) increased risk as I advance the lane, or 2) letting the other person farm and missing out on some farm.

P.S. With all four ghouls out you deal an additional 35%*3+75%+20%=200%. That's considerable, which is why I prefer builds that avoid TF. You want persistent damage on Yorick so it transfers to his ghouls.

Edit: Someone tried to counterpick me (Malphite) with Vladimir. It did not go well for them, especially late-game. Malphite is just so good; great damage, great CC, low cooldowns, and pushes well, too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just beat Yorick top as Jax. They gave him blue buff at level one. Explain dem apples.
They were probably not great

Q8D3vil

well farmed yorick destroy shit late game, he is one of the best character that can target individual champions like ad carry and destroy them before they do anything.
also i heard giving urself/teammate revive for 10 seconds is pretty good if you know how to use it.
the main problem with push lane but i always take the mana pendantr with ward in the beg.

chogath pretty much counter all ad casters including yorick/darius.

I just beat Yorick top as Jax. They gave him blue buff at level one. Explain dem apples. They were probably not great
fucking jax, the bane of my existence.
have to buy him soon :/

The problem that I have is that, yeah, I beat the shit out of the other person.

But the ghouls push the lane by drawing aggro, leaving me with two options; 1) increased risk as I advance the lane, or 2) letting the other person farm and missing out on some farm.
If you can back out after harassing your opponent (and getting CS), it doesn't seem to push the lane. I find that I end up pushing when I'm forced to harass more than that, in order to win the lane.

well farmed yorick destroy shit late game, he is one of the best character that can target individual champions like ad carry and destroy them before they do anything.
The champs that make a stalemate lane are generally better late game. I guess I'm mainly thinking of Nasus.

vhfive

morde es numero uno

I was getting bullied early on by Katarina but its so easy to farm with him that I never got behind. Then when it comes to team fights his ulti is soo goddamn good. Ended up 11/4/12 feels good to have a game like that

IsayFever

Never thought I'd say this, but I think Corki might be a bit too strong in lane / late game now. He's almost Urgot levels of snowball. 1 kill and he wins the lane and can carry whole games

Never thought I'd say this, but I think Corki might be a bit too strong in lane / late game now. He's almost Urgot levels of snowball. 1 kill and he wins the lane and can carry whole games

I thought they nerfed Corki pretty hard a bit ago and he fell off? I remember people stopped playing him a lot after then. He was played a considerable amount at MLG, which kind of surprised me. Although, MLG was the first competition I paid the most attention to, ever.

Yeah this.

If you're doing it right, you can stalemate the lane against anyone. Even that little shithead Kennen.

Counterpicked against a Ken top with Yorick a day or two ago. Did not end well for him.

Tell me how to play Yorick top without pushing the lane.

I ward and everything, too.

Start Meki + 2 pots. I use TP and flash with Yorick, though ignite is solid. Rush enough gold for a tear + boots + 2 wards and go back. Next buy depends on lane opponent, I usually go right into Manamune and a defensive item that builds into something else, like cloak into spirit visage or chain into frozen heart (and more wards)

My usual Yorick masteries: http://solomid.net/masteries.php#0301400410000000001224001000000001030030000000000

Depending on the matchup, I switch those around a lot. I use flat AD quints and marks to make up for my tear rush at the start, then either scaling armor or magic resist glyphs/seals depending on my lane opponent/enemy jungler.

Every single game I picked Yorick the enemy jungler came to me first. Every one. Be ready for this. Do not engage the enemy unless you have a ward down early on.

Level R > E > W > Q

E scales on flat AD and your Ghouls scale on AD and health, so items like Phage, Frozen Mallet, Warmogs/Atmas, etc. are great. I occasionally build Trinity on Yorick.

In team fights, use your ult on your AD carry whenever possible. Never waste it on an AP carry or support. Keep in mind, if they die, they are dead. You are not going to save them from getting killed. The purpose of ulting them is to force the enemy team to kill your teammate twice while they keep on dealing damage.

The main reason I take TP on Yorick is to ensure my bottom lane does not get screwed over. If your AD carry does not get fed, you fall into the shit tier of bruisers late game.

Early on, what you want to do in lane is use E to harass. If the enemy tries to come in on you, use W into E and kite while hitting. Your regen from E along with the damage from your AA, the ghoul, and minions will almost always do way more damage to them then they managed to chunk off you. Continue until they get down to about 30%, at which point you should slam them with all of your ghouls, including q, immediately. They will be surprised at your burst and if they are far enough from their tower, you can probably kill them. Sometimes it is better to slow with W, hit them with E, wait for the slow ghoul to die, then activate Q right after an AA to double-hit them and keep up as they try to run.

Any other questions?

Blizzard

Banned
I find it hard to believe that one kill will always win the lane for him -- is there no way for the other bottom champions to recover? Doesn't it also depend on which support corki has?

Problem with solomid is that sometimes the top guides are outdated. I've seen top guides with season 1 masteries.
This is my problem, plus crazy popups/ads/slow website/takes too many clicks for me to find guides. I seem to recall by default only the pro guides are shown, which tend to be "updated 187 days ago" and whatnot, so you have to manually turn on the second-tier guides which are presumably more recent.

Ferga

Tales from elo hell:

game 1# - Get a gangplank and twisted fate who feed top and mid. Twisted fate hits 0 yellow cards in all the team fights.

game 2# - get paired with the 2 same players and they do even worse.

game 3# - get paired with a player 200elo below me and my duo. He proceeds to feed top fizz endlessly resulting in a complete loss.

game 4# - I get paired with the enemy fizz and the low elo player is on the other team. The low elo player proceeds to rape our fizz in lane and end up carrying.

Seriously, this game. Forced to support every game and just watch people tower dive 3v1s fight after fight while i ping out. There came a point where we won a team fight and i ping dragon but my entire team decides to dive a full hp graves under the inhibitor turrets and give him a triple kill. We could of got baron and probably finished the game with it.

After winning 4 games in a row, i proceed to lose 4-5 games in a row in one single day. Is this some sort of punishment? Lucky i don't give a shit about getting back to gold. Just wondering how people are just so.... i dont know...

Blizzard

Banned
After winning 4 games in a row, i proceed to lose 4-5 games in a row in one single day. Is this some sort of punishment? Lucky i don't give a shit about getting back to gold. Just wondering how people are just so.... i dont know...
Sounds like someone wasn't following the rule of quitting after 2-3 losses in a row! :E

But yes, if you want to play ranked you presumably need to carry mid/top every game, or at least have your duo partner in one of those roles. If you can nearly guarantee consistent holds/wins for two lanes, you're almost 2/3 there.

Otherwise you might need to be prepared for literally hundreds of games for the odds to even out enough to produce an overall trend, if you're better than the people you're playing with.

Ken

How do you hit 0 yellow cards. Do you mean he constantly selected the wrong card or that he was so bad that his auto-attacks missed?

Boken

Banned
My friend plays bot when he wants to gain elo.

My most sucessful champions are supports. (And op champions luls)

fuck top lane

also, if you duo, you better carry. That 200 deficient guy is there because you guys have a +80 or more elo bonus. Don't duo with somebody higher elo than you if you don't like supporting - chances are you will be 2nd last or last pick that way.

Blizzard

Banned
I should mention about top lane -- though I had 55% wins with Riven or whatever and like a 5-1 KD ratio, I didn't gain 500 elo until I switched to AP mid. Mid/bot/jungle are easier to influence the game from, and I feel like bottom lane tends to be the lane that feeds the most (especially if the lowest picks are forced into AD and support roles).

dimb

It sounds like pro players are in love with Pulsefire Ez's animations potentially improving his play. Pay2Win?

Boken

Banned
I should mention about top lane -- though I had 55% wins with Riven or whatever and like a 5-1 KD ratio, I didn't gain 500 elo until I switched to AP mid. Mid/bot/jungle are easier to influence the game from, and I feel like bottom lane tends to be the lane that feeds the most (especially if the lowest picks are forced into AD and support roles).

Riven ganks mid sooooo easily. I still have no idea how you can go 5.0 KDA and not win most of the time.

I don't see how animations would improve his play.

Unless pros are being paid by Riot to get people hyped about paying for a 1625/3250 skin.
PFE might have shorter animations... so you know, you can cancel sooner?

dimb

I don't see how animations would improve his play.
Makes last hitting easier. I don't really know everything else it would improve, but it might make other stuff easier to land too. Like I know Blood Lord Vlad is supposed to have improved animations, so serious Vlad players usually buy that skin.

Ken

PFE might have shorter animations... so you know, you can cancel sooner?

That sounds kind of unfair, though maybe it just looks like they have shorter animations rather than actually having fewer animation frames?

But what do I know, I've only played the game for less than a year.

I'm going to start playing more Lulu. I need to make use of the skins I bought for her for no reason.

Boken

Banned
Just pretend its adult Lulu
OCaJb.jpg

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
My friend plays bot when he wants to gain elo.

My most sucessful champions are supports. (And op champions luls)

I got 1580 in season one playing nothing but Sona, but that was before her aura and attack nerf. Season 2 majority of my wins are from support, if you exclude ahri cause I abused her during her prime.

People need to realize that playing support is hard, and out of 100 ranked player, you are lucky if you can find one that specalized in playing support. Having a player that focus on support give you a huge advantage, since 95% of time the support from the other team is forced on the role.

What is the chance of winning a ranked game if everytime you queue your carry is being babysit by someone that doesn't know how to play?

You can do the same thing with AP mid assisting the bot lane, but almost everyone loved and experienced with the solo lane, the last thing you could do to make your team better is to take those role from them.

Not to mention whenever someone joined a ranked game and say "support only", other lane can first pick the support for you to avoid counter pick. The fifth pick in your team will love you forever.

Ken

That's not Lulu, it's a fanmade LeBlanc. Redditor who posted that didn't check his source.

There's plenty of NSFW adult Lulu out there if you are willing to look.

"That tasted purple" is ruined for me now

And that's why you don't search for images of yordles.

Someone teach me how to play support Sona. :O

Blizzard

Banned
I got 1580 in season one playing nothing but Sona, but that was before her aura and attack nerf. Season 2 majority of my wins are from support, if you exclude ahri cause I abused her during her prime.

People need to realize that playing support is hard, and out of 100 ranked player, you are lucky if you can find one that specalized in playing support. Having a player that focus on support give you a huge advantage, since 95% of time the support from the other team is forced on the role.

What is the chance of winning a ranked game if everytime you queue your carry is being babysit by someone that doesn't know how to play?

You can do the same thing with AP mid assisting the bot lane, but almost everyone loved and experienced with the solo lane, the last thing you could do to make your team better is to take those role from them.

Not to mention whenever someone joined a ranked game and say "support only", other lane can first pick the support for you to avoid counter pick. The fifth pick in your team will love you forever.
You started out at high elo right out of placement, though. At 1100 elo I'm not convinced the support thing will work out in the same fashion.

Boken

Banned
That's not Lulu, it's a fanmade LeBlanc. Redditor who posted that didn't check his source.

Ok sorry, just for Chloe and ferrio, here is Lulu the boob-sorceress
from http://kodokunahana.deviantart.com/art/lulu-League-of-Legends-2-300988404

You started out at high elo right out of placement, though. At 1100 elo I'm not convinced the support thing will work out in the same fashion.
Uh basically what he's saying is that support+x is the optimal bot lane and thus there will always be a support player on a team. If you main support you will always be better than the other support player who is there because they had to be and assuming your AD carries are similiar, this will snowball bot lane out of control.
P.S. Everybody starts at 1200 ELO

bjaelke

jm6eZxzR83zec.jpg

ARAB is so much fun. People seem more relaxed compared to solo queue/ranked. Been playing it exclusively for the past two weeks.

Blizzard

Banned
Ok sorry, just for Chloe and ferrio, here is Lulu the boob-sorceress

from http://kodokunahana.deviantart.com/art/lulu-League-of-Legends-2-300988404

Uh basically what he's saying is that support+x is the optimal bot lane and thus there will always be a support player on a team. If you main support you will always be better than the other support player who is there because they had to be and assuming your AD carries are similiar, this will snowball bot lane out of control.
This is the problem in 700-1100 elo, AD ranged is a huuuuge wildcard even when someone asks for it. Maybe overall it averages out and you get some good players, but I think that'd be too frustrating to me. At least with other champions you have the chance of getting fed and carrying the team, but with support you're guaranteeing no chance of it and playing the odds.

And about starting at 1200 elo, it changes super quick after placement, doesn't it? If you look at the number of ranked games Kiunch had a while back, it was super low -- people move into certain spots before every game becomes 12 elo. Changing from 1200 to 1700 elo after placement presumably happens much more quickly than 700 to 1200 (which takes like 40 straight wins and 0 losses if I recall correctly).

That Lulu is great though so I like your post.

Ark

Whenever I play ranked I feel like crying hysterically.

Just had a Jax who begged to jungle being all 'I win everytime I play Jax jungle' and he goes like 5/10/8 by the end of the game, and our Ahri goes something like 7/12/8 after the game, their Ryze was so fed at 15/5/6 or something. I don't understand how people so bad at the game can exist like this.

Also, fuck Blitzcrank.

Ferrio

Banned

As is anything involving pockets and rockets.

They release the tutorial map yet?

Get a chance to try Smite yet Boken?

Samyy

Makes last hitting easier. I don't really know everything else it would improve, but it might make other stuff easier to land too. Like I know Blood Lord Vlad is supposed to have improved animations, so serious Vlad players usually buy that skin.

Thats what doublelift was saying is one of the best things about PFE

Boken

Banned
As is anything involving pockets and rockets.

They release the tutorial map yet?

Get a chance to try Smite yet Boken?

Nah, dumb installer kept resetting itself because the install location had the word "games" twice in the path...
Installing it properly now though
single lane map is currently on PBE

AND NOW WHAT YOUVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

PANDA TEEMO SKIN
PANDA TEEMO TEASER
not a legendary skin so you dont have to quit LoL over it

THE FUCKING ZONGZI EXPLODES INTO RICE PARTICLES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom