• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Pretty sure most Olafs pick Q at level 1, due to built- in slow and CD- refresh, thus better damage potential.

And going into an early autoattack- race with Olaf is just asking for trouble, his passive alone gives him an edge.

Not until he is level 6. Play aggressive or you will lose 100%.

Trust me. I played nothing but poppy for almost a month and won more than 80% of my games, losing laning phase 10 times in a total of over 150 games because I failed to ward at right times.

Zekent/Spamhappy found this counter to olaf. Look at his vid on youtube.

And shurelyias is the most OP item in the game along with frozen heart. Rush it asap on supports after you get hog. Best initiation item and escape item all built into one.
You see someone out of position? Use shurelyias and kill them. Easy.

How strong is Malphite? Too strong.

Can he stall top? Yes he can.
Can he push? Yes he can.
Can he initiate? Yes he can.
Can he CC in 3 different ways? Yes he can.

<3<3<3

Stone

Generally: Wits End or Frozen Heart, as needed. If someone else has FH, get Randuins. If you go FH first, get WE when you get Glacial Shroud. Frozen Mallet at some point.

Game usually ends around there. I get a Tiamat at that point for the giggles. AOE DAMAGE

P.S. A game with Malphite, Alistar, and Blitz are mean. When the fight starts, ya'll disabled for a while. We were also partnered with a Cass and Graves, so AoE stun and darkness to boot.

zkylon

zkylewd
Stone

Generally: Wits End or Frozen Heart, as needed. If someone else has FH, get Randuins. If you go FH first, get WE when you get Glacial Shroud. Frozen Mallet at some point.

Game usually ends around there. I get a Tiamat at that point for the giggles. AOE DAMAGE

P.S. A game with Malphite, Alistar, and Blitz are mean. When the fight starts, ya'll disabled for a while. We were also partnered with a Cass and Graves, so AoE stun and darkness to boot.
Cool, will try it out. Just had a couple good matches with Malph so I'm feeling like trying an actual build.

What's the third CC method for malphite?
He's got a homing slow, a stun that's not affected by tenacity and a fist stomp that does 30% attack speed reduction in a small area around him.

Blizzard

Banned
Cool, will try it out. Just had a couple good matches with Malph so I'm feeling like trying an actual build.

He's got a homing slow, a stun that's not affected by tenacity and a fist stomp that does 30% attack speed reduction in a small area around him.
Ah, I guess I don't think of attack speed reduction as crowd control per se.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lol I just played against a team in which everyone but Xerath disconnected 2 minutes in. Poor Xerath kept trying to hold it out and waited until minute 26 to surrender for some reason (he had two interior turrets remaining). Xerath went down with his chin up, let me tell ya lol.

Ken

Lol I just played against a team in which everyone but Xerath disconnected 2 minutes in. Poor Xerath kept trying to hold it out and waited until minute 26 to surrender for some reason (he had two interior turrets remaining). Xerath went down with his chin up, let me tell ya lol.

Poor Xerath.

Ken

Xerath is really fun, especially against people who don't know how he works who will stand still after getting hit by a E.

zkylon

zkylewd
agreed, one of the worst passives in the game.
i remember reading that they might change it so his damage increase depending on the distance, that would fix him so much.
I hope not, I have a tendency for getting hit by his straight laser thingie :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't feel like the range on Xerath is really enough to justify the low survivability and weak kit he has to offer. Not only is he a champion with low mobility, but he has to sacrifice even more of it to truly become effective. You can do really well on him and put out a lot of damage, but it requires very specific position and team fight control. His damage output is actually more sustained than bursty. With a tankier team comp, and someone like Nautilus or Sejuani who can really hold a team fight in place I feel like he could still really work well.

I think he's one of the more difficult champions in the game to play effectively, and requires and understanding on how you can trade, poke, and position safely on top of knowing when and how you can burst an opponent down. It's one of the reasons why it's hard seeing him on free week. He is really easy to counter, and you really need to know the lane matchup to not get dumped on.

Boken

Banned
I remember when you thought he was a god

What, his wave clearing is incredible, it's just his extreme relative lack of mobility that gets him. He's like a less mobile version of Karthus with less damage and hyper carry ability and no global. Deadlier in lane though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I remember when you thought he was a god
Me too. I'm pretty dumb sometimes. To be fair I think that was before Ahri was released, who is popular, rarely banned, and one of the hardest counters in the game to him. I would probably play Xerath more if his wave clearing and farm weren't so piss poor.

FoxSpirit

That explains why in my first PvP in ages my Ahri won mid so well against a Xerath. Started to carry heavily but lacked experience to avoid the heavy focus fire this earned me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, Malph on solo top is amazing. Six victories in a row with him, though I had a great team.

Next I gotta start fully getting the hand of Lux. I suck at farming, my CS is always pretty bad, and it's the reason I usually lose mid.

Ken

3/13 Teemo gets mad at us for being a fail team. No one else on our team had over 8 deaths. Never getting above 1150 ELO. @_@

Man, just played against a 3 AD team. Two of them being ranged and I'm the only one that builds fucking armor and the rest of the team wonders why we lose. Fuck...

I can't believe this.

KIgRE.png

I was gonna go Lanewick and I thought Sejuani was gonna jungle since she had Smite. Turns out I lagged so summoner spell display wasn't updated. Sejuani was gonna lane and I ended up having Smite since I jungled the last time. It didn't help that my masteries didn't have jungle-specific ones, and my runes were set for Lanewick (mpen reds). Not to mention, at the start they invaded twice and took blue but I got away without using Flash. I ended up taking a weird route. The invasion ended up being a small mistake for them because they just had to camp our blue for some time, expecting me to walk back soon. >_>

Somehow it ended well. Lifesteal isn't something I consider for WW but I just had to take wriggles for wards and to speed up jungling. Led up with 5-0-something early on, it was nuts.

zkylon

zkylewd
told ya dawg~
Just had another great win with solo top Malph (2 0 2 on 26 mins). I might try him jungler next time, since me and my friends need a third jungler so we can switch roles between matches so no one gets bored. Haven't really tried your build because most matches end before I can buy a WE (to be fair, I go for the FH first) or a Frozen Mallet (which are the two big differences, I used to buy Warmog before, but now it seems pretty pointless at that price), but I've seen a big difference from going solo top and farming minions, and skipping the Philopher's Stone (getting boots or HoG instead) I usually get when I'm leaving the minions for my carry on bot. I feel I play a lot more aggressively this way and I have a lot more fun too.

I was also thinking of buying Fiora, mostly because I like her design. What do you guys think of her?

zkylon

zkylewd
Enjoy your fotm malphite top. It will be nerfed soon enough, and the rise of the Garen will commence.
I started playing the game not two months ago and Malph's been the champion I started with, when he was on free week. Not exploiting anything as far as I'm concerned.

Ken

I was also thinking of buying Fiora, mostly because I like her design. What do you guys think of her?

I dislike her for not having any CC to chase down or keep people fighting her after you hit Burst of Speed. Would be cool if her W was a taunt-on-hit but it's not so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom