• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Can't agree with that sadly. Went 8 or 9 kills to 0 deaths in my first ahri game then proceeded to lose because she can't carry end game.

Ended with a score of 17/4 i think

I can't comment on her ability to carry late game, but if you land one Charm at the right time, you can decide the game. It's such a powerful taunt late game, because it doesn't put Ahri at risk. Hit the AD carry and watch the opposite team do a successful surrender vote.

Sup, Ranked GAF.

iGdOO.png

Feature

Banned
Can't agree with that sadly. Went 8 or 9 kills to 0 deaths in my first ahri game then proceeded to lose because she can't carry end game.

Ended with a score of 17/4 i think

strange, I always go for rod of ages first and then build pure AP from there. I'll end up with 500AP and you the orb thing has a low cool down so you can practically spam it at the enemies' tower to keep them back. If you hit a AD carry with it and it does the magic damage + true damage, they'll have their life gone for 1 third at least. And indeed, that taunt is super deadly.

She's OP to me, not only because I get easily killed by an Ahri , but also because I crush people as her myself. Even in my first game I went 10-0 or something.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Sup, Ranked GAF.

iGdOO.png

I am so glad you cut out that part that show it was a 4 vs 5, it made us look so much better.

strange, I always go for rod of ages first and then build pure AP from there. I'll end up with 500AP and you the orb thing has a low cool down so you can practically spam it at the enemies' tower to keep them back. If you hit a AD carry with it and it does the magic damage + true damage, they'll have their life gone for 1 third at least. And indeed, that taunt is super deadly.

It does 140 damage + 33% ap ratio each way, so assume that the AD carry you face have 0 magic resist while you have 500AP, each way will do 305 damage.

Will add you, Rex.

Good games tonight. I appreciate all the coaching. :)

You did a very good job as Alistar.

I honestly think he's one of the harder supports. You have to know when to initiate, when to hold back, and some of his best combos are hard to pull off without Flash. Best thing was, you listened!

Ferga

so.... if a new champ is being released next week, how come we don't have a champ preview?

+ why doesn't anyone run taric/garen bot?

Rawk Hawk

Well played my first couple draft pick games with some non-gaf friends yesterday (I am just as shocked as you that they exist), nice to ban annoying champs, but I got counter picked so bad. Worst was when I picked Sion to mid, and they picked Ryze and just crushed me. I would shield up, wait for recast so I could pop it, run in to get some CS and he would break my shield and do 25% damage to my HP, netting me no money and less health, it was horrible.

Question to more veteran players, what do you do when you find a lane you are just being killed in? Added note, this Ryze barely CS'd himself on purpose so the wave was almost always at his tower and he could pick off CS when he wanted but not allowing me to get close enough to even get XP.

What I did was switch Top with our Gangplank, who didn't have problems with Ryze at all, unfortunately Top was a lane Skarner who was hard to deal with as well, although I did better there.

Wrekt

I'm about to turn into those assholes that insta-locks an AP carry and calls mid before everybody even loads into the champ select screen. I've been stuck jungling the past few games and these assholes push to their towers and never buy a ward. So they bitch because they hand over the easiest ganks to the enemy jungler and then they bitch because I can't gank under the enemy turret.

bjaelke

Well played my first couple draft pick games with some non-gaf friends yesterday (I am just as shocked as you that they exist), nice to ban annoying champs, but I got counter picked so bad. Worst was when I picked Sion to mid, and they picked Ryze and just crushed me. I would shield up, wait for recast so I could pop it, run in to get some CS and he would break my shield and do 25% damage to my HP, netting me no money and less health, it was horrible.

Question to more veteran players, what do you do when you find a lane you are just being killed in? Added note, this Ryze barely CS'd himself on purpose so the wave was almost always at his tower and he could pick off CS when he wanted but not allowing me to get close enough to even get XP.

What I did was switch Top with our Gangplank, who didn't have problems with Ryze at all, unfortunately Top was a lane Skarner who was hard to deal with as well, although I did better there.

Switch lanes like you did or ask the jungler for some intensive ganks. You could also go in, attack the creeps, charge shield, stun Ryze and blow shield on damaged creeps. You won't necessarily be able to get in range of Ryze, but you should be able to get some of the creeps. With this method you'll lose some health before charging the shield.

You could also get 2 gp5 items (Philo stone and Kage's lucky pick) to compensate for your lack of cs - not in comparison to Ryze, but in comparison to what you'd normally have.

If anyone is interested, i have the first funkasarus ranked game along with the 2 in house neogaf games on LoLReplay under my tag Phoenixazure (to find easy) I would provide direct linakge but dunno how, hope that helps.

Blizzard

Banned
I think I'm still in a ranked team or two, but I don't think anyone ever coordinated playing another game after I had joined them. =(

So sad that we almost lost that 4v5....

You don't run taric Garen because Jarvan Leona is superior in every way.

Well, they had no real pushing power. While Wukong's occasional absence obviously made a difference, their team tactics were lacking. When they had Baron they didn't push, and only did well as gankers. In team fights with 5v5 present we traded equally, and that's WITH the advantage they had for most of the game. We were more focused on objectives.

Hell, I remember wasting a good minute or two of their buff by kiting them around the jungle while our minions pushed into their base.

Also, Garen don't need no Taric. Hide in the bushes all day every day. Sometimes even that isn't necessary. Leona/Jarvan for life.

bjaelke

So I decided to give the 10 for 10 challenge a try. I'm currently at my 4th straight victory. Right now I just random in champion select. It gives me an excuse to try champions I'd otherwise avoid. My stats so far are:
Amumu (3/0/7)
Lux (8/0/2)
Tryndamere (5/2/8)
Nasus (5/1/12)

That Amumu was solo top, because I was last pick >_<

Rawk Hawk

Switch lanes like you did or ask the jungler for some intensive ganks. You could also go in, attack the creeps, charge shield, stun Ryze and blow shield on damaged creeps. You won't necessarily be able to get in range of Ryze, but you should be able to get some of the creeps. With this method you'll lose some health before charging the shield.

You could also get 2 gp5 items (Philo stone and Kage's lucky pick) to compensate for your lack of cs - not in comparison to Ryze, but in comparison to what you'd normally have.
Well I sort of did that to some extent, ended up just settling for the melee creeps by keeping range. But once Ryze released he had me in a tight spot, he did a good job just keeping the pressure, my stun had a lower range (and slower casting time) that by the time he was stunned, I had no shield left. I think what I should have done was grab a null cape or some MR real early when I knew he was going to try and pop my shield on me, but maybe next time. I'm still fairly ridged with my core builds I like, and generally don't sway from them until the 3rd or 4th item.

Well I sort of did that to some extent, ended up just settling for the melee creeps by keeping range. But once Ryze released he had me in a tight spot, he did a good job just keeping the pressure, my stun had a lower range (and slower casting time) that by the time he was stunned, I had no shield left. I think what I should have done was grab a null cape or some MR real early when I knew he was going to try and pop my shield on me, but maybe next time. I'm still fairly ridged with my core builds I like, and generally don't sway from them until the 3rd or 4th item.

A number of things to consider:

1) did i pick sion too soon? 1st and 2nd picks you're better off picking someone hard to counter and then trading. Counterpicks will always happen of course (the beauty of draft) but you can do your part to minimize them.

2) Sion CS's really well under tower, where ryze does not CS well. His autoattk is bad and has to rely on his Q for a responsive CS. So you either want to let him push you into your tower and you sit and comfortably farm, or you push him into his where you have mediocre CS and he has worse. Just dont sit in the middle of river where he farms the best and has free reign to blast you. Of course ward so you dont get ganked.

3) Since ryze was pressuring you, stacking dorans rings would've helped with both the HP and the AP on your shield. early null is OK but sion is best mid game and you dont want to delay your AP items too long or you miss your window where you are the strongest.

Blizzard

Banned
I reallly should've grabbed lee sin or a jungler that does damage to help. That was our lacking point ;/
Well if you want my pro advice, I'd say the clear problem is that you didn't have enough yordles.

I kinda liked how your ult's damage reduction combined with my W's damage reduction and my armor/magic resist to make me unkillable.

I CAN'T STOP SPINNIN'
But both you and maokai *edit* and Ahri were tied for most deaths on the team, and more deaths than anyone on the other team. Not unkillable ENOUGH. ;p

Well if you want my pro advice, I'd say the clear problem is that you didn't have enough yordles.

But both you and maokai *edit* and Ahri were tied for most deaths on the team, and more deaths than anyone on the other team. Not unkillable ENOUGH. ;p

End game, dawg, end game.

All my deaths came from crazy tower dives (which I netted kills from) or 2v1s top (where I was punished by Skarner for owning Wukong). Once teamfights commenced, it was awwww yeeeeeeeeah time.

Except for when Bind had to sacrifice himself to save me. I felt bad about that.

P.S. How do we access the LoLReplay file? I wanna see what deaths were entirely avoidable, and if my theory about why we won v why they didn't (when they had 5, baron, and the advantage) was right.

God, they really need to redo the client.

It is so painstakingly ugly.
The in-game interface is ugly too.

Riot's code is mostly a slapped together piece of crap because they just wanted to get it out the door and had no idea how big it would blow up.

My biggest wish is that they do a LoL 2.0 version from the ground up, with a new launcher and everything, and really polish the shit out of it.

Weird thing is I still play the shit out of this game and it's in my all time favorites.

Riot's code is mostly a slapped together piece of crap because they just wanted to get it out the door and had no idea how big it would blow up.

My biggest wish is that they do a LoL 2.0 version from the ground up, with a new launcher and everything, and really polish the shit out of it.

Weird thing is I still play the shit out of this game and it's in my all time favorites.

The core mechanics are great, and they've made huge strides in the UI, but there's... something that's off. I can't pinpoint it like others can, but...

I really do hope they are working on a new client behind the scenes. I mean, like, has Riot tried to make a 5v5 custom? It takes several minutes to load! Ridiculous.

bjaelke

Their plan was to redo the whole game through "project shiny". I say was, because they put it on hold and started updating old models instead (see Gangplank).

Wrekt

My #1 priority would be to normalize the camera. I prefer using the locked camera but it's unusable if you are purple side.

bjaelke

Of course I can't say anything in depth about the next champion, but I can tell you, that he/she has been in the pipeline for over half a year and we were waiting for a specific piece of technology to get the champion out.

I should make a tiered list of champs for low ELO non-ranked playing noobs such as myself. In fact, I will right now!

* Tier 5: Taric

Tier one champs own noob games and change the game. Tier two can either carry hard or dominate at one point in the game. Tier three champs are harder to play, but can do very well or be super annoying. Tier four champs are too hard to play well consistently. Tier five champs have little impact on the game.

Wait, what?

JesseZao

My #1 priority would be to normalize the camera. I prefer using the locked camera but it's unusable if you are purple side.

They've said they would have to redo the graphics as the map only appears correct from the current POV. It's the one thing nice about TT.

Ferrio

Banned
So found my timewaster if I'm waiting for an SR game. Playing AP teemo in dominion. I've been bitched out quite a few times... I don't understand why either.. I'm usually gold/silver by the end of game.

garath

I'd still like to play with a Gaffer if get a chance. I'm going to play a couple games once I get home in an hour. I'm not anything resembling a pro. I've got 20 or so wins and about 30 games?

I play a decent Vayne and Irelia (though I only own Vayne) and tinker with most of the free ones week in and week out. I plan on trying Sivir first tonight if I get a chance.

I'd still like to play with a Gaffer if get a chance. I'm going to play a couple games once I get home in an hour. I'm not anything resembling a pro. I've got 20 or so wins and about 30 games?

I play a decent Vayne and Irelia (though I only own Vayne) and tinker with most of the free ones week in and week out. I plan on trying Sivir first tonight if I get a chance.

You in the chatchannel, dawg? Your name looks familiar...

phinious

I'm about to turn into those assholes that insta-locks an AP carry and calls mid before everybody even loads into the champ select screen. I've been stuck jungling the past few games and these assholes push to their towers and never buy a ward. So they bitch because they hand over the easiest ganks to the enemy jungler and then they bitch because I can't gank under the enemy turret.

dude, I mainly jungle.... this happens every single game that you lose lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom