• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
PS. Ferrio making us all work so hard with jungle teemo.

For that game maybe. But the previous game to it Teemo was the star baby, the star! Well maybe not the star, but first blood and some good early pressure. He's actually kinda fun to jungle, maybe I should try maxing his W first if I'm jungling... hrmm. Second game wasn't that bad either, I did have a shit ton of deaths... but they had it out for poor teemo.

Either way jungling skarner only gets soooo boring. I needed something to mix up jungle with. Guess I should fall back on Riven if I'm feeling that way. Though going to try teemo again, the shroom factor alone makes him hilarious. Since you're jungling you have all the time in the world to shroom up areas.

Blizzard

Banned
After I finish my 10-20 games of practicing with solo top Riven, maybe I will go ahead and buy skarner if he hasn't been nerfed in the next patch. He does seem like a decent tanky jungle choice, and he seemed to clear very quickly.

For that game maybe, previous game? Teemo was the star baby, the star!
How dare you, I'm the only one allowed to play Teemo around here. >=(

Macattk15

I'm guessing it's against everything to sell LoL accounts. I have every champ to date (including Viktor), tons of skins and several Legendary skins (Vlad, Trynd, Mundo, Olaf), 7 rune pages with assorted runes and basically no time to play anymore :(

Not saying I would definitely sell my account info ... but do people get banned over that?

Ferrio

Banned
I'm guessing it's against everything to sell LoL accounts. I have every champ to date (including Viktor), tons of skins and several Legendary skins (Vlad, Trynd, Mundo, Olaf), 7 rune pages with assorted runes and basically no time to play anymore :(

Not saying I would definitely sell my account info ... but do people get banned over that?

Pretty sure you could.... if you got caught.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Sell it to Rayven.

ElectraStar

Just watched the replay of my jungle Yorick earlier, full clear w/ hard pull on blue @ 3:22. Too fast

Last night was so super fun. Can't forget dem pro Kiunch-Zil ults!
I'm pretty sure we were laughing nonstp during the entire game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/oah2x/its_important_to_learn_the_support_role/

A pretty great post about bot lane comps. I learned a few things from it.

Holy crap, this is a lot of literature. I only got through the first part so far (too many words make my brain go PFFFFFLLLLSSPLAAAATTT), but the lane combo options sound solid to me. But sometimes I find myself conflicted when choosing which support to play because I'm weighting the pros and cons of early game laning contribution vs team fight contribution (classic example being Sona's ult vs. Soraka's early game buffs). For instance, even if you out-farm their AD carry, if the game goes long enough they might catch up, which makes me wonder if more CC or tankiness may have been a better option. Maybe I should pick up Alistar?

Anyone have thoughts on other killer combos or support heroes that throw off the other team in bottom lane? I will not be satisfied until the players on the other team have a look of total confusion on their faces.

Blizzard

Banned
Anyone have thoughts on other killer combos or support heroes that throw off the other team in bottom lane? I will not be satisfied until the players on the other team have a look of total confusion on their faces.
Alistar and Tristana are free (they're SO free) if you don't have them already. :D

Inskipp

Janna was a martyr. Should of just B'ed through your lane/jungle, instead of having all 5 chase you.
Yeah I guess... But it would have been hell of a lot less entertaining

Although if I b'd through my lane, morgana could have hit her stun on me and allowed Lee sin to kick me back towards their lane.

Tbh I'm not sure if Janna was needed there. She coulda just ulted Shyvana away midflight, thus not allowing Shy to ignite me, and then save the tornado for herself.

My favorite support is Leona.

When I'm Jarvan. AWWWWW YEEEAH.

In all seriousness, I find Sona and Janna to be my favorite supports to play with. I hate Soraka after the 15 minute mark, and Alistar is amazing or horrendous.

dimb

Support Nunu is pretty good for this.

Blizzard

Banned
Zilean seems like a good support in some situations too. In the right lane his bombs are INCREDIBLY frustrating since there is no warning, no sound, no skillshot, and absolutely nothing you can do about them unless you're one of the rare champions to have a spellshield or non-targetable dodge. This can be especially nasty if the laning opposition doesn't have a healer.

dimb

I don't like Zilean as dedicated support at all. His late game is super weak already, without farm it's just awful.

Ferrio

Banned
We should come up with a WotA team. Everyone on the team gets one, long as there's another person around you, you'll get the double effect.

ElectraStar

Zilean seems like a good support in some situations too.
I did it once to try it out and it went pretty well. The one thing I have to figure out is what exactly Zilean does in a team fight. Other than a well-timed ult on the carry and dropping bombs on some foo's, I guess all you can do is speed buff people?

I wanted to do it again last night but chickened out, so Kiunch went mid Zil to make me jealous and whooped ass. SO MANLY

Blizzard

Banned
I tried Nunu once, and it was a total disaster. Maybe I shuld try my hand at Alistar next time a fellow AD carry GAFfer wants to walk me through it (I don't tank really ever)
Early on he's quite simple. I think even I was a reasonable Alistar in one game when I laned with you (stealing all your kills), and if I can do it anyone can!

The guide I used started with the mana regen part of philo stone, potions, and like 3 wards. That might be excessive but they're nice to have. Then get philo stone and heart of gold and level 1 shoes as soon as possible. Level E first, and keep hitting it whenever you're near your partner and you're both not 100%, unless you're almost totally out of mana.

Also the dash -> knockup combo may be unreliable to pull off, so just plain knockup is probably better, possibly followed by punching them into your team assuming your team isn't low health or something.

We should come up with a WotA team. Everyone on the team gets one, long as there's another person around you, you'll get the double effect.
I've never messed with WotA...does it max out at two?

If you don't ram them into a wall, PLEASE PLEASE do not try the headbutt -> knockup combo.

I did solo queue a week ago, and every fucking Alistar messed it up, to my great detriment.

dimb

?

Late game isn't he pure utility?
The usefulness of his utility runs off the longer the game goes. He just doesn't play well with zero CS because most of what he brings to the table is his bombs. Even if you ult someone a lot of the time it would just be better to have a real champ backing that person up so they don't die in the first place.

ElectraStar

?

Late game isn't he pure utility?

You basically drop bombs on people, ult your carry, and then speed boost yourself to safety while mumbling about everything being in good time. It's awesome.

However, because he's only got two skills that scale on AP, they have very good ratios, which is why farming with him is also a good option; I have a friend that used to main as him, and by late game his ult heals you for a ridiculously epic amount. Not to mention that you can perma-bomb people if for some reason they are chasing you, and watch their health go down comically fast.

It's definitely about positioning yourself properly, though.

Achtius

You can gain an aura from a person, and an aura from yourself. Same with aegis.

So if you and another person have them that's 110 AP, and 50% spell vamp, fucking broken.

i think bind had 80% something spell vamp at one point

edit: SONA SKIN <3

oh apparently those skins are not limited availability o_O

Ferga

OMG... the login screen. First time i've ever stopped typing in my password and actually took in the beauty of the art of the login screen.

Ferga

Kennen, Galio, Nunu(jungle), Sona, Range carry(graves pereferably).

4 WotAs.

The line of ults would heal everyone back to full health (except for the poor graves).

I haven't played dota for years but yes, this was common in dota also but dota is much more fluid and adaptable from what I remember. You don't HAVE to have a jungler, roaming is common, you can build to suit your needs in game instead of a near identical core build almost every game etc.

The problem with dota is that it is very unforgiving and much slower paced. Did you stun the wrong person? too bad, you're dead and you just lost 400 gold. This goes on for an hour and a half until you lose.

Mxrz

I'm reading one of the jungle guides posted earlier. Shyvana is considered a top tier jungler? I know she's fast with her W, but how would you gank with her with no easy stun/snare?

I bought her back on release, but never found much use for her. But I wouldn't mind playing her some more, especially if she can jungle so well.

I haven't played dota for years but yes, this was common in dota also but dota is much more fluid and adaptable from what I remember. You don't HAVE to have a jungler, roaming is common, you can build to suit your needs in game instead of a near identical core build almost every game etc.

The problem with dota is that it is very unforgiving and much slower paced. Did you stun the wrong person? too bad, you're dead and you just lost 400 gold. This goes on for an hour and a half until you lose.

Sounds like an item problem instead of a character problem. The item selection in LoL is relatively limited.

I would advocate MORE ITEMS.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Honest question.

Does DotA have a similar prevalent meta? What is the current meta for DotA?

Carry Support is a pretty stand lane composition for the genre, you see the occasional trilane (sometimes a trilane with the 3rd being a jungle). Running Support Carry in mid is something you see pretty often.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Honest question.

Does DotA have a similar prevalent meta? What is the current meta for DotA?

There isn't one dominant strategy like LoL, but Dota 2's meta right now is heavily roam/gank/push oriented. There is alot of incentive to push for rax ASAP and gank carries. Top heroes are Furion, Night Stalker, Lich, Anti-Mage and Broodmother.

Dunno about Dota 1, though. That game's competitive scene is dead outside of China.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm reading one of the jungle guides posted earlier. Shyvana is considered a top tier jungler? I know she's fast with her W, but how would you gank with her with no easy stun/snare?

I bought her back on release, but never found much use for her. But I wouldn't mind playing her some more, especially if she can jungle so well.

Where we she considered top tier jungle? She clears quickly (very) but other than that she's pretty crappy. If you don't have red there's no way you're ganking unless your lanes have stun. Even then it's a pain.

I dont think ive seen anyone run shyv in tourneys. Great clear times but if you want to gank with her you MUST lane gank or go through enemy tribush. river ganks are near impossible.

As shyv the strategy seems like it should just be outfarm the other jungler, control dragon and put only a little bit of gank pressure out. Maybe theyre running smite/exhaust?

Ferrio

Banned
I dont think ive seen anyone run shyv in tourneys. Great clear times but if you want to gank with her you MUST lane gank or go through enemy tribush. river ganks are near impossible.

As shyv the strategy seems like it should just be outfarm the other jungler, control dragon and put only a little bit of gank pressure out. Maybe theyre running smite/exhaust?

She's good counter jungle I'll give her that. Due to her clear times, and decent starting damage she can hunt down the other jungler pretty well.

Ferrio

Banned
Kennen, Galio, Nunu(jungle), Sona, Range carry(graves pereferably).

4 WotAs.

The line of ults would heal everyone back to full health (except for the poor graves).

Bah I want a karth in there.

edit: dammit I double posted. Can't work be done already.

Blu10

Just started playing Teemo for something new, and am I just not understanding the mushrooms, or are they really basically just for vision instead of using wards?

Ferrio

Banned
Just started playing Teemo for something new, and am I just not understanding the mushrooms, or are they really basically just for vision instead of using wards?

They're mines. Step over them they go boom, do a good deal of damage and slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom