• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
This is why you don't put me mid.

It is really based on preference, building hex first give you better sustain, but it make delay your build and make your burst a lot worst.

Even if you are running double AP team, abyssal will be more beneficial in term of damage for both AP than wota's aura.

Any advice on how to build hecarim? I've been going boots, philo stone, HoG, frozen heart, then trinforce, just not sure what to do after that

EXGN

Listening to the Curse teamspeak during that last game was awful. Everyone pointing figures and raging, sounded like a solo queue game rather than a pro team. Saint Vicious apparently does everything perfectly while he blames everyone else for the game going south.

I actually thought Curse has been doing really well lately, but they really need to work on their communication and teamplay. SV seemed to call the shots and even made Cop play Urgot, even though he said he hadn't played as him in while. They need some bonding or something or else they're gonna bomb the S2 finals.

MultiCore

Oh man, I should have listened to them instead of TSM. Would have been very interesting, and I probably would have got more out of it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Saint Vicious apparently does everything perfectly while he blames everyone else for the game going south.
Well when your jungler has more CS than any of your lanes they kind of messed up.

EXGN

Well when your jungler has more CS than any of your lanes they kind of messed up.

That's the problem, all he did was farm and clear wards. In the last game, Pobelter was so far behind and he didn't even peak his head up to give him some relief. He just kept AFK jungle farming.

Ken

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2436855

Seems like Riot backed out and we get Final Spark for Lux's ult. I like it :)

"[But Final Spark] doesn't even come close to conveying what the ability does. And Infinite Light does. Yeah, yeah, it’s not a global ability, but it's a pretty big ******* laser. A little hyperbole is just fine by us. We considered translating the name directly from German to English as “Final Spark,” but felt reference to electricity didn’t feel like Lux."

I should start a petition for a Miku Sona skin now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fiddlesticks seems pretty good.. any tips for dealing with him?

Super squishy champion, early ganks will help against him at mid. Jungle fiddle is easily(?) counterjungled too.

"[But Final Spark] doesn't even come close to conveying what the ability does. And Infinite Light does. Yeah, yeah, it’s not a global ability, but it's a pretty big ******* laser. A little hyperbole is just fine by us. We considered translating the name directly from German to English as “Final Spark,” but felt reference to electricity didn’t feel like Lux."

FFS, it's just a name...

siddhu33

What is your favourite champion?

Mine is nasus. I always liked how nasus has some utility that people seem to forget about. He is good at pushing, good at defending, and also good at locking down that carry. He is, of course, best at solo top, where he can seem to hold his own against most champs (at my pitiful, unranked, solo q level) , and if that goes south? Just farm his Q and 3 hit a tower. You'll cause enough damage somehow. And the late game is just bliss. Not many champs can take out a farmed trynd with maxed out items, without kiting.

So if people don't like playing him, just try it out... Just remember to tell your team that you'll be busy for the first 20 minutes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Final Spark doesn't make sense either. You can use her ult more than once in her lifetime so... does that really make it Final? lol.

It's the final spark her enemies will ever see.

Sona. She has sustain, a speed boost, and an annoying lane poke with an AOE stun ultimate to top it all off. That, and she's pretty easy to learn when compared to other supports.

siddhu33

It's the final spark her enemies will ever see.

Sona. She has sustain, a speed boost, and an annoying lane poke with an AOE stun ultimate to top it all off. That, and she's pretty easy to learn when compared to other supports.
So if I was to start learning how to use supports, then sona would be the ideal starting point?

Pancakes

So if I was to start learning how to use supports, then sona would be the ideal starting point?

She's easy to learn but difficult to master. At lower levels you can get away with just spamming your abilities while still helping your team. She's a bit pricy at 3150 when compared to Soraka at 450 but all of her abilities are auto aim so it helps if you're not good with skill shots.

Ken

I think they should have called it Laser Beam

tumblr_m83ouwm4X21r81ywyo1_500.png

She's easy to learn but difficult to master.

You can say this about every champion.

Nocturne.

zkylon

zkylewd

Mine is nasus. I always liked how nasus has some utility that people seem to forget about. He is good at pushing, good at defending, and also good at locking down that carry. He is, of course, best at solo top, where he can seem to hold his own against most champs (at my pitiful, unranked, solo q level) , and if that goes south? Just farm his Q and 3 hit a tower. You'll cause enough damage somehow. And the late game is just bliss. Not many champs can take out a farmed trynd with maxed out items, without kiting.

So if people don't like playing him, just try it out... Just remember to tell your team that you'll be busy for the first 20 minutes.
I've had a deathproof Nasus once just win the game by himself. The guy just killed us in two or three hits lol...

My favorite champ would probably be Lux, but I'm playing her less and less these days, since I get the feeling she might be a bit subpar compared to some other champs. Her combo is amazing too: Q>autoattack>E>R>blow up E>shift+4 :3

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Listening to the Curse teamspeak during that last game was awful. Everyone pointing figures and raging, sounded like a solo queue game rather than a pro team. Saint Vicious apparently does everything perfectly while he blames everyone else for the game going south.

I actually thought Curse has been doing really well lately, but they really need to work on their communication and teamplay. SV seemed to call the shots and even made Cop play Urgot, even though he said he hadn't played as him in while. They need some bonding or something or else they're gonna bomb the S2 finals.

Oddone said a while ago about Curse.NA that they are great players individually but together they are a bad team; it's every man for himself on Curse.NA. Soooooooo true.

Pancakes

You can say this about every champion.

But it's not exactly the same thing. A bad Janna ult can ruin a teamfight, whereas a Sona ult can't really hurt your team unless you completely miss.

Ferga

Don't do this.

You can go flash ghost on ashe if you're focusing on late game. Attack move with ghost ashe is pretty unstoppable. You'll never hit her.

But don't do this in solo queue. You'll lose lane almost always unless you got some serious synergy with your support player.

dimb

Ghost is useless on Ashe. It just makes you an easier target for Exhaust. All it takes is one gap closer, or someone catching you off guard and you're done. Even if you're building around late game you would be better served by Cleanse. Running double mobility summoners on an AD carry just says that you don't know how to position properly.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ghost is useless on Ashe. It just makes you an easier target for Exhaust. All it takes is one gap closer, or someone catching you off guard and you're done. Even if you're building around late game you would be better served by Cleanse. Running double mobility summoners on an AD carry just says that you don't know how to position properly.

I agree. Flash is all you need honestly for repositioning/escape.

Ken

But it's not exactly the same thing. A bad Janna ult can ruin a teamfight, whereas a Sona ult can't really hurt your team unless you completely miss.

But a Sona ult that doesn't hit everyone puts the solo queue debuff of "noob support can't hit ult go back to farmville" debuff on everyone on Sona's team.

Also Jarvan VA = Ryu. No wonder I think he's cool.

Ferga

Ashe strives on her slows. If you get jumped on by gap closers such as xin zhao, warwick and nocturne, you're still going to die unless your team peels them off for you. Positioning means nothing when you have to vs a team with 2 or more champs with gap closers. Cleanse isn't going to save your life when it comes to gap closers.

Great example of how ghost works on ashe's attack move with ghost on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-h3ZV4ggfc

dimb

Ashe strives on her slows. If you get jumped on by gap closers such as xin zhao, warwick and nocturne, you're still going to die unless your team peels them off for you. Positioning means nothing when you have to vs a team with 2 or more champs with gap closers. Cleanse isn't going to save your life when it comes to gap closers.

Great example of how ghost works on ashe's attack move with ghost on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-h3ZV4ggfc
Just because you saw something work for a pro on a stream doesn't make it good. You are not Aphromoo. The only thing the video you posted even emphasizes is how in a very, very, very specific situation if your enemy makes dozens of mistakes in a row you can pick up kills by blowing multiple summoners and ultimates while they use none when your team has a massive gold advantage.

In the video you posted the reason Ashe lives is because of Janna. The ghost kiting is honestly irrelevant, is over before kills are picked up, and still has to be used in conjunction with Flash just to create any real distance. If Nocturne or Gragas had an ultimate up it would have been over instantaneously. Aphro can't even trade well with Ezreal despite being significantly ahead on items, and the only reason he lives as long as he does is because Chaox misses his W by a mile before Janna stands in the way to block all of the shots.

The reason all of the bad advice that floods this thread bugs me is because lately playing with people from GAF is nightmarish window into incompetence and laziness as our team runs around uncoordinated and clueless. So yeah, don't tell people to run Ghost on Ashe.

Ken

The reason all of the bad advice that floods this thread bugs me is because lately playing with people from GAF is nightmarish window into incompetence and laziness as our team runs around uncoordinated and clueless. So yeah, don't tell people to run Ghost on Ashe.

A lesson I learned yesterday: don't let me play support/tanky junglers.

Pancakes

Such a strange game. We won pretty easily but I've never actually encountered a double jungle like this.

5hykv.png

dimb

A lesson I learned yesterday: don't let me play support/tanky junglers.
Corgi I could never be mad at you. Also Nautilus is one of your best champs, and he's a support/tanky jungler.

What do you do when enemies ward all their lanes so you can't gank? Buy vision wards for bot and top?

Just played a game where I couldn't gank anyone because no one warded their lanes and was saving up gold for stuff.

Ken

Corgi I could never be mad at you. Also Nautilus is one of your best champs, and he's a support/tanky jungler.

I feel like I can do more with Nocturne though. But then again I like hitting something and watching health bars go down and Nautilus doesn't do that for me.

What do you do when enemies ward all their lanes so you can't gank? Buy vision wards for bot and top?

Just played a game where I couldn't gank anyone because no one warded their lanes and was saving up gold for stuff.

Oracles!

XeroSauce

It's not useless, it has it's place.

Pancakes

I feel like I can do more with Nocturne though. But then again I like hitting something and watching health bars go down.

Can Nocturne pretend to be spider man? I didn't think so!

Then again Noc is basically Batman with his darkness and diving...hmmmmmm.

XeroSauce

you can run ghost sure
if you want to LOSE

Good god you people are narrow-minded

I'm not saying Ghost is good, I'm saying that having two escape/gap-closer spells on a squishy AD carry with a slow is not the end of the world and can be used

Next you are going to tell me that Ignite is useless on Irelia because she has true damage already (and you better not try to argue this sentence because it's clearly a joke, GAF).

Stop looking at absolutes. I've run Ghost/Flash on Ashe and done fine with it, Flash for getting away, Ghost if Flash wasn't enough or I want to chase better in lane.

I've also taken Cleanse, and I do not like it as much but it has it's place against Fiddle, Nocturne, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom