• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zyra was already super slow -- 389 movement speed with shoes I think. Does this make her the slowest AP mid in the game? I was commenting on whether it was possible to dodge a centered Cho Q, and I suspect with this change it is not. :p

Where did those notes come from, the PBE?

Ties Zyra with Anivia and Hiemerdinger @ 300ms.

Hero

Played possibly the worst game of LoL. I thought nautilus jungle was supposed to be easy mode clearly not. Didn't even bother to salvage top against a counter lane and just let it die completely. This is like the exact opposite of what a jungle is supposed to be doing. Holy shit, and I thought I was bad at jungle. At least I try and salvage the shit.

If you don't agree with that, you're an idiot. I don't care that I went 0-4-0 but if you think that you should let Skarner camp top lane for 2 minutes while you do nothing. And proceed to let him gank me freely and deny me farm and exp, that's the jungle's fault. Beyond 2 deaths, it's you own fault. Not mine.

I was gone all night so I'll respond to this now that I have the chance to.

First of all, the way you to talk to people is an unacceptable display of sportsmanship if you were to do it to random strangers, let alone GAFers. This is supposed to be a community and that kind of behavior and attitude is not something I need to deal with from internet strangers, let alone people that are supposed to be trying to have a good time. Nobody likes to lose but you sure mouthed off the entire match once Skarner ganked you at top. It's an unranked game, I can't even imagine how awful it must be to play with you in a ranked setting. The fact that you engaged in a dick-measuring contest with the random Akali on our team before the game even started over who was the better player should've tipped me off to what kind of personyou are.

Next, you pinged top bush for 2 minutes because Skarner was camping it. That's 2 minutes Skarner isn't doing farming or ganking another lane so if you KNEW he was there why not chill out and farm at turret or just go back and buy items? You then proceeded to bitch at me because I was bottom and how I need to find a better route when I said earlier in the game that Skarner counter jungled me by taking my first set of wraiths which sets me back considerably to the point where I had to do golems at a lower level than I should be doing them.

I like how you also don't mention the fact that when I finally did come top Akali and I ganked Riven while you sat back and did nothing and you actually got to take your tower. But nope, because I build Boots of Mobility on one of the slowest characters in the game I'm a scrub!

I'm not saying I'm perfect or I didn't make mistakes but I can definitely say that you made plenty of your own and blaming someone else and being a mouthy brat for the whole UNRANKED game makes you look like a little kid and I refuse to play with someone like that.

Snowman

Just started playing this with some friends, so far I like ashe and I like twisted fate, even though it took me a fair few games to get the hang of him :p Any other champion recommendations? I tried a few melee ones but I couldn't really figure out how to make them work if that makes sense.

Ken

Just started playing this with some friends, so far I like ashe and I like twisted fate, even though it took me a fair few games to get the hang of him :p Any other champion recommendations? I tried a few melee ones but I couldn't really figure out how to make them work if that makes sense.

Can't go wrong with Riven.

zkylon

zkylewd
Grim LoL day. Just got our asses kicked by Team Osito's (my 0 ranked games team, translation would be Team Lil' Bear because we all use Tibbers avvys) sworn enemies. We lost on every single ground: their Rumble destroyed our Vlad top, we got seriously outfarmed bot (my brother hasn't hit a Blitz pull in weeks), our poor Warwick's jungle was property of their Riven and I just got ganked like crazy since everything everywhere was falling apart.

And I got the impression Riven broke out of my snare (I was playing Lux) with her dash...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was gone all night so I'll respond to this now that I have the chance to.

First of all, the way you to talk to people is an unacceptable display of sportsmanship if you were to do it to random strangers, let alone GAFers. This is supposed to be a community and that kind of behavior and attitude is not something I need to deal with from internet strangers, let alone people that are supposed to be trying to have a good time. Nobody likes to lose but you sure mouthed off the entire match once Skarner ganked you at top. It's an unranked game, I can't even imagine how awful it must be to play with you in a ranked setting. The fact that you engaged in a dick-measuring contest with the random Akali on our team before the game even started over who was the better player should've tipped me off to what kind of personyou are.

Next, you pinged top bush for 2 minutes because Skarner was camping it. That's 2 minutes Skarner isn't doing farming or ganking another lane so if you KNEW he was there why not chill out and farm at turret or just go back and buy items? You then proceeded to bitch at me because I was bottom and how I need to find a better route when I said earlier in the game that Skarner counter jungled me by taking my first set of wraiths which sets me back considerably to the point where I had to do golems at a lower level than I should be doing them.

I like how you also don't mention the fact that when I finally did come top Akali and I ganked Riven while you sat back and did nothing and you actually got to take your tower. But nope, because I build Boots of Mobility on one of the slowest characters in the game I'm a scrub!

I'm not saying I'm perfect or I didn't make mistakes but I can definitely say that you made plenty of your own and blaming someone else and being a mouthy brat for the whole UNRANKED game makes you look like a little kid and I refuse to play with someone like that.

Sorry but your reaction afterwards wasn't that much justified either so I don't care for your particular comments about labeling immaturity. Just because a person is mouthy or because they act a certain way doesn't make them instantly immature, whether reality may dictate that it is so. I'd like that you keep crappy assumptions about another's overall character and maturity to yourself because by labeling others, you're also labeling yourself.

Regardless, the game's over, far too long for it to be actually relevant to discuss anyway.

In order to avoid further conflict I'm just going to avoid communicating you since your instinctive reaction is to block/ignore someone. I've seen people rage and complain on GAF but I have the decency to discuss and talk rather than instantly block. This way we both don't get banned for same shameless comments.

if his model remake got out before soraka then im going to rage :mad:

Lol. Who knows. If there's one thing I know, Riot's priorities are a bit... iffy.

janna op aram
E17CL.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Wait. Were you going against Vlad AS Ahri? Or did you just happen to fight him in the game.
Yup, I was Ahri against a Vlad mid. I play 99% of the times Blind Pick because I feel like Draft Pick is maybe too stressful based on my experience.

kayos90

Yup, I was Ahri against a Vlad mid. I play 99% of the times Blind Pick because I feel like Draft Pick is maybe too stressful based on my experience.

Well, draft or blind didn't really matter. I was just wondering if you were laning. Umm... would you mind describing what exactly happened in lane? In all honestly I believe Ahri counters Vlad. I think the only way Vlad would win is to Q and auto whenever chance he can get and that's usually if the person is a really really good player that can deal with counters.

Ken

Umm... would you mind describing what exactly happened

NSFW.

Aside: Taric is a pretty amazing support. His damage output is so high and helps makes kills happen more often with the ADC, relative to a more passive support like Soraka. I just wish he had better skins.

kayos90

NSFW.

Aside: Taric is a pretty amazing support. His damage output is so high and helps makes kills happen more often with the ADC, relative to a more passive support like Soraka. I just wish he had better skins.

wait what? lol? did i miss something. NSFW?

I think taric is definitely under appreciated as a support especially when people opt to choose supports like Janna or Soraka.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, draft or blind didn't really matter. I was just wondering if you were laning. Umm... would you mind describing what exactly happened in lane? In all honestly I believe Ahri counters Vlad. I think the only way Vlad would win is to Q and auto whenever chance he can get and that's usually if the person is a really really good player that can deal with counters.
I should start by saying I'm not very good at playing Ahri. Something about the time between I press my key and she shoots her charm that I have a hard time getting used to. I don't think it's lag, because I don't have the same problem with Lux's snare, but it kinda has that feeling.

That said, it wasn't nothing really crazy. The guy was good, I suck, I never got blue buff so the guy outsustained me and then zoned me out when I was out of mana (which I blew with a harass he merrily healed back while I was crying in the my manaless corner) and I didn't really know what his ult did. The guy had also mad dodging skills and he landed his ult a couple of key times and I didn't know it blew up after a time. If I had known that, I would've disengaged or something, but I didn't, so I kept fighting until I was suddenly dead and ended up wondering wtf just happened.

Sad story.

wait what? lol? did i miss something. NSFW?
I assume it's because the treatment Vlad gave me was of the violent and sexual nature, and very unpleasant.

kayos90

I should start by saying I'm not very good at playing Ahri. Something about the time between I press my key and she shoots her charm that I have a hard time getting used to. I don't think it's lag, because I don't have the same problem with Lux's snare, but it kinda has that feeling.

That said, it wasn't nothing really crazy. The guy was good, I suck, I never got blue buff so the guy outsustained me and then zoned me out when I was out of mana (which I blew with a harass he merrily healed back while I was crying in the my manaless corner) and I didn't really know what his ult did. The guy had also mad dodging skills and he landed his ult a couple of key times and I didn't know it blew up after a time. If I had known that, I would've disengaged or something, but I didn't, so I kept fighting until I was suddenly dead and ended up wondering wtf just happened.

Sad story.

I assume it's because the treatment Vlad gave me was of the violent and sexual nature, and very unpleasant.

Dude, it's totally fine. As long as you recognize what could've happened and how it can possibly be fixed, you're already getting better. Not sure about how you can actually play better, since i'd have to actually look at you playing to give optimal advice, I'd recommend this. Try smart casting with Ahri. There are certaini champions where smartcasting is a really big must. I consider Ahri to be one of them. It cuts down lag betwee the skills and honestly, it'll prevent delay and such since Ahri has no long animations between spells. They come out instantaenously.

zkylon

zkylewd
Dude, it's totally fine. As long as you recognize what could've happened and how it can possibly be fixed, you're already getting better. Not sure about how you can actually play better, since i'd have to actually look at you playing to give optimal advice, I'd recommend this. Try smart casting with Ahri. There are certaini champions where smartcasting is a really big must. I consider Ahri to be one of them. It cuts down lag betwee the skills and honestly, it'll prevent delay and such since Ahri has no long animations between spells. They come out instantaenously.
I fully adopted smartcasting a few weeks ago (not perfect at it or anything, but I'm smartcasting 99% of the times), but I'm still using shit+key to smart cast, so maybe there's something in the time it takes to hit the shift key, but I'm not sure since I feel it mostly happens with her charm. Feels a little like taking the safety off, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm pretty sure Ahri is well above my general skill level, specially since I know I'm no good at positioning and I haven't gotten her 'feel' just yet. I got a match in which I did decent uploaded (though with a healthy mistake count :p), if you're brave enough: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/671014/.

Boken

Banned
TSM just too weak.

Not really worth arguing over this point that much, but they really don't. As more mixed tournaments come up it'll become more apparent one way or the other, but for now NA teams still have the results on their side. M5 have been on an upswing and continue to improve, but CLG EU looks like a mess outside of Froggen.

Do they really pick what they're best at? Froggen ran Karthus with his other more played mages open because...? These guys are playing too safe, and not only did it hurt many teams this tournaments but it will hurt them coming up in the future. SK is like a joke and they came in third, which seemed to surprise even them.

The number of strong champions just completely forgotten about is laughable. Twisted Fate got picked once. Olaf was run once. Nocturne was pretty much completely forgotten. Ryze didn't get picked at all. I'm pretty sure Morgana didn't get grabbed even though she's falling off at high level play. Skarner didn't show up at all. Blitzcrank wasn't seen at all in spite of the huge surge in popularity he's had, which is even funnier when he does so well against Sona, who unfortunately reemerged at ECC.

Not even true. MLG League Arena comes up in four days, but watch any of the online stuff going on lately with NA teams. The quality of the games is higher and a step ahead of what was at ECC, and the picks are more diverse.

The only teams worse than Euro teams are Asian teams. I'll wait until Blaze, Frost, and Startale show up in more international settings, but for now it's hard to recognize the Asian scene.
tsm got dominated bro
NA are nothing

Also I see destinyhiro got called out. Kayos09 was pretty naughty too

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I fully adopted smartcasting a few weeks ago (not perfect at it or anything, but I'm smartcasting 99% of the times), but I'm still using shit+key to smart cast, so maybe there's something in the time it takes to hit the shift key, but I'm not sure since I feel it mostly happens with her charm. Feels a little like taking the safety off, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm pretty sure Ahri is well above my general skill level, specially since I know I'm no good at positioning and I haven't gotten her 'feel' just yet. I got a match in which I did decent uploaded (though with a healthy mistake count :p), if you're brave enough: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/671014/.

I only watch the first 20 min:

1. Don't let kass farm for free, you should auto attack him every time he tries to last hit minion with auto attack. If he used his Q to last hit, he is vulnerable for the rest of the CD. Try to do it without taking too much minion damage, of course, it also depend on the match up. Against kass you should spam auto attack, against someone like cass you should spend entire laning phase dodging poison.

The thing is, once kass hit 6 he should outright eat ahri for free, if that kass isn't little bit... err.. slow (dam mod), I would suggest going abyssal first plus another mres item.

2. Try not to use mana to kill minion at 1-5 unless you really have to, once you run out of it you pretty much lose the lane.

3. Try use your Q to harass when your opponent trying to last hit, but outside of your auto attacking range. You can throw one randomly just to keep your opponent on their toe when you have pretty high mana.

4. You should pay attention to your opponent item, kass rushed tears and cd boot (wtf) while you have 2 doran, you should go all out aggressive on him since you have more powerful item . If you see your opponent rush catalyst or gp10, that's them saying "LOL free farm lane".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
tsm got dominated bro
NA are nothing
Well the Euro team couldn't even beat Curse. I dunno, TSM looked really bad. Like really bad. I dunno what's going on with them but they're not together at all. I wasn't exactly wrong though. So far the games at MLG Arena have been way more interesting than the ECC.

scy

@Ahri vs Vlad: It's more-or-less an even lane and comes down to player skill; for that, I'd give the nod to Vlad, personally. Better sustain and easier to play so he has an easier time outplaying. That said, punish him early. Q has a long cooldown (10s base, -1.5s per level) and it's the only way he's scary in low level trades. Farm safely and punish whenever his Q is on cooldown. You're trying to basically force him to leave lane before you.

That said, a good Vlad vs Ahri should know this too. Only using his Q on you and dodging your Q/E rather than getting baited into using pool.

it seems that darius is going to join urgot in the useless champions department.

In my opinion, Darius is already not that great. Playing him in randoms should be an open invitation for jungler to camp him all game since he's easy to gank. In lane, you can just kite off his passive and just trade smarter than him (e.g., don't try to make prolonged trades). He's only scary when he can dunk for its full potential.

He punishes bad decisions, though, and is easy to just pick up and play so he's a terror if you don't play smart vs him.

Well the Euro team couldn't even beat Curse. I dunno, TSM looked really bad. Like really bad. I dunno what's going on with them but they're not together at all. I wasn't exactly wrong though. So far the games at MLG Arena have been way more interesting than the ECC.

Poland was pretty boring but that's also because it was basically two teams crushing everyone else. TSM didn't perform all that well to the hyper aggression of Blaze but it didn't help that they kept dying when they shouldn't have been (Reginald died to an early dive like every game).

I just made a thread about giant enemy crabgot being a bad skin for legendary price.

Lets just say that I have no idea why I thought I bought him as a legendary skin.

this is what happens when I can't play leagues for 2 and a half weeks.

Q8D3vil

thats my thought exactly about darius, he is op for noobs who dont know how to trade and whine when they lose in straight up lvl3 fights. someone in reddit mentioned that his win% is like 48% which is balanced imo.
I just made a thread about giant enemy crabgot being a bad skin for legendary price.

Lets just say that I have no idea why I thought I bought him as a legendary skin.

this is what happens when I can't play leagues for 2 and a half weeks.

battlecast urgot is the only way to play him, shame he is not worth playing shit right now (maybe mid).

They had two subs last night. They beat M5 during qualifiers by default, and since M5's side of the bracket was pretty weak, all they needed to do was to beat Curse.EU. And they got their fluke win.

Each region has a specific strength and weakness. EU has the best mid-laners and the worst AD carries. Leave it at that.

Hero

Sorry but your reaction afterwards wasn't that much justified either so I don't care for your particular comments about labeling immaturity. Just because a person is mouthy or because they act a certain way doesn't make them instantly immature, whether reality may dictate that it is so. I'd like that you keep crappy assumptions about another's overall character and maturity to yourself because by labeling others, you're also labeling yourself.

Regardless, the game's over, far too long for it to be actually relevant to discuss anyway.

In order to avoid further conflict I'm just going to avoid communicating you since your instinctive reaction is to block/ignore someone. I've seen people rage and complain on GAF but I have the decency to discuss and talk rather than instantly block. This way we both don't get banned for same shameless comments.

Haha, I love this. My reaction wasn't justified after putting up with 30 minutes of you being a complete and utter child. How does that not make you immature exactly? You don't have the decency to discuss and talk anything because you couldn't even show that in an UNRANKED game of League of Legends, so stop trying to pretend to be taking the moral high road here. I also enjoy the fact that you've already admitted in other replies how you were at fault and how you raged but you wouldn't even muster up to an apology. So yeah, keep thinking what you want of yourself dude. No sweat off my back.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For Jungle? Yeah. It's crazy how that one patch made everyone go "OMG NUNU!!!!!!" lol.
Look, it's LoLGAF being fucking dumb as usual. It was a major change to Nunu's mana usage. People didn't just wake up one day and decide to play Nunu because he was in the spotlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom