• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh god, I want to see GAF rivalries in inhouse matches

The end result.

ibtltFloqr74jl.gif

Ferga

Just because you saw something work for a pro on a stream doesn't make it good. You are not Aphromoo. The only thing the video you posted even emphasizes is how in a very, very, very specific situation if your enemy makes dozens of mistakes in a row you can pick up kills by blowing multiple summoners and ultimates while they use none when your team has a massive gold advantage.

In the video you posted the reason Ashe lives is because of Janna. The ghost kiting is honestly irrelevant, is over before kills are picked up, and still has to be used in conjunction with Flash just to create any real distance. If Nocturne or Gragas had an ultimate up it would have been over instantaneously. Aphro can't even trade well with Ezreal despite being significantly ahead on items, and the only reason he lives as long as he does is because Chaox misses his W by a mile before Janna stands in the way to block all of the shots.

The reason all of the bad advice that floods this thread bugs me is because lately playing with people from GAF is nightmarish window into incompetence and laziness as our team runs around uncoordinated and clueless. So yeah, don't tell people to run Ghost on Ashe.

Yes i realise I am not Aphromoo and in no way did I say I was anywhere near him.
But I do main ad carry and have invested more than 80% of my 3000+ games played into perfecting my ad carries.

I have found that ghost on ashe works incredibly well through hundreds of games playing ashe.
Here is what I found:

Ashe is an adc who doesn't need offensive summoners because she has 600 range. Sure you can take ignite and use exhaust as offensive summoners but they are not needed because ashe does not synergise well with offensive summoners. She strives off slows, kiting and surviving to maximise her damage output therefore more defensive summoners work better such as heal, cleanse, exhaust and ghost.
Cleanse is a summoner which breaks free of cc. That is true but it doesn't save you from gap closers alone. If a gap closer runs to you and gets a frozen mallet off, you lose a lot of dps because you are avoiding them. Even if you flash, they will catch up to you and continue to zone you out in fights thus making you pretty much useless. This has nothing to do with positioning as a gap closer can simply target you and only you in a fight.

And like you said, we aren't all pro players so we are all prone to mistakes and getting hit by gap closers. Ghost can prevent this by allowing you to attack move while never having them touch you thus you get a free kill by a stupid mistake done by the enemy team's tanky dps or tank.

What annoys me is that you didn't actually analyse the play made by ashe and just analysed the mistakes done by TSM. Ashe flashed and ghosted so nocturne never got the red off and gragas didn't hit the ult. A flash would not have given ashe any kills there alone. Nocturne was almost in range of hitting an auto attack which would of ended ashe as gragas has the body slam off cd. Because of the ghost, ashe could run for a bit, volley back after the noc spellshield went off and continue kiting and then eventually chase for the kills. No way in hell would a flash save her from that situation.

And that fact that you put my tip into some sort of bad archive of bad advice ticks me off since i'm taking time to write tips up from my own experiences with the hundreds of hours I have put into this game. You don't know everything about the game and different things work for different players and I'm here to explain to other people that different play styles work and the meta doesn't revolve around your own beliefs. So please, be a bit more considerate and don't berate other players. Keep the community clean.

Flash is good for gap close or get out of jail free card.

Ghost is good for chasing, kiting and running away.

Both are useful.

I say take whichever one works out the most for you.

This thread is starting to remind me of the HoNGAF salt mines.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yes i realise I am not Aphromoo and in no way did I say I was anywhere near him.
But I do main ad carry and have invested more than 80% of my 3000+ games played into perfecting my ad carries.

I have found that ghost on ashe works incredibly well through hundreds of games playing ashe.
Here is what I found:

Ashe is an adc who doesn't need offensive summoners because she has 600 range.
You need offensive summoners on an AD carry in all situations, unless you are somehow playing a version of the game from months ago. You will just lose to people with them otherwise unless you seriously outskill them. 600 range is in no way impressive, and it will do nothing against the popular set of AD carries right now who all have some built in mobility.

Ashe can chase and kite without Ghost. It's just wasteful and it's not going to save you from a Phage proc, which is a very real and legitimate threat bot lane while Ez and Corki are the predominant carries. Will Ghost work sometimes? Wow, yeah, sure. So will Promote. Just because you can run something doesn't mean you wouldn't be better served with something else. Ashe is already hard countered by Exhaust. It hurts her more than almost any other champion in the game. Taking Ghost just makes you a higher priority target for Exhaust without providing any survivability for it.
Flash is good for gap close or get out of jail free card.

Ghost is good for chasing, kiting and running away.

Both are useful.

I say take whichever one works out the most for you.

This thread is starting to remind me of the HoNGAF salt mines.
This isn't Dominion. Flash is invaluable on almost all champions and the utility provided by being able to jump walls makes it infinitely more useful than Ghost. Unless you're like Olaf or something.

Margalis

Banned
This may be a dick thing to say but whenever I read this thread I see people theory fighting intensely, then when I go the Gaf channel I see the people arguing in this thread are like level 20s or 1100 elo.

I think a lot of people in this thread vastly overestimate how much they know about the game and how good they are.

Edit: Ashe has no escapes, running ghost on characters with no escapes is fairly common. Depending on team comps it's certainly viable. "Always/never do this" type of advice is nearly always bad advice, and also prevents people from trying strategies and play styles that may work for them. The LOL community is already severely retarded by group-think. When I play an AD I consider exhaust, ignite, cleanse and ghost as potential choices.

dimb

This may be a dick thing to say but whenever I read this thread I see people theory fighting intensely, then when I go the Gaf channel I see the people arguing in this thread are like level 20s or 1100 elo.
If you're talking about me I don't play ranked, and you shouldn't really bring ELO in here to start dick measuring against anyone because it won't make you any less wrong. Running Ghost on Ashe is not common. Running Ghost isn't common at all. Let us all marvel at the astounding popularity of Ghost, the most useful spell in the current meta.
o5Sjq.jpg

Running Ghost is fine. There is a time and place for it. Seeing it on a stream or spreading information in the thread about how AD carries should run Ghost is just going to lead to GAF losing more games as they struggle to even come to terms with the basic components of the game.

I think a lot of people in this thread vastly overestimate how much they know about the game and how good they are.

Edit: Ashe has no escapes, running ghost on characters with no escapes is fairly common.

Hmm, can't disagree with that. Compared to the Dota thread it's pretty salty here.

You'd think there'd be more arguing in the Dota thread since it's the more hardcore game but for some reason there's a lot of it in here.

I don't understand why people can't just chill and play the game. Reminds me of that one gaffer who raged on me in a custom game a long time ago because I didn't buy the proper items on Shen (read: proper according to him).

People get so worked up like there's something actually riding on these games.

It's just a game. I think for some reason people end up forgetting that.

dimb

It is a team game and you are wasting other people's time when you go out of your way to not think about the way you are playing.

Boken

Banned

Oh shit, you guys are level 20s.

Or 1000 elo

noobs

PS: APHROMOO RAN GHOST BECAUSE OF NOCTURNE

Hmm, can't disagree with that. Compared to the Dota thread it's pretty salty here.

You'd think there'd be more arguing in the Dota thread since it's the more hardcore game but for some reason there's a lot of it in here.

I don't understand why people can't just chill and play the game. Reminds me of that one gaffer who raged on me in a custom game a long time ago because I didn't buy the proper items on Shen (read: proper according to him).

People get so worked up like there's something actually riding on these games.

I was yelled at in the dota thread for saying this but I noticed the opposite in dota2 mumble

everyone was screaming at each other

then again i have no way to compare to league mumble cause i never go on it during gaf games

dimb

Wait so only 10% run smite? that mean there are bunch of games where there are no jungler?
No, those numbers are specifically from Plat level play. There are 20 Summoner Spells in each game, if there is a 10% chance for Smite to be taken that means it takes up two slots on average among all players.

The weird bauble is extraneous data that is unaccounted for as "Other".

EXGN

Haha, I was in that game! It was (surprise, surprise) 2th. I think he was yelling at you for building Frozen Mallet on Shen. It was an in-house 3v3 on Twisted Treeline.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Coming from dota I always thought summoners are broke and should be used to augment your regular kit. I don't like flash I get it's value but it doesn't jive with how I normally play. I agree ghost is not common but on some characters it perfect especially if you want kiting control. People always go flash own ghost not if you don't have it up. Same goes for good majority of team that come at me hard thinking cleanse doesn't work. Nothing is perfect and there are tons of ways to get at people and get them before they can escape.

If you can win and make it work don't knock it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I was yelled at in the dota thread for saying this but I noticed the opposite in dota2 mumble

everyone was screaming at each other

then again i have no way to compare to league mumble cause i never go on it during gaf games

When GAF is losing game badly, something like this will happen:

gaffer1 "errrr"
gaffer2 "awww"
gaffer1 "they are fed"
gaffer3 "yeah..."
-silent for next 10 minute-
gaffer4 "HELL YEAH! I KILLED ONE OF THEM!"
-gaf nexus destroy right after-
-silent for next 2 minute-
gaffer5 "*sigh* sorry guys I fed"

Unless kayo is in it:

"WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!"
"I DON"T GET IT! WHY!"

What's wrong with mallet? Phage is a core on Shen.

I was in that game, that was back when shen was a true tank instead of tanky dps that he is now. He's passive also scale lower, but included based health instead of bonus health. I was in that game too =p

Ferga

Edit: Ashe has no escapes, running ghost on characters with no escapes is fairly common. Depending on team comps it's certainly viable. "Always/never do this" type of advice is nearly always bad advice, and also prevents people from trying strategies and play styles that may work for them. The LOL community is already severely retarded by group-think. When I play an AD I consider exhaust, ignite, cleanse and ghost as potential choices.

Well i'm level 30 with over 3000+ games played and i do alot of theory crafting in solo queue. Not going to bring elo into this as well

brian!

if kayos could do a perfect beastie boys WHYYYYYYYY like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE#t=1m38s

that would be so swell

gaf games are more like
"hey guys let's just have fun no salt"
*playing...some team is doing better than another team
"hey you picked a champ that is too good"
"why are you try harding"
"I HATE LOSING"

also the silent salt where everyone KNOWS that someone isn't feeling so good, but they just want to stew silently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom