• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Take that however you want.
I don't even do anything particularly outrageous in this thread. I post news. I try to offer advice while stamping out the mountains of bullshit that pile up in here by people who don't know what they are talking about. Most of the things I say are simple things that could be looked up in an instant, instead I have to deal with a bunch of know it all weenies bad mouthing move speed runes on AP mids. Even just a hint of research by looking up any pro's rune pages or a guide will reveal that wow, move speed runes are really popular on a wide variety of AP mids.

How many of you actually have to play with GAF on a regular basis even? It can be extremely aggravating to see the thread shit up with terrible advice and then have to watch people feed hard in lanes where they hard counter the enemy because of the fundamental misunderstandings consistently propagated by the players in this thread who refuse to do research. Think whatever you want, but I am just posting stuff I look up or information from high ELO or pro players that I keep in contact with.

It's fine if people don't know everything, and I won't claim to always know best, but I really just cannot deal with the people who have come to post in this thread when I can offer decent common knowledge and consistently have it thrown in my face while my GAF teams flounder.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yo I don't understand why people complain about the way soda presents his critiques if they already know that's the way he presents it.

Forever hate on it then I guess.

I don't even do anything particularly outrageous in this thread. I post news. I try to offer advice while stamping out the mountains of bullshit that pile up in here by people who don't know what they are talking about. Most of the things I say are simple things that could be looked up in an instant, instead I have to deal with a bunch of know it all weenies bad mouthing move speed runes on AP mids. Even just a hint of research by looking up any pro's rune pages or a guide will reveal that wow, move speed runes are really popular on a wide variety of AP mids.

This type of attitude. It's not that you're right or wrong. It's the mindset that you always think you're right and you make everyone else seem like an imbecile.

scy

How many of you actually have to play with GAF on a regular basis even? It can be extremely aggravating to see the thread shit up with terrible advice and then have to watch people feed hard in lanes where they hard counter the enemy because of the fundamental misunderstandings consistently propagated by the players in this thread who refuse to do research. Think whatever you want, but I am just posting stuff I look up or information from high ELO or pro players that I keep in contact with.

It's fine if people don't know everything, and I won't claim to always know best, but I really just cannot deal with the people who have come to post in this thread when I can offer decent common knowledge and consistently have it thrown in my face while my GAF teams flounder.

It has literally nothing to do with the advice being good or bad. You come off abrasive and hostile.

As for playing with GAF, I haven't yet (outside of Opiate and two others for a few games). I haven't even joined the GAF chat. Based off this thread and the hostility in it, I have no real desire to.

Yo I don't understand why people complain about the way soda presents his critiques if they already know that's the way he presents it.

I'm new to the thread. Sorry for ruining things then.

zkylon

zkylewd
BIKINI RIVEN HMM.
I was wondering when someone was gonna point this out. Didn't want to be the first, tho, I'm not some pervert :D

It has literally nothing to do with the advice being good or bad. You come off abrasive and hostile.

As for playing with GAF, I haven't yet (outside of Opiate and two others for a few games). I haven't even joined the GAF chat. Based off this thread and the hostility in it, I have no real desire to.
The chat is alright.

AcridMeat

Banned
56a3Q.jpg

I really despise this game. They just followed our jungler, stealing buffs/main creeps until the jungler went into the now solo bot lane, then followed them there. Twitch, if the picture wasn't obvious enough.

bjaelke

Currently on a 14 game losing streak. All 14 games as Leona.

Very hard to carry with a support champion. You should try to duo queue with someone and have them play the AD carry. It can really make the difference if you're able to communicate with your lane partner - zoning, ganking, dragon control etc.

Opiate

Very hard to carry with a support champion. You should try to duo queue with someone and have them play the AD carry. It can really make the difference if you're able to communicate with your lane partner - zoning, ganking, dragon control etc.

I don't play summoner's rift these days. My Dom ELO was slightly above 2k before tonight. Will have to build back up again I suppose! Also, 15 in a row now.

Margalis

Banned
Leona is one of the least damaging champs in the game, in some ways she's more of a support than supports like Sona and Soraka in that everything she does for a team is only helpful if the team can take advantage of it.

Opiate

Yeah, the strategic recommendations for SR are not relevant to me, guys. This is a dominion losing streak.

16 in a row now. Im sure I've tumbled at least a couple hundred elo on this. Not sure if there's anything I could do besides 1) stop playing, 2) not play Leona, neither of which I want to do! Breaking the streak by playing Rammus or Kassadin or something would basically be cheating, in my mind.

Q8D3vil

Yeah, the strategic recommendations for SR are not relevant to me, guys. This is a dominion losing streak.

16 in a row now. Im sure I've tumbled at least a couple hundred elo on this. Not sure if there's anything I could do besides 1) stop playing, 2) not play Leona, neither of which I want to do! Breaking the streak by playing Rammus or Kassadin or something would basically be cheating, in my mind.

find a jarvan partner then to do the 5 minute cc combos.

Opiate

Victory.

I could have, of course, broken the streak by simply signing off until tomorrow (Which often jumbles the online players around, which matters when you're at 2k elo and you face the same people pretty consistently), or by playing Kassadin, or Rammus, or Ezreal.

But there are a couple of reasons I did not. First, it would feel sort of like "cheating" to break a losing streak by simply picking an OP champion -- in the same way that it's much less satisfying to break a bad streak by having the enemy team suffer 2 afks. Second, I'm quite aware that as a support player who is generally doing my job (not saying I'm perfect by any means), these sorts of games are near coin flips, and I'm almost appalled, enthralled to see how many times it can come up tails in a row. The answer, this time, was 16.

Ferga

This reasoning can be also applied towards you.

When I had my "discussion" on Ashe with flash ghost with soda, I didn't make it out like I was better than anyone. I was simply informing others of what I found while playing and experimenting with the game. I also did inform others not to try in solo queue as it was a summoner spell that is aimed to late game team fights as solo queue tends to have more aggressive plays in laning where other summoners will benefit you more.

I don't think I came off as ignorant or as a boaster. I was giving my own opinions that I found out after my 1000+ games of AD carries and experimentation with itemisation and summoner spell combinations at a decent elo range. I was insulted and called an idiot who didn't know what I was talking about. I don't take kindly to that behaviour.

It's the best advice I've ever heard. Whether or not you're right or wrong is irrelevant. It's just the way you present it.

Take that however you want.

And it is exactly this.

Boken

Banned
Trundle is the hardest Yorick counter

Chogath! Everybody forgetting poor Cho. Cho is a better laner, has more game presence and has better skins. Flawless victory.

You guys have been behaving pretty weirdly. The only person that does helpful jackass well is meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

although I think chloe is annoyed at me

Don't worry, I look after the GAF chat. It's cool when I'm there!

garath

Played a few Diana games last night. She's FUN. I love her kit.

No one would let me jungle so I played her mid. I stomped AP trist and Gragas and got stomped by Talon. I feel like if I played her better I could have survived the Talon lane a little better though. I traded better initially but he was bursting me down hard even with a chain vest around lvl 7-8 after he got his brutalizer.

I tried a few different rune pages. Not terrible surprisingly my favorite was my AP movespeed - Movespeed quints, magic pen marks, armor yellows, MR blues. I traded well and the movespeed helped quite a bit for gap closing to land a Q->R as well as running away.

My least favorite for the lane was AP quints, attack speed marks, armor yellows, MR blues. I didn't feel like she took advantage of the attack speed at all for laning.

Items I got the most out of were Rabadon's of course, Abyssal (really liked this item on her), Void staff. I picked up hextech revolver but I can't say I was feeling the spell vamp too much. She's pretty mana hungry early if you spam her spells so I wasn't getting a lot out of it. Rylai's was good but despite how tanky I built (even got a frozen heart one game) I still felt squishy as hell. I had the most success as a glass cannon assassin. Get in, secure the kill and run away.

I definitely want to jungle her. I was cs'ing really well by clearing jungle camps in between waves. She clears fast.

edit: Oh and I caved and finally bought the 7 page rune bundle. It killed me to spend $20 on it but I've been playing a lot of draft and I was struggling with 3. Now I need a boat load of IP to get some more runes I don't have. doh.

scy

Victory.

I could have, of course, broken the streak by simply signing off until tomorrow (Which often jumbles the online players around, which matters when you're at 2k elo and you face the same people pretty consistently), or by playing Kassadin, or Rammus, or Ezreal.

But there are a couple of reasons I did not. First, it would feel sort of like "cheating" to break a losing streak by simply picking an OP champion -- in the same way that it's much less satisfying to break a bad streak by having the enemy team suffer 2 afks. Second, I'm quite aware that as a support player who is generally doing my job (not saying I'm perfect by any means), these sorts of games are near coin flips, and I'm almost appalled, enthralled to see how many times it can come up tails in a row. The answer, this time, was 16.

I think we're somehow magically just bad as Leona/Diana. It didn't help there were the rage premade games for a bit that just kind of ruined the evening for me. While I do agree with sticking to things, I probably should've just swapped to Jayce or something. We had a lot of bad team comps (AD NID) or just setups where it'd have been better if I took the poke role. And then just bad games / getting outplayed. Awful night. Awful.

Back to 1800 elo I guess :|

EXGN

I guess he figured he could tell Scarra himself instead of telling Dignitas first.

(I think the only time I ever watched Scarra play Kat he got crushed by a Twisted Fate, so I'm not very learned in the ways of Scarra)

Sounds about right. Kat seems like an awful character to pick against someone with a stun on a three second cooldown.

scy

I'm sorry. Are you playing as support?

EDIT: Saw it was dominion. I wouldn't think she's good in DOM.

Tanky stunbot support, probably one of the best in a 3-1 DPS/support top lane push, though it requires a team to engage (and disengage) properly. Her only real flaw vs Alistar/Blitz support is she doesn't ever get good damage out of her while those two can. That and it is far more obvious to a random team when to focus something with Alistar/Blitz as opposed to Leona.

Amumu is another good option, though fewer stuns but easier to land (run in, press R, collect assists).

Sounds about right. Kat seems like an awful character to pick against someone with a stun on a three second cooldown.

To be fair, he was counter picked I believe. It's not a great match up, especially lower levels where TF can get an early all-in kill fairly easily while Kat is still in the bad parts of her laning phase. Plus his zoning range is tremendous.

Blizzard

Banned
This type of attitude. It's not that you're right or wrong. It's the mindset that you always think you're right and you make everyone else seem like an imbecile.
I don't think I came off as ignorant or as a boaster. I was giving my own opinions that I found out after my 1000+ games of AD carries and experimentation with itemisation and summoner spell combinations at a decent elo range. I was insulted and called an idiot who didn't know what I was talking about. I don't take kindly to that behaviour.

And it is exactly this.
This is pretty precisely my objection to soda cop/Dance In My Blood's posts. When he is being more polite in suggestions I have no problem with it. I've tried to explain this in the past, and I figure it's best to let it go and not dwell on it if it's not going to change, so as not to derail the thread further.

Ez is pretty different from Ashe and TF. Except for the global, Ez is much more skill shot based (all his moves are more or less skill shots).

However he's very fun to play.

Considering the current way they have you control alternate units (Alt + Click), I would have to say no. The engine cannot support it/would require a significant rework in order to support it.

Also they hate multi-unit trickery, just see all the stupid tethering on every fucking summon.
I think the engine would support it on the same level of Tibbers or Shaco, since that already works. And they added pressing R again to move those, so you don't have to alt-right-click anymore (though this tends to confuse the crap out of me since I start to panic thinking my ult didn't go off).

But I agree with kayos90 that it doesn't make sense with their overall design philosophy, so they probably won't.

Yep. I didn't catch the stream early enough to see whether Kat or TF was picked first. I seem to recall that I used to like laning as Kat against TF, but once I started finding more average/decent TF players, they would beat me because TF farms so well and they can get the gold card quickly enough to cancel the ult.

XeroSauce

You are so full of it, it's quite hilarious. You are never willing to heed someone elses advice even when they have experience with the situation (Ferrio and Fiora Tiamats, Ferga and Ghost Ashe), instead bashing that person directly like some sort of child. You do this to Blizzard all the time too, and he doesn't deserve it, at least he tries to change his mind on things when he is not correct.

And then people follow you mindlessly because of the way you present yourself, as if you are the one who knows everything.

That's why I don't even bother trying to discuss things when you show up in an argument, because you just drive everything anyone else says, into the ground.

It's usually empty. LOL

When I'm on it's not empty, it's just that no one really talks until someone brings up a ARAM lobby or some streamed game, lol.

Playing on a smurf with my friend..he tells me he's going to buy a level 30 account with 70 champions on it, and he's around level 7. >> No amount of reasoning is getting through to him.

EDIT: And kayos isn't nearly as bad as Dance, kayos is just the one that gets into direct arguments first so it seems that way. Y'all need to shape up a bit.

Inskipp

You are never willing to heed someone elses advice even when they have experience with the situation (Ferrio and Fiora Tiamats, Ferga and Ghost Ashe)
Given the examples you've given, I'm not sure how those can be considered advice. The sound more like someones personal preference.

dimb

When I had my "discussion" on Ashe with flash ghost with soda, I didn't make it out like I was better than anyone...I was insulted and called an idiot who didn't know what I was talking about. I don't take kindly to that behaviour.
I didn't insult you or call you an "idiot" at any point in time. I'm sorry if this is the impression I left in any way, but the victim complex is getting pretty tired from multiple parties.
Based off this thread and the hostility in it, I have no real desire to.
And I'm getting the same vibe from you, so I don't know what to say. I don't really care, but it's wrong to paint the GAF community with the same brush. I thought I was clear about why I dislike poor advice in the thread: I'm the one who has to play with GAFfers. It becomes me and not you who has to deal with someone running Ghost on Ashe and losing the entire game for us because one single Exhaust not only shuts down their damage but all of their mobility.

Really I wish people would just not make a huge deal out of every little thing I say. If I disagree with you who cares? On some level I am trying to create discussion. I encourage you to try and not blow everything up and just try playing with GAF, because it really is a pretty low key play environment for the most part. There are people from LoLGAF I owe an apology to, and I assure you that the two of you and Summons are not in that group.
Hey guys give me attention please
Hi. I'm going to keep taking red buff from you, is that the attention you want?

Boken

Banned
I dont think theyre saying youre wrong

or that the advice is good

or that you dont have to deal with badgaf

just that youre a bit of an asshole when you complain

just to make things easier for everybody, the only people you should listen to:
boken

scy

And I'm getting the same vibe from you, so I don't know what to say.

In which case, I apologize. I try to be relatively laid back about things rather than offensive. Raging and lashing out at people isn't how I like to do things.

I don't really care, but it's wrong to paint the GAF community with the same brush.

Yeah, it was a pretty bad statement to make. No reason to assume the worst of the community as a whole because of anything.

And, to be fair, my biggest thing from keeping me from playing more with GAF is I don't want to be a detriment. I hate playing poorly and doing things wrong, especially if it's with a group I'm a part of. Kind of a perfectionist, I suppose.

I thought I was clear about why I dislike poor advice in the thread: I'm the one who has to play with GAFfers.

And perhaps I'd feel differently if I did. I know for certain I'm tired of some of the people I've met in random games that I queue up with because they're stuck doing bad builds or playing poorly and its hurt my record (part of Opiate's losing streak last night was stuck queuing with a bad premade last night / some poor games by me, my SR record went from ~70-10 to ~80-40 due to bad premades) and it sucks. I get it.

Really I wish people would just not make a huge deal out of every little thing I say. If I disagree with you who cares? On some level I am trying to create discussion. I encourage you to try and not blow everything up and just try playing with GAF, because it really is a pretty low key play environment for the most part.

Again, it has little to do with disagreeing. I'm all about discussion. It is about how you do your disagreeing. But, yes, I'll drop it until I actually play with you.

XeroSauce

Played a few Diana games last night. She's FUN. I love her kit.

No one would let me jungle so I played her mid. I stomped AP trist and Gragas and got stomped by Talon. I feel like if I played her better I could have survived the Talon lane a little better though. I traded better initially but he was bursting me down hard even with a chain vest around lvl 7-8 after he got his brutalizer.

I tried a few different rune pages. Not terrible surprisingly my favorite was my AP movespeed - Movespeed quints, magic pen marks, armor yellows, MR blues. I traded well and the movespeed helped quite a bit for gap closing to land a Q->R as well as running away.

My least favorite for the lane was AP quints, attack speed marks, armor yellows, MR blues. I didn't feel like she took advantage of the attack speed at all for laning.

Items I got the most out of were Rabadon's of course, Abyssal (really liked this item on her), Void staff. I picked up hextech revolver but I can't say I was feeling the spell vamp too much. She's pretty mana hungry early if you spam her spells so I wasn't getting a lot out of it. Rylai's was good but despite how tanky I built (even got a frozen heart one game) I still felt squishy as hell. I had the most success as a glass cannon assassin. Get in, secure the kill and run away.

I definitely want to jungle her. I was cs'ing really well by clearing jungle camps in between waves. She clears fast.

edit: Oh and I caved and finally bought the 7 page rune bundle. It killed me to spend $20 on it but I've been playing a lot of draft and I was struggling with 3. Now I need a boat load of IP to get some more runes I don't have. doh.

You'll want another one in a month or two, heh. Rune pages are addicting in a weird way for me.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
You'll want another one in a month or two, heh. Rune pages are addicting in a weird way for me.

I always want to get the rune page pack, but I never had the ip to buy the damn runes to justify it. How can I save for rune when there's a new champ every 2 weeks.

My akali page doesn't have enough rune to tigger both passive, manaless mid have mana regen and armor, ad page have cd reduction. If only there's a way to buy runes with rp.

scy

I always want to get the rune page pack, but I never had the ip to buy the damn runes to justify it. How can I save for rune when there's a new champ every 2 weeks.

My akali page doesn't have enough rune to tigger both passive, manaless mid have mana regen and armor, ad page have cd reduction. If only there's a way to buy runes with rp.

I'm getting close to being able to use all of my rune pages somehow. And then I can spend all my IP ever on champs! :|

mercviper

haha yeah my rune pages are pretty generic too.

I need to replace my AP/lvl glyphs on my mid page with flat MR ones, or maybe my scaling MR since I already have them. And I need better marks than Magic Pen on my support page.

Is that rune combiner thing still in the game? maybe I can roll the dice and convert some of my useless CDR runes to something I need...

dimb

haha yeah my rune pages are pretty generic too.

I need to replace my AP/lvl glyphs on my mid page with flat MR ones, or maybe my scaling MR since I already have them. And I need better marks than Magic Pen on my support page.

Is that rune combiner thing still in the game? maybe I can roll the dice and convert some of my useless CDR runes to something I need...
The rune combiner still exists. CDR runes have their uses on supports and certain champions like Sejuani though.

mercviper

The rune combiner still exists. CDR runes have their uses on supports and certain champions like Sejuani though.

They do, but I've tossed them in favor of Magic Resist since I buy CDR boots early and rush a shurelia's to get near 40% w/o them as support. Also, need to replace my armor yellows with GP5 and either my marks or glyphs with armor (probably marks) so I can get even more goldzz.

Ferrio

Banned
So tried jungling Diana by rushing deathcap No good games really, most of it on my teammates just totally failing. All lanes losing badly, pushed to turrets etc. I had one game that their jungle diana started with 13 pots.... with no items other than pots she wracked up 3 kills off the lanes. Which she did then pick up deathcap, which if she was geting kills with no items before.. you can imagine how bad it was now. Another game had all my teammates with 10+ deaths. I was sitting around 3/1/8 or something.

Trying to think of a good item to get before rab. I'm not to keen on spellvamp for her, lichbane early is just as expensive, rylais i don't need that much hp early... hrm.

scy

I had one game that their jungle diana started with 13 pots.... with no items other than pots she wracked up 3 kills off the lanes. Which she did then pick up deathcap, which if she was geting kills with no items before.. you can imagine how bad it was now.

13 pots ... why even buy anything.

Trying to think of a good item to get before rab. I'm not to keen on spellvamp for her, lichbane early is just as expensive, rylais i don't need that much hp early... hrm.

Kage's just for the GP5?

Edit: Rather, GP5 in general early. Unless you meant something bigger for an early finished item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom