• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsayFever

wait. were you disagreeing with me? I'm so confused now. I'm telling them not to use MS quints because there better quints to use.

EDIT: Oh you added the quote in. Didn't see that. Nvm. We disagree. Again.

MS quints are perfectly viable on a few ap mids....

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah. I exaggerated. On certain champs they are good. Majority of them being Sustain Damage AP rather than Burst Rotation AP.
Viktor is a burst mage and MS quints are good on him. Veigar is a burst mage and MS quints are good on him. Annie is a burst mage and MS quints are good on her.

Ken

Yeah. I exaggerated. On certain champs they are good. Majority of them being Sustain Damage AP rather than Burst Rotation AP.

Wait, Why? Did I miss the joke?

There is no joke. I'm just bored and need to spend RP.

ariotemployeehasaguntomyheadhalp

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Viktor is a burst mage and MS quints are good on him. Veigar is a burst mage and MS quints are good on him. Annie is a burst mage and MS quints are good on her.

I don't remember saying they were bad. If I did, I'm definitely wrong. Like I said, I was exaggerating. MS quints are good but my point was that on AP mids, there are better alternatives to MS quints. This isn't the case for all AP mids, but for many.

scy

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite: Movespeed Quints are the best choice except for a few. Anything that sustains well, is aggressive, or needs to get into range for a gap close/stun initiate wants the bonus movement. It's also just nice to have for pursuit or for fleeing.

kayos90

How is that relevant to the subject at hand?

Well he mentioned Scarra so I talked about Scarra.

As for the Quints discussion, nothing. I felt like the discussion was going nowhere for me so I finished contributing my thoughts. T_T

Blizzard

Banned
How is that relevant to the subject at hand?
I guess he figured he could tell Scarra himself instead of telling Dignitas first.

(I think the only time I ever watched Scarra play Kat he got crushed by a Twisted Fate, so I'm not very learned in the ways of Scarra)

kayos90

I guess he figured he could tell Scarra himself instead of telling Dignitas first.

(I think the only time I ever watched Scarra play Kat he got crushed by a Twisted Fate, so I'm not very learned in the ways of Scarra)

Nah. I would never talk to Scarra even if I had the chance. It'd feel awkward because I sort of don't like talking to a friend of a friend sort of.

Is your strategy to build heavy AP on Diana? I tried with bots, and unless I built a ton of tanky items (I already had MR and armor runes), most every time I would gank a lane, a bot would do 400-500+ damage to me nearly immediately. And I think that was even with the shield. o_O I literally do not have an explanation as to why she was taking so much damage since I haven't tried her in PVP.

I feel like tanky AP items (rylais, abyssal, hourglass...not sure about rod of ages) would be nice on her since she has to jump to melee range, but those seem super expensive without producing much AP -- maybe 200-300 total. Does anyone rush deathcap with her? What about void staff? How about attack speed so her passive has a chance of going off? How about lifesteal/spellvamp? I felt like as a jungler having some sort of sustain or heal would be helpful.

IMO abyssal deathcap hourglass are items to have on her. She already gains 20% attack speed from passive and its just a waste to build AS purely for the benefit of the passive and nothing else. If you're jungling her you can make do with philo stone for sustain, but i think mid is a more powerful position for her.

scy

Scarra lives in the same city as me :|

I wouldn't be surprised if I've met him before and didn't know it.

I was going to suggest to you on watching him for it. He's one of the best AP Mids and talks out what he does really well. Then I remembered you made this comment about a game of his so I figured you already were watching his stream :x

Scarra is widely regarded as the best Kat NA, its very unusual to hear of him being beaten by a TF :)

kayos90

Scarra lives in the same city as me :|

I wouldn't be surprised if I've met him before and didn't know it.

I was going to suggest to you on watching him for it. He's one of the best AP Mids and talks out what he does really well. Then I remembered you made this comment about a game of his so I figured you already were watching his stream :x

I mean He goes to A&M so.... yeah. Anyway, he plays a bit with our school's LoL team and our team is the second best right now in the ivy league so it helps. Plus it also helps that my friend has been also a good friend with Scarra since HS. Or was it before... I forget.

Somax

Since I discovered that the last version of Lolreplay allows spectator mode games recording, me and my buddies are becoming worse than the huge mass of italian tv programs about football that plague every regional channel for 3-4 days after a match, with highlights, discussions and idle rants.

brian!

i dont want to meet professional video gamers

wait no itd be funny to hang out with nyjacky and fun to hang out with dan dinh, nhat, or elementz probably. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY LIKE, THIS IS CREEPY

scy

I mean He goes to A&M so.... yeah. Anyway, he plays a bit with our school's LoL team and our team is the second best right now in the ivy league so it helps. Plus it also helps that my friend has been also a good friend with Scarra since HS. Or was it before... I forget.

Wait, you're in CS too? I'm confused.

Samyy

As someone who "mains" ad carrys, playing graves always feels a bit like cheating.
9O7ap.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

wait no itd be funny to hang out with nyjacky and fun to hang out with dan dinh, nhat, or elementz probably. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE ACTUALLY LIKE, THIS IS CREEPY

Most of the sc2 pros I've met were actually pretty nice. Provided that they didn't have a match to prepare for.

Snowman

Been saving IP for cool expensive champion, thinking Ezreal as I like playing ashe and TF atm and he seems similar? Any other suggestions? :p

LCGeek

formerly sane
As someone who "mains" ad carrys, playing graves always feels a bit like cheating.
9O7ap.png

Because since other ad have been nerfed he is easily the best imo next to corki or ez. I may whore vayne but make no mistake if you want wins consistently just go graves and don't feed or get cocky the game is yours eventually.

brian most pro gamers at least the ones I met in various fps, rts, and fighting communities have been pretty cool.

brian!

oh i wasnt saying that they were cool or not cool, just that I probably don't want to immerse myself in the game to that extent

like the concept of celebrity gamers kind of weirds me out sometimes

I was at MLG Anaheim for like 15 minutes when Scarra walked up and sat right next to where I was standing. 20 minutes later Jiji walked up and started talking to Scarra. After a couple hours it was just normal to turn around and see a pro standing right next to you.

I don't really have anything to say to any of them so I didn't, but if you wanted to talk about quints then just go to an event and you'll have thousands of opportunities.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Been saving IP for cool expensive champion, thinking Ezreal as I like playing ashe and TF atm and he seems similar? Any other suggestions? :p
Ezreal is both fun and one of the strongest AD carries at the moment. I would highly recommend purchasing him.

kayos90

Been awhile GAF. I actually started playing LoL as well.

Poppy esta melhor! :D

Few tips if you're a beginner.

1.) Learn the meta
2.) Watch good streams often. Emphasis on GOOD
3.) Never, ever listen to me and Dance in the Blood after finishing this list. EVER.
4.) Watch LoL tourneys with GAF
5.) Proceed to GAFK in the lobby.

Have fun!

Blizzard

Banned
There are two turret champions now...does anyone think Riot will ever make a champion with a non-ult controllable pet? Or would that be too much like DOTA and thus deemed too confusing?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?
It's decent advice. Both of you are too angry; it'll stress beginners out. :p

kayos90

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?

Uhh... nothing? I'm giving him advice that will lead away from trouble and possibly taking bad advice cuz not everything that comes out of your mouth, or in this case post, is gospel - which you essentially present it as.

There are two turret champions now...does anyone think Riot will ever make a champion with a non-ult controllable pet? Or would that be too much like DOTA and thus deemed too confusing?

It's decent advice. Both of you are too angry; it'll stress beginners out. :p

I don't think macromanagement in conjunction with micro is something of a philosophy for LoL to the developers. I don't think it would work with the premise and design philosophy of the already well-realized game. So, short answer: no.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ez is pretty different from Ashe and TF. Except for the global, Ez is much more skill shot based (all his moves are more or less skill shots).

However he's very fun to play.
Considering the current way they have you control alternate units (Alt + Click), I would have to say no. The engine cannot support it/would require a significant rework in order to support it.

Also they hate multi-unit trickery, just see all the stupid tethering on every fucking summon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom