• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Kage's just for the GP5?

Thought about it. I hate buying a gp5 without building it into something, and it stalls her early game.. which she really needs. Then deathgrasp only good thing it builds into... which is okay... but not to keen on. Rab still might be the correct choice.... trouble is can I get it before my team feeds.

Went mid with her one game... didn't do too badly that one. Was vs a Zyra.

mercviper

you don't have to rush the DFG, you can get the Kage's first, and then a blasting wand for deathcap for your early game, +doran's rings if you still think you need more help early, finish the deathcap and then finish the DFG to make the most of your GP5

Ferrio

Banned
you don't have to rush the DFG, you can get the Kage's first, and then a blasting wand for deathcap for your early game, +doran's rings if you still think you need more help early, finish the deathcap and then finish the DFG to make the most of your GP5

But that stalls her out even more which is my whole point of not wanting to go Rab early. Kage is putting your faith into late game.

garath

So tried jungling Diana by rushing deathcap No good games really, most of it on my teammates just totally failing. All lanes losing badly, pushed to turrets etc. I had one game that their jungle diana started with 13 pots.... with no items other than pots she wracked up 3 kills off the lanes. Which she did then pick up deathcap, which if she was geting kills with no items before.. you can imagine how bad it was now. Another game had all my teammates with 10+ deaths. I was sitting around 3/1/8 or something.

Trying to think of a good item to get before rab. I'm not to keen on spellvamp for her, lichbane early is just as expensive, rylais i don't need that much hp early... hrm.

Mejai's. :p

I'm almost not kidding. My first 2 games I started out strong with 5-7 kills before my first death.

But I like a couple Doran's rings too. My first game I started 1 ring, sorc shoes into deathcap.

Ferrio

Banned
Mejai's. :p

I'm almost not kidding. My first 2 games I started out strong with 5-7 kills before my first death.

But I like a couple Doran's rings too. My first game I started 1 ring, sorc shoes into deathcap.

That's what I've been doing. junglecrap, boots, ring, Sorc, deathcap.

garath

Is the 3900RP digital collector's pack a good deal? Also, I'm having a ton of fun doing support with Sona.

I bought one of the champion packs and I don't regret it. It's basically a bunch of the early champs - Ashe, Karthus, Kassadin, Katarina, Jax, Nunu, etc, etc. The bottom line is you get a good chunk of champions to fill each role if you need. It's a good start to the game if you know you're going to stick it out.

The digital collectors is nice because it gives you rp back if I recall correctly. It's basically a store credit for purchasing it. But by the time I was going to buy it I already had a bunch of champions. I bought the pack that I didn't own any champions for.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
everyone offering opiate support advice is killing me

What's a dominion? Are you perhaps referring to the Terran dominion?

Finally played against a good Diana.

So OP.

0BO9Q.png

Is the 3900RP digital collector's pack a good deal? Also, I'm having a ton of fun doing support with Sona.

Not recommended considering the IP prices on most of the champs in the bundle are low so you can get them all fairly easily as you level up. A couple matches with one character will get you a 450 champ easily and the free weeks provide you plenty opportunity to try all the champs out. You really don't need to own a ton of champs until you start playing ranked. In ranked you want to be able to have more champs to match up a better counter whenever you can and to make a better team comp. It matters in non-ranked too but non-ranked is more for learning the ropes, and practicing I would say.

However the one good thing about it is, if you stick to the champs in the bundle you will have plenty of IP to buy a bunch of runes by the time you hit level 30

Q8D3vil

hopefully they dont nerf her, she seems to be almost vladimir good (without the godly escape).
her weakness is that she lack true cc(beside her e which is mediocre) and can be easily stopped by stun/snare/silence.

im feeling rich and i want to buy some legendary skin, i wanted battlecast chogath but i dont like playing him since his lategame is kinda bad compared to other bruisers. so i think its between galio and vladimir.

hopefully they dont nerf her, she seems to be almost vladimir good (without the godly escape).
her weakness is that she lack true cc(beside her e which is mediocre) and can be easily stopped by stun/snare/silence.

im feeling rich and i want to buy some legendary skin, i wanted battlecast chogath but i dont like playing him since his lategame is kinda bad compared to other bruisers. so i think its between galio and vladimir.

Just wait till they release the Sejuani Legendary. People love playing her, so it's just a matter of time till Riot releases the skin.

garath

She has no escapes. Like Ferrio says, once you go in, you're in. Hopefully that keeps the nerf stick away from her. I really enjoy playing her. High risk, high reward.

It won't keep the complaints down, I imagine ...

Almost every decent new release gets complained about. But it's only the realistic complaints that get nerfed. Look at Darius. He's still hanging in there despite the forums shedding bitter tears.

garath

Same for Akali's R, plus if you R twice in a fight it might be on cooldown for 15 seconds.

Yes. Exactly. I wouldn't classify her ult as an escape either. Situationally you might get out of a jam, but it's not an escape. Akali has her W for an escape.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Her ult requires vision and only works on opponents. That's like calling Irelia's Q an escape.

Will it help you get away from the fight and possibly escape? Yes. Is it reliable all the time? No. Regardless of the crappiness of the type of escape, an escape is an escape.

I'm pretty sure she'll get the nerf bat, her early game is too effecient, a jungle that can build gp10 and still be effective makes her itemize to well. She doesn't need the nerf, it's her economy that needs the nerf.

Ferrio

Banned
Will it help you get away from the fight and possibly escape? Yes. Is it reliable all the time? No. Regardless of the crappiness of the type of escape, an escape is an escape.

It's not an escape. Ya maybe once in a blue moon you might be able to use it to escape, but that doesn't mean it's an escape.

kayos90

I'm pretty sure she'll get the nerf bat, her early game is too effecient, a jungle that can build gp10 and still be effective makes her itemize to well.

She can build Philo, HoG, and Kage's are awesome and Diana. Hilariously so, cuz she still does damage and survives in fights.

It's not an escape. Ya maybe once in a blue moon you might be able to use it to escape, but that doesn't mean it's an escape.

It's an escape. Just not a reliable one.

Plus she can use it to leap across the jungle. I'd say it's an escape.

garath

I guess that depends on the definition. Darius's ult closes a gap.. range around 500 iirc. Would that be an escape? It's crappy but it still moves him over a distance.

edit:

Here let me clarify. If an ability is used to close the gap to an opponent, I'd call it an initiator, not an escape - Irelia's Q, Akali's R, Darius's R, Diana's R, etc.

If the ability can be used without vision (i.e. Lee's Q) or to a friendly object (i.e. Lee's W, Jax's jump, etc) then that's an escape. If the ability causes an opponent to lose vision or otherwise disengage from you (Vayne's ult tumble, Akali's shroud, Twitch's whatever the heck makes him invis, etc) then that's an escape as well.

kayos90

I guess that depends on the definition. Darius's ult closes a gap.. range around 500 iirc. Would that be an escape? It's crappy but it still moves him over a distance.

Darius' ult has lag time and doesn't allow some sort of enhanced movement actively used for escaping in ANY situation. That's not an escape.

Ferrio

Banned
She can build Philo, HoG, and Kage's are awesome and Diana. Hilariously so, cuz she still does damage and survives in fights.

It's an escape. Just not a reliable one.

So unreliable you can't label it as such.

Plus she can use it to leap across the jungle. I'd say it's an escape.

Only if she has vision on a creep.

kayos90

So unreliable you can't label it as such.

I have used a combination of Q and R to run away and escape. It's more reliable than you think. If you want to be able to exist a fight immediately, then hardly any champions have an escape. She has good movement and a kit/flexibility that allows her to escape.

scy

Uh... she has a escape. It's her ult.

Well, it depends on how we want to define it, I suppose. You can use it to get away in the jungle but over extended in lane it won't work. Can it be used as one? Sure. But I'd still consider her Flash reliant for her escape in any overextended situation.

Scy and Opiate are in my elo now? Time to log back in again! <3

That said, I couldn't take a 16 game losing streak. I get frustrated at 5.

Eh, I think we're both still around 1900 truth be told. Dunno. Mine will forever say N/A on lolmatches, I think!

garath

Darius' ult has lag time and doesn't allow some sort of enhanced movement actively used for escaping in ANY situation. That's not an escape.

Diana's R doesn't allow some sort of enhanced movement actively used for escaping in ANY situation either. It's very situational.

kayos90

Diana's R doesn't allow some sort of enhanced movement actively used for escaping in ANY situation either. It's very situational.

Youre two sentences contradict each other. Her movements are enhanced in that she has the ability to get away from opponents using her ult.

My points anyway stands that her ult is an escape. It sure is situational and not reliable all the time but it is an escape. Just because it doesn't work all the time denies it from being an escape.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay let's stop arguing over semantics.

Let's say it's an excape, but it's unreliable, maybe even extremely so. So you can't rely on it, so what the fuck difference does it make.

garath

Youre two sentences contradict each other. Her movements are enhanced in that she has the ability to get away from opponents using her ult.

My points anyway stands that her ult is an escape. It sure is situational and not reliable all the time but it is an escape. Just because it doesn't work all the time denies it from being an escape.

Agree to disagree then.. We'll see how Riot classifies it but I seem to recall them mentioning no escapes for her.

Here's how I define them:

If an ability is used to close the gap to an opponent, I'd call it an initiator, not an escape - Irelia's Q, Akali's R, Darius's R, Diana's R, etc.

If the ability can be used without vision (i.e. Lee's Q) or to a friendly object (i.e. Lee's W, Jax's jump, etc) then that's an escape. If the ability causes an opponent to lose vision or otherwise disengage from you (Vayne's ult tumble, Akali's shroud, Twitch's whatever the heck makes him invis, etc) then that's an escape as well.

I'll further elaborate that snares or anything else that stops movement of your opponent would be considered an escape.

Despite the fact that initiators can be used to escape they would not be called an escape when talking about that champion's kit.

kayos90

Okay let's stop arguing over semantics.

Let's say it's an excape, but it's unreliable, maybe even extremely so. So you can't rely on it, so what the fuck difference does it make.

My point was that it was an escape and you guys hadn't labeled it otherwise.

scy

if you want an easy escape, get flash, moonfall + flash is an amazing escape.

That is basically her best way to escape. Slow into Flash and then head somewhere where you can QR some extra distance via the jungle.

My point was that it was an escape and you guys hadn't labeled it otherwise.

To be fair, when I think of an escape like that, I think of Jax's leap or Ahri's dash. Something that can be used on a friendly target to create distance or can be used freely. Not so much gap closers that can be used to escape given a hostile target in your retreating direction. It can be used as one but she's still sitting on Flash for most situations to get out.

kayos90

I still don't think it is, but I just want people to stop arguing over stupid shit.

How is it stupid? It's a legitimate argument. You guys are constricted by this confined and restricted form of what an "escape" is that you guys only see it as an initiate.

scy

How is it stupid? It's a legitimate argument. You guys are constricted by this confined and restricted form of what an "escape" is that you guys only see it as an initiate.

Erm, I think everyone realizes you can potentially use it to escape. Nobody disagrees with that.

Ferrio

Banned

It's not legitimate, it's a stupid argument about semantics. Yes a skill can be used to escape once in a blue moon, now we're just trying to draw the line if that's an escape or not. Naming something because a very very small chance of doing something is retarded.

kayos90

It's not legitimate, it's a stupid argument about semantics. Yes a skill can be used to escape once in a blue moon, now we're just trying to draw the line if that's an escape or not. Naming something because a chance of doing something, albeit small is retarded.

How many escapes does Lee Sin have?

garath

Ok. It's an escape.. You're in a teamfight in front of dragon and have very little health. Get away with it. Describe this escape to me.

I can describe that escape every time with Lee, Ahri, Akali, Jax, you know, anyone with an escape that doesn't require closing the gap to something that can hurt you.

kayos90

Ok. It's an escape.. You're in a teamfight in front of dragon and have very little health. Get away with it. Describe this escape to me.

Run away, ult to a nearby jungle camp?

Essentially you're saying that because it has a condition, it's not considered an escape. Am I understanding you correctly?

Ferrio

Banned
How many escapes does Lee Sin have?

So you're trying to compare it to Lee eh?

Okay so his Q is the best comparison.

1. It doesn't require vision.
2. It has a longer range.

Diana has two have 2 skills ready to do what his Q does, and it has shorter range. Even then his Q is situational, that I wouldn't label as one. His W I'd say is an escape.

Run away, ult to a nearby jungle camp?

So her escape is to run away. Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom