• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Well, that is disappointing. But hey a new mobile bruiser is coming Tuesday!

Wait a minute. . .
*trollface*

However, I'm still preserving hope that Riven won't be nerfed anymore (considering how fast they buffed her after she came out), and she will still at least be viable top.

I'm still curious to see what technical feature they needed for the new champion to work.

Blizzard

Banned
Bet ya anything they couldn't figure out how to get a champion on a mount. I expect more mounted champions coming soon...

P.S. 43 GAFfers in the GAF room! woot!

And yet we couldn't get an inhouse game going. We HAD a full inhouse game, AND two spectators, and someone didn't have 14 champions since the maker didn't make blind pick. Then when we remade, we magically only had 8 people (instead of the 12 who were there before), and apparently the people who decided not to play didn't inform the rest of us the second time. Communication failure. ;(

In other news, the Riven nerf announcement cursed me. I lost 2/3 of my Riven games today. I had good ratios and was near the top of the team in stats, but I feel like Riven isn't very good at initiating so I probably made bad decisions. It's tough if the team doesn't have a tank and I'm not sure of the best approach to take there.

XeroSauce

The only good thing that will come out of this Riven nerf is that she'll lose FotM and I can finally start playing her again.

God damnit Riot. It better be some insignificant nerf like that Cait nerf of -5 movement speed.

Ferrio

Banned
Legata carrying an entire GAF team. Too good.

Where'd you go. I went to take a piss and you went mia.

The only good thing that will come out of this Riven nerf is that she'll lose FotM and I can finally start playing her again.

God damnit Riot. It better be some insignificant nerf like that Cait nerf of -5 movement speed.

They're nerfing her regen (which I don't agree with, it's her only sustain).

But they're shifting damage from her W to Q, which I do agree with. It makes leveling Q before W viable.

Blizzard

Banned

The thing is that even though the Cait nerf was minor, it seems to have pushed her even further to unused territory. Pretty much everyone does Graves/Vayne (then Kogmaw/Tristana), and only rarely Caitlyn.

brian!

no drama at all!

Cait is underused, imo, because she needs to win her lane, she is good at winning her lane early, but falls off compared to the more used AD carries.

Blizzard

Banned
One thing I may not have realized much before today: Sheen only does bonus damage from your base attack damage (including level bonuses), unlike the double AP bonus from lich bane. An extra 80 damage every two seconds doesn't seem so impressive when you put it that way, but I guess it helps.

brian!

One thing I may not have realized much before today: Sheen only does bonus damage from your base attack damage (including level bonuses), unlike the double AP bonus from lich bane. An extra 80 damage every two seconds doesn't seem so impressive when you put it that way, but I guess it helps.

it's actually quite an impressive damage boost for characters that can proc it constantly (skarn, ez, corki, etc.), for its price, though if I am trying to go triforce I usually get a phage first.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
it's actually quite an impressive damage boost for characters that can proc it constantly (skarn, ez, corki, etc.), for its price, though if I am trying to go triforce I usually get a phage first.

Also, since it is base damage, it scale with your level. The extra mana can give champion like Irelia/Ez spam more of their skill, the AP that come with it also scale with a few of their ability.

Jenga

Banned
After playing Victor I can safely say he could use a little fine-tuning.

1. Lower CD on his ult.

2. Buff to his yellow and blue augments (his red one is pretty good)
In particular they just need to up the stat boosts. The ability powerups are fine. Well I'm thinking yellow could use an additional range boost to get the most out of the augment made specifically for durability. Maybe a slight 10% range increase in addition to MS boost.

3. Make his Q instantaneous.

In all honesty that's about it really aside from the bugfixes and etc. He's wonderful in a teamfight and I actually like the augment item idea, but all of them outside of the death one isn't terribly worth it.

Ferga

Miss Fortune cosplay: http://i.imgur.com/vLUCG.jpg

hnnnnnnnnnng

xJmCV.jpg

dock

Met up with a group of friends at their house last night.

The League of Legends player skulked off fairly quickly to LOL some more. :/ Online game addiction is gross.

Any of you guys find yourself sneaking away from gatherings to play LOL and make numbers go higher?

IsayFever

Bldx3.jpg

Think I've been playing too much Lee Sin recently. That's like game #30 in the past week of Lee Sin in some form. Be it jungler, roamer, top lane.

IsayFever

Fair enough. I was just curious. It seemed to work out quite well for you.

Yeah I normally run ad quints and armour pen reds, but that page at the time was like flat armour and health runes in every slot. I was surprised how little of difference it made in clear time / ganks to not have those there for the minor stat boosts

bjaelke

Yeah I normally run ad quints and armour pen reds, but that page at the time was like flat armour and health runes in every slot. I was surprised how little of difference it made in clear time / ganks to not have those there for the minor stat boosts

That's what I run as well. Start with a Vamp Scepter at wraiths (I'll invade if the other jungler is blue dependent) and get a leash at red. Lee is such an entertaining jungler because he can do so many routes and exceptional ganks - if you land those Q's.

Met up with a group of friends at their house last night.

The League of Legends player skulked off fairly quickly to LOL some more. :/ Online game addiction is gross.

Any of you guys find yourself sneaking away from gatherings to play LOL and make numbers go higher?

That's really really sad.

I could never, ever do that. Hell, one IRL friend, who also plays LoL, arrived at my house while I was finishing a game. While we had a good time discussing strats and commenting on the game as I finished it, I still felt weird doing that.

And that's with them being cool with it! I could never ditch a group of friends because I ran off to START of game of LoL, that's ridiculous.

JesseZao

I picked up Lee Sin recently and really need to start learning him. Right now, GP is pretty much my only jungler as I'm sort of bored with fiddlesticks.

What is the most common jungle route for Le Singa
?

IsayFever

I picked up Lee Sin recently and really need to start learning him. Right now, GP is pretty much my only jungler as I'm sort of bored with fiddlesticks.

What is the most common jungle route for Le Singa
?

eh hey can literally go any route and get the same speed. Normally I go leash on red -> wraiths -> gank and then just clear accordingly

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So why don't you guys watch the Shurelily stream on own3d?

It's quality. Total quality.

JesseZao

So why don't you guys watch the Shurelily stream on own3d?

It's quality. Total quality.

I usually only check out the top streamer on twitch (sooner/basickz/wolfy/cadburry), does own3d have a lot of entertaining streamers?

VV Edit: I guess I'm not really concerned if they are top players, just if they are fun to watch/listen to.

Boken

Banned
Most league streamers are on Own3d. You should probably start checking out Own3d.

I think TheOddOne is pretty entertaining.

I've heard rumblings that the new technology that sejuani is using is the ability to have a mounted champion. Thats cool I guess.... But I was hoping for a new gameplay technology. : (

bjaelke

I thought own3d was where most of the top players streamed?

Own3d is by far the most popular choice among the higher ranked players.

If you have Chrome, you can download this extension that quickly lets you watch streams from both services: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/edidfaijmhpefkbnobdcepampbncgejp

Most league streamers are on Own3d. You should probably start checking out Own3d.

I think TheOddOne is pretty entertaining.

I've heard rumblings that the new technology that sejuani is using is the ability to have a mounted champion. Thats cool I guess.... But I was hoping for a new gameplay technology. : (
Unless you can mount/dismount the boar, then wouldn't Nunu already be using that technology?

Boken

Banned
Yeah but Nunu isn't animated independantly of the yeti. He's just a figurine on top of the frame... if you know what I mean.

bjaelke

Yeah but Nunu isn't animated independantly of the yeti. He's just a figurine on top of the frame... if you know what I mean.

I know what you mean. But if she can't mount/dismount the boar, then I don't see how they couldn't implement it before. They'll still move as one unit. Like a Skarner using his ultimate on an enemy. Maybe I just want it to be something "bigger".

XeroSauce

I know what you mean. But if she can't mount/dismount the boar, then I don't see how they couldn't implement it before. They'll still move as one unit. Like a Skarner using his ultimate on an enemy. Maybe I just want it to be something "bigger".

Think about it this way.

Nunu is a single champion, a block, with Nunu+Wilfred or whatever his name is, painted on that block. They move as a single champion.

Sej can possibly doing attacks, cast spells, or auto attack while the "boar" part of her is running, sniffing, yelling, etc. She is essentially two blocks, one girl, one boar.

E.G. Sej is running towards you and casts W. The "girl" block waves her arms around like the chicken dance for the cast, and the boar is still moving. That boar has to keep a steady animation going, while the girl can change animation at any time, and trying to keep them as one "block" would take a ton of animation memory (accounting for every combination of movement and casting, etc) and a waste of resources.

^ My total guess of what the tech is, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom