• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

one of the best items in dota when I was playing was this axe that increased your damage against creeps and also allowed you to slay some trees, I wonder if the Machete is gonna have a similar effect

Ferrio

Banned
Ya those are some pretty big changes.

Wraith stealing going to be more difficult, leashes don't work anymore....

Sounds good. I'd be nice to run fiora jungle and not feel like total fail. Shy might be screwed though!

garath

one of the best items in dota when I was playing was this axe that increased your damage against creeps and also allowed you to slay some trees, I wonder if the Machete is gonna have a similar effect

Kinda sounds like they are introducing a baby madred's razors as a starting item. Might even build into the real Madred's.

Hmm. I thinking jungle Kassadin. lol

IsayFever

It was not my intention to cause a stir, it was out of pure frustration with myself and my declining ability to perform in this game. I have a very defeatist psyche, and internalize and punish myself quite harshly when I make mistakes. With that said, a call to quit was a bit premature on my part, but fuck I should've won those game. I threw them so hard. I've lost any type of confidence I had in playing, and I just don't know what to do.

Been playing since beta, and I can't even compete in the 1400 bracket anymore. That's just fucking pathetic, and I should be better, and I know I should be better. I'm mechanically out of practice, map awareness of a dead cat, and overall game sense of a retarded leopard trying to eat a tree.

I just need to improve, not take things as hard, and learn from mistakes. So yeah, party hard

scy

Jungle monsters now attack the nearest target rather than attempting to chase their original attacker to make their behavior more consistent

The end of leashing?

Wraith camp gold rewards have been reduced and golem and wolf camp gold rewards have been increased to better match their respective difficulty and convenience
The wraiths have reduced attack range and the large wraith has been repositioned within the camp to force mid laners to commit more when farming them for extra gold

But how will I 300cs by 20m?

I bet Sejuanni will still be trash, if not worse.

Actually, he covered that:

Sejuani's an interesting case because like many of the tank junglers her early clear is very painful. At the same time, she scales surprisingly well with items and so she's proven to be powerful if she can navigate through her early game troubles. Will make tweaks where they are needed.

Also, a bit on Diana:
Diana actually performs very well in the new jungle. She has access to very high sustained damage and she benefits heavily from the increased gold flow since she scales well with items.

And a hint at new items:
He [Karthus] also benefits heavily from the addition of a few new jungle items that are aimed towards AP.

mercviper

It was not my intention to cause a stir, it was out of pure frustration with myself and my declining ability to perform in this game. I have a very defeatist psyche, and internalize and punish myself quite harshly when I make mistakes. With that said, a call to quit was a bit premature on my part, but fuck I should've won those game. I threw them so hard. I've lost any type of confidence I had in playing, and I just don't know what to do.

Been playing since beta, and I can't even compete in the 1400 bracket anymore. That's just fucking pathetic, and I should be better, and I know I should be better. I'm mechanically out of practice, map awareness of a dead cat, and overall game sense of a retarded leopard trying to eat a tree.

I just need to improve, not take things as hard, and learn from mistakes. So yeah, party hard

I know that feel, bind. Just keep playing and it'll come back. Season 1 I mained ADC/Mid and now unless I'm playing Annie, my mechanics at those roles are really subpar lol. And whenever I take a long break from this game it always takes a month or so for me to readjust my game sense and map awareness.

scy

Just play more games. Even if it doesn't seem like you're improving, sometimes it's just hard to notice the small changes. Gradually getting better at csing and harassing, for instance. You may not notice the extra one or two cs per wave or the extra auto attack or two of harass you get off (or zoning them from cs/EXP).

Edit: Or, for map awareness/game sense, it's hard to tell when you "know" a gank is coming until you see a replay or something (unless the jungler shows himself anyway). So sometimes it's nice to watch a replay and see moments where you backed off on your pressure in lane when the jungler showed up that you weren't aware of.

garath

I like that they are reducing the emphasis of AE damage for jungle farming. That alone will open a lot of new jungler possibilities.

brian!

oh my god

scy

I like that they are reducing the emphasis of AE damage for jungle farming. That alone will open a lot of new jungler possibilities.

By all accounts, all the games will still have small mobs still (Statikk makes note that Maokai is still top tier for clears since AE is still useful).

I'm curious as to what the changes will mean for blue side early double golems or mid lane Wraith steals. Those are my big things. But, then again, I'm not a jungler :x

Edit:

It's interesting since Malzahar's void pets now do tank for him.

When we first initially implemented the new leashing changes, champions with pets that could tank for them like Malzahar and Shaco would literally clear the entire jungle without taking a scratch. Since then, we've had to make jungle monsters deal some amount of bonus damage to pets and we're still trying to fine tune the number to make sure having pet tanks is an advantage but doesn't necessarily mean jungle invincibility.

Oh boy, Kiunch gonna Shaco more

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I bet Sejuanni will still be trash, if not worse.
They sound helpful to her for me. Sejuani scales very well with gold, the problem is that her early game is weak and she can't lane to get that gold. She also has trouble with early game ganks, so if the game is putting less emphasis on that she could do very well. It will also be less punishing to put points into Permafrost early on, so the early ganks she does do will be stronger. Even just little things like having items you want instead of boots to jungle will be good for her.

Ferrio

Banned
By all accounts, all the games will still have small mobs still (Statikk makes note that Maokai is still top tier for clears since AE is still useful).

I'm curious as to what the changes will mean for blue side early double golems or mid lane Wraith steals. Those are my big things. But, then again, I'm not a jungler :x

Edit:

Oh boy, Kiunch gonna Shaco more

Elise....

scy

Elise....

You already can, though it requires self-leashing. I was going to edit in Elise but my first thought was Kiunch and him jungling Shaco.

They sound helpful to her for me. Sejuani scales very well with gold, the problem is that her early game is weak and she can't lane to get that gold. She also has trouble with early game ganks, so if the game is putting less emphasis on that she could do very well. It will also be less punishing to put points into Permafrost early on, so the early ganks she does do will be stronger. Even just little things like having items you want instead of boots to jungle will be good for her.

And the Machete (and/or AP equivalent) could help her problem with clearing the jungle anyway.

Damn. Now I'll have to learn how to deal with Sejuani ganks :|

Edit: Curious on those AP Jungle items, though.

dimb

Damn. Now I'll have to learn how to deal with Sejuani ganks :|
She is one of the least popular junglers in the game. Even after the changes go through I don't see her getting picked up that much. I doubt you have much to worry about.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know if it's just Shyvana or what, but I was having a huge problem with golems resetting when the AP mid went back to lane. Having no leash sounds like it could be a big difference.

Teamclear red buff, still gank at level 2? Or are they repositioning bushes also?

scy

Hunter's Machete:
No it currently costs 300g meaning you can start with 5 Health Potions (numbers subject to change before release).

The Hunter's Machete actually has no raw stats but instead increases your damage dealt to jungle monsters by a % and also adds bonus true damage to your basic attacks against jungle monsters.

The item then branches off into 2 upgrade paths one being Madred's Razor and the other being a new item focused more towards non-autoattack based champions called the Spirit Stone.

Oh boy? Cheaper than I expected, honestly.

She is one of the least popular junglers in the game. Even after the changes go through I don't see her getting picked up that much. I doubt you have much to worry about.

It's not really a serious concern. Besides, I know her kit as is and I've already seen her a few times.

Edit: If anything, I'm more worried about having to relearn gank timings and what this increased revenue stream means for carry Junglers.

I don't know if it's just Shyvana or what, but I was having a huge problem with golems resetting when the AP mid went back to lane. Having no leash sounds like it could be a big difference.

Teamclear red buff, still gank at level 2? Or are they repositioning bushes also?

If Blue was leashing back like that then either you or the Mid screwed up the leash. It should soft reset twice before a hard reset happens. No leash means that you'll tank it down and will need top/mid (or mid/bot, depending on buff start and side) to stay to help give a smiteless. So, really, you just need to tank a few hits now.

garath

Hunter's Machete:

Oh boy? Cheaper than I expected, honestly.

It's not really a serious concern. Besides, I know her kit as is and I've already seen her a few times.

If Blue was leashing back like that then either you or the Mid screwed up the leash. It should soft reset twice before a hard reset happens. No leash means that you'll tank it down and will need top/mid (or mid/bot, depending on buff start and side) to stay to help give a smiteless. So, really, you just need to tank a few hits now.

Ha, I kinda figured Hunter's Machete builds into Madred's. Works well for Wriggles favoring champs.

I kinda like the idea that the jungle is dangerous again. Counter jungling will be scary though. Get a warwick with boots, get a quick level 2 with sustain and go f' up the enemy jungler.

scy

Ha, I kinda figured Hunter's Machete builds into Madred's. Works well for Wriggles favoring champs.

Spirit Stone for AP Junglers seems to have an offensive and defense upgrade path too. Wonder if the same will hold true for something else besides Wriggles.

I kinda like the idea that the jungle is dangerous again. Counter jungling will be scary though. Get a warwick with boots, get a quick level 2 with sustain and go f' up the enemy jungler.

I like the idea of getting more gold out of farming the Jungle. Curious how this will play out for games.

Also, these changes make me nervous and excited for top lane changes. Oh boy...

garath

hotshot implying that dignitas will be staying at CLG mansion

That would be awesome. NA really needs to step up their game. Scrim more, stream less. Get more dedicated.

But I have my doubts that will happen. The whole reason Crumzz originally left curse was because he didn't want to move into a gaming house. He wanted to stick out college (smart).

EXGN

Wow, huge jungle changes. Holy shit. Can't help but feel some junglers are gonna get punished hard in this new jungle :(

EXGN

hotshot implying that dignitas will be staying at CLG mansion

Permanently? Would be huge for both teams. Dyrus really screwed the pooch letting Dig's strats out of the bag, seems like they may have lost a reliable scrim partner to CLG.

scy

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news:
To be completely honest with you, I don't think Volibear is a good jungler both on Live and in the new one currently in iteration. He feels currently much better suited for Top Lane.

Unlike other champions where I feel there are small tweaks we can make to ensure they are viable in the new jungle, Volibear feels fairly off and would need some significant changes (both buffs and nerfs) to switch him more into a jungle role.

Ken

Voli needs some buffs to his late game so he isn't just a walking mass of HP, and aside from his lore his ultimate doesn't make much sense.

bind, we had 2 stomps before your sad games last night! take heart!

My guess is killing twin golems will leave bot lane weaker now, so if you do them and push for the extra creeps to hit lvl2, you put self out there to get killed.

I wonder if the new jungle items will ALL scale to % of jungle minions or if itll be something other lanes might want to use!

If the new items work out we may start seeing AD casters mid, exciting.

dimb

I wonder if the new jungle items will ALL scale to % of jungle minions or if itll be something other lanes might want to use!
They made it sound like it was specifically for jungle creeps and not all mobs.

erragal

I'm really excited to hear that ap junglers are going to be viable now. I actually enjoy jungling but severely dislike the majority of champions currently viable in the role and will definitely be trying out some of my favorite ap champions in the new jungle (Jungle malz with actual late game gold will be awesome.)

I also like the flexibility it gives team compositions and lane assignments within games when you don't have to stick your magic damage at mid all the time because its the only place they're safe enough. This change alone will make picks like Talon and Pantheon less difficult to work around in champion select.

That seems inconsistent in design if machete only affects jungle creeps but razor will affect ALL mobs. Will those items change also?

I like no more leashing since it was like...an invisible gameplay mechanism. The game at no point ever tells you about leashing even tho it is a requirement almost.

dimb

That seems inconsistent in design if machete only affects jungle creeps but razor will affect ALL mobs. Will those items change also?
Well I mean maybe it effects everything, I dunno. Percentage based damage on minions is kind of irrelevant.

Ferrio

Banned
We should see if a mod will let us create a new League thread in Gaming since it's a new season (similiar as to last season).

inky

Well ...

Edit: In other news, Trundle is good in the new jungle apparently.

Even if true, I doubt people will pick him again anyway. Needs something other than his pillar to contribute to the team to be useful again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom