• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

So I installed this game last night. Haven't played it yet. I have only played one other MOBA before, and that's SMITE. I am aware that it is much different than LoL, it being in 3rd person and more of an action game and all. Still, I'm willing to give LoL a shot. How long do games usually last? And does GAF play together or do you all do your own thing?

games are on average 40 minutes.

GAF plays together, although until you hit level 30 you'll probably have some problems. Best way to get a GAF game going is to just invite people from the channel.

Blizzard

Banned
So I installed this game last night. Haven't played it yet. I have only played one other MOBA before, and that's SMITE. I am aware that it is much different than LoL, it being in 3rd person and more of an action game and all. Still, I'm willing to give LoL a shot. How long do games usually last? And does GAF play together or do you all do your own thing?
Though 5v5 is 40+ minutes as mentioned, Dominion is an alternate mode that may last shorter (20-30 minutes), 3v3 is a mode that may last shorter (15-25 minutes?), and ARAM is a custom mode people play that should last shorter (15-25 minutes?).

Human vs bot 5v5 games should last 30 minutes or less if you have a decent player on your team, but if they go longer then you may run the risk of losing (intermediate bots get tough past 30-35 minutes).

So lately I keep getting pugs where all the other people are irl friends and call each other by name. So I start to call them by their names as well, some people seriously get pissed and hilarity tends to ensue. What are some other ways to fuck with teammates without actually putting yourself at a huge disadvantage?

Ken

So lately I keep getting pugs where all the other people are irl friends and call each other by name. So I start to call them by their names as well, some people seriously get pissed and hilarity tends to ensue. What are some other ways to fuck with teammates without actually putting yourself at a huge disadvantage?

play heimer

Ferrio

Banned

I do that always.

"Hey Jim, you doing all right there?"

"Dammit Bob!"

Never had anyone get upset.

scy

New item updates. This time, Tear of the Goddess:

Tear of the Goddess

+250 Mana
+7 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Mana Charge: Each time you spend Mana, your maximum Mana increases by 4 (3 second cooldown).
Bonus Mana: 0/750

And then Archangel's Staff:

Archangel’s Staff

+250 Mana
+60 Ability Power
+10 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Insight: +(3% of Maximum Mana) Ability Power
UNIQUE Passive – Mana Charge: Each time you spend Mana, you gain 5 maximum Mana (3 second cooldown).
Bonus Mana: 0/750
Transforms into Seraph’s Embrace at 750 Bonus Mana

And then the upgrade! Seraph's Embrace:

Seraph’s Embrace

(Upgraded from Archangel’s Staff when fully charged)
+1000 Mana
+60 Ability Power
+10 Mana Regen per 5 seconds
UNIQUE Passive – Insight: +(3% of Maximum Mana) Ability Power
UNIQUE Active: Drains 25% of your current mana to shield yourself for an equal amount for 2.5 seconds - 120 second cooldown.

dat Barrier

zkylon

zkylewd
It might also mean a big deal for Karthus.

I like that it also destroyed the glass cannon two archangel staff build by making the 3% AP unique.

Everything they've been doing so far seems sensible.

---

I think I might go with Diana. AP + jungle, what could possibly go wrong?

Ferrio

Banned
It might also mean a big deal for Karthus.

I like that it also destroyed the glass cannon two archangel staff build by making the 3% AP unique.

Everything they've been doing so far seems sensible.

---

I think I might go with Diana. AP + jungle, what could possibly go wrong?

You'll hate her jungle, I know I'm not that fond of it.

inky

NXP7p.png

I loled too much at this, especially at the chat hahaha. Didn't screencap chat, but let's say it wasn't appropriate to post in the first place.

I must say I laughed because they reported him for not banning rather than what was being said.

garath

Zyra sale!! Finally! Definitely grabbing her. Lee on sale too. Time to watch all the hilarious missed Q's and no energy Lee's. Hope they aren't on my team.

I'll still play zyra mid too. She's not that bad.

Kinda bodes well for a Rengar sale soon too. If that happens I might have to refund him then rebuy. I just bought him last week.

Boken

Banned
RiotNome said:
Minor spoiler: Blade of the Ruined King and Wicked Hatchet are actually Season 3 items.
During development, we actually had a very powerful version of Madred's called Tankbusta that completely destroyed the Bruiser meta (yes, it can be done!). However, we found that there was a lot of crossover between Takbusta and the S3 items, so we scrapped Tankbusta and brought over the S3 items instead.

Give us more spoilers, nome!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hi guys, started playing a week ago. :3 will be hanging out in the neogaf channel as pandagaf.

right now learning miss fortune, sona and ahri.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
hi guys, started playing a week ago. :3 will be hanging out in the neogaf channel as pandagaf.

right now learning miss fortune, sona and ahri.
Oh wow, you picked up League? Cool, hope you find things about it you can get into. There are "SC2 is dying" jokes to be made but I'll spare you from them, because even as someone not super involved in the community I'm already tired of them.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Oh wow, you picked up League? Cool, hope you find things about it you can get into. There are "SC2 is dying" jokes to be made but I'll spare you from them, because even as someone not super involved in the community I'm already tired of them.

yeah. a reallife friend of mine has been getting into esports, he knew how much i love sc2 so he kept asking me where all the pro-team game vods were. -.- since they dont exist i sent him to LoL and ended up following him. but hey, even destiny started playing sc2 again. i'll be back to that game once i get my own hots account/internet upgrade. i dont want to get fanbois account locked again. :(

Q8D3vil

yeah. a reallife friend of mine has been getting into esports, he knew how much i love sc2 so he kept asking me where all the pro-team game vods were. -.- since they dont exist i sent him to LoL and ended up following him. but hey, even destiny started playing sc2 again. i'll be back to that game once i get my own hots account/internet upgrade. i dont want to get fanbois account locked again. :(
Hots beta still on na server only right ?
had so much lag when i played it for the first time, it was unplayable :/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Hots beta still on na server only right ?
had so much lag when i played it for the first time, it was unplayable :/

yep it is. :p

so in the meantime:

>play soraka
>more kills then my adc

>play sona
>team is miss fortune, ashe, volibear, sejuna
>bot gets volibear

Q8D3vil

yep it is. :p

so in the meantime:

>play soraka
>more kills then my adc

>play sona
>team is miss fortune, ashe, volibear, sejuna
>bot gets volibear

so your like lvl 10 now or something ?
games from lvl 1 to 30 are not even real games sadly, had a friend who was playing it casually until he hit 30 and that was the turning point for him.

Achtius

no, sona getting more kills than adc in the first 10 minute doesn't change even after lvl 30...
not when I am playing Sona at lesat

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
no, sona getting more kills than adc in the first 10 minute doesn't change even after lvl 30...
not when I am playing Sona at lesat

thats why i started playing sona instead of soraka. when my adc snarfs, sona atleast has an offensive presence in team fights with her ult and how her auras work. soraka's great at keeping long drawn out pressure relevant, but if fights are snowballing you get a silence and give your ally armour. maybe an ult or exhaust if they're up. :\ otherwise as soraka in those circumstances i just hope that my warding is relevant.

Ferrio

Banned
Been jungling with my lvl 20 friend. It's so aggravating and difficult. No one helps if I'm being invaded, yet they'll scream their lungs off for ganks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Been jungling with my lvl 20 friend. It's so aggravating and difficult. No one helps if I'm being invaded, yet they'll scream their lungs off for ganks.
So it was like playing a game with me.

GridironGrace

Neo Member

Happens alot. lol. Game is great when played with a group of 5 and good team work. Otherwise most of the time you end up frustrated or being blamed. Thats a typical response in the solo q, being blamed for the game snowballing. Especially at that level where alot of them dont understand jungling enough :(

garath

If S3 hasn't started by Saturday night I'm going to immerse myself in solo queue. I should get 4-5 games or so in a row. Probably enough to piss me off royally. I'd like to get up to 1350 or so though. I have another 5 games of massive swing elo so I need 3 out of 4 to be wins.

sigh.

scy

Happens alot. lol. Game is great when played with a group of 5 and good team work. Otherwise most of the time you end up frustrated or being blamed. Thats a typical response in the solo q, being blamed for the game snowballing. Especially at that level where alot of them dont understand jungling enough :(

That's why the key to winning solo queue is to just try to make plays. It's why my top/mid selection tend to be ones that can roam or push hard. Being able to convey my advantage in lane to other lanes. Sitting on your advantage in lane is almost always the wrong call.

You win your lane so your Jungler doesn't need to help you more, effectively cutting down the lanes he needs to keep an eye on by one. This also means that their Jungler has to focus more on your lane to help out their laner. On top of that, you're free to do things on the map to either gank a lane or divert attention to you. Bot losing hard but you win mid lane? Roam down there with the jungler for a four man gank. Top losing hard? Three man gank it. Everybody winning, or at least even, their lanes? Take objectives, force the game to move on.

The same thing applies to GAF games. We try to help lanes that are losing (or at least need some kind of assistance). That's kind of how games work out, regardless of the kind of queue it is. Solo, duo, full premades. Make up for lost lanes in the early game and then try to out play the enemy team in the mid-to-late game.

If S3 hasn't started by Saturday night I'm going to immerse myself in solo queue. I should get 4-5 games or so in a row. Probably enough to piss me off royally. I'd like to get up to 1350 or so though. I have another 5 games of massive swing elo so I need 3 out of 4 to be wins.

sigh.

I might as well do the Platinum grind at this rate. It's only like 20 or so wins, that should be doable in a few days.
This sounds familiar.

Edit: Looks like we have an idea of what Manamune will have:

Unique Toggle: Your basic attacks and single target spells drain an additional X% of your current mana and deal twice that amount in bonus magic damage over 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom