• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Unique: On cast, for 10 seconds, your next standard attack summons Shen to taunt in a line in front of you.

Blizzard

Banned
Why cant you get out of the 1000s
I probably could -- I was over 1250, and previously I did the month or two grind previously to raise 500 elo after I'd fallen, but there's very little point to that now since I wouldn't be getting the Janna skin. I don't have the time and don't want the stress.

Instead, I'm either practicing some roles I don't normally play, and/or collecting all the pokemon (i.e. increasing the little stat counter of which champions I have ranked wins with). Trying to win a game with each champion, especially since it's tracked, seems like a fun and varied thing for me, rather than stressing as much about getting to a certain elo for now. :)

Ultimately I shouldn't play since it takes so much time, but maybe this is a compromise. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
I really wish the LoL tips said stuff like "DONT DO DRAGON IF BARONS UP AND YOU DONT SEE ENEMY TEAM" instead of dumb "cursing is wrong lolol" stuff. Would've saved me last match.

Also, goodnight sweet turtly prince, you'll be sorely missed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did you know that players who cooperate with their teammates have a 31% higher chance of winning?

Ferrio

Banned
I really wish the LoL tips said stuff like "DONT DO DRAGON IF BARONS UP AND YOU DONT SEE ENEMY TEAM" instead of dumb "cursing is wrong lolol" stuff. Would've saved me last match.

Also, goodnight sweet turtly prince, you'll be sorely missed.

Do what I did, edit the txt file that stores those. Stuff like "Don't facecheck bushes you dumbass" is a lot more informative.

I've got a nasty feeling that the new jungle is just going to make Fiora even less viable than she already is. She's a squishy jungler as it is, cloth 5 is a necessity, so this is just going to make it worse. No leash and increased damage from jungle monsters? Ouch.

It's such a pity, she's by far my favourite champ, but she just gets outclassed top and she's only an *ok* jungler as is. Yeah the increased experience and gold will help her scale better, but that's providing she gets the chance to.

But hey, maybe the Tiamat buff will do her wonders ;)

Also hi.

Boken

Banned
3BubH.jpg
#lolgafgames

scy

Kat gonna die?

Better throw my shield........

#lolgafgames

My favorite part was failing the Baron pit jump.

And then Flashing over after failing the Baron pit jump.

When I could just, y'know, spear from the side.

Like a smart person.

Boken

Banned
My favorite part was failing the Baron pit jump.

And then Flashing over after failing the Baron pit jump.

When I could just, y'know, spear from the side.

Like a smart person.

I thought about ss-ing that but I didn't want to be mean

____

mercviper

Charge! Noshinoro roared.

What is this puny flash of light!?

Oh shit retreat!

#lolgafgames

Taric didnt even shatter. gotta respect taric/graves as sona

I'm hoping that by making people feel bad about the level of gaf games, they'll try to get better/make better decisions!

Who cares what happens in normals?

Noshino

Charge! Noshinoro roared.

What is this puny flash of light!?

Oh shit retreat!

#lolgafgames

Taric didnt even shatter. gotta respect taric/graves as sona

I'm hoping that by making people feel bad about the level of gaf games, they'll try to get better/make better decisions!

I don't mind taking advice from good players, but you boken? please....

Boken

Banned
He missed his Flash.

:lol
He didn't flash until after he got banged
Who cares what happens in normals?
Neogaf only plays normals. That statement is just saying, "let's never get better!". Sure, you can have fun, but you can also try to learn things and improve at the same time. P.s. take flash/ignite

I don't mind taking advice from good players, but you boken? please....
Oh shiiiit

scy

He didn't flash until after he got banged

Like I said, he missed it. When the Stun was in the air, he hit S instead of D.

Neogaf only plays normals. That statement is just saying, "let's never get better!". Sure, you can have fun, but you can also try to learn things and improve at the same time.

But not from you with that attitude.

mercviper

Neogaf only plays normals. That statement is just saying, "let's never get better!". Sure, you can have fun, but you can also try to learn things and improve at the same time. P.s. take flash/ignite

Not true? I solo queue all the time. Also flash/ignite is for more early game focus that is unnecessary for Annie if you harass early game. I prefer ghost/flash to be useful late game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There's no need to be so sensitive. Part of learning is acknowledging your mistakes. GAF is really bad about pushing stuff under the rug after losing sometimes.

scy

There's no need to be so sensitive.

Criticism is one thing.

"LOL YOU SUCK" is another.

This is not about acknowledging mistakes. "Don't be so sensitive" is not a free pass to have no idea how to actually discuss with people.

Edit: I do agree that GAF is pretty bad about ignoring mistakes in general. I don't think that insulting/berating people with it is the way to get things corrected. It just gets people ignored.

Boken

Banned
Like I said, he missed it. When the Stun was in the air, he hit S instead of D.

What attitude? I made a lighthearted comic. He should've flash ulted in the first place. Like, that was the mistake, not not flashing the stun.

Not true? I solo queue all the time. Also flash/ignite is for more early game focus that is unnecessary for Annie if you harass early game. I prefer ghost/flash to be useful late game.
How many regular gaffers solo-ranked as well? Don't you want them to improve? Sure ghost is good late game, but you'll always be outdamaged in lane against a flash/ignite

Criticism is one thing.

"LOL YOU SUCK" is another.

This is not about acknowledging mistakes. "Don't be so sensitive" is not a free pass to have no idea how to actually discuss with people. Edit: I do agree that GAF is pretty bad about ignoring mistakes in general. I don't think that insulting/berating people with it is the way to get things corrected. It just gets people ignored.
Oversensitive people are prone to overreaction, ya know? I tried to present it in a humourous way in comic form. If you want a cut and dry "well you should have flash ulted here", then that doesn't apply since it is a comic afterall. You're missing the context and hence it seems like youre overreacting -> oversensitive.

Like, i even followed the same format I used earlier. If you really think it was targeted and insulted, you probably are being sensitive. it shows a sona being aggressive while in ult range and taking a stun and going 100-0. this isn't just for one person - the comic teaches everybody that graves/taric can 100-0 sona. it's important.

Boken

Banned
Don't you guys get sad when you get opponents like that lux? I'm sure you all could see that she was pretty bad. Don't you guys want to face tougher opponents?

That's what:
means

If you want to play with better people, improve yourself

brian!

i think what most ppl are hung up on
is this im better than you narrative, like you're making your arguments hinge on that
and they don't think you are better than them, at least not in some meaningful way

Boken

Banned
But does it matter if I am better than them or not? The pictures speak for themselves, and mistake is a mistake.

Like, why must you guys wait for me to say:
Before anything registers in peoples minds. People are laughing at the poor plays by the lux, but nobody is thinking…. That person is meant to be at our level, we should be sad!

Boken

Banned
i feel you closer bro but what you say just show that people are being sensitive and blind to mistakes yo

i was responding to you to make a point

Boken

Banned
The comics will never end

but gaf is playing with a smurf atm so no point

I got a good one of bind face checking into 4 people but i think he knows what happened there

inky

I don't think people are blind to mistakes, I think people are just not too fond of you exposing them for your own amusement. If that is being "oversensitive" is to up to each one of them I guess.

Boken

Banned
I don't think people are blind to mistakes, I think people are not too fond of you exposing them for your own amusement.

It's alright until it's your own mistake. Neogaf on the whole are pretty bad with mistakes though: e.g.

Bindww (3:15): more like
Bindww (3:15): more bad jayce
scy46 (3:15): That Jayce was probably the worst I've seen in awhile.

After a game where everybody sucked ass. (Jayce was a random nongaf player).

And people didn't get what the mistake was. It wasnt getting caught by taric stun, it was not flash ulting or max range ulting.

inky

I'm not saying you are wrong. I don't play with GAF so I don't know how they are, just trying to explain the other side from my point of view, which is pretty separated from everyone involved. To them it felt more of a diss than helpful advice is my guess.

If that is how you guys are with each other when you play, pls carry on and forget my encroachment into your stuff.

Boken

Banned
It's hard to turn a lighthearted comic into "helpful advice though". I had to follow the tone of my previous #lolgafgames entry - hence why I think why people are overreacting and missing the point and the context

scy

What attitude?

Every game I've been with you and every time you're in chat is almost nothing but general "GAF is terrible" rhetoric. Constantly. That attitude.

I don't think people are blind to mistakes, I think people are just not too fond of you exposing them for your own amusement. If that is being "oversensitive" is to up to each one of them I guess.

I don't have a problem with my mistakes being pointed out. I'll own up to my mistakes. I have an issue with it being "GAF IS SO TERRIBLE #LOLGAFGAMES" bullshit. It adds nothing and just serves to discredit the advice. He's right on the problem here. The delivery makes it a troll.

And, yes, I'm probably oversensitive. But broadly trying to say we're all blind to mistakes is him trying to spin things to make himself seem in the right. And it's not like he's beyond this himself.

It's alright until it's your own mistake. Neogaf on the whole are pretty bad with mistakes though: e.g.

Bindww (3:15): more like
Bindww (3:15): more bad jayce
scy46 (3:15): That Jayce was probably the worst I've seen in awhile.

After a game where everybody sucked ass. (Jayce was a random nongaf player).

And we all knew that we all fucked up. Every lane lost. I was behind ~50cs at the end to the Graves. We missed engages in bot lane that would've converted to kills (and, conversely, the Graves/Taric did not, catching Noshino out with an EQRIgnite a few times). The Jayce was also really bad, however, and spent a good portion of the game QQing and AFK'd the end of the game, hence the ire at the end. But he did not cost us the game. The game was well out of our hands.

And people didn't get what the mistake was. It wasnt getting caught by taric stun, it was not flash ulting or max range ulting.

That would be my fault, probably, and not Noshino's. I think I called off the engage.

Boken

Banned
Every game I've been with you and every time you're in chat is almost nothing but general "GAF is terrible" rhetoric. Constantly. That attitude.

I don't have a problem with my mistakes being pointed out. I'll own up to my mistakes. I have an issue with it being "GAF IS SO TERRIBLE #LOLGAFGAMES" bullshit. It adds nothing and just serves to discredit the advice. He's right on the problem here. The delivery makes it a troll.
GAF games have been pretty depressingly bad lately.

And, yes, I'm probably oversensitive. But broadly trying to say we're all blind to mistakes is him trying to spin things to make yourself seem in the right. And it's not like he's beyond this yourself.

And we all knew that we all fucked up. Every lane lost. I was behind ~50cs at the end to the Graves. We missed engages in bot lane that would've converted to kills (and, conversely, the Graves/Taric did not, catching Noshino out with an EQRIgnite a few times). The Jayce was also really bad, however, and spent a good portion of the game QQing and AFK'd the end of the game, hence the ire at the end. But he did not cost us the game. The game was well out of our hands.
The problem was that only thing you guys said after that game was that jayce sucked

That would be my fault, probably, and not Noshino's. I think I called off the engage.
I dont care whose fault it was, just wanted to show what happened.

scy

GAF games have been pretty depressingly bad lately.

This is true.

The problem was that only thing you guys said after that game was that jayce sucked

In GAF chat, sure. Mumble wasn't quite the same.

I dont care whose fault it was, just wanted to show what happened.

I'm a terrible ADC, I never get a feel for my all-in damage. We probably had it off the Flash Sona ult and if I just landed my skillshots. If I recall, Graves and Taric got out both around half dead.

Edit: You're right, though, that we should recognize our mistakes (though, I don't quite agree with the implication that everyone thinks shit is perfect) and should recognize when we get shitty teams that they're considered on par with us. Then again, it's hard to tell with the lack of Normal elo. I mean, we've gotten games vs 2k+ solo queue teams right after a dumb stomp game.

Blizzard

Banned
Come on, they go with that instead of a song like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u925g6CgKuw&feature=related

*edit* The big mistake you're all making is playing games as a premade or mediocre level team. If you were like me and played at the really BAD level, then Boken won't even WANT to watch. Like he watches and his head explodes because everyone is so bad. :D

scy

*edit* The big mistake you're all making is playing games as a premade or mediocre level team. If you were like me and played at the really BAD level, then Boken won't even WANT to watch. Like he watches and his head explodes because everyone is so bad. :D

Those would be my games at 2AM or so my time when I'm half asleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom