• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
new Kog'maw skin.
Dog'maw?

$30 limited edition skin.

Karma isn't a bad champ by any means, she's just not good for SR. The cooldown on her ult is way too long. With her charged up moves, she matches or exceeds a lot of supports, but without them, she's far worse. With only two charges, you don't make enough of an impact over a single team fight to be worth picking over Sona or Sora (who also has teamfight issues).

inky

What is with Riot and the contortionist waists they love giving to their female champs? Also, dat neck...

e15KN.jpg

Great, first Broodmother, and now Naga in LoL /trollface

Yay for new support I guess...

Swig_

Why all the supports gotta be womenz? *cough*asidefromtaric*cough*

I love the female form just as much as the next straight guy, but it would have been cool to see a water-based support similar to Tide Hunter (in aesthetics) from DOTA2. Some kind of water creature, rather than a humanoid naga ripoff.

Ferrio

Banned

I love the female form just as much as the next straight guy, but it would have been cool to see a water-based support similar to Tide Hunter (in aesthetics) from DOTA2. Some kind of water creature, rather than a humanoid naga ripoff.

You got Fizz don't you?

And yes, we need Angus

scy

Taric, Alistar, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Blitzcrank. Can add unconventional stuff like Shen, Gangplank as well.

Edit: Though I do agree :x Basically every "I HAS THE HEALS AND BUFFS AND STUFF" support is female besides Taric and Nunu.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
the last melee carry we got was fiora
Kha'Zix. Rengar. Darius. Jayce (that should count as like half of one right). I think Elise is kind of supposed to be one too maybe but who knows what is going on with that champion.

IsayFever

And I should mention Volibear for bind.
Let the storm follow in my wake

Also, translated from turkish so it might not make sense in some places, but the shop / ui update notes:

Shop and Updating User Interface by admin on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 18:43

Patch in the near future, League of Legends sparkling user interface refresh, while in-game shop and add some new features in the user panel. May need to try a short while to get used to, but after getting used to get information of innovations in the game when you return to base, make shopping easier and will accelerate. Considering all the new item added, rather will be beneficial. Here is the new patch:

Updates to the shop

The interface has been made more elegant and simple. Options are also added to make it easier to find items more quickly. The main changes in this patch, the game will be:

Merchandise no longer boots, Magic Resistance, as the more specific filters placed under Attack Speed. You can select more than one filter to customize your search.

When you select an item, components, components, and that the price of goods used in the construction of higher-level objects will be displayed.

Search function has been added to quickly find a specific item. Features are available such as, common abbreviations for items ex. "TF", Tri-Force / Trinity Force "Triforce"-even as you know.

Objects in the table, and can be displayed in a list.

Champions recommended items between the pre-season joined the newly added items. In addition, starting from the current situation to be able to find more affordable goods, stamina, attack categories such as you can see under the advice.

Updates to User Panel

Aesthetic changes were made to both the operator panel, as well as increase your field of view than the right to see the information necessary to facilitate the innovations introduced. You can expect:

Active state of the current level of all abilities displayed below the icon, which is assigned to the button to write the above.

Production of goods easier to use compartments, each compartment clearly written, which is assigned to the key.

Team score table top right corner of the screen, not reduce the viewable area and to keep a comfortable layout.

Haly

I think he means squishy item dependent auto attacking types like Yi, Trynd, Olaf or Fiora.

Which is kind of an outdated design philosophy at Riot. Pretty much all viable melee AD champs are expected to be able to provide utility, burst as well as sustained damage (basically tanky dps).

zkylon

zkylewd
Item_Shop_TURKISH.jpg1.jpg

Rayven you sly fox, search function in the shop op.
Got a bigger size? Looks pretty from here but my sight is not what it used to.

Anyways, about the little mermaid, I wish they just gave her a scaly body and not some cleavage showing weird chest clothes that looks hideous. The neck brace should go too.

I really wish they added a full monster, sexless support champion.

scy

I think Elise is kind of supposed to be one too maybe but who knows what is going on with that champion.

She's more of a tank than anything else.

I think he means squishy item dependent auto attacking types like Yi, Trynd, Olaf or Fiora.

I dunno, melee ADCs just don't function well with the way the game works right now. Maybe we'll see things change for Season 3 but I'm not exactly expecting much.

Anyways, about the little mermaid, I wish they just gave her a scaly body and not some cleavage showing weird chest clothes that looks hideous. The neck brace should go too.

To be fair, that's not her finished design. Though, she'll probably still have cleavage and all anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
Will bomba like Urgot.
Just looking at the artist's site, I found a couple mermaid-like concepts that I like more:

ningyos.jpg

First one is pretty cool, has full on bewbs and doesn't look nearly as dumb as Nami.

They all look like they would fit Dota2 better tho

IsayFever

I dunno, melee ADCs just don't function well with the way the game works right now. Maybe we'll see things change for Season 3 but I'm not exactly expecting much.
If pillager doesn't make it over to SR, all hope of melee adc is gone

Haly

Right, that's another reason they're not being made. ADCs just don't fit into the meta Riot's established.

scy

If pillager doesn't make it over to SR, all hope of melee adc is gone

While it's nice and all, Spell Vamp isn't going to save melee damage dealers. I mean, a 1000 damage burst is 100 health with Pillager; the stat combination otherwise (AD, Health, CDR, ArPen) is nice though and we'll probably see something.

With defenses getting more expensive and damage increasing in general, I'm not sure what to expect really. Maybe the survivability between "tanky bruisers" and "assassins" will just compress to the point you'd rather the damage option. Don't know, honestly.

Still, it'll be hard to argue against ranged damage :|

zkylon

zkylewd
I want a support in an S&M outfit that just has the ADC on a leash, LeBlanc-style, and can just force him to be near DA PLAYZ

Haly

What kind of Elise build turns her into a tank?

Is this like Corgi's TriMogs build on Nid?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I want a support in an S&M outfit that just has the ADC on a leash, LeBlanc-style, and can just force him to be near DA PLAYZ

tumblr_mb1lkvRO5Y1r3xxe9o1_500.gif

Hell, this entire last page combined with Haly's fuckin avatar. God damn.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I am pretty sure there are no point on releasing melee carry anymore, even if riot release one, people will just build them like a tanky dps. If you give the melee carry a good escape, people will build the carry as assassin instead.

scy

What kind of Elise build turns her into a tank?

Laning wise, it's Haunting Guise/Abyssal; she doesn't need AP to do her damage due to her low cooldowns and her good base damage + HP% scaling. After that, build into Rylai's, Randuin's/Frozen Heart.

Building her with raw AP is basically the wrong approach. Get some MPen and then tanky items. Rylai's isn't a necessity but it sure helps her stay on an ADC when diving them. Granted, Randuin's helps with that as well.

Haly

I am pretty sure there are no point on releasing melee carry anymore, even if riot release one, people will just build them like a tanky dps. If you give the melee carry a good escape, people will build the carry as assassin instead.
Right, it's just too easy to stack HP in League.
Laning wise, it's Haunting Guise/Abyssal; she doesn't need AP to do her damage due to her low cooldowns and her good base damage + HP% scaling. After that, build into Rylai's, Randuin's/Frozen Heart.

Building her with raw AP is basically the wrong approach. Get some MPen and then tanky items. Rylai's isn't a necessity but it sure helps her stay on an ADC when diving them. Granted, Randuin's helps with that as well.
Interesting, will try this later.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Well if that's what she is supposed to be she is not very good at it.

I would say the same thing, but all those time I played with scy, I don't even recall one time he lost top lane as tanky elise. The transition is amazing in mid game too. There could be a problem in late game, but that is not saying much since AP elise will suffer from the same problem.

Haly

Well maybe melee carries will have their return season 3 with new itemization. Be interesting to see.
If rushing Tiamat and afk ricing becomes A Thing, it just might.

scy

I would say the same thing, but all those time I played with scy, I don't even recall one time he lost top lane as tanky elise. The transition is amazing in mid game too. There could be a problem in late game, but that is not saying much since AP elise will suffer from the same problem.

I've lost once in top lane and that was to your Nasus when I didn't take my all-ins when Ignite was up :( With the extra damage with her last buff, I'm not sure if there's a top lane I'm worried about with her honestly. I just don't like the fact that it's hard to snowball a game with her. I've since decided to just accelerate the game and push other lanes when I'm done with top, though, and to take advantage of the item lead I'll have (and her good mid game).

Though, on that note, they got the design/gameplay behind her really well done; the whole spider theme and all. Everything about killing with her in lane is about gradually wearing a target down before the all-in. Unfortunately, that design is what hurts her in team fight phase of the game where she can't poke well before an engage and doesn't have the time to Human form and weaken a target. That's why Rylai's/Randuin's is good for her diving carries as it lets her just stay on a target in spider form. With 5 Spiderlings going, she does melt a carry that she's on while also being pretty hard to take down herself. Late game Human form is basically for throwing out the Volatile Spiderling to poke and maybe a Flash+Cocoon to pick off someone that's out of position.

Also, she takes towers ridiculously fast. Even at Level 6, I only need around three minion waves. Makes her a fairly capable split pusher if need be.

One of my mates plays AD/Bruiser Elise with practically no AP and generally bosses top lane.

She's an incredibly schizophrenic champion. Don't think Riot even know what to do with her.

scy

Rush Ravenous Hydra, stay alive through aoe life steal.

I'm really curious where this comes into play for laning phase. I mean, lets take Fiora with Hydra. This means she can Q in, EW and decimate a wave and go for the straight up duel while Vamping off the wave clear, and then Q out. Hydra Regen + her Passive at full stacks + the Lifesteal does mean that she can come off a trade like this very much ahead of her opponent. Shouldn't take much before this just becomes a QEWQR all-in for her.

That's probably the first thing I'm trying come Season 3. All that matters will be when, time wise, I can get a Tiamat/Vamp or Hydra done. I'm expecting the same timing as double Doran's BT so it may not be a practical play, though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom