• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Let the storm follow in my wake

Also, translated from turkish so it might not make sense in some places, but the shop / ui update notes:

Here's the English one by the way:

In the upcoming patch we’ve added some new features to the HUD and item shop, all wrapped up in a slick new look for the League of Legends user interface. While it might take a little getting used to, we think you’ll find that these UI updates help you quickly absorb in-game information, and purchase even faster when you head back to buy. This is particularly helpful in light of all the new items we’re adding this preseason. Here’s a rundown of what you’ll see them when the new items come out.

Item Shop Updates

In addition to a sleeker-looking interface, the shop now offers more options for quickly and efficiently locating items. This includes search functionality, better sorting options, multiple layouts and more.

Here are the major store updates coming this patch:

Item categories are all now accessible with just one click. You can also select more than one filter to help locate those highly-specialized buys.
Selecting an item will display its components, their costs, and every higher-tier item it can build into.
There’s now a search function to help you quickly locate and buy a particular item. It even recognizes popular slang terms such as “BT” for The Bloodthirster and “triforce” for Trinity Force.
There are options to view items in both grid and list layouts. You can now view items as icons so you can browse more items at the same time.
There are new recommended items for every champion that incorporate all the preseason additions to the arsenal. Recommended items have also been expanded to offer additional, categorized suggestions (starting items, durability items, offensive items, etc.) to help you tailor your build to your current situation.

HUD Updates

Along with its new aesthetic, the game HUD also has a few upgrades to increase your field of view and make relevant information readily visible. Here’s what you can expect:

The current level of each of your active abilities is now displayed below the icon, and the hotkey assigned to each is now displayed on the button.
Item slots are now marked by a clear hotkey indicator for to easily see which items are usable and what key activates them.
The scoreboard in the upper right has been streamlined and sharpened to maintain clarity.

You’ll see the new item shop and HUD in the next patch, so be sure to stop by and share your feedback on the forums. The devs are standing by to answer your questions!

Item_Shop_EN.jpg

HUD_Screen.jpg

Edit: Searching "TONS OF DAMAGE" gets you Trinity Force. Best shop ever now.

scy

The other notable thing is the Zeal change. 1175 Gold (-20 Gold) with 15% Attack Speed (-5%), 10% Critical Chance (No change), and 5% Movement (-1%).

Edit: By the way, the Item Shop/HUD update patch will have the new items as well it seems.

The other notable thing is the Zeal change. 1175 Gold (-20 Gold) with 15% Attack Speed (-5%), 10% Critical Chance (No change), and 5% Movement (-1%).

Edit: By the way, the Item Shop/HUD update patch will have the new items as well it seems.

Hmmm, presumably that means a Phantom dancer nerf too?

scy

Hmmm, presumably that means a Phantom dancer nerf too?

Yeah, it was stated that Phantom Dancer was going to lose Attack Speed and Movement Speed (if I had to guess based off the Zeal change, it'll probably be changed to 40% AS, 30% Crit, 10% Movement) but will gain the ability to ignore unit collision.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm curious, does anyone really care about unit collision?

scy

Lets put it another way though: How many people care about unit collision AND buy a Phantom Dancer? :(

Another screenshot of the new shop. Catalyst has two more upgrade paths (and -125g cost with -90 Health, -25 Mana, -100 Health restore on level up), Deathcap is cheaper (-400g), Rod of Ages is cheaper (-225g), and Deathfire Grasp is more expensive (+400g).

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Lets put it another way though: How many people care about unit collision AND buy a Phantom Dancer? :(
Probably nobody because PD is a highly specialized item that only belongs to the busted AD carry build.

garath

Another screenshot of the new shop. Catalyst has two more upgrade paths (and -125g cost with -90 Health, -25 Mana, -100 Health restore on level up), Deathcap is cheaper (-400g), Rod of Ages is cheaper (-225g), and Deathfire Grasp is more expensive (+400g).

Whoa.

a) I love the new store. Search is OP
b) Holy crap at all the changes. S3 is going to be all new. I cannot wait. It's like a new game.
c) Not sure if this is going to allow us to natively change the recommended items. Doesn't look like it. That makes me sad. I like changing my recommended items for the champs I play frequently.

scy

I hope tomorrow is a ton of new item announcements. The shop teasing many of them has me wanting to know more ...

Also, there's a chance this next patch will take forever :(

c) Not sure if this is going to allow us to natively change the recommended items. Doesn't look like it. That makes me sad. I like changing my recommended items for the champs I play frequently.

While it won't be implemented directly, they did mention that they tried to leave the functionality there for Enigma.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hope tomorrow is a ton of new item announcements. The shop teasing many of them has me wanting to know more ...

Also, there's a chance this next patch will take forever :(

While it won't be implemented directly, they did mention that they tried to leave the functionality there for Enigma.

As long as pre-season doesn't last like 3+ months like last time, I don't care.

@Haly

This is one of my biggest peeves right now and I'm hoping the S3 patch will fix the collision issue. I remember hearing about people and collision issues but it never really affected me until the past 3-4 weeks. There have been several instances top lane in which I'm chasing the enemy laner and I get 'stuck' on creep. It starts to do that strange wiggly thing like when a character is clipped into a wall in other games and it completely halts my movement.

Very frustrating.

scy

@Haly

This is one of my biggest peeves right now and I'm hoping the S3 patch will fix the collision issue. I remember hearing about people and collision issues but it never really affected me until the past 3-4 weeks. There have been several instances top lane in which I'm chasing the enemy laner and I get 'stuck' on creep. It starts to do that strange wiggly thing like when a character is clipped into a wall in other games and it completely halts my movement.

Very frustrating.

This is one reason why I like Elise, Nidalee, and Vlad right now for my top lane picks. Ranged harass. I have more than enough Rengar and Riven games where I do this weird spinning in place maneuver on top of minions when going in for a kill (or trying to back out of a harass) :/

Haly

I think that's more of a pathfinding issue, as collision boxes on all League units are really small. And once they fix it, the collision ignore on PD would be even more irrelevant.

scy

I just noticed the DFG change is more than just +400g in cost. The Active is now increased magic damage to target rather than a nuke.

Edit: Also worth noting, Annie in the screenshots has 335 Movement at Level 1 with no items (her base is 310, 335 would be a little over +8%). That's a pretty good amount from Runes/Masteries, especially considering she has no +AD, AP, Armor, MR, Health, or Mana. Kind of curious here...

KageZero

After this reset the game has moved to a totally new level. I cant explain it but the players are... i cant even find the words to say it. Even if we are winning entire game everyone starts soloing and engaging 2v5 and we lose. Other times i feel like people are trolling on purpose. Last game had fizz farming in enemy wood and leaving mid. Udyr is going into 1v3 fights. Before that i had nindale who was going ap and didn't hit a single spear entire game and started blaming udyr for it. I just don't know. I'm now on 1060 elo was never so low before, 2-10.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I just noticed the DFG change is more than just +400g in cost. The Active is now increased magic damage to target rather than a nuke.

I hope they will increase the range on dfg, or may be it will change to a support item, dfg on tanky support with ap top and mid.... and one of the ap is vlad!!!

scy

I hope they will increase the range on dfg, or may be it will change to a support item, dfg on tanky support with ap top and mid.... and one of the ap is vlad!!!

3600 Gold is an expensive support item.

But, man, Vlad Ult + DFG means someone really wants to blow up something.

Swig_

Taric, Alistar, Fiddlesticks, Nunu, Blitzcrank. Can add unconventional stuff like Shen, Gangplank as well.

Edit: Though I do agree :x Basically every "I HAS THE HEALS AND BUFFS AND STUFF" support is female besides Taric and Nunu.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. All of those are more like "Bruiser" supports, not healy, sheildy supports. I suspect that most of them weren't designed originally to be supports, since the meta has changed so much. It reminds me of my WoW days when everyone's girlfriend was the healer.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was reading a comment about LoL off of Kotaku and came across this particular one. ROFL.

It's a cheap rip-off of Dota except with much poorer mechanics. I'm sorry. Every friend that I've ever talked to that has played both games agrees with me 100%. Once Dota 2 comes out of beta, I hope to see a lot of switching. LoL has poor game mechanics because it tried to be Dota, but it couldn't be exactly the same, so it only changed for the worse. Seriously, all fanboyism aside, Dota has a much more engaging play style and makes a lot more sense. And moreover, the "Pay to win" aspect of LoL is unacceptable.

Haly

I agree with everything there except with less vitriol and generalizations.

I can make arguments for each of those complaints, in fact, I probably have.

Only thing that keeps me to LoL is the characters are much better IMO, and is constantly improving.

Idk, I just started playing Dota but I find the characters to be pretty interesting and I like the special dialogues they have between certain heroes(League needs more like the Graves and Nocturne ones and a few other ones I think they have.)

Ferrio

Banned
Idk, I just started playing Dota but I find the characters to be pretty interesting and I like the special dialogues they have between certain heroes(League needs more like the Graves and Nocturne ones and a few other ones I think they have.)

I meant their abilities. I can't really compare Dota's dialogues and stuff since I haven't heard them.

I meant their abilities. I can't really compare Dota's dialogues and stuff since I haven't heard them.

Some would argue that Dota has more creative abilities and character designs.

Personally I think Dota heroes in general tend to have more creative/less cookie cutter abilities and gameplay concept themes.

For character design, that's pretty subjective, just chalk it up to personal taste. Really no point on trying to convince someone on that subject.

Haly

My favorite League skills are [Targeted Gap Closer], [AD/AS Passive with a Steroid] and [Conditional Disable].

Ferrio

Banned
Some would argue that Dota has more creative abilities and character designs.

Personally I think Dota heroes in general tend to have more creative/less cookie cutter abilities and gameplay concept themes.

For character design, that's pretty subjective, just chalk it up to personal taste. Really no point on trying to convince someone on that subject.

Very few dota heroes that i'd consider more creative ability wise, or least more interesting abilities.

Few like Pudge, Clockwerk, Templar Assassin, Invoker, techies are interesting... but most are pretty meh to downright lazy boring (skeleton king).

My favorite League skills are [Targeted Gap Closer], [AD/AS Passive with a Steroid] and [Conditional Disable].

Yes there's a lot of reused concepts. But the average lol character has more abilities. That's two different arguments, you're talking about variety. Just because Bloodseeker is the only character that can make an idiot die by running, doesn't mean it's actually interesting.

Not to mention I like LoL's ample use of skillshots, most stuff is targetted in dota.

Blizzard

Banned
If only paying to win actually worked. I went with a premade team of five ladies (road warrior misfortune, purple shyvana, goth fiora, flower elise, bunny riven) but we of course lost to the other team of five non-skin and probably non-lady champions. :(

I mean we didn't have a support and one person was on the phone and one person was bad BUT STILL, the skins should have won it.

Yes I know it's referring to rune/mastery pages/champion purchases but I wanted to talk about skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom