• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Caitlyn is the one that concerns me. She shoots from a bush with Hurricane towards three enemies. This means she gets +2 to Headshot's counter three times or +6. So ... how does this work? Does that mean every other auto attack she does is a Headshot? Or does she always Headshot? For when Headshot is still every 8th/7th auto, what happens to those extra auto attack counts?

Her headshot only procs on the target she clicks on. Doesn't affect other things.

And i'm pretty sure the passive wont build towards headshot

Saprol

For when Headshot is still every 8th/7th auto, what happens to those extra auto attack counts?

It'd be a mess if they coded it to keep the excess counts. Like if Nunu didn't cast spells for a while but autoattacked for a long time he wouldn't need mana.

Was there any mention on whether or not the hurricane's extra projectiles can hit the same target, assuming he was standing in point-blank range?

Too powerful for it to be good in both group and duel situations. That's probably one of the balancing factors compared to taking something suited for AD/crit.

Won't work as well. The support has to be a disengager for the team because we should avoid team fights as much as possible after we push into the enemy. Taric can't disengage. He can stun one and we might all die if we dont all go in to fight. One bad fight will make us start to fall behind since we are giving up free farm.

Unless taric gets shurelyias right after we get top and bot tower, he isn't going to be the most efficient choice. And sona is a disengager with her ult and is a boss at pushing towers with auras and her sustain. I can just keep pushing and pushing with the sustain.

And the extra AD from Q lets me get the first tower even faster.

I think it may just be a playstyle issue but yea Taric is weaker in the teamfight stage than Sona I know. I was saying, if I was graves, I'd prefer the lane advantage 2v1 to ensure taking the tower and surviving ganks to a better disengage midgame unless the sona ult is a key part of the strat. Didn't blaze use Jayce-gate as their disengage?

brian!

Caitlyn is the one that concerns me. She shoots from a bush with Hurricane towards three enemies. This means she gets +2 to Headshot's counter three times or +6. So ... how does this work? Does that mean every other auto attack she does is a Headshot? Or does she always Headshot? For when Headshot is still every 8th/7th auto, what happens to those extra auto attack counts?

i guess it'd just stack up
i dunno, are they finished w/ this item already? I guess we can consider that Caitlin won't exactly be chilling in bushes by the time she gets this item

Her headshot only procs on the target she clicks on. Doesn't affect other things.

I think I read that it does, unless im reading it wrong. like scy is saying that with the bush you are shooting out 3 HS procs, + passive procs, so it kind of makes sense to me

edit: I guess xypherous does say that it will gain "one" proc, so maybe the multiplication doesn't work that way. but still +2 from bush, +2 from hurrican procs, still pretty fast.

scy

They count:

Caitlyn – Gains one stack of Headshot for each target hit. Fires Headshot only at the primary target.

That's the functionality as posted by Xypherous. She'll get up to +6 to her counter for Headshot and it will only use/apply Headshot to the primary target. I guess the question is, how does it work if you do three attacks from a bush now? Is it auto -> auto -> auto -> Headshot?

Alternatively, you get +2 from a bush and then +1 for each other target hit for +4.

It'd be a mess if they coded it to keep the excess counts. Like if Nunu didn't cast spells for a while but autoattacked for a long time he wouldn't need mana.

I imagine it just throws them away so Hurricane Caitlyn from a bush will auto -> Headshot -> auto -> Headshot (if not in bush, it's auto -> auto -> Headshot).

Swig_

I'm getting an "error connecting with Maestro" that won't let me past the loading screen. Anyone else having this problem?

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it evil I always ban new champs so people can't play with what they spent their precious money on?

Oh and it gives me pleasure

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i doubt kog's w will work. its an effect of an item and not his attack. it'd be like deathfiregrasp working with w.

brian!

I mean think about the nature of the item choice
I don't know how much it costs but
are you contributing as much when you buy hurricane vs. ie/bt, etc.? can your aoe outweight the benefits of beating single target ass?

i doubt kog's w will work. its an effect of an item and not his attack. it'd be like deathfiregrasp working with w.
Confirmed to work, but the word "currently" implies they might remove it.

are you contributing as much when you buy hurricane vs. ie/bt, etc.? can your aoe outweight the benefits of beating single target ass?
The item is if you don't want to specialize on crits/single target. With the incoming heavy MS nerfs for Zeal/PD, the 60% ASPD makes this a good item if you prefer AoE instead of solo crit. I can see Corki wrecking teamfights with Hurricane, Black Cleaver and BTs. Graves will probably work great because he gets so much lifesteal and his passive makes him very beefy. Like mentioned in a previous post, this can actually make Varus a very strong non-crit based ADC. AP ASPD Varus might even be legit.

Blizzard

Banned
I just finally patched and saw the Zed splash.

I mean I'm not judging too much but like...his thighs and butt are so huuuuge. Like, we're talking Chun Li level, here. This guy has some serious junk in the trunk, know what I'm saying.

scy

IE/BT isn't the comparison you should be making. Hurricane vs PD. They fill the same niche (sort of, PD is now mostly Crit%). So you're talking about BT/Hurricane vs IE/PD.

Edit: Finally played a Zed game. Burst isn't bad, harass in lane is fairly good, game was a stomp against us so no idea on his team fight. His E should cost less and/or his W should restore more. Or W needs a shorter cooldown considering how much of his gameplay revolves around it.

brian!

IE/BT isn't the comparison you should be making. Hurricane vs PD. They fill the same niche (sort of, PD is now mostly Crit%). So you're talking about BT/Hurricane vs IE/PD.

Edit: Finally played a Zed game. Burst isn't bad, harass in lane is fairly good, game was a stomp against us so no idea on his team fight. His E should cost less and/or his W should restore more. Or W needs a shorter cooldown considering how much of his gameplay revolves around it.

oh right, but I was treating it as an item that needs to be rushed which might not be the case

scy

Should probably wait to see if IE is still in before making IE/PD vs whatever comparisons.

Since they are reworking everything the stats will probably be different too.

They've made reference to IE and BT for Season 3 so I assume they're both still in. But, yeah, the stats for both will be different, notably BT going to be losing a lot of Lifesteal most likely.

They've made reference to IE and BT for Season 3 so I assume they're both still in. But, yeah, the stats for both will be different, notably BT going to be losing a lot of Lifesteal most likely.

I'd like to see more variety in more AD carry builds instead of IE/BT/LW/PD on everything.

I guess that's part of the whole point of the item rework. That first week is going to be fun.

Nidalee_Render.png

Nidalee_Cougar_Render.png

Blizzard

Banned

I had no clue what I was doing, but I agree about W. I wasn't using energy recharge runes so spamming meant I would quickly run low on energy, and the W cooldown is so long (10+ seconds?) that using it to mitigate energy costs or get extra harass is kind of difficult. Maybe just a second or two off could do it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, I just did a regular match building the recommended items and I didn't do so terrible (out of lane).

Now with who do I have to sleep with to get me a Kitty Kat skin?

---

Btw, which boots? I get the feeling Sorc+Guise+Abyss is a bit of MPen overkill.

Ok, I just did a regular match building the recommended items and I didn't do so terrible (out of lane).

Now with who do I have to sleep with to get me a Kitty Kat skin?

---

Pretty sure he still goes sorc boots.

scy

69 MPen. If they have MR Blues, you need that much MPen (well, slightly less). If they get a Chalice->Athenes, you need that much MPen. If you want to kill their top lane/jungler eventually, you'll need that much MPen.

Well guys I'm taking a break from the game for a while. Not having fun with it right now, constantly playing bad and just get angry with myself. Thanks for the games I've played with you all and putting up with me. Ill still read the thread and post my dumb replies. See you guys whenever the Christmas stuff starts.

P.S. Vertical line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom