• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i dont think i ever evolved w, need q to finish off tanky opponents, E for the reset and R to negate aoe damage and position in team fights.
I think people really overvalue the evolution on this Q and R while not understanding how important his Evolved Spike Rack can be. You are essentially looking at the opportunity to triple the damage on your W, but more importantly you can proc your passive not only from a distance, but on multiple enemies.

Leezard

I thought evolving W would end up being the most useless skill on Kha'Zix, but it ended up being the one I liked best.

I saw earlier today on the League forums that it was changed from 13 to 16. It was posted by a red in a topic about the new jungle.

My Jungle Kayle seems just as good/better than before, so I'm not too bothered about the machete force. The lower creep gold means that laners won't be so much more powerful than junglers.

In any case I foresee an assassin roaming meta: moving between lanes without boots is a lot easier, increase in damage items and penetration means kills will be easier, less creep gold means less punishment for missing creeps while getting kills/roaming.

scy

Creep gold in lane was nerfed? Ohh

Jungle and Lane minions were lowered slightly. Passive Gold went from 13 GP10 to 16 GP10. Jungle does grow gold wise +50% over before, however.

Basically, despite the fact that they give less per kill, it almost comes out to the same per minute. Jungle ramps up faster now than before so come third or fourth clear, it'll start pulling ahead of what current live jungle is worth.

Ferrio

Banned
Jungle and Lane minions were lowered slightly. Passive Gold went from 13 GP10 to 16 GP10. Jungle does grow gold wise +50% over before, however.

Basically, despite the fact that they give less per kill, it almost comes out to the same per minute. Jungle ramps up faster now than before so come third or fourth clear, it'll start pulling ahead of what current live jungle is worth.

I was just expecting jungle to be more on par gold wise with lanes, seems the new passive gp10 and lowered gold for lane minions might do that.

JesseZao

They shifted the gold gains to keep supports/junglers closer to the laners. Also, it dulls the snowballing a bit. Going to be a lot of chaos during the first week of this patch.

garath

Wow. So it really is the league of assassins. Raise costs for top tier items, lower cost for farming. Kills and roaming will be prioritized to get to the top tier items quicker.

scy

I was just expecting jungle to be more on par gold wise with lanes, seems the new passive gp10 and lowered gold for lane minions might do that.

Basic calculations would put it that Jungle will become the best source of gold eventually (around mid game, I think). Not sure if it'll be worth it to send a Carry through the jungle instead but ... yeah.

Basically, they slowed down the Jungle for early clears to take away the inherent advantage of some of the top Junglers (e.g., most Junglers with Machete clear faster than the good junglers now without Machete) and made the mid-to-late game Jungle worth more. This means the junglers who come into power later in the game are better off than some of the early ones. Still some exceptions like Lee Sin and Shaco doing low level ganks but ... yeah.

Wow. So it really is the league of assassins. Raise costs for top tier items, lower cost for farming. Kills and roaming will be prioritized to get to the top tier items quicker.

Top tier items are cheaper total but less efficient cost wise, I believe, outside of some raw stats (e.g., AD/AP). There's exceptions like some of the Machete upgrades are stupid efficient.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Assassin rely on early game advantage of snowballing, making item cheaper and toning down snowball will just make them become irrelevant sooner. If we don't take into account all defense nerf, and penetration buff.

Kenai

Trying to keep track of all the masteries/glyph/item changes is a bit overwhelming considering I like some of the "weirder" characters build-wise (Fizz/Zyra/Galio) and still consider myself pretty newbish. I am debating just stockpiling a ton of IP and then waiting for the dust to clear to see what I need to buy. I'm excited though.

Q8D3vil

I think people really overvalue the evolution on this Q and R while not understanding how important his Evolved Spike Rack can be. You are essentially looking at the opportunity to triple the damage on your W, but more importantly you can proc your passive not only from a distance, but on multiple enemies.

never though of it this way. when i should evolve it and instead of what other evolution ?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
never though of it this way. when i should evolve it and instead of what other evolution ?
I usually take it first. If you're jungling I'm not sure if it would still be best that way but I'd think so. Right now my evolution order is usually Spikes-Wings-Ultimate. If it makes more sense to take the claws because of lots of high HP enemies I take that instead of the ultimate upgrade.

Not sure if my experimental Kog was doing well.
- Furor Berserker Boots
- Hurricane
- Malady
- Rabadon

Magic damage alone, I was hitting 3 champs for 200 each at 2.00 ASPD.

Not having sustain sucks, but Furor helps kiting so much. For my other two items I was thinking of getting Void then Zhonya. I should end up with 406AP, so W hits for 10% HP while Malady hits for 55.

I think Liandry's torment doesn't work with Kog's W. Shame.

Blizzard

Banned
protip don't run zed against anyone with sustain
I just had a Zed in a ranked game. It immediately became hard mode, since he fed the top lane 5 kills or so very early. Eventually we discovered Zed's true calling, backdooring while everyone ignored him, so he got some towers and tried to solo baron and eventually we won.

Nice Zed game but why weren't you so successful in the four Zed games before that? Did you change tactics, or get a worse opponent? AcridMeat apparently also has success as Zed so I must learn everyone's secrets.

For me lately, the games that aren't hard mode are losses, but the games that are hard mode (our Alistar says to report him at like level 10 and disconnects) end up being victories (other team surrendered 5v4). It's kind of funny.

inky

Ravenous Hydra is pretty awesome. Some new items are too damn good.

UNIQUE PASSIVE - CLEAVE: Your attacks deal physical damage up to 60% of your Attack Damage to units around your target, decaying down to 20% near the edge.
UNIQUE ACTIVE - CRESCENT: Deals physical damage up to 100% of your Attack Damage to units around you, decaying down to 60% near the edge. (10 second cooldown)

This thing on Darius/Trynd and you are going through ppl/minions/everything.

Q8D3vil

how 2 maokai?
feels like every decision you make is like jumping off a cliff
-Bush ganks.
-Treat your sapling as a 30 sec ward to prevent counter jungle.
-Always initiate on high target in team fights since you can disable them for good 3 seconds and put down your ultimate in the right place.
-Maokai is weak against counter ganks so try to prevent that.

That new DFG. Holy fucking shit.
Item Cost: 3000
+100 Ability Power +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Active: Deals 15% of target champion's maximum Health in Magic Damage then amplifies all magic damage they take by 20% for 4 seconds - 60 second cooldown.
Right back to OP as fuck.

Boken

Banned
New Gunblade. Stackable spellvamp. Slow bolt cd goes down by 3s every auto attack or single target spell hit.

oh god

jax is gonna be so strong

Runaan's Hurricane (Ranged Only)
Item Cost: 2350
+70% Attack Speed
UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, each dealing 10 + 50% of your Attack Damage. These apply on-hit effects.

Phantom Dancer
Item Cost: 2800
+50% Attack Speed +30% Critical Strike Chance +5% Movement Speed
UNIQUE Passive: Your champion ignores unit collision.

(A unit ignoring unit collision may walk through all units unhindered.)
PD is dead.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know whether I can feel the PBE changes or not, probably because I don't jungle.

It just feels samey and I haven't found a new item for my mids, though the mask that builds off Haunting Guise sounds pretty great for pokey champs.

I don't know whether I can feel the PBE changes or not, probably because I don't jungle.

It just feels samey and I haven't found a new item for my mids, though the mask that builds off Haunting Guise sounds pretty great for pokey champs.

As a top laner, jungler.

This shit cray.

Boken

Banned

AP mids had the most diverse itemisation before this anyway.

new things:
liandrys mask
lich bane
dfg

Q8D3vil

i tried evolving khazix w instead of r and its pretty good ( top vs talon though). will try it in jungle since it make his clear so much faster.

Flayer

I much prefer evolving E first on Kha. A superflash with a 20 sec cooldown and resets on kills/assists is unbelievably strong on a burst damager. Also allows some intense tower diving action. I level Q first mind, just get the evolved E on a lvl1 E at 6.

Q8D3vil

I much prefer evolving E first on Kha. A superflash with a 20 sec cooldown and resets on kills/assists is unbelievably strong on a burst damager. Also allows some intense tower diving action. I level Q first mind, just get the evolved E on a lvl1 E at 6.

i evolve E lvl 11 or 16. Evolving Q is a must since it will increase you 1v1 duel power.
my only problem with khazix is itemization, hope it get fixed in season 3.

Swig_

Trying to decide which role to focus on in S3.. I've bene playing ADC/Support, but want a change. Also, I hate support for soloq because I keep getting stuck with clueless ADCs and I can't carry if my team is bad. Also, you go completely unappreciated the vast majority of the time.

Thinking about jungle. Seems like with the new changes, it'll be fun and less boring (used to play jungle, but it was boring unless I had a good game). I think the item changes/additions will make it much more dynamic and interesting, plus if I'm good at it, it can make a huge difference.

Feel like playing akali
What even made her OP when gunblades used to stack?

I never really felt OP with gunblade Jax.

---

It just occured to me that PD is actually stronger because everyone gets a +25 MS. :/

Assume a typical ADC with 300MS.

Season 3 = 325 * 1.05 = 341
Season 2 = 300 * 1.12 = 336

They get even better kiting because of Furor.

Boken

Banned
What even made her OP when gunblades used to stack?

I never really felt OP with gunblade Jax.

---

It just occured to me that PD is actually stronger because everyone gets a +25 MS. :/

Assume a typical ADC with 300MS.

Season 3 = 325 * 1.05 = 341
Season 2 = 300 * 1.12 = 336

They get even better kiting because of Furor.

akali does massive spell damage and gets passive spellvamp already

Q8D3vil

Trying to decide which role to focus on in S3.. I've bene playing ADC/Support, but want a change. Also, I hate support for soloq because I keep getting stuck with clueless ADCs and I can't carry if my team is bad. Also, you go completely unappreciated the vast majority of the time.

Thinking about jungle. Seems like with the new changes, it'll be fun and less boring (used to play jungle, but it was boring unless I had a good game). I think the item changes/additions will make it much more dynamic and interesting, plus if I'm good at it, it can make a huge difference.

i dont understand what do you mean by boring, jungling is the most dynamic role and only you decide to be boring "farm farm farm" or aggressive.

Boken

Banned
jungling is by far the role that requires the most knowledge and game sense.

ADC isnt boring though. You feel so badass when you dodge 100 people trying to kill you and ace their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom