• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
wooo boy trundle is loving this new jungle

holy cow the terror of filth is back

--

some of you new guys don't know the terror of a 6.5 second pillar of death

My generic S3 Masteries so far.
AA Carry (AP On-Hit) for Kog, Varus and Teemo.
Junglewick for junglers. Relentless and Tenacious gonna be so gud. Scout is OK.
AA Carry (Crit) for regular ADCs.
AP Carry gets Artificer, because I'll likely get Zhonya or DFG or some other active item in any match.

JbN9R.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cannot unsee the goblin face on kog's snout.

Kog ruined forever.

Haly

Looks like a loading screen. I assume it's a fan concept?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
AP Carry gets Artificer, because I'll likely get Zhonya or DFG or some other active item in any match.
Needs more CDR.
@dimb

Muramana is pretty strong for on hit builds. it does like 70+ per auto!
Seems interesting, but I don't know how Lulu would handle without buying into attack speed until so much later. With that kind of mana regen you would probably wind up relying more on harass, which is really strong but normally too mana intensive to keep up for extended periods of time.

Seems like you'd OOM yourself really fast with Muramana, but I bet the burst is incredible.

hey hit me up on PBE we can play if you'd like

name is,

OHGODMONSTERS

Can you wall off your own team with that, like Anivia/Jarvan? I could see how it would be terrifying in that case.

Yes, it is considered terrain however your team doesn't get affected by the slow of course

zkylon

zkylewd
scy, I love your build:

i2aJMZ12rmMHn.png

Actually, my buddies (Jarvan and Amumu) decided to build around me, so they gave me room to have my fun, but still... I did pretty alright, considering that their Kat had movement speed and AP runes that made me lose every single trade (seriously, laning phase was so terrible), and our bot just fed their Vayne for the first half the match and we had to go save them every 2 minutes.

I'd like to not buy Hextech Revolver but seriously her AP runes + the extra items she got from a double kill bot were making my life so miserable...

Example: A unit with 60 armor has 60% more of its maximum health in effective health, so if the unit has 1000 maximum health, it will take 1600 physical damage to kill it.

Doesn't work exactly that way. Resistances have depleting value (forgot the exact phrase). The more armor you have, the less resist you get for extra armor.

Formula: Resistance = 100/(100+armor)

0 armor = 0% reduction
60 armor = 37.5% reduction
100 armor = 50% reduction
200 armor = 77% reduction

You can then use those multipliers on your health. Say you have 1000 health

0 armor = 1000 effective health
60 armor = 1000 * 1.375 = 1375 effective health
100 armor = 1000 * 1.5 = 1500 effective health
200 armor = 1000 * 1.77 = 1770 effective health

It's why stacking armor is useless if you don't get HP to back it up. Vice versa, stacking HP isn't that cost effective for defense if you don't have resistances. Say you got a giant's belt, taking you to 1430 health.

0 armor = 1430 effective health
60 armor = 1430 * 1.375 = 1966 effective health
100 armor = 1430 * 1.5 = 2145 effective health
200 armor = 1430 * 1.77 = 2531 effective health

If I'm a tank, I prefer to keep my resists somewhere around 150-200. I'll stack more HP if I need more beef, or get some damage.

Haly

Erm.

60 armor = 37.5% reduction
Each 1 point of incoming damage becomes 0.625 points of damage.
Total amount of physical damage required to kill a 100 hp unit with 60 armor is therefore 100/0.625 = 160

There is no diminishing returns with regards to armor. One point of armor is always 1% EHP.

...got my math wrong LOL. Something was nagging me since I remember I should have ~10000 effective health as pure tank.

Back to watching The Proposal then.

Boken

Banned
Um corgi is right, +1 armor = +1% EHP

damage reduction gains get smaller and smaller (mostly because youre already reducing so much damage) but the EHP doesn't

ps wtf haly and his avatar

scy

Just to explain, Armor/MR have "diminishing returns" in the sense that each point of Armor and MR is worth less percentage wise. However, as you get more percentage reduction, each percentage point is worth more compared to the last percentage point (e.g., 60% Damage Taken to 50% Damage Taken is a greater return than 70% Damage Taken to 60% despite both jumps being "-10% Damage Taken"). Essentially, this balances out the EHP returns vs Armor/MR.

If I recall, it's something like ~600 HP/0 Armor, ~1200 HP/100 Armor, ~1800 HP/200 Armor, etc. for the sweet spot with one damage type. When you have split damage to contend with, it's like 1300 HP/0 Resists, 1850/50 Resists, 2400/100 Resists, etc.

Or, basically: Single damage type, stack the appropriate resist for it and then get HP. Split damage type, stack HP and then resists.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
What's a good Jax TT build? I normally go Boots/Doran Blade -> Mercs/Tabi -> Triforce and that Blade of the Fallen King or whatever.

I haven't played in forever so I really don't know what I'm doing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so what are some reasonable cs goals to aim for?

i seem to usually get about 50-65 by around 10 minutes, depending on what i'm laning against. I found a chart that says that by 10 minutes you have 101 minions pass through open terrain; so i'm only getting about half of them... I also drop off severely as the game advances because i feel compelled to roam if I've taken a tower or have ult up and a lanes in trouble, so even if i get 50% for the first 10minutes, i might end the game with only 130ish.

should i just keep trying to push the average point by point? should i prioritise meeting goals by set times in the game [first 10 minutes] or focus on getting my total creep kill count higher? is there any meaningful way to really practice it without playing a PvP where there is the pressure of a live opponent trying to murder you?

Ferga

so what are some reasonable cs goals to aim for?

i seem to usually get about 50-65 by around 10 minutes, depending on what i'm laning against. I found a chart that says that by 10 minutes you have 101 minions pass through open terrain; so i'm only getting about half of them... I also drop off severely as the game advances because i feel compelled to roam if I've taken a tower or have ult up and a lanes in trouble, so even if i get 50% for the first 10minutes, i might end the game with only 130ish.

should i just keep trying to push the average point by point? should i prioritise meeting goals by set times in the game [first 10 minutes] or focus on getting my total creep kill count higher? is there any meaningful way to really practice it without playing a PvP where there is the pressure of a live opponent trying to murder you?

Aim should be 80 to 100cs every 10 minutes.

Someone help me. I'm on a losing streak and I don't think I'm getting any better. Lvl 17 and I'm getting thrashed by people who are in about same lvl as me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Aim should be 80 to 100cs every 10 minutes.
100cs every 10 minutes as in literally missing no more than a single creep every ten minutes?

challenging, i like.

edit: actually i guess since the opening minutes dont have spawns you cant average it like that, the next ten minutes would have more creeps then the first. hmm.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Someone help me. I'm on a losing streak and I don't think I'm getting any better. Lvl 17 and I'm getting thrashed by people who are in about same lvl as me.

You should at least tell us what champion you play, the score screen when the game is over, and who you laning against and why you losing.

scy

100cs every 10 minutes as in literally missing no more than a single creep every ten minutes?

challenging, i like.

10 minutes should be 114 minions, I believe.

Realistically, I'd aim for ~80 by 10 minutes, ~200 by 20 minutes. The backup goal is "better than my lane opponent" but I hate settling for that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
10 minutes should be 114 minions, I believe.

Realistically, I'd aim for ~80 by 10 minutes, ~200 by 20 minutes. The backup goal is "better than my lane opponent" but I hate settling for that.
114 spawned, so you can only get 114 if you happen to have already aced them and taken every tower in their base. there'd be two waves behind the outer turrets at the 10minute mark, but i guess you could probably take that turret by then if you're playing so well that you can take every cs and survive with only starting boots.

You should at least tell us what champion you play, the score screen when the game is over, and who you laning against and why you losing.
I use Jayce most of time, his poking seems great at first to harass enemies, but he is totally useless against other ranged champions like Ashe or Caitlyn who has much greater range. Plus, he gets absolutely demolished when I play against Akali, who abuses stealth poking every time and I cant do a damn thing. Whenever I engage her, half of my hp goes down.

AcridMeat

Banned
There's nothing discernible in that screenshot that seems awful. It's just such an obvious statement that I don't see the point in making it.

So, which champ would be best suited as a ranged bruiser? So far I've pretty much only had success with Urgot, Graves and MF while running bruiser builds... anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom