• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
The strangest thing happened yesterday, I was playing draft with friends and aside from the first match where I had to go afk after the 15 min mark we won every single match. So many good plays. The feeling of stomping people when everything goes in your favor, makes up for all the rage days where there is someone throwing or dc-ing.

Everyone should start getting rage blade before it gets de-buffed. Such a ridiculously strong item.
fixed?

scy

I had to go look at the stats but man, I didn't realize that they raised the cost with those changes. 2600 Gold (up from 2235) for 30 AD (-5), 40 AP (-5), and 4% AS/4 AP (-0%/-2) per stack. Not sure if the under half health Passive is worth the extra gold.

The passive does last longer (8 seconds, up from 5) though. So there's that.

That Veigar bot lane.

That Malphite mid l--oh, wait, I lost that lane. Hard.

gg thx 4 carry

Premade normal 5s with friends of a friends.

First game, new person called N plays Cait. OK, everyone's filling in the roles. Our Singed jungled but I've seen him do great with that. I went solo top Nid against Irelia and somehow demolished the lane 9/0 without jungler help. Cait played really mediocre and used her ult before there were even signs of a team fight breaking out. 50 mins, 136 cs (against Graves). Nonetheless, me and Singed and Karthus carried.

Second game. Again I had to go solo top but I went with Jayce since he's free. I was gonna do the poke build. N again calls ADR and picks... Teemo. Of course the enemy had support Leona and jungle Alistar. I had the misfortune of laning against Yorick but I managed to outplay him. I started winning harder once I got double dorans and Vamp Scept, since I can just shrug off all his harass.

It didn't matter, because N was just doing so awful. He buys MEJAI when he's going 0/5. What the fuck?

I already had a 9 win streak. So much for my hopes of seeing a pure green match history again. :(

Ferrio

Banned
Man frustrating playing with a friend of mine.

He's not bad, just new.. so he's learning. But I tend to hold him at a higher level than the other random new people, so when he fucks up I have to call his ass out on it. Feel bad about it when I do. Yesterday top tower fell really early (top poppy), so poppy would be able to free farm. Warned him to make sure to buy wards so he doesn't get ganked by a roaming Riven. He gets ganked twice, and gets upset at top for losing their tower... yet all he had to do was buy a 75g ward. Why people think it's too expensive is beyond me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

He's not bad, just new.. so he's learning. But I tend to hold him at a higher level than the other random new people, so when he fucks up I have to call his ass out on it. Feel bad about it when I do. Yesterday top tower fell really early (top poppy), so poppy would be able to free farm. Warned him to make sure to buy wards so he doesn't get ganked by a roaming Riven. He gets ganked twice, and gets upset at top for losing their tower... yet all he had to do was buy a 75g ward. Why people think it's too expensive is beyond me.

People don't think vision is a valuable resource in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's hard to tell just from that snippet of the chat, you were in the game so you'd know best. When that sort of thing happens to me in a game, I just start vividly describing in chat what they are doing so when they are reported they aren't as easily pardoned as they would usually be. 'Lux why are you running past the minions and attacking the tower, do you know how tower agro works?', 'Lux why aren't you attacking back, why are you just standing there letting yourself be killed', etc etc. Baiting them into admitting they are deliberately trolling works as well. Then at the end of the game if most your team reports them and they have a terrible k/d ratio and their cs is like 20, it's more likely they will actually be punished rather than just being given the benefit of the doubt of being a new player.

That said, I've known people not to even play PvP until beyond (sometimes well beyond) level 10, so there is always the possibility that somebody is actually new and relatively clueless about how to conduct themselves in games. A lot of people early on don't understand how an opponent can snowball and how much difference better items can make too. You continually see at lower levels people die and just come charging back in a minute later to try and get a revenge kill. You can tell they aren't intentionally dying, but they aren't rational enough to realise they aren't helping their situation by just charging in gun-ho again after dying the previous 5 times to that same guy. Not implying that is what happened here though, just saying.
lol that's great. With so many trolls in the game, the amount of times I play out of fun comes pretty close to the amount I play out of spite (i.e. not surrendering just to fuck over the guy that fed, blamed and then afk'ed), so new ways to get people banned are always appreciated.

Also, did the math and my average kills per match are 4.7, while my assists are 10.7. I feel pretty low about my kills :/

Warding definitely becomes more common in higher level and ranked games.

Just tell him that wards = less deaths/more kills since that is basically what it translates to.

Having vision over the map allows you to avoid deaths and get potential kills that otherwise would not be possible without vision.

Ferrio

Banned
Warding definitely becomes more common in higher level and ranked games.

Just tell him that wards = less deaths/more kills since that is basically what it translates to.

Having vision over the map allows you to avoid deaths and get potential kills that otherwise would not be possible without vision.

Told him many times.

EXGN

Haha, I get frustrated with that too. My friend has been playing for a long time, but mainly casually (doesn't follow the meta, doesn't always understand which team is ahead, CS is only average, plays what he wants despite synergy or counterpicks, etc.). With the recent reset, he wants to try ranked but I won't duo ranked with him yet because he needs to work on his game knowledge.

Like in one match where we took an early lead as an ADC/support (Graves/Maokai) combo, we got level 6 first. I wanted to engage the moment we hit 6 because I knew that would be a significant spike in our power, but he wanted to wait 40 seconds until his exhaust came back up and refused to go in. In that time frame, the enemy duo (Ez/Sona) hit 6 as well, he went balls to the wall and got Sona/Ez ulted and gibbed.

I took out Ez, so it was a good trade overall, but he didn't understand we could have got the free kill if we had gone in earlier.

Kenai

That said, I've known people not to even play PvP until beyond (sometimes well beyond) level 10, so there is always the possibility that somebody is actually new and relatively clueless about how to conduct themselves in games. A lot of people early on don't understand how an opponent can snowball and how much difference better items can make too. You continually see at lower levels people die and just come charging back in a minute later to try and get a revenge kill. You can tell they aren't intentionally dying, but they aren't rational enough to realise they aren't helping their situation by just charging in gun-ho again after dying the previous 5 times to that same guy. Not implying that is what happened here though, just saying.

I didn't start playing PVP until I was almost 30. I wanted to save up for a full Rune page, get used to at least a few champs, you name it. I've always been a cautious person in PvP in just about every game so I actually had the opposite problem, "letting" people get away when I probably could have killed them if I had properly towerdived, or expecting my lane partner to when I had a clear shot.

But I do see that all the time. 1-2 people blindly charging in against 3-5 of the other team then immediately after "QQ Team no help" caveman speak, as if they didn't know we were on the other side of the map somehow or they were going to solo 3 people when they could barely handle their lane phase. Or they get ganked from bushes, then don't learn AT ALL and get ganked in the exact same fashion multiple times in a 20 min period.

I can use that to my advantage sometimes though, I have successfully outrun the entire opposing team and led them away/escaped while someone else backdoored a critical turret/inhib, and then even counter-ganked when they split up. Probably why I like Fizz so much, it's hard for me to do that on anyone else.

mercviper

Back from vacay guys, what I miss?

QHZYC.png

Oh... Maybe I should come back later...

scy

Black mamba, wagebladesrageblades, and me feeding.

Also, a lot of new information about Season 3, including the entirety of the kit for the new support that I wager you'll like. She has Cho's rupture, Fiddle's crow with heal instead of silence, an on-hit + Phage proc buff, and Sona ult! ...put that way, Nami's getting nerfed to hell probably.

New support stuff sounds awesome too. Probably the role that got the most love. Also, Wraith Collar op.

mercviper

Yeah all the new support stuff looks super sexy.

I still have no idea what Black Mamba is besides a Kobe reference. I guess I'll find out tonight.

Ken

Zed is pretty much my favorite champion at the moment. Fun kit, mana-less, cool look... Of course he had to be an AD assassin making it hard to pick him in solo queue without people saying "AD MID!? We need AP!!!!"

zkylon

zkylewd

lol this made my afternoon

Black mamba, wagebladesrageblades, and me feeding.

Also, a lot of new information about Season 3, including the entirety of the kit for the new support that I wager you'll like. She has Cho's rupture, Fiddle's crow with heal instead of silence, an on-hit + Phage proc buff, and Sona ult! ...put that way, Nami's getting nerfed to hell probably.

New support stuff sounds awesome too. Probably the role that got the most love. Also, Wraith Collar op.
I dunno about her being nerfed to all hell, maybe just a bit, but so far I haven't seen anyone play her so well and her skillshots are kinda easy to dodge.

Gonna try her myself now. If PBE ever lets me in.

scy

I dunno about her being nerfed to all hell, maybe just a bit, but so far I haven't seen anyone play her so well and her skillshots are kinda easy to dodge.

Gonna try her myself now. If PBE ever lets me in.

She has mana problems in lane, delayed knockups are easy to dodge, her W range isn't amazing, her cooldowns are a bit long, and I foresee plenty of missed ults.

I was just saying that wording her kit that way makes it seem ridiculous :x That said, she does have a good kit for a kill lane (knockup on her Q, on-hit-slow on her E, Knockup/Slow on her ult, +Movement buff Passive) and brings at least a little bit of sustain with her W. Seems like she'll be fun.

Though, truth be told, I may be looking forward to the Nidalee rework more.

I fucking hate this gif.

I contemplated just responding to you with the gif again.

zkylon

zkylewd
I fucking hate this gif.
tumblr_m8x1mwQCPq1rwnp75o1_400.gif

sorry

She has mana problems in lane, delayed knockups are easy to dodge, her W range isn't amazing, her cooldowns are a bit long, and I foresee plenty of missed ults.

I was just saying that wording her kit that way makes it seem ridiculous :x That said, she does have a good kit for a kill lane (knockup on her Q, on-hit-slow on her E, Knockup/Slow on her ult, +Movement buff Passive) and brings at least a little bit of sustain with her W. Seems like she'll be fun.

Though, truth be told, I may be looking forward to the Nidalee rework more.
Yeah, I thought she was gonna be OP as fuck but so far so good. She's got mad teamfight potential, being able to stun so many people from a distance, but I forsee her going the way of the Janna/Lulu to the graveyard of unused supports while I just...

tumblr_maxarkhGcH1rexnc2o1_500.gif

edit: seriously yesterday I played against Janna with a Galio mid and every time the enemy team initiated I would just disengage with my ult at the same time Galio popped his, I basically wasted his ult every single time in the game lol

scy

More like "New assteries calculator".

I must say, a lot of the masteries seem a bit lackluster. I do see the probability of more 21/0/9 builds, if only for Summoner CDR and Item Actives CDR. That and due to not getting _that_ much out of 21/9/0 compared to those.

Yeah, I thought she was gonna be OP as fuck but so far so good. She's got mad teamfight potential, being able to stun so many people from a distance, but I forsee her going the way of the Janna/Lulu to the graveyard of unused supports while I just...

She has some issues too (like, her W costs double mana apparently) but she seems like she should be a rather solid support. I'd put her well over Janna for the time being. Lulu is one of the best offensive ASPD supports (e.g., Vayne fucking loves her) and her ult is ridiculous, though Kage's Last Breath gives the slow aura (+ Frozen Fist gives tanks a way to make a slowing field too).

Also, her skin is Koi Nami apparently so there's something to be said about her and those goddamn puns.

kayos90

I must say, a lot of the masteries seem a bit lackluster. I do see the probability of more 21/0/9 builds, if only for Summoner CDR and Item Actives CDR. That and due to not getting _that_ much out of 21/9/0 compared to those.

To me, it doesn't even look like a new mastery tree. They just shuffled some stuff around and called it new. Then again, I only looked at the offense tree.

scy

To me, it doesn't even look like a new mastery tree. They just shuffled some stuff around and called it new. Then again, I only looked at the offense tree.

Shuffle some stuff around, nerf the shit out of Demolitionist, add Spellblade. That's basically the new Offense tree. Well, there's the new Crit Mastery too.

Utility and Defense got the major revamps and Defense has a lot of bizarre masteries (Defender's +1 Armor/MR per Enemy Champion seem a bit weak, though it is one point for +5 Armor/MR compared to Legendary Armor needing four points and 100 Armor/MR to get the same result).

Ferrio

Banned
Offensive tree sucks ass for riven or any spell reliant ad...

Might do a split down offense/defense 50/50.

Pick up some of those anti-cc masteries.

Only thing remotely appealing is sunder...

zkylon

zkylewd
Spellblade is pretty lovely, but yeah, boring.

She has some issues too (like, her W costs double mana apparently) but she seems like she should be a rather solid support. I'd put her well over Janna for the time being. Lulu is one of the best offensive ASPD supports (e.g., Vayne fucking loves her) and her ult is ridiculous, though Kage's Last Breath gives the slow aura (+ Frozen Fist gives tanks a way to make a slowing field too).
Yeah, her ult's just too good and easier to hit than Janna's (at least hit correctly and not just push the enemy carry to safety), but I guess I'll have to try her myself.

I really hate having to try champs on fucking unlogable PBE, I want to try the new support items on my Leona or Sona, and of course I didn't buy any supports in PBE while I had the IP...

Also, her skin is Koi Nami apparently so there's something to be said about her and those goddamn puns.
Nami is also backwards for "mina", which is the slang word for "chick" (as in woman, not chicken) in argie spanish, and we often say it backwards who knows why, so that's pretty weird when I'm playing with my friends, and we say "cuidado con la Nami" or something like that, because we'll use the same phrase to talk about a Syndra or whatever.

I like her for that lol

Playing ARAM as Wukong.

I buy Merc Treads.

My team gets stomped on.

I die, have 3k gold to spend.

Debate going FoN or Abyssal, decide on Abyssal for the aura.

We lose in like 10 minutes. My items are the Merc treads and Abyssal.

Teammate: report ap wukong

Reminds me of that other ARAM guy when I was GP and my teammates wanted to report me for "not doing anything".

inky

I didn't know ppl took ARAMs that seriously. Isn't it like the "I'm tired of every other mode" mode, and just to fool around?

kayos90

I didn't know ppl took ARAMs that seriously. Isn't it like the "I'm tired of every other mode" mode, and just to fool around?

Some people take ARAM seriously but just because you're not taking it seriously doesn't mean you want to lose. If people just screw around and cause the team to lose, I feel that's in poor taste.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It's ARAM and who cares what people build and all, but seriously, why would you build Abyssal on Wukong?
holy fuck the defense masterpieces seems to be op as fuck
What? It's the tree that seems the most nerfed to me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, 6300 time again, I'm bored, who to buy who to buy. I'm four girls short of having all female mids, maybe start with Diana, I dunno...

inky

I agree with the not wanting to lose part, but I'm not suddenly going to report AD fiddle or AD Lulu in a random game like ARAM. It just seems dumb to care that much for what others are doing, when it's not blatant griefing.

Q8D3vil

It's ARAM and who cares what people build and all, but seriously, why would you build Abyssal on Wukong?

What? It's the tree that seems the most nerfed to me.

nerfed for top lane only( and jungle to some extent), going all in now is a lot harder since taking damage from minions will fuck you up real bad.
but look at the reduced slows and crowd controls effects masteries and imagine then high tier bruisers like irelia (add her passive to the equation too).
She will be insane since her early game is bad but you cant go all in on her without taking tons of damage from minions and she can easily escape from your slows and stuns.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I agree with the not wanting to lose part, but I'm not suddenly going to report AD fiddle or AD Lulu in a random game like ARAM. It just seems dumb to care that much for what others are doing, when it's not blatant griefing.
There's nothing wrong with AD Lulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom