• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh. She can shield saplings and stun after his root is cast and Q away. Riven can avoid a lot of the damage while taking no hits to any resource unlike Mao's mana costs.

Throwing out random saplings to be E'd is a bad idea though. I only use the root for ganks with the jungler. Pretty much farm harder and stuff trades with Q. You can also setup saplings so they can't be dodged. The shield was never an issue in my experience.

Blizzard

Banned
Quick Syndra question, though I haven't seen anyone using her in my games yet. Is her skin actually designed so that the orbs are harder to see than the default skin? I thought I saw a note about that but I'm not sure if it was a joke or serious.

zkylon

zkylewd
Quick Syndra question, though I haven't seen anyone using her in my games yet. Is her skin actually designed so that the orbs are harder to see than the default skin? I thought I saw a note about that but I'm not sure if it was a joke or serious.
I doubt they specifically designed it for it, but it sure is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Support Masteries?

AP runes?

NO PROBLEM FOR NASUS.
iPmuqc9Vj3a82.png

Ken

Yellow orbs contrast poorly with the ground.

scy

It's so annoying. It's also annoying that it's hard to grab orbs with her W in the middle of minions :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Today I discovered that creeps and tower do not attack jungle creeps.

My dreams of pulling lanes with Syndra, crushed.

XeroSauce

Throwing out random saplings to be E'd is a bad idea though. I only use the root for ganks with the jungler. Pretty much farm harder and stuff trades with Q. You can also setup saplings so they can't be dodged. The shield was never an issue in my experience.

I'll be honest, I barely ever see lane Mao's, and I've only fought one once, and beat him handily. I just had more presence then him because he didn't do too much damage outside of the saplings. So I'm speaking from limited experience, but even in my head, I can't imagine Maokai of all people to beat Riven.

I'll be honest, I barely ever see lane Mao's, and I've only fought one once, and beat him handily. I just had more presence then him because he didn't do too much damage outside of the saplings. So I'm speaking from limited experience, but even in my head, I can't imagine Maokai of all people to beat Riven.

I'm just saying from my experience, if you play the lane right, which involves not spamming saplings whenever they come off of cooldown which I see many mao's do, you can win it.

scy

Riven has a gap close and a strong early game. Rumble folds under pressure and has a bad start. It's pretty easy to go QW and just get the early kill (and/or force a Flash). It's a pretty easy match up unless the Riven is bad.

Edit: Not say a Rumble can't win it, I'm just speaking from my experience as a Riven main. Rumble has a bad early game and champs that can low level pressure can really shut him down. Granted, I may have been playing nothing but bad Rumbles (and/or I'm a better top player than I give myself credit for) but it's not a match up that frightens me at all.

XeroSauce

I rescind my earlier comments on Maokai top.

Jungle only.

>3

Riven also doesn't have a problem against Rumble unless:

-She gets level 2 ganked and he gets a kill/assist, from which he gets a revolver
-He plays safe until he gets revolver and can trade properly

Ferga

I'm not sure yet. DFG means that you want to initiate with it and then go into a quick burst rotation typically. So it comes down to whether or not you're going to try and play her where you're setting up the 6-hit ults or just going to try and single rotation burst down a target. Though, 19% CDR (39% with blue buff) does mean that you'll most likely be able to DFG + Q + W + Q + R + E which isn't exactly a bad setup.

The main focus for my theory of Syndra play would be getting as close to your opponent (this is in laning so a 1v1), slow them and then be able to push them away from their turret and possibly stunning them in the process.

So I was thinking more, DFG - Q (position this sphere so you can try stun them) - W - E - Q - R Then ignite if you have it.

My problem with putting Maokai against bruisers is that he cannot trade without blowing a ton of mana and his sustain is not that great.

His passive is nice, but the fact that doing his full combo in lane will leave you with like less than half mana means it's not that great. Probably better to put people top who can actually do that without needs to recall every time for mana.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am losing all my games today. Here's the PBE changes anyways.
>Vayne - Movement Speed is now 305 (Up from 300)
>Caitlyn - Piltover Peacemaker [ Q ]: Now deals 10% (Down from 15) less damage to each subsequent target down to a minimum of 50% (Up from 40%)
>Jayce - Thundering Blow / Acceleration Gate [ E ]: Mana cost is now 40/50/60/70/80 Mana (Change from 40 mana)
>Miss Fortune - Bullet Time [ R ]: Now cost 100 mana (down from 150)
>Miss Fortune - Strut [ Passive ]: Now happens after 5 seconds of not being attacked (down from 7)
>Rengar Battle Roar [ W ]- Now increased by (+0.8AP) (down from (+1AP))
>Rengar Savagery [ Q ]: Now Deals 30/60/90/120/150 (Up from 30/55/80/105/130 )
>Rengar Thrill of the Hunt [ R ]: Now Gains 20/25/30 % Movement Speed (Up from 10/15/20 %)
>Vladimir Tides of Blood [ E ]: Now deals 60/85/110/135/160 (Changed from 60/90/120/150/180 )
>Wukong Crushing Blow [ Q ]: Now also gains 125 Attack Range.
>Yorick Omen of Pestilence [ W ]: Now costs 55/60/65/70/75 Mana (Changed from 40/45/50/55/60 Mana)
>Ziggs Mega Inferno Bomb [ R ] Enemies further away take 80 % damage. (up from 75 % )

Q8D3vil

So to improve Rengar they...nerfed his W? Were the people complaining about AP Rengar really that bad off? :p
i tried him yesterday and the day before.
he is broken, he can do at least 3000 damage late game with 2 shouts to the enemy team while killing the adc carry.

Is there any reason to play anyone other than Darius top? All the ones I've seen built like one defensive item and boots and became almost unkillable and proceeded to destroy everything.

Q8D3vil

Is there any reason to play anyone other than Darius top? All the ones I've seen built like one defensive item and boots and became almost unkillable and proceeded to destroy everything.
his scaling is not that good except his ultimate, easy to kite and cc very easily.
you want your top lane to destroy the enemy carry in team fight, but darius need to go through all the champion until he reach the adc (unlike other tops like irelia, jarvan and olaf).

he is the kind of champion that either destroy or get destroyed. he can come back by stealing kills from team mates, but if he did that it will make his team weaker.

scy

That can't be all the changes to Rengar planned. Tweaking his passive was one of the big things mentioned to be coming.

Edit: I don't disagree with Froggen for the most part on Syndra. I say her damage is fine in theory but the setup of it is absurd so actually getting it off is incredibly hard. Especially if you're going to try assassinating the carry with her. She needs some adjustments for her team fighting presence and some tweaks to help in lane (range, area of effect, mana costs, something).

Volimar

Solomid invitational today if you're looking for something to watch:

http://solomid.net/brackets.php

A (This match will be streamed)
TSM
Meat Playground
Sep 15, 2:00pm ET

B Orbit Gaming
BYE

C Team Dynamic
DirtNapGaming

D mMe.Ferus
UnderRated

Volimar

They're outperforming the Morgana bomb. Support fiddle didn't work so great in teamfights lol. Hope Regi goes Karthus next match.

lol TSM only making 2 bans?

edit - yep, Karthus. Now get Singed Dyrus. :p

And another heimer troll. Poor guy gets no respect.

zkylon

zkylewd
Am I the only guy that hates TSM's guts? They're good, but no eyebrows Reginald and pillow-fucker Dyrus bring the worst in me lol...

Volimar

Am I the only guy that hates TSM's guts? They're good, but no eyebrows Reginald and pillow-fucker Dyrus bring the worst in me lol...

I like them okay. I like most of the pros I see play unless they do or say something offensive. Mostly, I like the pros that play the champs that I like or have pretty good personalities. Dyrus plays Singed, Dan Dinh plays Heimer, Scarra is Scarra, etc.

Volimar

Apparently the special event/razer/holiday runes aren't working right now. If you have them in your pages, you may want to switch them out until they get fixed.

mercviper

Apparently the special event/razer/holiday runes aren't working right now. If you have them in your pages, you may want to switch them out until they get fixed.

I thought it was weird I didn't have the extra move speed on my jungle page last night... Glad to know I wasn't crazy

Blizzard

Banned
i hate them but i cant deny that they are the best team in NA by huge margin.
Yeah, they seem to outplay everyone except Azubu Blaze, but I really wish they weren't jerks about it.

Darn, I have two Halloween movespeed quints, and I'm trying to save IP for the rune page sale. D:

Swig_

Sometimes I wonder why I play ranked. Support doesn't ward, jungle NEVER ganks, yet as the ADC, somehow it is my fault that we lose. Hmm.

Yay, -36 elo because my team doesn't understand basic gameplay concepts.

Swig_

Joined a new game and my team starts fighting in Champ select and one chooses Heimer to troll with since they're making him feel bad.

My god.

I got that game dropping bullshit for the second time today. Getting really fucking annoying, especially when I'm grinding for those rune pages....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom