• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

BATTLE ROYALE: iG (current kings) v Azubu.Frost
VOD: http://ko.twitch.tv/nicegametv/b/332022126

Game 5 is highly recommended and starts at 4:54:25, the other games in the set aren't must watches by any stretch.

I think it would add an interesting element to tournaments if they included a blind pick match for the tie breaker or something. That would let the viewers possibly see the pros play what they're "known" for since that was an issue in the recent bans debate. Great game so far, still watching it.

brian!

I think it would add an interesting element to tournaments if they included a blind pick match for the tie breaker or something. That would let the viewers possibly see the pros play what they're "known" for since that was an issue in the recent bans debate. Great game so far, still watching it.

;_;

zkylon

zkylewd
7 days to make 5200 IP for the two rune pages. I don't see me getting there, but I'll try. If I don't make it, I'll just RP them. Such good value right now.

Ferga

7 days to make 5200 IP for the two rune pages. I don't see me getting there, but I'll try. If I don't make it, I'll just RP them. Such good value right now.

wait, there's a timer on it?!

I thought it was forever

Better save up

brian!

so the nature of top

like if I pick a rumble or jax into vlad, and there is 0 presence from the jungler, and I am initially camped by their jungler, this essentially means I will become the vlad's bitch. it means a character that scales incredibly well will have free reign. if I am to trade as one of those characters I need to kind of commit, to go into melee range; it is incredibly hard to do this when I have a fear of their jungle and they have absolutely no fear of mine. even if their jungler isn't present I will have some notion that their jungler cares about top; I could ward the river AND the brush, but this will allow the opposing top to get ahead, and in top that is pretty much a death sentence.

BUT

if my jungler shows his face even once, that puts the other jungler on edge. it allows for better trades, for more even cs, etc. So I understand that the jungler may be needed elsewhere, but there has to be some middle ground. The jungler needs to equalize the pressure put on the lanes. This can be done by appearing in lane, by counter-jungling, by camping a different lane, any of those things. In the beginning stages of the game the jungler needs to AFFECT the flow of the game.

JUST SAYING

Ferga

so the nature of top

like if I pick a rumble or jax into vlad, and there is 0 presence from the jungler, and I am initially camped by their jungler, this essentially means I will become the vlad's bitch. it means a character that scales incredibly well will have free reign. if I am to trade as one of those characters I need to kind of commit, to go into melee range; it is incredibly hard to do this when I have a fear of their jungle and they have absolutely no fear of mine. even if their jungler isn't present I will have some notion that their jungler cares about top; I could ward the river AND the brush, but this will allow the opposing top to get ahead, and in top that is pretty much a death sentence.

BUT

if my jungler shows his face even once, that puts the other jungler on edge. it allows for better trades, for more even cs, etc. So I understand that the jungler may be needed elsewhere, but there has to be some middle ground. The jungler needs to equalize the pressure put on the lanes. This can be done by appearing in lane, by counter-jungling, by camping a different lane, any of those things. In the beginning stages of the game the jungler needs to AFFECT the flow of the game.

JUST SAYING

+1

Avoid the mindset of "I CAN'T KILL HIM SO I WON'T GANK TOP" as a jungler and you should be fine.

But then again, dragon control is more important than control over top at a certain point.

so the nature of top

BUT

JUST SAYING

I liked playin with you dude.

Ferga

Grats on getting Borderland 2....... and marriage =p

I am preparing for my final ranked "heaven or hell" grind. I should e-mail support and ask for orianna's social security number, that way I can put her in my tax return. Dat deductible.

------------------
Just PSA: This is probably a bad time to go for ranked, especially today and this weekend. Everyone and their mom that got beat up in ranked is coming back for a final charge, wait a week or so, and make sure never play in a weekend or during 9-5 work hours.

By the way, you get the elo reward depending on your highest elo gained. So you can go bronze and you'll still get your gold rewards.

See you at 1500 elo kiunch.

And we should grind the nagaf ranked 5 to get the gold reward for everyone :)

Ken

Wait, where is this mentioned? I literally had like 9300 IP earlier today...

On their site.

Here at Riot Games we know the value of a good book – especially if that book happens to be loaded with powerful arcane runes. So to help you get the most out of your seals, marks, glyphs, and quintessences, we’re holding a sale on Rune Pages.

Between September 13th and September 20th you’ll receive two rune pages for the price of one on purchases made with either RP or IP.

zkylon

zkylewd
The rune page still shows as 6300 for one in the store, for me...or does it not take effect until AFTER today?
In the store, under "bundles" there should be two new items, one for two rune pages bought with IP and the other with RP.

First Syndra I get in my team, ends up 6 14 9, feeds Katarina, doesn't call mias, engages outside of tower. Jeez...

Blizzard

Banned
In the store, under "bundles" there should be two new items, one for two rune pages bought with IP and the other with RP.

First Syndra I get in my team, ends up 6 14 9, feeds Katarina, doesn't call mias, engages outside of tower. Jeez...
Sweet, I see 2 bundles for 6300, thanks. I only need 3300 to get back there so I have a chance maybe.

Ken

I fed a Brand.

I think she has potential though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I fed a Brand.

I think she has potential though.
I'm cool, I don't mind if you suck and you feed, but really don't engage outside of one of the base towers when you know they have a fed Kat and Sivir and throw the game :/

Neki

What happened to Dota2?

Rage uninstall?

Nah, been playing League since it's supposed to be less stressful (which it is when playing with gaffers), but pubs are the worst in League, I can't duo queue with my friend without someone shitting on me for not playing properly.

Why don't you play DotA 2 PoorFate?

And I agree, Syndra mid seems pathetic right now. I've seen her lose mid 4 times now, (one of those losses was to Lux mid though).

Blizzard

Banned
So guys, Orianna is GlaDOS, right?
I agree with this.

Also, I feel like I've been doing pretty consistently well with Eve over the last few games:
eve4pesdx.png

Unfortunately sometimes you just can't carry hard enough...or maybe you can, but I wasn't good enough. The first of those games was a 4v5 because of a level 9 ragequit, and the last of them had one of the worst Vayne's I've seen in ages. They fed Varas AND kept somehow being at the front of the team and half engaging to lose fights. We still almost had a chance but in the end the other team was as a whole better than us.

What does that mean? :p

When Lee Sin first came out there was much excitement because the fabled blind monk was finally here.

Alas he didn't do tons of damage up front and people quickly threw him in garbage tier.

Slowly, after some months, people saw that it wasn't his damage output that made him great but his power through mobility.

Suddenly, 3 nerfs in a row (4 maybe).

I believe that Syndra will be a hero that will take some weeks to master then at a random tourny people will go "0_0" at a pro player that stomps the enemy team.

Then the Syndra nerfs will come.

----

Oh yeah then you'll see a post by most Gaffers saying how they all knew how OP she always was.

:p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Syndra is OP calling it now you heard it here first etc.

Neki

I'll say she's useless until someone says she's overpowered then I'll say she'll be overpowered when she is overpowered then Riot will nerf her and then she'll be useless again.

Frankly my dear Legato, I don't give a damn if she's a good hero or not.

Snowman

Probably gonna buy syndra and her skin tomorrow cause fuck it. See if she's any good, I can usually make any AP champs work when I play with my friends so it should be fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Sadly I'm predicting Eve will get nerfed back next major patch, since she's moved up towards 10% pick rate and 50-55% win rate through various ranked and normal levels. :(

Nah, been playing League since it's supposed to be less stressful (which it is when playing with gaffers), but pubs are the worst in League, I can't duo queue with my friend without someone shitting on me for not playing properly.

Why don't you play DotA 2 PoorFate?

And I agree, Syndra mid seems pathetic right now. I've seen her lose mid 4 times now, (one of those losses was to Lux mid though).

I stopped playing Dota2 because the pubs jerk themselves off after winning one teamfight and throw the game instead of pushing and winning.

I was seeing this so often that I just stopped playing.

In League people are pretty good about pushing once team fights are won and the throws are few. Of course there are trade offs, like encountering more bm players. But if it results in a win then it's worth it imo.

I'll say she's useless until someone says she's overpowered then I'll say she'll be overpowered when she is overpowered then Riot will nerf her and then she'll be useless again.

Frankly my dear Legato, I don't give a damn if she's a good hero or not.

no u

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom