• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know ppl took ARAMs that seriously. Isn't it like the "I'm tired of every other mode" mode, and just to fool around?

You don't have to try hard in ARAM's like you might in a ranked game. If you are going to build random items you should probably tell your team that to see if they are comfortable with it.

But if you intentionally build items that do nothing for your character or team (ie Abyssal on Wukong is basically flushing gold down the toilet), then you are essentially condemning them to a poor fate.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As in, she's a very fun champion to play. Probably one of the most fun champions Riot has ever designed. I have no idea how viable she is in mid though.

inky

Well that's true, you never know if the other guy is really clueless or just trolling you hard.

Edit: So, is a 1 day IP boost a good investment? Like, to just buy a saturday and marathon through it to see how much I can get?

Haly

Keep in mind that for some people, winning is the only way they can have fun, no matter what they're actually doing.

Yesterday I got flamed uberhard by a Soraka in Dominion for not building straight tank as Amumu. The level salt surpasses anything I've ever experienced in HoN, DOTA and LoL.

scy

Expand please :)

As in, she's a very fun champion to play. Probably one of the most fun champions Riot has ever designed. I have no idea how viable she is in mid though.

She's still a very solid AP Mid that works well in a lot of team comps that need a diving-in sort of burst. She has a good laning phase and takes advantage of a lot of match ups (notable one being Katarina's nightmare in lane). She has good enough wave clear with her Q and passive and her roaming potential is rather high as well.

Also, the moon.

Haly

She will punish you!

(I should mention that she's like an Akali with utility, and doesn't melt if a bruiser so much as looks at her.)

Ferrio

Banned
She has the easiest lane clear after her first item.

One Q and a shield will clear a wave easily. Then go roam for fun and profit.

One of the best chases in the game too. Ult + E, watch your team devour someone.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
nerfed for top lane only( and jungle to some extent), going all in now is a lot harder since taking damage from minions will fuck you up real bad.
but look at the reduced slows and crowd controls effects masteries and imagine then high tier bruisers like irelia (add her passive to the equation too).
She will be insane since her early game is bad but you cant go all in on her without taking tons of damage from minions and she can easily escape from your slows and stuns.
I really don't think the slow and CC reduction are that big of a deal. Juggernaut at the end of the tree right now is already giving you 3% health increase and 10% CC/disable reduction. Costs one point. Now you buy in for 4% health and 15% CC reduction for six points.

mercviper

Frozen Fist
Resistance oriented version of Sheen
Recipe: Sheen + Glacial Shroud
Passive: After using an ability, your next attack deals physical damage equal to 125% of your base attack damage to surrounding enemies. This leaves an icy field that slows enemy movement speed by X% for Y seconds.

Mercurial Scimitar
High End Magic Resistance / Attack Damage Item
Recipe: Quicksilver Sash + B.F. Sword
Active: Cleanses all debuffs from your character. If your character is melee, he gains 100% movement speed for 1 second.

I really want to play Skarner with these.

Ferrio

Banned
I really don't think the slow and CC reduction are that big of a deal. Juggernaut at the end of the tree right now is already giving you 3% health increase and 10% CC/disable reduction. Costs one point. Now you buy in for 4% health and 15% CC reduction for six points.

I think it's less about the defensive tree being great, and more about the offensive tree being pretty shitty.

mercviper

I think it's less about the defensive tree being great, and more about the offensive tree being pretty shitty.

After a quick glance at the trees, they all look shitty to me.

Edit: by this I mean that the only exciting mastery is artifacer (artificer?) and it sucks to see only nerfs as changes to current masteries.

Ferrio

Banned
After a quick glance at the trees, they all look shitty to me.

The critical strike ones is pretty amazing. Best one in the tree. The slows and cc one being lower in the tree means more offensive characters can take advantage of it, without totally investing everything in the tree. Something I might do with riven.

Q8D3vil

your right, i forgot s2 masteries and now when i compared season 3 seems to be worse.
at least the utility seems to be nice now for supports.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It's ARAM and who cares what people build and all, but seriously, why would you build Abyssal on Wukong?

What? It's the tree that seems the most nerfed to me.

10% reduction on critical strike is a big deal, considering that most damages from ad carry are critical strike. 5 damage reduction from champion auto + doran shield mean a lot of melee champion that were weak against range in top lane finally had a chance to do something.

Offense mastery looks the same as the old one, the only difference is spellsword, and the only thing I missed not going 21/0/9 is the 5% bonus damage at the end. Then again the 10% attack speed after crit is pretty fun too....

Utility is the only one that's gimped to hell, 10% cdr on summoner and the 15% cdr on item activate shouldn't be in the first 9 points. The useless 3% spellvamp is bury too deep into the mastery instead.

Ferrio

Banned
10% reduction on critical strike is a big deal, considering that most damages from ad carry are critical strike. 5 damage reduction from champion auto + doran shield mean a lot of melee champion that were weak against range in top lane finally had a chance to do something.

Offense mastery looks the same as the old one, the only difference is spellsword, and the only thing I missed not going 21/0/9 is the 5% bonus damage at the end. Then again the 10% attack speed after crit is pretty fun too....

Utility is the only one that's gimped to hell, 10% cdr on summoner and the 15% cdr on item activate shouldn't be in the first 9 points. The useless 3% spellvamp is bury too deep into the mastery instead.

Offensive mastery is shitty for anyone that isn't an AP mid or ADC past 9 points.

zkylon

zkylewd
OK

jLqgMqdbUFBKp.jpg

JEEZ

(Akali with utility is what got me)

Join queue, call top first. Next person picks chogath ten seconds later, "Top or feed". Ok someone left queue, dodged that bullet. Next queue, call top again and pick. Next person decides they're playing voli bear no matter what so support voli, someone leaves. Join queue again after waiting a few minutes, call top. Next person "top or feed". GG league you've actually convinced me not to play you before even joining a game.

Join queue, call top first. Next person picks chogath ten seconds later, "Top or feed". Ok someone left queue, dodged that bullet. Next queue, call top again and pick. Next person decides they're playing voli bear no matter what so support voli, someone leaves. Join queue again after waiting a few minutes, call top. Next person "top or feed". GG league you've actually convinced me not to play you before even joining a game.

The curse of solo queue.

Ferrio

Banned

Good reason to learn all roles.

Ken

I'm going to do that today. "Zed or Feed."

zkylon

zkylewd
The funny thing is that these people are often terrible so it's basically just "Feed or Feed". Or its rare cousin "Throw or Feed".

Longer version: you're fine to buy it if you feel like you want something right away (sometimes you just need 2k IP to get to that champion or rune page or whatever) and you'll get a nice amount of IP, but it's not cost-efficient in the slightest, specially compared to buying champs outright with RP. Still, for 3 bucks and an afternoon of LoLing, it's not really a bad idea.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/thebirdofprey/20278-ip-boost-efficiency
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2335941

Ferrio

Banned
Its not so much that as the general community being complete garbage. I stop playing for a few weeks and forget about the shitheads you have to put up with to play this game, just not worth it.

All communities are garbage, you just gotta wade through it until you get to the good stuff.

scy

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

In ideal situations for range it'd be 6gp10,10gp10 for melee. I'm guessing it'd average around 1gp10 if you're lucky.

Put it in perspective with everything else. Pickpocket is one point for 3 GP10 per auto attack for Ranged; Greed is four points for 2 GP10. It's an absurdly efficient mastery. Even at, say, four total auto attacks a minute, that means it's still as good as a single point of Greed (12GP60 or .5GP10). Utility offers a lot of bang for your buck masteries at the start of the game and generally improves gold flow.

Likewise, Spellblade in Offense is very efficient for APs and Frenzy is the same for ADCs. Bruisers get fairly good returns out of 9/21/0 where you can enter top lane with something around 50% Damage Reduction, Slow Reduction, and Tenacity.

AD Assassins feel the worst off at getting something out of Offense (hard pressed to go beyond 9, 12, or 14) but they still benefit greatly from being allowed to lane safer. This does kind of put them in a weird state of going the bruiser mastery route but, hey, this does help them out tremendously in lane for trades.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Pick order > call order

Ferrio

Banned
Well comparing it to greed which sucks hardcore isn't doing it any favors.

To me, past the laning phase pickpocket does shit. I'd say 4 procs of it per minute is being really really generous. I think greed might win it out by the end of the game. (need 40 procs to beat 1 point greed in a 40 minute game).

Spellblade is amazing I agree.. last hitting won't suck so hardcore on aps anymore.

I see it as more of a request than anything. If you get it, then good. If not, then roll with the punches and go from there.

Good thing no one asks for support.

inky

Longer version: you're fine to buy it if you feel like you want something right away (sometimes you just need 2k IP to get to that champion or rune page or whatever) and you'll get a nice amount of IP, but it's not cost-efficient in the slightest, specially compared to buying champs outright with RP. Still, for 3 bucks and an afternoon of LoLing, it's not really a bad idea.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/thebirdofprey/20278-ip-boost-efficiency
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2335941

Yep, I kinda figured it would work out like that. I have around 30 champs, and have a list of like 10 others I want to buy (sitting on around 2.8k RP atm + 7k IP) plus runes and all. It's just the waiting for a sale thing why I am even considering this, but in the end for the amount of time I play it doesn't seem worth it.

Thanks again.

Ken

kjoonha0509: can i mid?
Anduril16000: can you?
kjoonha0509: can i solo top?
kjoonha0509: can i solo top?
kjoonha0509: whos support?
Anduril16000: i'll top
kjoonha0509: than i will adc
Anduril16000: fine
kjoonha0509: or is anyone wanna support?
kjoonha0509: whos support?
Corgi the Chloe: you
kjoonha0509: ?
kjoonha0509: ...
kjoonha0509: i suck at it
Corgi the Chloe: and?
kjoonha0509: iight
kjoonha0509: nunu or soraka?
kjoonha0509: or tf

And now I pick Sona because I don't feel like leaving the ADC with TF support even though he was last pick.

scy

Well comparing it to greed which sucks hardcore isn't doing it any favors.

True but it's the easiest comparison: Both are GP10 masteries.

To me, past the laning phase pickpocket does shit. I'd say 4 procs of it per minute is being really really generous. I think greed might win it out by the end of the game. (need 40 procs to beat 1 point greed in a 40 minute game).

Pickpocket isn't meant for beyond the laning phase. Greed will eventually win out (or at least be more useful) but Pickpocket is meant to reward Supports that auto harass in laning phase by getting them more gold to help them get their big support items (or other GP10 items) faster. Considering how small most mastery points are (many hover around the 30-ish gold mark for effective value), Pickpocket can reasonably earn 2-5 (or more) times that. That's not too bad for a single point.

Edit: Whether Pickpocket is worth the investment into Utility that deep is another matter, I suppose. Personally, I think it is. Getting 50-150+ gold out of it isn't a bad thing.

This basically means a Support having an extra 500 Gold via Greed, Wealth, and Pickpocket in a game. Combined with the extra 3 passive GP10, that's basically an entire full item extra for them. And that's before factoring the potential benefit from, say, Sightstone.

Musician

Hey! Any gaffers on EU-East/Nordic? Been playing league for half a year now, made it to 30 and mostly enjoy trolling the enemy team with Karthus' ultimate.

Solo queue is unfortunately losing its charm...

If there aren't any EUN players, does anyone know of any places to find players to play with? The LFG in-game hasn't been very helpful, unfortunately.

Ferrio

Banned
I thought that too but I've had multiple instances where entire teams have told me to switch because "he called it first". So now I call it

This Order > Call is great and all if everyone is able to do every role and have appropriate champions. That's rarely the case. Snagging someone's top when they called it might fuck over your team more than just letting them have it. Some people just play highly specialized (which is stupid but they do), and snubbing them cause they're last might not be in your best interest.

Noshino

Yeah all the new support stuff looks super sexy.

I still have no idea what Black Mamba is besides a Kobe reference. I guess I'll find out tonight.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERC

ilu

"Start the game with a regenerative biscuit."

I ll take 2 plis

There's nothing wrong with AD Lulu.

You are such a Lulu shill

I see it as more of a request than anything. If you get it, then good. If not, then roll with the punches and go from there.

Good thing no one asks for support.

>_>

Q8D3vil

Hey! Any gaffers on EU-East/Nordic? Been playing league for half a year now, made it to 30 and mostly enjoy trolling the enemy team with Karthus' ultimate.

Solo queue is unfortunately losing its charm...

If there aren't any EUN players, does anyone know of any places to find players to play with? The LFG in-game hasn't been very helpful, unfortunately.

i play in eune, we are probably the only one who play there, i started half year ago too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom