• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Define early game. Is it your first item? That's 2200 Gold for three crits with no AD behind it. The Attack Speed is shut off while the item is on cooldown. So we're looking at 2200 Gold for +145% ASPD for 3 crits, no stats at all when down. Compare this to a laner that went Doran's + BF Sword instead. 55 AD is roughly a 50% boost to your base AD anyway, effectively getting you a better damage per gold spent ratio and with less downtime. And the +Crit% of the item gets worse, gold efficiency wise, as you get more base Crit% as well.

In a perfect world, SotD makes some sense in a full build as it gives them the potential to completely remove one character from a fight practically instantly. The question becomes when do you get it. Before IE? PD? BT? GA? LW? RH*? What about Zephyr for the AD/ASPD/CDR/Movement? Statikk Shiv for the proc that crits (and charges build up when using gap closers like Tumble)? That's basically where I'm thinking on it from: When would you even get this item?

The stats of SotD make the most sense for someone with a massive amount of AD and minimal ASPD/Crit% that wants to convert that to more damage (e.g., 400 AD Zed becomes ~2040 pre-Armor damage), not someone that has AD/ASPD/Crit% anyway. At least, that's the way I see it. That said, there probably will be kill lane setups where you could get it first to try and make magic happen (Blitzcrank, Leona) with the sudden burst. But, generally speaking, it's more meant for AD Assassins.

On that note, Zed and Fiora may be the two best SotD users if only for the AD%/flat AD built in their kits to let them get to higher AD values with less items. Basically, Fiora can get away with a Mercurial Scimitar + SotD build. Lunge in, Burst of Speed + SotD to melt a carry, Ult someone else, pop Mercurial to get out (if not needed to Cleanse a CC on the engage). If fed, you can add Tiamat/Hydra into that to even get some splash in there, though LW or Cleaver would probably be better. Gives her a legitimate reason to look at 19/11 or 21/9 instead of 9/21 (which would be more of a BT + BotRK + Tiamat/Hydra setup).

Regardless, I'm looking forward to all the experimenting to be done. Should be good times, even if I'll just play the same champ every game anyway.

*Why do both Ravenous Hydra and Runaan's Hurricane share this acronym? >>

say 12-23 minutes where I got a bt and zeal in to pd setup may not be what I want. BT and SOTD will be decent damage. I rarely think of gold like that unless I have too I think of potential. 3 crits with that as plus my other steriods is huge that turns a maybe half health or 75% in to a sure thing. No other item can give me that with a bt at that point.

Ferrio

Banned
Bittersweet Lulu.

I hate lulu.

Think I need a adc. I really lack those, and my weakest position overall. Cait is sorta cheap I guess... Right now I have
Ashe - it's ashe
Draven - seem to do well with him
Vayne i do terrible in lane with her usually... get zoned so hard
Tris - hate her kit..

Blizzard

Banned
i bought him with ip, i think im gonna buy his skin now.
hated him in the first 3 days but now he is growing on me even though i hate his attack animations but last hitting with him is so satisfying.
Does his passive apply to minions? Either that (or more likely, I'm dumb and it's because I'm stacking AD items) makes last hitting very easy. I think I beat pretty much everyone in farm.

Of course the downside is they beat me in kills and wins. I think I agree with Corgi in that if your team is also decent, that's nice, but if your team isn't doing well, even a dominating Zed is unlikely to carry. The ult only hits a single person in a teamfight, the Q and E are unlikely to kill people besides the person you ulted, and once all that is done, you're kind of like a squishy Master Yi/Tryndamere in the middle of a fight, but you don't have the benefits of crits/attack speed/resetting abilities/invincibility like they do. I suppose something similar is true of Talon (but he's probably rarely played).

I'm Sitting on 12k ip and 1100 rp. I need something.... nami you're taking too long!
Buy all the Master Yi skins!

About ADC, ask yourself what you hate about the ones you hate, and/or ask yourself what aspect of ADC you struggle with. If you struggle with last hitting, for instance, maybe that's easier with some ADC's than others, but Ashe should still be quite good for practicing that aspect, plus she can help in teamfights.

I hate lulu.

Think I need a adc. I really lack those, and my weakest position overall. Cait is sorta cheap I guess... Right now I have
Ashe - it's ashe
Tris - hate her kit..

Varus

They nerfed his walk but he's still good.

Ferrio

Banned
About ADC, ask yourself what you hate about the ones you hate, and/or ask yourself what aspect of ADC you struggle with. If you struggle with last hitting, for instance, maybe that's easier with some ADC's than others, but Ashe should still be quite good for practicing that aspect, plus she can help in teamfights.

Fine with last hitting. Positioning is what kills me I think.

Q8D3vil

Does his passive apply to minions? Either that (or more likely, I'm dumb and it's because I'm stacking AD items) makes last hitting very easy. I think I beat pretty much everyone in farm.

Of course the downside is they beat me in kills and wins. I think I agree with Corgi in that if your team is also decent, that's nice, but if your team isn't doing well, even a dominating Zed is unlikely to carry. The ult only hits a single person in a teamfight, the Q and E are unlikely to kill people besides the person you ulted, and once all that is done, you're kind of like a squishy Master Yi/Tryndamere in the middle of a fight, but you don't have the benefits of crits/attack speed/resetting abilities/invincibility like they do. I suppose something similar is true of Talon (but he's probably rarely played).
his passive applies to everything. Zed needs either a team with cc's or aoe damage.
right now i go boots > 2 dorans > situational item (phage/hex/bruta)>BT>GA or frozen mallet for the passive and health.

zed is better than talon mainly because he can farm like a boss without mana constraint holding him back.

garath

I hate lulu.

Ashe - it's ashe
Tris - hate her kit..

Miss Fortune is my favorite ADC by far. Her early game poke is strong and her passive lets her run fast back to the lane after you die :p

But seriously, strong early game. Waiting patiently for a sale on her mafia skin.

scy

zed is better than talon mainly because he can farm like a boss without mana constraint holding him back.

Zed's ability to farm is ridiculous. I think my first Zed game I had basically perfect cs with him. It's just completely crazy.

Miss Fortune is my favorite ADC by far. Her early game poke is strong and her passive lets her run fast back to the lane after you die :p

But seriously, strong early game. Waiting patiently for a sale on her mafia skin.

I have ~12k IP waiting for when a Caitlyn or MF skin goes on sale that I want. Then I will buy them and the skin
and never play them

Though, I need to buy some quints for Season 3 so probably not 12k anymore.

Edit: Meh, probably fake anyway. Just removing it for now~

Blitzzz

Zed's ability to farm is ridiculous. I think my first Zed game I had basically perfect cs with him. It's just completely crazy.

I have ~12k IP waiting for when a Caitlyn or MF skin goes on sale that I want. Then I will buy them and the skin
and never play them

Though, I need to buy some quints for Season 3 so probably not 12k anymore.

Edit: Meh, probably fake anyway. Just removing it for now~

from the reddit thread...fake source?
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs21/f/2007/309/2/2/Anima__Claire_by_Wen_M.jpg

Cathcart

I hate lulu.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

My goal for the weekend is to work on jungling. Right now I'm in a lot of normal games where nobody wants to jungle. I wouldn't mind doing it but I just haven't practiced on any characters. Thinking about starting with Rammus, Dianna, and maybe Amumu. Which reminds me, if anyone needs someone killed I will gladly take care of it in exchange for Regifted Amumu. Because come on.

My goal for the weekend is to work on jungling. Right now I'm in a lot of normal games where nobody wants to jungle. I wouldn't mind doing it but I just haven't practiced on any characters. Thinking about starting with Rammus, Dianna, and maybe Amumu. Which reminds me, if anyone needs someone killed I will gladly take care of it in exchange for Regifted Amumu. Because come on.

Yea, I really wish I bought that skin when it was out. But I forced myself not too because I had Pharaoh already, but its pretty funny seeing the block headed Amumu running around.

Q8D3vil

SV said the new champion will probably be his favorite lol champion, so expect carry jungle with insane clear like shyvanna.

Ferrio

Banned

Don't jungle Diana, it's miserable.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does Shy need runes for jungling? I'm thinking of taking this week as a jungling-learning-marathon and just play her 24/7 in my smurf account.

I figure I'll do better if I like the champ I'm learning, even if it's a pretty terrible ganker.

Does Shy need runes for jungling? I'm thinking of taking this week as a jungling-learning-marathon and just play her 24/7 in my smurf account.

I figure I'll do better if I like the champ I'm learning, even if it's a pretty terrible ganker.

Probably not if you start with cloth+5pots, depends on your level though. Shes got a pretty easy clear.

EXGN

Ziggs is actually supposed to have a really good clear time as well, fastest AP champion from what I heard. I was always a fan of jungle Ziggs, so with more money in the jungle, I might actually pick him up again.

Q8D3vil

nah im not bad
Its not about being bad, bruisers can come and kill you while u take ur red or make u retreat and take it. I didnt even mention counter ganks.

Im probably thinking way over my head, but i think most people think that they just keep farming in the new jungle and buy super cool items instead of playing their characters in lanes and get destroyed.

Ferrio

Banned
That turns into a Dragon and jumps into walls.

She has a really good Season 3 clear, actually.

Her clear isn't her problem.

Problem (least for season 2) is her lack of gold. She can't gank realiably pre 6, so that's just farm time. After six you can get some good ganks, but you quickly fall behind due to gold restrictions. She lacks presence without the income she'd normally get in lane. She also has mana issues, and most likely you won't be taking blue after the first golem.

brian!

Its not about being bad, bruisers can come and kill you while u take ur red or make u retreat and take it. I didnt even mention counter ganks.

Im probably thinking way over my head, but i think most people think that they just keep farming in the new jungle and buy super cool items instead of playing their characters in lanes and get destroyed.

I mean we are both talking about hypothetical situations here. my ziggs post was mainly about how I had never thought about how nice ziggs, with aoe, a slow and a reposition, would be as a jungler, like it probably wouldn't work out in practice but it was also a way for me to broaden my way of thinking about the game. I'm pretty stuck in thinking about particular junglers in a particular jungle

so my b if I reacted kind of hostile to what I thought was basically a nothing post, like I understand why people wouldn't want people to try a ziggs jungle in their game.

Q8D3vil

I mean we are both talking about hypothetical situations here. my ziggs post was mainly about how I had never thought about how nice ziggs, with aoe, a slow and a reposition, would be as a jungler, like it probably wouldn't work out in practice but it was also a way for me to broaden my way of thinking about the game. I'm pretty stuck in thinking about particular junglers in a particular jungle

so my b if I reacted kind of hostile to what I thought was basically a nothing post, like I understand why people wouldn't want people to try a ziggs jungle in their game.
well, if you want to try some crazy jungling try ap rengar.
very slow first clear, but once you get amp tome you clear will be so damn fast.

scy

Problem (least for season 2) is her lack of gold. She can't gank realiably pre 6, so that's just farm time. After six you can get some good ganks, but you quickly fall behind due to gold restrictions. She lacks presence without the income she'd normally get in lane. She also has mana issues, and most likely you won't be taking blue after the first golem.

A few of the new Jungle items kind of try to solve the mana problem. And the gold in the Jungle is greater than before (granted, after 11 minutes). There's also the passive 3 GP10 increase along with less gold from minions in lane.

Until people get some actual games under their belt, it's hard to say one way or the other on the state of the jungle in Season 3.

brian!

A few of the new Jungle items kind of try to solve the mana problem. And the gold in the Jungle is greater than before (granted, after 11 minutes). There's also the passive 3 GP10 increase along with less gold from minions in lane.

Until people get some actual games under their belt, it's hard to say one way or the other on the state of the jungle in Season 3.

yeah I wonder how much the whole "jungler won't get as much gold as lane so champs must reflect this" meta will change, if at all

I mean like reliable gold, junglers that carry the shit out of a game through all stages can often get the most gold on their team but you can't really account for that

Ferrio

Banned

Right... but my original response and the original post was referring to the current game.

scy

Right... but my original response and the original post was referring to the current game.

I could've sworn your response to me didn't say Season 2.

Regardless, I was just saying that she has a good clear time in Season 3. Which actually is an important detail to keep in mind for the future. She may have her issues now but that won't necessarily hold true in a week or two.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
play ezrael, its like cheating when its come to positioning.

ezreal design meet:
a: flash is a good spell, right?
b: yeah
a: lets make it an e.
b: hmm.
a: whats wrong?
b: we should make it have longer range.
a: thats a good idea, and have it synergize with that flash mastery
b: the one that reduces by 15 seconds?
a: yeah, but instead this one will just be 15 seconds cooldown.
b: genius.
a: and it should do damage.
b: and he should have a skin except- skin-ier.
a: and he should build triforce!
b: we are so good at our jobs.

Ferrio

Banned
ezreal design meet:

Rex should rageblade him.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I hate lulu.

Ashe - it's ashe
Tris - hate her kit..

join team miss fortune.

Ignores puny american escapes in favour of go fast and real soviet damage.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
ezreal design meet:

Sounds about right. Except you forgot the Director's Cut of that.

a: we should also make it so it reduces cooldown because of Q.

EXGN

That problem doesn't sound unique to Ziggs though. The guy that composed the list I posted said 90 percent of junglers finish with critical hitpoints in the new jungle. He said even the likes of Mundo/Olaf/Shy would have to shop after red buff because they don't have enough HP to gank without being killed.

It sounds like the trade off in the new jungle is "fast clear, low health" or "slow clear, very healthy." Champions like WW, Lee, Fiddle, etc. stay health, but they finish a good 20 seconds after the fast clearers.

scy

That problem doesn't sound unique to Ziggs though. The guy that composed the list I posted said 90 percent of junglers finish with critical hitpoints in the new jungle. He said even the likes of Mundo/Olaf/Shy would have to shop after red buff because they don't have enough HP to gank without being killed.

Most of the junglers are practically dead to jungle minions on their solo clear. Like, Riven dips to one hit to dying. It's ridiculous(ly awesome, perhaps?)

It sounds like the trade off in the new jungle is "fast clear, low health" or "slow clear, very healthy." Champions like WW, Lee, Fiddle, etc. stay health, but they finish a good 20 seconds after the fast clearers.

There's a few exceptions. Nocturne has the fastest clear with the most health left over, for instance. AD Malzahar has a decent clear time (~3:45) with moderate health left. Zed apparently has an absurd clear speed as well.

It's also worth noting, this is with absolutely no outside assistance. Getting some help at wolves/blue will help some of the problems, though I imagine it will still be the same "can very easily die if counter jungled" situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom