• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Cause he's Jax. Just ask scy.

Eh, Jax is normally a pretty easy lane. Running 0 Armor vs a Jax, on the other hand...

But to answer it, Jax is getting scarier just by virtue of bruisers getting a bit better. On top of that, AD/AP being lowered in cost means his ult gives more Armor/MR for the same price as before. Coupled with the increase in Armor/MR costs as well makes his ult active just that much more efficient.

Besides that, Rageblade becomes a scarier dueling item for him and he synergizes really well with Blade of the Ruined King. Gunblade is improved a bit as well.

Ferga

Nothing of interest happened.

Phreak and Xypherous were discussing SotD in regards to AD itemization. SotD + Vayne was actually brought up and discussed for a bit. It's a pretty terrible item for her in the grand scheme of things unless you really want to build her as a one-and-done sort of Assassin.

I wanted it as only a lane item because there was no way anyone could escape a Vayne with 4 guaranteed crits in lane. I just wanted to experiment with it.

ezreal design meet:
a: flash is a good spell, right?
b: yeah
a: lets make it an e.
b: hmm.
a: whats wrong?
b: we should make it have longer range.
a: thats a good idea, and have it synergize with that flash mastery
b: the one that reduces by 15 seconds?
a: yeah, but instead this one will just be 15 seconds cooldown.
b: genius.
a: and it should do damage.
b: and he should have a skin except- skin-ier.
a: and he should build triforce!
b: we are so good at our jobs.

First time I played against Ezrael:

"I got him now his Flash is on CD!"

:(

Ferga

I like how someone on reddit said that poppy was broken on pbe because she could farm really well with tiamat.

Yeah. Tiamat. On poppy. Hah.

Ken

xObscenity: I can't support
xObscenity: soooo.
bati boy: im jungle
bati boy: -_-
xObscenity: welp
xObscenity: dunno then.
bati boy: go taric
bati boy: east to play
xObscenity: Don't own any supports.
SeanP123: Cho jungle.
SeanP123: o-o

xObscenity: I'm not sitting bush tho.
SeanP123: Nid is cool I suppose.
SeanP123: Just don't take farm.
xObscenity: not finna' be 0 farm
xObscenity: so.

:IIIIIIIIII

erragal

0 cs is such a dumb goal to begin with it shows people who not only don't understand how to support but misunderstand the whole bottom dynamic entirely. If no one else is around and there's a creep to last hit I'm taking that gold; there is always something positive I can do with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
xObscenity: I can't support
xObscenity: soooo.
bati boy: im jungle
bati boy: -_-
xObscenity: welp
xObscenity: dunno then.
bati boy: go taric
bati boy: east to play
xObscenity: Don't own any supports.
SeanP123: Cho jungle.

xObscenity: I'm not sitting bush tho.
SeanP123: Nid is cool I suppose.
SeanP123: Just don't take farm.
xObscenity: not finna' be 0 farm
xObscenity: so.

:IIIIIIIIII
I really think Riot should set a bare minimum of always free champions so people can't throw around this excuse.

Just do Ashe, Garen, Annie and Soraka.

0 cs is such a dumb goal to begin with it shows people who not only don't understand how to support but misunderstand the whole bottom dynamic entirely. If no one else is around and there's a creep to last hit I'm taking that gold; there is always something positive I can do with it.
It's figurative speech dude. Of course you'd rather freeze the lane than let yourself get pushed. Of course you'd rather get them yourself than leave them to the tower. Of course your carry is a fucking moron and never understands that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i just started toying around with leona and she's my favourite support so far.

so much stuns, so much hp. stack armour and just dump sunlight on everything. sadly both games were 4v5's so we eventually lost both, but man it took entire teams to kill me and my Kog.

last game was so frustrating too. worthless trash trynd who kept pinging and refused to understand why we didnt have 2 people on top lane when the enemy did. told the dude to just freeze infront of his tower and waste their time until jungler could swing by with buffs and clean them out, but nope. just ping spam and crying constantly. eventually dced at lvl 7.

Wrekt

Nami will be the first champ I buy on release day. Providing I can farm up 2.5k IP before then.

You support haters are missing out. Getting wins is so easy when you can win your lane for your ADC. Most people playing support don't want to actually play it and get trigger happy on engages before their ADC can follow up. Just be patient, CC their ADC only when your ADC can capitalize on it, collect wins.

zkylon

zkylewd
i just started toying around with leona and she's my favourite support so far.

so much stuns, so much hp. stack armour and just dump sunlight on everything. sadly both games were 4v5's so we eventually lost both, but man it took entire teams to kill me and my Kog.
Yeah, that's not the best combination, since you'll want someone that can follow your kamikaze dashes but she's a lot of fun. I love just bodyguarding my carry and watching the enemy Blitz catch me and SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES

She also sets people up for instagibbing like no other support :3

Nami will be the first champ I buy on release day. Providing I can farm up 2.5k IP before then.

You support haters are missing out. Getting wins is so easy when you can win your lane for your ADC. Most people playing support don't want to actually play it and get trigger happy on engages before their ADC can follow up. Just be patient, CC their ADC only when your ADC can capitalize on it, collect wins.
Yeah fuck them haters, you spoonfeed your ADC and watch them cower in fear as they trample in your web of wards because your oracle's ensures they have no vision.

SivHD bitches!

mercviper

I really think Riot should set a bare minimum of always free champions so people can't throw around this excuse.

Just do Ashe, Garen, Annie and Soraka.

That's what they did with the free champ rotation and then the excuse became "I haven't played it before". The excuse shouldn't exist anyway because there's a number of 450 IP champs that are easily affordable. Also, support is a role that can be played with any character, it's just harder/different playstyle if you use something non-traditional.

The answer instead is that they shouldn't be trying to play ranked games without basic understanding of each role and/or "stop lying and play support you little shit".

Ferrio

Banned
I just find most supports boring mechanically. My favorite is banned 100% of the time.

Soraka - UBER BORING
Taric - BORING
Lulu - cool mechanics, don't like her though
Leona - Cool
Sona - BORING
Blitzcrank - OMGWTFBBQ Fun
Alistar - Fun, but banned
Janna - Good mechanics, but don't enjoy her.

erragal

It's figurative speech dude. Of course you'd rather freeze the lane than let yourself get pushed. Of course you'd rather get them yourself than leave them to the tower. Of course your carry is a fucking moron and never understands that.

Oh I know it's figurative, I was more just pointing out how people who have that mentality are the ones that don't understand that it's figurative. Don't get me started on ADC's that don't realize how to freeze the lane. It's the hardest lane to solo queue (ADC or support) simply because a lot of it relies on the ability for two random people to work extremely well together; also the most fun in league when it goes well.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yeah, that's not the best combination, since you'll want someone that can follow your kamikaze dashes but she's a lot of fun. I love just bodyguarding my carry and watching the enemy Blitz catch me and SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES
we were doing eclipse/his vomit carpet spit attack to sweep waves and feed him.

this was the result.
offLr.png

and we lost this game. :\

She also sets people up for instagibbing like no other support :3
'oh you stepped a pixel too close? thats too bad'

zkylon

zkylewd
That's what they did with the free champ rotation and then the excuse became "I haven't played it before". The excuse shouldn't exist anyway because there's a number of 450 IP champs that are easily affordable. Also, support is a role that can be played with any character, it's just harder/different playstyle if you use something non-traditional.

The answer instead is that they shouldn't be trying to play ranked games without basic understanding of each role and/or "stop lying and play support you little shit".
Probably, yeah, but at least this way these people have the same support/mid/whatever champion available all weeks so if they reluctantly get to play one in ARAM or something it'll be there again next time and maybe they'll reconsider.

Still, the solution would be to strap it on and endure the idea of (gasp!) not getting all the kills. It's pretty sad since supports are really active during teamfights and in the laning phase and while I like playing mid better they're still tons more entertaining than doing nothing more than last hitting for 15 minutes as ADC.

I just find most supports boring mechanically. My favorite is banned 100% of the time.

Soraka - UBER BORING
Taric - BORING
Leona - Cool
Sona - BORING
NO U

I agree with most of your ratings (Soraka is not only boring to play with but boring to play against) except for Sona. Managing your poke and lining people up for your ult is super awesome, specially if you lane with someone fun like a MF or a Draven. Power Chording is one of my favorite champion mechanics in the game, and the main reason I think Sona's the best support: very easy to do well with, but with room to expert in.

You should also always try to ward their blue and have your fun there :D

Oh I know it's figurative, I was more just pointing out how people who have that mentality are the ones that don't understand that it's figurative. Don't get me started on ADC's that don't realize how to freeze the lane. It's the hardest lane to solo queue (ADC or support) simply because a lot of it relies on the ability for two random people to work extremely well together; also the most fun in league when it goes well.
Yeah, hence why I stopped playing any of those roles in ranked. Low ELO people are terrible at the slightest coordination, so I'd rather solo lane.

Blizzard

Banned
The understandably frustrating thing about playing support is that, like playing tank/jungler, you can A) get an extra helping of rage if anything goes wrong, and B) you are at the mercy of your team, even moreso than a tank. You warded perfectly, you're ready to protect your AD carry...yet they walk up to the enemy tower with no mana, versus two enemies, and ignore the pings to retreat as the enemy jungler is strolling up the river in plain view.

Now your AD carry has died 5 times, and you have died 3 times trying to save them before you realized that the enemy AD is too fed. Plus the rest of the team is now raging at your lane! Enjoy the rest of your game. :3

Also, are there any precise mechanics for freezing lanes, besides only killing minions when they're about to die anyway?

Soraka - UBER BORING
Taric - BORING
Leona - Cool
Sona - BORING

Don't forget Nunu, Zyra, and Fiddle.

I was the first to play support Zyra!

zkylon

zkylewd
Lux is also missing in that list. I don't really like her as support, but it makes for a good change every now and then.

we were doing eclipse/his vomit carpet spit attack to sweep waves and feed him.

this was the result.
offLr.png

and we lost this game. :\

'oh you stepped a pixel too close? thats too bad'
Nice score. Best I've ever gotten (as far as raw numbers go) is 42 assists, 0 kills as a Janna in a 64 minute game.

And yeah, Leona is all about punishing that extra pixel, even moreso than Blitz, which is what makes her so rewarding. Blitz is more about establishing a zone of fear and dread.

The understandably frustrating thing about playing support is that, like playing tank/jungler, you can A) get an extra helping of rage if anything goes wrong, and B) you are at the mercy of your team, even moreso than a tank. You warded perfectly, you're ready to protect your AD carry...yet they walk up to the enemy tower with no mana, versus two enemies, and ignore the pings to retreat as the enemy jungler is strolling up the river in plain view.

Now your AD carry has died 5 times, and you have died 3 times trying to save them before you realized that the enemy AD is too fed. Plus the rest of the team is now raging at your lane! Enjoy the rest of your game. :3
Thing is that I feel it's the same if you have a shitty support that doesn't ward, or doesn't make plays or harasses or just stays in the back while you're poked to hell or takes obvious kills from you.

I feel they're the role that "matters less" as far as throwing is respected, but I hate terrible supports as much as I hate terrible junglers.

Also, are there any precise mechanics for freezing lanes, besides only killing minions when they're about to die anyway?
Well, the case in point I'm referring to is when your enemy is pushing and you have to try and kill the same amount of minions (not just last hit) so that the lane doesn't get pushed. Ideally, you want to get them locked just so you're closer to your tower and they're widely exposed to the river. I can never get it right tho.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Nice score. Best I've ever gotten (as far as raw numbers go) is 42 assists, 0 kills as a Janna in a 64 minute game.
0 kills in an hour? nice. i need to work on my shield bash timings so im not always autoattacking and potentially taking kills.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well I'm all about the team :D

My biggest problem with Leona is that I often do EQ instead of QE out of fear of wasting my stun and that leads to a number of failed engagements.

Ferrio

Banned
Well I'm all about the team :D

My biggest problem with Leona is that I often do EQ instead of QE out of fear of wasting my stun and that leads to a number of failed engagements.

I always QE, but it's not the fear of wasting my stun that I hate... it's the fact I've just notified them that I'm coming in.

inky

It seems they nerfed Mercurial Scimitar already (PBE)

Mercurial Scimitar
Now adds +60 AD (Down from 65)
Now grants 50% bonus speed, down from 100% (this lasted like 1 sec iirc).

LOL, it was too good to be true.

scy

It seems they nerfed Mercurial Scimitar already (PBE)

Mercurial Scimitar
Now adds +60 AD (Down from 65)
Now grants 50% bonus speed, down from 100% (this lasted like 1 sec iirc).

LOL, it was too good to be true.

We'll see how big of a deal the movement is. 50% is still a good amount. -5 AD is probably because Maw has to compete with this item somehow.

Ashhong

I've been playing Cait so much lately, and dominate my lane in terms of CS and shutting down the opposing ADC, but somehow keep losing my games. I eventually start getting ganked by 2 so lose in a 2v4, and the other lanes don't do shit. I can't seem to carry well enough. TOO HEAVY

scy

What's wrong with Fiora? Too squishy for top lane?

To be fair, her ult is pretty bad for a melee assassin. It needs some general QoL improvements so she can not get countered so easily (like, say, running under turret). That and the damage isn't all that hot without on-hit effects.

Still, she stands out as getting some nice bonuses from the new items. Just gotta see how she'll stack up vs other tops with those items :|

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What's wrong with Fiora? Too squishy for top lane?
It's more that I don't think she has a place in the game. She is inherently a "duelist" suited for 1v1 situations stuck in a team game, but she also doesn't have the lane presence or powerful early game to completely shut an opponent out the way other champions can. Her range is actually extremely limited and her mobility is very low for a champion that is fairly fragile, and its pretty easy to time defensive options to her when she is based around blowing everything at once.

Not only is most of her damage tied to her ultimate but it's also her primary defensive option. Her ultimate can be completely shut down by stuff like Counter Strike, or a Kha'Zix stelath and she loses almost everything for the next two minutes. Her transition into the late game is hurt so badly because of the lack of control her ultimate gives. Its her job to assassinate a target, but her damage can be spread out just by the enemy team grouping up. She is an extremely limited character in terms of what she can do, reliant on a counterable ultimate with an atrociously long cooldown.

Like, I dunno, I just have a hard time comparing her to other champions and seeing the positives. Kha'Zix can jump 900 units and hit you with a two second slow from another 1,000. Then he can speed up and continuously reapply it with his ultimate to catch high priority targets, and jump out after he gets a kill. That is what I want out of an offensive melee champion. Fiora is only a threat if she is 600 units away and has her ultimate, where she can be easily seen and dealt with because she is super weak to CC.

Naut and Rammus might actually survive the jungle again.

Champion Changes

Hecarim
Base attack damage increased to 56 from 53.

Nautilus
Titan's Wrath's ( W ) shield has been increased to 100/150/200/250/300 from 80/130/180/230/280

Rammus
Base armor has been increased to 21 from 17
Base Health regen increased to 7 from 5.

Sejuani
Northern Winds ( W ) duration has been increased to 6 seconds from 5.
Base armor increased to 20.5 from 17.5

Cathcart

Yeah, I know right?

Also, if you are starting up jungling I would really recommend Dr. Mundo or Skarner. I think they're both champions that are easy to get into that handle the current jungle really well.

Thanks. I was playing around with Mundo in some bot games last week, I'll give him a shot, too. Pretty sure I bought Skarner last year when I was playing but never did much with him.

Blizzard

Banned
I may not be useful with Zed, but I normally get lots of farm. I got destroyed last game though, ran into a 4v5 team that had like 15 kills to our 2 and crushed us. Their Diana farmed some of the best I've ever seen (at my low level), constantly taking wraiths and wolves with 200 by 20 minutes. I outfarmed their AD carry, but didn't match the Diana.

I came back to get 376 in 43 minutes the next game, trying to reclaim my honor. D:

I think I've won 5/7 of my last mid Zed games. People don't actually rage too much about letting him go mid. The single biggest danger seems to be once the other team starts grouping up and it turns into an aram, since your farm and XP go down, and you don't have big AOE nukes like some champions.

Q8D3vil

I may not be useful with Zed, but I normally get lots of farm. I got destroyed last game though, ran into a 4v5 team that had like 15 kills to our 2 and crushed us. Their Diana farmed some of the best I've ever seen (at my low level), constantly taking wraiths and wolves with 200 by 20 minutes. I outfarmed their AD carry, but didn't match the Diana.

I came back to get 376 in 43 minutes the next game, trying to reclaim my honor. D:

I think I've won 5/7 of my last mid Zed games. People don't actually rage too much about letting him go mid. The single biggest danger seems to be once the other team starts grouping up and it turns into an aram, since your farm and XP go down, and you don't have big AOE nukes like some champions.
people dont rage about him being mid because that how he was played in the spotlight.

i like him in mid or jungle even though his ganks are bad but his clear is insane and dont need wriggles (huge plus for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom