• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Oh man, I cant wait for IPL 5. I had a stupid amount of fun being surrounded by nerds at IPL4, but I planned it poorly, this time I'm all prepared and ready!

I'm stoked to go watch all those group stage matches....

I'm such a nerd...........

I think Froggen is doing fine.... 162 cs at 15 mins.

I'm going this year for the first time. What did you plan poorly? Any tips?

Oh man, I cant wait for IPL 5. I had a stupid amount of fun being surrounded by nerds at IPL4, but I planned it poorly, this time I'm all prepared and ready!

I'm stoked to go watch all those group stage matches....

I'm such a nerd...........

I think Froggen is doing fine.... 162 cs at 15 mins.

..... I can't even manage 100 CS in 10 min for Int bot matches(without the fear of a gank) yet and he's managing 162 in 15 against amazing players. This guy

Ken

Just had a ranked game where Ez looked me up and called me out for being 8-11 or something with Zed followed by "go back to normals Zed" and "why are you practicing Zed in ranked." Go 6/2 but lose because every lane but mine lost and Ezreal ragequitting at 20 minutes.

Cathcart

Damn you Riot for putting a picture of Regifted Amumu right next to one of the news stories for the day. Damn you to the special hell.

So I just noticed the part in the OP about the GAF channel and joined today. I'm Pastrami Reuben. I've been playing a lot of Lulu and Sona recently so I'd say those are my strongest characters but I'm also currently working on Ezreal, Ahri and jungling Nocturne. I'm trying to have at least one character in each role so I can fill in any spot in normals. Next character will likely be a tank as soon as I can decide on one.

Anyway, I'm not great at this game but I'm up for some normals with the above champs if anyone wants to queue up.

garath

Tonyrage: zed mid?
masterofthewhite: zed mid?
Corgi the Chloe: yes
masterofthewhite: gg

;_;

You encounter more assholes per square SR map than I can believe. I've had a few games like that but it seems like every day you are getting shit. Sucks :(

I'm not going to lie, listening to my entire team shit on me for most of the game for picking a champ (rengar top) while they are failing miserably themselves was one of the worst LoL experiences I've had. And you are dealing with that regularly. Not cool.

People need to shut the fuck up and play the damn game.

Telaso

Banned
I'm going this year for the first time. What did you plan poorly? Any tips?

What I meant is my timing, like I could only make Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning/early afternoon. Thankfully it got over rather quickly so I didnt miss anything. Couldnt miss work since I had such little lead time.

For tips I'd bring a big bottle of water, because if you stand up you'll probably lose your seat. Are you going alone or by yourself? If so at least last time, the chairs were kind of small, so you could have your friend sit on both and they might not notice so you dont lose it.

I don't know how much more of this I can stand before I uninstall and go do something else.

Theres nothing out there that wont be incredibly annoying as well.

Ken

Theres nothing out there that wont be incredibly annoying as well.

Yeah there is it's called single player games.

Wreck Karthus in lane. My top and bot get destroyed. Their top and bot come to mid and push down both towers. Can't do anything in team fights because the rest of the time isn't strong enough to be a threat. This is pretty much what happens every game, Zed or not.

You encounter more assholes per square SR map than I can believe. I've had a few games like that but it seems like every day you are getting shit. Sucks :(

I'm not going to lie, listening to my entire team shit on me for most of the game for picking a champ (rengar top) while they are failing miserably themselves was one of the worst LoL experiences I've had. And you are dealing with that regularly. Not cool.

People need to shut the fuck up and play the damn game.

It's funny because people usually act negatively in champion select and begin blaming me for throwing the game because of Zed mid. Once I go like 3/0 early on they start blaming everyone else.

Darius pls ;_;

Blizzard

Banned
Wreck Karthus in lane. My top and bot get destroyed. Their top and bot come to mid and push down both towers. Can't do anything in team fights because the rest of the time isn't strong enough to be a threat. This is pretty much what happens every game, Zed or not.
I realize this may happen every game, but you realize that Zed continues to be the single lowest win rate champion besides Karma? You are quite possibly playing LoL Hard Mode by playing him constantly.

Ken

I realize this may happen every game, but you realize that Zed continues to be the single lowest win rate champion besides Karma? You are quite possibly playing LoL Hard Mode by playing him constantly.

I don't get it. I've been far more effective with him than any other champion in lane recently. So you're saying if I play a more widely accepted, older champion that, even if I'm terrible with that champion, I'll win?

It's like you just ignore the posts where I say two of the three lanes fail which results in a fed top and fed bottom coming at me. It's not a problem with Zed, it's a problem with the teams I'm getting.

It doesnt work, I've tried, and tried and tried.

You should play New Little King's Story. I heard you get like 6 waifus in that game.

Ferga

Win rates dont mean anything if you're good at what you do

garath

I'm convinced that is for two reasons.

A- people are playing him top and getting wrecked by most bruisers.

B- he's pretty hard to play effectively.

He's a good mid and shuts down the lane pretty hard.

Has anyone tried AP Xin? I heard he can solo towers without getting hurt, just with Nashor, Rab and Rageblade. Thinking of building him somewhat like WW.

zkylon

zkylewd
Corgi, I'm happy to see you with your old avvy.

About assholes, don't uninstall, LoL sometimes hands you a shit week and you just gotta go play some football, eat a burger and drive a car or whatever it is you americans do and wait it out :)

Blizzard

Banned
I don't get it. I've been far more effective with him than any other champion in lane recently. So you're saying if I play a more widely accepted, older champion that, even if I'm terrible with that champion, I'll win?

It's like you just ignore the posts where I say two of the three lanes fail which results in a fed top and fed bottom coming at me. It's not a problem with Zed, it's a problem with the teams I'm getting.

Of course there is a chance that your losses are almost purely a teammate problem, and that your attitude is great, you don't complain in chat, and you are at the mercy of constant people who are worse than you.

However, even if that is the case, and perhaps ESPECIALLY if that is the case, playing a champion in a midlane role who statistically is most likely, aside from Karma, to lose...that is truly pitting yourself against long odds, I'd say. I did the same sort of thing, playing champions and roles I wanted to play, until I was 700 ELO. Then I figured hey, I want to learn Katarina, and went back up 500 ELO. Maybe you will do that with Zed in the long run, especially if he is buffed, but I'd say that being consistently good at Zed and trying to carry games is going to be much harder than being consistently good with a higher win rate AP mid.

I'm convinced that is for two reasons.

A- people are playing him top and getting wrecked by most bruisers.

B- he's pretty hard to play effectively.

He's a good mid and shuts down the lane pretty hard.
This may be the case, and I don't have good stats on mid-lane-only Zed. However, even that high ELO streamer mentioned he thought that Zed was situational, if I recall correctly. He may work with certain team compositions, but trying to carry a general team that's going to be all over the place with random teamfights and AOE damage may be tough.

Zed is a high difficulty champion. Don't take his early win/loss ratios right now. He takes a lot of time to master. But a good Zed is a pain in the ass. Some of the highest damage, effective slow, and great farm.

Blizzard

Banned
Win rates dont mean anything if you're good at what you do
They provide some amount of data. Of course correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation, but combined with other factors, having correlating data can be useful.

Even if you put forth the argument that Zed is one of the most powerful champions, and can carry nearly any low-level game if played properly...he's going to be DIFFICULT to do that with, which goes back to my hard mode comment.

Ken

Corgi, ganking is the key to winning low elo games

I've been trying. The last game I had I got a triple off of ganking top. By the time I can even go around ganking bot was so fed I couldn't do anything.

Of course there is a chance that your losses are almost purely a teammate problem, and that your attitude is great, you don't complain in chat, and you are at the mercy of constant people who are worse than you.

However, even if that is the case, and perhaps ESPECIALLY if that is the case, playing a champion in a midlane role who statistically is most likely, aside from Karma, to lose...that is truly pitting yourself against long odds, I'd say. I did the same sort of thing, playing champions and roles I wanted to play, until I was 700 ELO. Then I figured hey, I want to learn Katarina, and went back up 500 ELO. Maybe you will do that with Zed in the long run, especially if he is buffed, but I'd say that being consistently good at Zed and trying to carry games is going to be much harder than being consistently good with a higher win rate AP mid.

This may be the case, and I don't have good stats on mid-lane-only Zed. However, even that high ELO streamer mentioned he thought that Zed was situational, if I recall correctly. He may work with certain team compositions, but trying to carry a general team that's going to be all over the place with random teamfights and AOE damage may be tough.

If Zed gets buffed then I don't trust Riot's balancing team.

Blizzard

Banned
How bout you carry me out of 1000 ELO.

Is flat or scaling MR better for AD assassins in mid?
Personally, I like the idea of flat MR for early trading, and for surviving the level 6 ult burst. Lategame, I'm guessing a few points of MR will not make much difference.

If you are against a high-burst AP like Veigar or LeBlanc, however, I strongly suggest trying an early orange sword thing. Maybe after brutalizer. You can later build it into Maw.

Cathcart

I've been losing a lot of games this week but just teamed up with Corgi and Punky and got a normal mode win. Yay, GAF success story. Thanks, guys.

Awesome news on the sale. I don't have Rengar or Nautilus so I guess I'll pick them up later today, woot.

zkylon

zkylewd
How bout you carry me out of 1000 ELO.

Is flat or scaling MR better for AD assassins in mid?
I'm in the flat MR camp, for 90% of the cases.

Just tried Nami, she's pretty ok, I really like her stun but she's kinda boring, like Taric.

I've been losing a lot of games this week but just teamed up with Corgi and Punky and got a normal mode win. Yay, GAF success story. Thanks, guys.

Awesome news on the sale. I don't have Rengar or Nautilus so I guess I'll pick them up later today, woot.

From what I could see, you are a swell support. I'd be happy to keep playing with you if you are looking for some gaf-mates.

Ferga

scaling mr always for me

There aren't many ap carries who can 100-0 you pre level 6 so there is little to no point in flat mr

Boken

Banned
It's not just about level 6 burst, whats the point of taking extra harass damage from 1-9?

They wont even have to 100-0 you due to the extra harass damage.

Ferga

It's not just about level 6 burst, whats the point of taking extra harass damage from 1-9?

They wont even have to 100-0 you due to the extra harass damage.

Well in my experiences, mana becomes an issue pre 6. If they keep harassing, theyll just go oom and they will take a bunch of minion aggro damage if they overextend to hit you

zkylon

zkylewd
I should do more GAF matches, I feel bad about missing out on all the yelling.

I'm trying to make some sense of the new support items. Like, with Heart of Gold gone you can either buy the ward item, which basically pays itself, or get a Kage's Lucky Pick but that's probably money wasted on AP that builds into nothing useful. I'm not sure how this affects when I get to buy my fun items, haven't timed it really. Now the Aegis upgrade right now looks useless against non AP teams, and even in that case it's still 1k that could be spent on a Kindlegem into a Shurelya's or something else.

Now the other support items like the "support QSS" just builds off semi-useless items like a chalice, so I dunno.

Gotta do a few more runs.

I also got to try Guqin Sona, and eh, while the splash art is great, the actual model is too pinky for my taste, so I'll get Arcade next month for sure. Either that or smexy Valkyrie Leona, since that's cheaper.

Setsuna

I like how Riot said they couldn't change the colour of the ball on foxfire ahri but someone was able to change it for that.

They said they didnt want to because the color of the ball is integral to gameplay

IE spell vamp passive changes the color of the ball when activated

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
it took awhile, but i got my popup.

9LhFi.jpg

JczUJ.png

aslkdkfjldjgjsljfgdslkfdk...

v4hrq.png

Didn't think to screen cap the chat in or after the game, but wow my team sucked so hard. A Shen who built no MR against Sona, Maokai, Nasus and a fed Ryze as well as never initiating; a Vayne who DC'd at a crucial time, but I suppose that was out of her hands; the worst Soraka I've ever seen and a Kat who was too afraid to fight people. It was the most incredible thing I've ever seen. We were battering them, or at least i was, then my team just decided to not fight them, ever.

Getting incredibly annoyed with this crap.

garath

Next sales:

Cowgirl Miss Fortune
Amethyst Ashe
Dat Ass Irelia

Nautilus
Swain
Rengar D:

Rengar :eek: well I guess I am refunding rengar to buy him again lol. Knew he would go on sale. Granted I've had him for two weeks but I could have made do hehe.

Its not my favorite skin but I think I have to buy cowgirl MF just because she's my favorite ad carry and I don't have a skin for her. That amethyst Ashe is awesome too. I rarely play her though. Decisions!

Ferga

How do you screencap in game? Print screen doesnt work for me

I can show you all how to win solo queue with only typing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom