• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
also woo passed the 100 pvp games mark.

still just lvl 20 though. -.-

they really want you to have tons of experience before you get to that ranked mode...

zkylon

zkylewd
I said good enough, not ideal.

And, generally speaking, there's quite a few mids that don't actually deal enough damage early on to warrant the flat MRs. You run scaling MR to get the better MR for when they do come into their damage (e.g., mid laning phase transition). I don't disagree that flats are better early game (because duh) but I disagree that they're always the best option in mid.
Always is an ugly word, but I'd argue 80-90% of the times, you'll want flat MR. Mids get their damage spike at level 6, and you'll want to get to that level as healthy as possible, so the enemy mid doesn't see you half health and thinks BURTZ TAIMH!

So yeah, flat MR. Every single time :p

You never run scaling Armor because it's most relevant at Level 1+. You can run scaling MR because many times, it's not relevant at Level 1.
It's not relevant in the sense that the enemy mid doesn't have the power to kill you level 1, but it's meant to help you endure harass and trades.

Also, if you get stun caught by Annie's bear, you probably need to pay more attention. Though, yes, there's no rune to help for clicking on people.
Why so antagonizing? I was making a point :/

they really want you to have tons of experience before you get to that ranked mode...
And you'd think some people would learn and actually get experienced with the game...

No such luck in ranked.

scy

It always depends on who you are up against, but in general, flat mr is just the safe choice

Pretty much.

Though, this reminds me that I need more rune pages so I can set up my top lane flat MR/scaling MR page. Same for mid. And then a double Armor mid page for AD Mids if they become a thing for Season 3.

Well, guess that's all of my IP.

It's not relevant in the sense that the enemy mid doesn't have the power to kill you level 1, but it's meant to help you endure harass and trades.

For mids that come into their power at Levels 6-10, we're looking at 4 MR or less. ~1.8% difference in damage taken at worst here. Levels 1-6, how much damage is each trade doing? Is making your 6-10 MR slightly less efficient worth taking 3-5 less damage in an exchange at Levels 1-6?

Why so antagonizing? I was making a point :/

Wait, what. I'm just saying that you can see Annie's bear coming (barring a no vision Flash stun ult, I guess). No (rune-wise) mitigation really helps her burst so you need to pay more attention / click on them.

I guess that was worded a bit hostile. Not my intent!

zkylon

zkylewd
Pretty much.

Though, this reminds me that I need more rune pages so I can set up my top lane flat MR/scaling MR page. Same for mid. And then a double Armor mid page for AD Mids if they become a thing for Season 3.

Well, guess that's all of my IP.
Can you buy rune pages with RP?

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, yeah. I more meant the runes themselves. The rune pages aren't a big deal to get.
Np, I was asking for myself heh :p

How much do they cost (I'm not home to check)? I need more rune pages too. Right now I have: Ahri, Akali, Malph, Sona, Katarina, Corki. I'll probably repurpose Akali's since I never really use her but yeah, there's never enough...

How much do they cost (I'm not home to check)? I need more rune pages too. Right now I have: Ahri, Akali, Malph, Sona, Katarina, Corki. I'll probably repurpose Akali's since I never really use her but yeah, there's never enough...

6300 or 975rp I think.

mercviper

975/page unless you get a bundle of some sort. A few months ago it was really cheap and they had a 975 for 2 page bundle, of which I bought 2 or 3 :x

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks all.

975/page unless you get a bundle of some sort. A few months ago it was really cheap and they had a 975 for 2 page bundle, of which I bought 2 or 3 :x
I got two bundles but clearly that wasn't enough.

And 10 bucks is a good amount of money here in Argieland so I'd rather just get a nice dinner.

You know your ADC is bad when you keep blowing your ult to save him from getting ganked.

Sigh.

It's nice though to see multiple Flashes as you ult as Nunu.

I did contemplate trying to Flash+Q to steal Baron but my team was too busy farming.

scy

if there is something i hate in lol is rune pages, i have 13 pages and they are not even close to being enough.

I like the idea of rune pages. Tweaking things to combat match ups. An application of strict meta knowledge.

Unfortunately, it's held back a bit by the fact that having the runes (and pages) to do this is a pretty big chunk of time investment.

I like the idea of rune pages. Tweaking things to combat match ups. An application of strict meta knowledge.

Unfortunately, it's held back a bit by the fact that having the runes (and pages) to do this is a pretty big chunk of time investment.

Yea, I really wish they were free like the mastery pages. But I guess I should just be happy they didn't make me pay for those as well.

Q8D3vil

even if i get all the 20 rune pages they probably wont be enough.
i like having character or matchup specific runes like vladimir mid with health per lvl yellow or crit ashe/tryndamer or attack speed for vayne but its hard to do even with 20 pages unless i play certain role (top and mid need tons of different runes).

dimb, did you try khazix mid ? i just tried him in normal and i destroyed anivia from lvl 3.

Blizzard

Banned
people dont rage about him being mid because that how he was played in the spotlight.
Even with wriggles I was taking so much damage trying to jungle, and I got so low (I think I did boots potions maybe?) that my recent jungle attempt was horrible.

And I didn't even watch the spotlight! I just throw a brutalizer and triforce on every champion and call it a day, I don't need Phreak to tell me what to do.

Achtius

Nocturne_Teaser_thumb.jpg

:p

zkylon

zkylewd
How much does it take to reach 6300 IP, like 50 matches or something, right?

I'm thinking of saving for that Battlestar Galactica champ they're promising before the end of the year, but I don't think I'll make it. I may have to return Diana :p

How much does it take to reach 6300 IP, like 50 matches or something, right?

I'm thinking of saving for that Battlestar Galactica champ they're promising before the end of the year, but I don't think I'll make it. I may have to return Diana :p

It usually takes me about 2-3 weeks to get 6300 IP, that's if I play at least 4-5 matches everyday. Regarding the champion you want to save up for, I would recommend waiting for impressions and even waiting for the champion's free week before deciding to buy or not.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That would just inspire more shitty players to drop out of high school to pursue pro gaming.

zkylon

zkylewd
Still turned out to be "a guy in a shitty team" (and I like Curse, at least they're amiable, even in their trash talking, unlike certain TSM).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't even tell that that was varus. I had to mentally go over every champ who used a bow before I realized.

I knew this day would come, the day they'd make a legendary for my favorite champ. Must. Not. Buy.

Eh actually unless the effects are fucking amazing it won't be too hard not to buy that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom