• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Solo top Nid vs Tryn. Did my best to gimp him into 5/13. Other enemy lanes snowballed. :( Top really feels like the least influential lane in the game, specially if I can't leave my lane. I didn't push hard early on to keep denying Tryn. Their jungle Amumu even camped my lane.

Dyrus has taken to ganking mid a lot. Especially if he's rengar or malphite - something with a solid gank.

JesseZao

How are they different from actual win rates? Can you please post the top 5 win rates and bottom 5 win rates for certain categories at the moment (or at least "all human 5v5 games")? I'd love to see that compared to the stat sites.

Just know that it isn't a reliable source. I'd guess internal data isn't something Riot is going to share as it affects player perception and expectation. They've found that keeping cards closer to the chest results in less induced/unfounded outrage.

Blizzard

Banned
Just know that it isn't a reliable source. I'd guess internal data isn't something Riot is going to share as it affects player perception and expectation. They've found that keeping cards closer to the chest results in less induced/unfounded outrage.
Wait...the community already has random outrage about various things, PBE or otherwise, whether it's founded or not, don't they? Are you suggesting having people base their outrage on actual facts, rather than incorrect data, would make it somehow more unfounded? :p If we discovered that Karma actually has a 79% win rate, for instance, we could have founded outrage rather than unfounded outrage! It would finally explain why she hasn't been buffed, et cetera, et cetera.

You just have to believe.

brian!

Wait...the community already has random outrage about various things, PBE or otherwise, whether it's founded or not, don't they? Are you suggesting having people base their outrage on actual facts, rather than incorrect data, would make it somehow more unfounded? :p If we discovered that Karma actually has a 79% win rate, for instance, we could have founded outrage rather than unfounded outrage! It would finally explain why she hasn't been buffed, et cetera, et cetera.

You just have to believe.

it's the same as when they don't show normal elo, all it will really cause is misconceptions, it already happens in ranked, but putting a bunch of numbers to ranked gives it a particular type of experience

Inskipp

Feels good to come back into this after such a long break.

amumumumumumumumumumuakohm.png

AP Amumu HURTS. I wasn't paying attention to his items and only found out when his W did 600 damage to me. I didn't have any MR item yet though I had 80 thanks to cougar and an ally Aegis.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
on elo hell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2a7ZFcc
'if you play as if you are better, then you won't get better"
Good video. I have increasingly been trying to focus more on my own mistakes, and every single game I feel like I could have done more to help my team whether I win or lose my lane. Still, I am not really a huge fan with the obsession over ELO as a measure of skill that even this video promotes. The bottom line is always that players are having fun, and some of the video's ideology contributes to creating a more stressful environment.

BlazinAm

AP Amumu HURTS. I wasn't paying attention to his items and only found out when his W did 600 damage to me. I didn't have any MR item yet though I had 80 thanks to cougar and an ally Aegis.

Maybe he might be the next champion I buy.

Shyvana is my main champion that I use and i normally go all out with health and attack power/ speed items, don't know who my next champion should be. I like the melee/fighter with high dps. I currently have 5331 IP no RP (I know stupid me)

Also my first win in Dominion as Shyana
ljgY2.png

This is my normal loadout
koBjA.png

Warmong's armor, stinger spirit, visage, ionic spark, youmuu ghostblade, mercury treads

JesseZao

AD Carries will kill you so quickly with your standard build of no armor. Also, Phage/FMallet is core for Shyv so people can't kite you all day.

JesseZao

I was going to ask if the motorcycle in your original picture represented Kiunch because he carries everyone, but you seem to have edited. :(

Makes the most sense. On the Road to Baron.

Edit: I wanted to edit names onto the picture itself, but wasn't able to at time. Maybe I'll do it later.

Ken

Good video. I have increasingly been trying to focus more on my own mistakes, and every single game I feel like I could have done more to help my team whether I win or lose my lane. Still, I am not really a huge fan with the obsession over ELO as a measure of skill that even this video promotes. The bottom line is always that players are having fun, and some of the video's ideology contributes to creating a more stressful environment.

Pretty much.

xjessejamesx: omg first pick yells top n gos teemo
xjessejamesx: you know already theres a noob
xjessejamesx: like you didnt ask for yorick to come into the game
xjessejamesx: sigh

Would never see this in normals.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I heard somewhere that ELO only measures your ability to carry your matches, rather than your actual skill, so yeah...

Fuck ranked, I play this game for fun and having a 44% of having a troll in my team ruins that.
That is not the actual percentage.

Blizzard

Banned
If you would never see that in normals (which I disagree with), why would you put yourself through ranked, then? There isn't even an announced skin reward for it yet, why not play normal draft?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I heard somewhere that ELO only measures your ability to carry your matches, rather than your actual skill, so yeah...

Fuck ranked, I play this game for fun and having a 44% of having a troll in my team ruins that.

Laning is just a small part of the game (assuming someone don't go 0/8 and 100 cs behind), one good team fight or objective can completely change the outcome of the game. You just have to start talking to your team and organize to do something (force a fight/3 man gang/split push/etc).

Ken

If you would never see that in normals (which I disagree with), why would you put yourself through ranked, then? There isn't even an announced skin reward for it yet, why not play normal draft?

Ranked stats? I like that it keeps track of stuff so you can look back and see how you've done with a champion.

Swig_

How do you play Rengar these days? I bought him a while ago, and have used him only once. Do people still play him AP or did that get nerfed? I'm assuming tanky/ADish, using bushes often? I'd like to try him out, but I think the one game I played with him went horribly (Dominion). Or is he just a bad choice now after the nerfs?

zkylon

zkylewd
Laning is just a small part of the game (assuming someone don't go 0/8 and 100 cs behind), one good team fight or objective can completely change the outcome of the game. You just have to start talking to your team and organize to do something (force a fight/3 man gang/split push/etc).
Not saying people that suck or lose their lane. I have no problem if you didn't do good, we all have shit matches and sometimes we can't help but feed the guy in front of us, but I mean trolls, afkers, "EZREAL OR FEED", people blaming everyone for everything and whatevers.

I'm bitter about ranked because I don't even doubt elo hell exists. The video is right though, you should wonder why are YOU in elo hell, and stop blaming others, man up and learn to carry (from any role, sometimes supports carry the hardest).

I don't do it anymore because it's frustrating and depressing, and the skill level I run into is usually way worse than in normals.

Ken

People in solo queue seem nicer today.

I'm also surprised by how many times people have said "this is my first time playing x" today too.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I'm a low tier player who tries hard with little to no success, if anyone would wanna duo queue with me and possibly coordinate over skype or something, that would be fun. I'd love to get into a clique that ran 5's all the time so I could get used to coordination but I doubt I'm good enough for that now. Anyhow, anyone interested in getting a few games in with me, friend me. My summoner name is oxrock.

Ferrio

Banned
Know what's worse than playing with a bad player that talks shit? A bad player that doesn't say anything..

I'm not sure if it's a bot, or someone handed their game to their 4 year old brother or what. Least when they talk shit I know there's a somewhat functioning human behind it.

"Hey karth come get blue..... karth? Hey karth... ping ping ping... blue... come on.... "

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm a low tier player who tries hard with little to no success, if anyone would wanna duo queue with me and possibly coordinate over skype or something, that would be fun. I'd love to get into a clique that ran 5's all the time so I could get used to coordination but I doubt I'm good enough for that now. Anyhow, anyone interested in getting a few games in with me, friend me. My summoner name is oxrock.
Just join the GAF chat room and AFK like we all do.

Ken

Corgi the Chloe (11:28): even sion even a bit viable?
Corgi the Chloe (11:28): i forgot i had his skin
Corgi the Chloe (11:28): looks pretty cool

Blizzard

Banned
League of legends hard mode (not ranked though, so feel free to make fun).

zedpqo2b.png

Someone else called mid right before me, but then they say they'll go top and they're nice about it. So they pick Akali, and the other team (plot twist!) immediately picks Garen. Not to worry! Akali is all friendly, says they're going farmville mode, they're going to get me my win, bro. Then Akali crashes/disconnects at level 1 while guarding the top jungle river area above blue buff! Garen gets first blood and Ahri gets an assist because of it!

Garen went like 10/1 after that point, killing top tower, and coming mid to push down the tower. Shaco was camping mid. No one could really do anything against Garen's Demacian might, and at one point we stupidly all camped him in a bush, I think we STILL didn't kill him, only nearly killed him, and their team destroyed us. But the other team didn't get baron or dragon much, and we did (which is why Akali was not level 1, assuming dragon gets you XP). And late game, there was a bizarre moment where we were clearing baron wards, and their team was camping behind baron while we sat in our jungle, because our minions were pushing up to their nexus towers (we had finally gotten the mid inhibitor down). FINALLY Shaco went back, but they lost one of the nexus towers at that point, and we got baron to win it at 42:30. Stressful game, good teammates to not give up.

I think that's 7 (only normal draft/normal) Zed mid victories in a row, but man I hope they don't start going 4v5 like that to make it more difficult.

Blizzard

Banned
Summons too scared to post his W/L ratio.
I think I've posted or mentioned multiple times that I'm 57-60+ more losses than wins, it's been 40-60 below 50% in normals for maybe a year. Only in ranked have I ever had a positive ratio that I remember.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Maybe he might be the next champion I buy.

Shyvana is my main champion that I use and i normally go all out with health and attack power/ speed items, don't know who my next champion should be. I like the melee/fighter with high dps. I currently have 5331 IP no RP (I know stupid me)

This is my normal loadout
koBjA.png

Warmong's armor, stinger spirit, visage, ionic spark, youmuu ghostblade, mercury treads
i've been playing a lot of shyv and my final build is usually ninja tabi, wits end, frozen mallet, atma's impaler, warmog's, Madred's Bloodrazor. I almost never get that far though. :p usually win by the time warmog's is up.

usually build along:
boots
boots cloth
ninja tabi
tabi, vamp
tabi, wriggles
tabi, wriggles, phage
tabi, wriggles, phage, wits end
tabi, wriggles, FM, wits end
tabi, wriggles, FM, wits end, atma's
tabi, wriggles, FM, wits end, atma's, warmog's.
tabi, madred's, FM, wits end, atma's, warmog's.

Ferrio

Banned
i've been playing a lot of shyv and my final build is usually ninja tabi, wits end, frozen mallet, atma's impaler, warmog's, Madred's Bloodrazor. I almost never get that far though. :p usually win by the time warmog's is up.

usually build along:
boots
boots cloth
ninja tabi
tabi, vamp
tabi, wriggles
tabi, wriggles, phage

Ignore madreds, it's pretty bad. I'd suggest an abyssal scepter.

usually build along:
boots
boots cloth
ninja tabi
tabi, vamp
tabi, wriggles
tabi, wriggles, phage

Ditch Madred.
Get Mallet instead of Warmog.

If you get Warmogs, you shouldn't save it for last.

JesseZao

Getting the hang of Elise, really liking her. The worst problem is not knowing when your cooldowns are up on the other form and missing your shot at a kill, but it's starting to stick.

Cathcart

I think I have lost enough normals to settle me into the gutter where I belong and can thrive. Just went 14/3/28 with Sona. Feels good man.

I'm giving DotA 2 more chances now. At hero level, I don't see how they're supposed to be more complicated. Aside from exceptions like Meepo, Night Stalker and Invoker, skill design is pretty much the same. Some heroes seem to be even less complicated because of how many passive skills they have. Ashe feels like a much more active Drow Ranger. Sniper is like a simpler combination of MF, Tristana and Cait.

The skill ceiling is definitely higher, but having so many aspects relegated to RNG hurts it competitiveness. LoL is slowly removing those (dodge, Randuin/Warden next).

To those who played the game more often, which heroes are closest to Vayne, Lee Sin and Ezreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom