• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Tried jungle Malph for a bit. His pre-6 ganks are pretty shit but I like his jungle clearing, and he feels pretty safe. Post-6 he's naturally godly, so that's good too.

He requires double GP5 items, though, tried him with Mandred's Razors and felt like a waste.

How do you play Rengar these days? I bought him a while ago, and have used him only once. Do people still play him AP or did that get nerfed? I'm assuming tanky/ADish, using bushes often? I'd like to try him out, but I think the one game I played with him went horribly (Dominion). Or is he just a bad choice now after the nerfs?

He is nerfed to oblivion IMHO.

Anyway... if you want something that feels like the old Rengar you will need cd redux items and attack speed stuff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tried jungle Malph for a bit. His pre-6 ganks are pretty shit but I like his jungle clearing, and he feels pretty safe. Post-6 he's naturally godly, so that's good too.
I don't think they're too bad. He steals movespeed and his slow lasts fairly long, even if it isn't huge to start out.
He requires double GP5 items, though, tried him with Mandred's Razors and felt like a waste.
You say this like it's a bad thing.

Boken

Banned
I'm giving DotA 2 more chances now. At hero level, I don't see how they're supposed to be more complicated. Aside from exceptions like Meepo, Night Stalker and Invoker, skill design is pretty much the same. Some heroes seem to be even less complicated because of how many passive skills they have. Ashe feels like a much more active Drow Ranger. Sniper is like a simpler combination of MF, Tristana and Cait.

The skill ceiling is definitely higher, but having so many aspects relegated to RNG hurts it competitiveness. LoL is slowly removing those (dodge, Randuin/Warden next).

To those who played the game more often, which heroes are closest to Vayne, Lee Sin and Ezreal?

Oh shit what have you done

If you like skillshot carries.... Nothing? Maybe Morphling. Lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't think they're too bad. He steals movespeed and his slow lasts fairly long, even if it isn't huge to start out.
The slow has a pretty short range and all your attacks are melee with no gap closer except your ult, so basically all you can do is slow the guy down and have the other player kill him. I guess that's the same for Skarner, though, and he's still pretty great.

You say this like it's a bad thing.
Yeah, I dunno, since they're gonna take out the HoG, I feel he may be in a bad spot because of that. Or maybe not. I'm confused.

I need a good general jungling guide, I think I'm just naturally bad at it and turning that around is gonna take a while, and it's in my style to read and watch and nerd it out before putting it to practice. Key basics of when, where and how, that kind of stuff.

dimb

The slow has a pretty short range and all your attacks are melee with no gap closer except your ult, so basically all you can do is slow the guy down and have the other player kill him. I guess that's the same for Skarner, though, and he's still pretty great.
You steal the movespeed so not only do they move slow but you should move fast enough to keep up or catch them. I dunno, I don't find it too hard to stick to people as Malphite.
Yeah, I dunno, since they're gonna take out the HoG, I feel he may be in a bad spot because of that. Or maybe not. I'm confused.
It's not as though he needs HoG or is reliant on it. Malphite players will just build other things. I don't think he's the best jungler or anything, and it'll probably be harder for him after the patch, but he'll be okay.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ignore madreds, it's pretty bad. I'd suggest an abyssal scepter.

on shyv? Why? it gives armor and attack speed while turning her Q into a mini-DFG; seems perfect for her.

abyssal scepter does have some sexy MR though....
Ditch Madred.
Get Mallet instead of Warmog.
FM = frozen mallet
If you get Warmogs, you shouldn't save it for last.

my thinking is that since shyv has higher HP per level by default; i dont need an early warmogs and only get it at endgame to maintain shyv's natural advantage as the giant damage starts to fly around.

But im not that attached to it; i've also been considering randuins omen since it has a nice advanced level component; while with warmogs the only useful stepping stone that feels worth a slot is giants belt.

bjb

Banned
League.jpg

I need someone to duo with = / ..All my friends quit playing.

Anyone mid 1300's want to try and push gold?

Leezard

on shyv? Why? it gives armor and attack speed while turning her Q into a mini-DFG; seems perfect for her.

FM = frozen mallet

my thinking is that since shyv has higher HP per level by default; i dont need an early warmogs and only get it at endgame to maintain shyv's natural advantage as the giant damage starts to fly around.

But im not that attached to it; i've also been considering randuins omen since it has a nice advanced level component; while with warmogs the only useful stepping stone that feels worth a slot is giants belt.
Madreds is really expensive for what it does. You're better off with a wits end unless you have way more gold than you can spend.

It was supposed to be an anti-tank item, or a bruiser item, but it's incredibly flawed that way.

As an anti-tank item, there are better choices. Carries get either Void Staff or Last Whisper which costs somewhat half of Madred and work MUCH better.

As a bruiser item, 25 is a very pitiful amount of armor.

Wrap that around a 3800 admission fee.

Season 3 will have Blade of the Ruined King which works great on bruisers against tanks. It doesn't offer resistance, but it lets you sustain through whatever small damage tanks can do by having Madred's passive and heals you for that amount. It also costs 1000 less.

FM = frozen mallet

Definitely get randuins over warmogs. Warmogs takes too long to farm up to max stats and is really only ok. Randuins is just great and that active is really neat for your initations.

scy

Toyz laying down the law on American teams forever being bad as long as they keep prioritizing streaming and making roster changes.

Also:

Q105. kaiser69andi: Thoughts on Heimerdinger?
Toyz: Probably works well with fast tower pushing strategy.

bind pls

EXGN

Toyz laying down the law on American teams forever being bad as long as they keep prioritizing streaming and making roster changes.

Also:

bind pls

I still don't get why only American teams get shit for the roster changes. Azubu Blaze axed Reapered for Flame, Azubu Frost ditched Locodoco and had Woong change roles for Shy, SK and Fnatic have a revolving door of talent, WE changed rosters as recently as 1 month before the S2 championships, etc. I get the streaming part, but NA is no different than the other regions in terms of roster changes.

Also, pre-level 30 tactics hitting the pro scene. Invictus Gaming just tried a no jungler comp against Moscow 5.

garath

Also:

bind pls

Interesting how he says that he fears azubu blaze with reapered the most. Wonder if that's a little jab against their roster change. I know reapered is really good. Can't imagine this change is that good for them. But who knows.

scy

Interesting how he says that he fears azubu blaze with reapered the most. Wonder if that's a little jab against their roster change. I know reapered is really good. Can't imagine this change is that good for them. But who knows.

To be fair, I think they got rid of Reapered because they didn't like his personality with the team.

BlazinAm

How is the matchmaking for Draft Pick on Summoner's Rift? Still deciding how to spend my 6000ip looking for champions similar to Shyvana or should I try and get as many champs to get 16 so I could get in.

garath

How is the matchmaking for Draft Pick on Summoner's Rift? Still deciding how to spend my 6000ip looking for champions similar to Shyvana or should I try and get as many champs to get 16 so I could get in.

Its pretty good. I enjoy draft pick modes be it ranked or normals. I only play blind pick if I'm practicing a particular champ and don't expect to be able to pick it every time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I still don't get why only American teams get shit for the roster changes. Azubu Blaze axed Reapered for Flame, Azubu Frost ditched Locodoco and had Woong change roles for Shy, SK and Fnatic have a revolving door of talent, WE changed rosters as recently as 1 month before the S2 championships, etc. I get the streaming part, but NA is no different than the other regions in terms of roster changes.

Also, pre-level 30 tactics hitting the pro scene. Invictus Gaming just tried a no jungler comp against Moscow 5.

Those changes are due to contracts and how Progaming as a whole works in Korea. Just saying. It works very different from how it is in NA.

BlazinAm

Its pretty good. I enjoy draft pick modes be it ranked or normals. I only play blind pick if I'm practicing a particular champ and don't expect to be able to pick it every time.

My problem was that in my last game 3 people stopp
ed playing on our side. They had something to do or whatever. Almost every game I have been in this weekend, there is at least one person no playing within five minutes, making it harder.

going to give the group GAF a go downloading mumble now.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

It is expensive, built from stupid base items (there are better), and your damage is based on how much health your enemy had. If the enemy have a lot of health, more likely it is a tank stacking both armor and magic resist, the last guy you want to target. If you want to focus the enemy carry, the chance is they won't have enough health to make it any better than a wit's end (or any other ad item) that cost a lot less.

BlazinAm

we got no life.

Well that is the max level so I get it. But i was kinda looking for someone to play with makes it easier than playing with randoms and rolling the dice.

It is expensive, built from stupid base items (there are better), and your damage is based on how much health your enemy had. If the enemy have a lot of health, more likely it is a tank stacking both armor and magic resist, the last guy you want to target. If you want to focus the enemy carry, the chance is they won't have enough health to make it any better than a wit's end (or any other ad item) that cost a lot less.

hrmmm I will keep that in mind when I play again. I only have shyvana and Alistar.

Achtius

Well that is the max level so I get it. But i was kinda looking for someone to play with makes it easier than playing with randoms and rolling the dice.

hrmmm I will keep that in mind when I play again. I only have shyvana and Alistar.

wit's end, lantern, and FM. you'll stick to them like glue.

BlazinAm

Is the Not Gaf mumble server the right server? I used the info in the OP.

Might play some games later after dinner, plus I have my first win of the day bonus that should be available in like 2 hours.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Is the Not Gaf mumble server the right server? I used the info in the OP.

Might play some games later after dinner, plus I have my first win of the day bonus that should be available in like 2 hours.

It is, there is a section for GAF if you scroll down below.

BlazinAm

just ask in game chat if they want to play. if they do ask them to go on mumble when u are starting a game. waiting there wont' do you much good. You can always try to ask people who are already to see if they have room (esp if you only see if there are only 4 people).

<3

I was setting up my mic and they are playing a game so yea.lol

Ferrio

Banned

Check your damage breakdown after a match, shyv's damage is usually split 50/50 down magic/physical. The abyssal scepter will give her MR for fights, and reduce their mr so your W and E do more damage... especially in dragonform in teamfights. It also boosts your wit's end damage.

Though if someone already has one, ignore my advice.

dimb

Check your damage breakdown after a match, shyv's damage is usually split 50/50 down magic/physical. The abyssal scepter will give her MR for fights, and reduce their mr so your W and E do more damage... especially in dragonform in teamfights. It also boosts your wit's end damage.

Though if someone already has one, ignore my advice.
I don't play Shyv because I'm smart enough to play Mundo, but this seems like a terrible idea. Huge waste of stats on the Wand.

Pirabear

Banned
Is there any penalty for disconnecting? On a 9 game lose streak because at least one person on my team DCs within the first 5 minutes, the last four games of said streak ended up being 3v5. Game is starting to become unfun since I almost expect every game to involve stalling for 20 minutes and surrendering. :/

Q8D3vil

Is there any penalty for disconnecting? On a 9 game lose streak because at least one person on my team DCs within the first 5 minutes, the last 4 games of said streak ended up being 3v5. Game is starting to become unfun since I almost expect every game to involve stalling for 20 minutes and surrendering. :/

there an leaver detector that will auto ban anyone who disconnect a lot.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is there any penalty for disconnecting? On a 9 game lose streak because at least one person on my team DCs within the first 5 minutes, the last four games of said streak ended up being 3v5. Game is starting to become unfun since I almost expect every game to involve stalling for 20 minutes and surrendering. :/

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom