• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

Inhouse game went really well.

Also, seriously, who bans Lulu?
Just had a game where someone banned Teemo of all things as their first ban.

My guess is one bad experience will sour a player against ever playing against a certain champion again.

XeroSauce

Just had a game where someone banned Teemo of all things as their first ban.

My guess is one bad experience will sour a player against ever playing against a certain champion again.

I did that against Karthus so many times

Never again, Requiem, never again.

Boken

Banned
I never really knew what Jayce's skills did.....

His hammer knockback does 20% of max hp as bonus magic damage? Wtf that shit is broken for laning

Blizzard

Banned

His hammer knockback does 20% of max hp as bonus magic damage? Wtf that shit is broken for laning
I guess I never tried it, but one approach is presumably maxing it and trying to do Q E over and over again, kind of like wukong's dash cloak combo.

Ken

Tried to abuse this against a Kayle.

It worked, but against anyone with better sustain I'd imagine you'll run into mana problems.

scy

Pre-patch? His E is only 40 Mana, his Q at level 1 is only 40 Mana. His W gives you 6 Mana/hit so it's really not that bad. Get used to having to cs some in Hammer mode basically. You basically just harass in Cannon mode and then swap for a quick QE + auto (to get the Ultimate passive going) and then get ~5-6 Hammer swings before going back to Cannon harass.

If you're trying to EQ Cannon harass AND QE Hammer harass then, yeah, you'll probably hit mana issues crazy fast.

Q8D3vil

build sheen early too and u wont even need hammer form w passive.
i always max E against Vlad and riven.
riven vs irelia is such a broken matchup.
i meant that literally, Irelia stun/slow don work when riven is using her Q combo so gives huge advantage to riven.
i dont think they will fix this shitty bug anytime soon :/

Blizzard

Banned
build sheen early too and u wont even need hammer form w passive.
i always max E against Vlad and riven.

i meant that literally, Irelia stun/slow don work when riven is using her Q combo so gives huge advantage to riven.
i dont think they will fix this shitty bug anytime soon :/
On the flip side, Irelia with mercury treads lowers Riven's stun time to what, 0.2 seconds or something? :p And Irelia should outscale and become a huge tanky problem for the enemy team, if she does well and avoids dying early.

Q8D3vil

On the flip side, Irelia with mercury treads lowers Riven's stun time to what, 0.2 seconds or something? :p And Irelia should outscale and become a huge tanky problem for the enemy team, if she does well and avoids dying early.
i know irelia scales better, but Irelia E stun is a huge part of her play to survive lane so getting attacked every fucking time by riven full combo and not being able to do anything about it is bullshit.

Boken

Banned
Irelia v Riven is one of the best top lane matches.

Believe it or not, Irelia is favoured in that matchup - statistically and theoretically.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Viable or not, Gangplank is fun as hell and I'm gonna roll with him for a while.
The answer is not.

Jayce is pretty bluntly one of the top champions, but you have to realize that he doesn't have a real ultimate so his damage has to spill out into other places. In some ways it sounds like more than it is, and most of his attacks have long cooldowns because he's designed around running through his entire kit and swapping between forms.

If you look at the numbers something like Olaf's Reckless Swing will actually put out a lot more hurt unless you're looking at really huge HP pools, and even then it might win out. Jayce actually sits behind a few other champs when it comes to damage. His strength is more in his versatility, usefulness to his entire team, and the fact that he can't get shut out. Without a real ultimate his damage is more spread out across abilities.

Jayce is an exceptionally safe laner who is difficult to shut out, but he can also control the lane and has little difficulty up close. His range is huge. Like, we're talking almost as long as Xerath. But in reality he doesn't trade all that well unless you let him get his full combo off, particularly after other champions hit six. He's not only potentially weak to champions with harass, but also those with burst. Slows and CC also hinder him much more than other champions because he's reliant on running through his lengthy combo.

He's not as all powerful as people make him out to be. Not to say he isn't strong, but he can actually be dealt with, and his impact on games kept to a minimum as long as you know how to lane against him.

Hauk

Neo Member
Would've preferred a new support over another assassin once again, just to have some choice in support champs. Seems like really small pool that people choose from to play support. Though Blitz and Nunu have been on the rise lately.. Unconventional choices like that, compared to how they were used much much earlier.

Ken

Would've preferred a new support over another assassin once again, just to have some choice in support champs. Seems like really small pool that people play support to me. Though Blitz and Nunu have been on the rise lately.. Unconventional choices like that, compared to how they were used much much earlier.

Yeah there hasn't been a new support since Lulu?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yeah there hasn't been a new support since Lulu?
I think Riot said they were looking to release something like two supports a year. There really doesn't need to be more.

The support role isn't really something that needs to be vastly expanded, and a pretty sizable chunk of the roster is already support capable or dedicated.

Ken

I think Riot said they were looking to release something like two supports a year. There really doesn't need to be more.

The support role isn't really something that needs to be vastly expanded, and a pretty sizable chunk of the roster is already support capable or dedicated.

More options would be nice beyond banana girl, gems, Blitz, and sun lady.

Ferga

Except you don't level that first because you have no wave clearing ability.

You level Q first in msot matchups

I wish I could learn Jayce. He looks so cool, and his personality is cool.

Also, all his forms are terrifying. EQ does, like, a million damage with IE equipped. His Hammer knockback also hits for a lot. In a fight he's guaranteed to shut one person down.

So, potential AP offensive tanks?

Nautilus.
Singed.
Gragas.
Maybe Shen/Malphite/Amumu/Nunu.
To an even lesser extent Galio and Alistar (because they can't really do that much damage).

Who am I missing here?

ashe

think about it

not too much tho

Actually, I used Ashe as a tank, once. Weird, but surprisingly functional due to the element of surprise. I forgot to change the runes and masteries from the previous match where I tanked with Rammus so I just went with it and you know what? It was actually very fun. XD

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Magic Penetration Leona is the best AP offensive tank.

You also forgot chogath, and phoenix udyr with wit's end.

Magic Penetration Leona is the best AP offensive tank.

You also forgot chogath, and phoenix udyr with wit's end.

Ah yes, Cho's a beast and I play him often, how could I forget...

Leona, you say... hmmmmm, I'll have to try that out when she pops up in rotation.

As for Udyr, even if that is so I absolutely loathe him and hate his moveset, therefore, we'll pretend that he wasn't mentioned, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom