• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who read GD (general discussion on the official forums) what has the response been like to this? Are there any common sentiments you've noticed?

zkylon

zkylewd
you're a silly name for a weapon
ibmvXbcW3sLzhn.jpg

PUNY HUMAN I MADE YOUR HAPPY EVIL FACE KINDA SAD

Holy shit, Dignitas jungler IWillDominate was permabanned for toxic behavior and is not allowed to compete with the team in any Season 3 tournaments.

the awesome/shitty part is that he gets booted right before the teams get their season 3 salary, something like 25k per player and sub. And he won't get any of the awesome sponsor equipment like PC's, peripherals, etc. I also think he dropped out of his last semester of college to focus on league.

I've been playing for ~3 weeks and was finally starting to feel really comfortable in most roles, now I feel like I have to learn everything all over again.

fffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu D:

zkylon

zkylewd
iHqi2S2os65Ah.png

Random items new meta.

I even forgot about upgrading the sightstone lol

(I was support, Kayle was mid for some reason)

bluemax

Banned
New support items are the hotness.

Tried one game jungling so far, as Nocturne. My first time through was kind of slow and I had much lower health than before. After that things were better, although at the end I had pretty low gold (other team surrendered around 25 minutes in). The new item paths for some things will take getting used too.

Also played Brand mid. Got beat hard in lane by a bruiser Nidalee, but I came back strong as I picked up more items and melted the other team in team fights. Was hilarious hitting Graves with my Q and dropping him to half health.

About to try top lane Teemo.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Season 3....

1. Spent 20 seconds in store every time.
2. Support will no longer put more than 2 wards out at a time
3. Corki jungle.....
4. Spam 3 spells + AA to take down cannon minion (totally worth it)
5. Too cheap for oracle (map will have only 2 wards anyway)
6. Death timer is funner than the actual game, gotta check out dat store!

Saprol

Sightstone and flask enables my laziness. I really don't want to dig through the new store each time to buy separate ward/pots. More than one column of items would probably help. I don't need a gigantic tree graph depicting how to build items.

zkylon

zkylewd
Season 3....

1. Spent 20 seconds in store every time.
2. Support will no longer put more than 2 wards out at a time
3. Corki jungle.....
4. Spam 3 spells + AA to take down cannon minion (totally worth it)
5. Too cheap for oracle (map will have only 2 wards anyway)
6. Death timer is funner than the actual game, gotta check out dat store!
I actually lol'd.

New store is terribad.

Also just 15 6 13 with Diana, so now I'm happy with her. Built her pretty tanky and it worked pretty good, even if I had kinda fed Cassiopeia in lane phase.

scy

Just change the store from the text list to just icons. Makes it a lot easier to deal with.

I dunno, it's pretty convenient to find things.

Blizzard

Banned
Here are my super awesome impressions from one game.

It takes me forever to find a ward. Even once I'd taken the time to find the text box (which is not obvious in all the other green frames in my opinion), I would still type "ward" pretty much every single time I needed one. Being able to bookmark items or use custom pages seems like it would be more handy.

Or, being able to type once the store pops up...is there a shortcut that does this already? I started typing and didn't see anything so I gave up.

I'm REALLY not a fan of the small font size, even with max font size set. One of my friends commented on the same thing, and someone in my game. The scoreboard, for instance, has small font. Also, chat does this weird slight wobble thing sometimes, like it's jittering.

Trying to check how many potions I had, and how many potions the opposite mid laner had, seemed kind of hard to do, but maybe if I made the overall HUD scale bigger it would help that part.

I forgot to ever get a level 3 boot upgrade. Vamp scepter is super expensive now. Black cleaver seemed nice. Liandry's seemed very powerful. There was a Lux on the other team destroying everyone with it. Wraiths took a little longer to kill but weren't TOO bad.

I think there are good ideas in the store, but the layout could probably be adjusted a bit to make certain UI elements clearer.

Saprol

Or, being able to type once the store pops up...is there a shortcut that does this already? I started typing and didn't see anything so I gave up.

I think you need to press enter before you can type to search. That's about as far as I bothered testing. Don't know how you navigate your search results. I'd prefer shortcuts rather than a search engine.

scy

Here are my super awesome impressions from one game.

It takes me forever to find a ward.

Set the shop to the grid instead of list. Every single champion in the game has wards (and potions) as a recommended item at the bottom of the page. Don't even need to scroll with the shop set to the grid view.

Blizzard

Banned
Set the shop to the grid instead of list. Every single champion in the game has wards (and potions) as a recommended item at the bottom of the page. Don't even need to scroll with the shop set to the grid view.
I didn't even see the grid option, thanks.

EXGN

Man, I thought having all these new items would be sick, but jesus, people don't understand how to play with them.

Take Banner of Command for example. I tell my team I will use Promote in 30 seconds and to head toward Baron. I use Promote. But then my team doesn't understand the concept of split pushing so they just mill about the middle of the map, my promoted minion gets killed and I've essentially just wasted the CD.

I mean, I realize that not everyone is gonna get these strategies, but damn is it frustrating. Hopefully as people get used to the items they start to learn how to play with them.

Cathcart

Aw yeah, undefeated since the patch!

I went 2-0 tonight, including my first game playing Sejuani. I played her jungle and fortunately I had some breathing room since the other team didn't have a jungler (idk what my normal elo is but it's probably like, let's say 4). By level 6 our solo top was having a hard time because he was also trying out a new character so I went and backed him up and we got a couple of kills and then rolled on mid. Good times.

I like Sejuani a lot more than I thought I would. I was just winging it as far as build goes but did ok with spirit stone, Liandry's (probably dumb I guess), Frozen Heart and I was working on BV when we won. I'd like some CDR though because there were a few times I really really wanted Q back and didn't get it in time. Ended up 6/4/20. Gonna have to try her out some more.

Second game was support Zyra. Really liking the utility tree. I took the free food and ward masteries, they're probably not necessary but it let me buy more stuff at the start so I think I'll stick with it for now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
To those who read GD (general discussion on the official forums) what has the response been like to this? Are there any common sentiments you've noticed?
It is simply too early to know or take anything as fact until there is more time with the patch. There is kind of a general craziness to many games being played as people try to adjust to UI changes building and finding items they don't know much about, or have experience with.

There is definitely a large shift in how the game plays out, so people also have to adjust to things like that. Upfront it seems like a broader range of champions have the opportunity to excel. However there is still the potential for certain champions to emerge on top again and create a more static metagame as people find the best champions once again. It is almost immediately obvious that Olaf is too strong, for example. After things play out I still expect to see Olaf, Jax, or Irelia in almost every game, but there are more avenues to deal with them as non-traditional picks.
I like Sejuani a lot more than I thought I would. I was just winging it as far as build goes but did ok with spirit stone, Liandry's (probably dumb I guess), Frozen Heart and I was working on BV when we won. I'd like some CDR though because there were a few times I really really wanted Q back and didn't get it in time. Ended up 6/4/20. Gonna have to try her out some more.
The cooldown on her charge is very long until you put points into it. At the same time it is sort of the least attractive ability to level up. Between runes and masteries alone you can pick up a decent amount of CDR, but it is always an ability you have to be judicious about using.

As far as builds go I don't know that Banshee's Veil is all that great on her. You don't gain much of its passive on her, and the mana isn't particularly useful. I still get the feeling Abyssal will be a better pickup on her. The new Spirit Visage will probably be the more rational and all purpose choice, and I even see Aegis -> Runic Bulwark as a viable option when you are only looking for a medium amount of MR. Sejuani will wind up with a more situational build than other junglers. I still need to look into comboing Liandry's Torment and Rylai's, as the damage output on it is supposedly extremely high.

dimb

I suspect Liandry's Torment would be good on her.
no...don't do this.

In reality Liandry's Torment is not a great item because it uses current health instead of max health. On tanky champions it works out, and it also is good to build late game after getting a Haunting Guise mid and following it up with other stuff. Don't build it first or second or probably even third though.

Blizzard

Banned
Shouldn't you be getting DFG instead? Makes her burst even stronger.
That's probably better, since they rebuffed it to add the CDR again if I remember correctly.

DFG isn't new though, so I was trying to think if there was anything new that would make Akali funny. Hextech sweeper should in theory help against her, but I don't know if rushing that against Akali is a good idea.

Ideas:

Mids who start flask can potentially drop mp5 runes in favour of hp/level runes because of the extra mana sustain.

Support Teemo who builds banner of command during the laning phase and moves straight to being a dedicated split pusher.

That's probably better, since they rebuffed it to add the CDR again if I remember correctly.

DFG isn't new though, so I was trying to think if there was anything new that would make Akali funny. Hextech sweeper should in theory help against her, but I don't know if rushing that against Akali is a good idea.

It also increases magic damage dealt to the target by 20% for 4 seconds. Really good for burst casters.

zkylon

zkylewd
Seems like all I needed to get my mojo back was a complete overhaul of UI, items, jungle and miscellaneous minor and not so minor changes.

ibequZMJphYxPc.PNG

Also, I think I get it now. Diana is OP.

----

Grid mode for the shop is better but it's still pretty terrible. Finding items for my support Lux was a drag.

Solune

Also, I think I get it now. Diana is OP.

Grid mode for the shop is better but it's still pretty terrible. Finding items for my support Lux was a drag.

=D. Diana gets so much hate that even if you aren't performing the best on the team the enemy team still blames the champion for their loss.

Also yah, the new UI is terrible even when switching to grid mode.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Needs cooldown boots for that 20 seconds laser.

dimb

=D. Diana gets so much hate that even if you aren't performing the best on the team the enemy team still blames the champion for their loss.
Picked or banned in nearly 100% of the games at IPL.

zkylon

zkylewd
Love the Soraka-Ashe choreography :p

I think it helped that I didn't get any super hard lanes today, like I went against an AP Yi once, another Diana, etc. If I'd gotten a Gragas I'd be in way more serious trouble (I'm playing mostly blind pick nowadays).

The key to Diana seems to be finding the right moment to dive against the carry, and I'm liking building her a lot more tankier than I usually do with mids. I'm doing like double doran's, merc or sorc boots, depending on how I'm doing, abyss, then straight to GA. I might slip a haunting guise in there if I'm doing alright, but so far that's been working for me, leaving rabs for later.

Merc treads on Lux, why have you soiled her feet with such shitty boots.
Heh, Kass was getting pretty fed early on so I figured I could use the tenacity+MR. I was chugging elixir after elixir, so my laser was in the mid 30s, not that bad, considering I basically just E'd Kass, then laser'd him to pop the passive and just make his day a little more miserable.

Needs cooldown boots for that 20 seconds laser.
I always go sorc's with Lux. I'm already getting a bunch of CDR from masteries, Athene's, and blue buff/elixirs.

-----------

By the way, there's a new Enigma Item Changer version for the new shop. You can fill up the new recommended items categories with drag and drop and all. It even supports multiple builds for the same champion.

Get it people! http://enigmablade.net/lol-item-changer/download.html

Solune

Picked or banned in nearly 100% of the games at IPL.
What have you done to your avatar.
I think it helped that I didn't get any super hard lanes today, like I went against an AP Yi once, another Diana, etc. If I'd gotten a Gragas I'd be in way more serious trouble (I'm playing mostly blind pick nowadays).
Oh laning, I thought you were looking for a jungler?
The key to Diana seems to be finding the right moment to dive against the carry, and I'm liking building her a lot more tankier than I usually do with mids. I'm doing like double doran's, merc or sorc boots, depending on how I'm doing, abyss, then straight to GA. I might slip a haunting guise in there if I'm doing alright, but so far that's been working for me, leaving rabs for later.
Depending on team comp I always build straight AP or sneak in torment + rylai's. I only play her jungle now though so I always get spirit of wraith asap. Been using Kat mid forever. New favorite item is iceborn though especially for jungling.

new jungle definitely fit my style perfectly.

I really like it too, Although I think i've had more success since I've changed my masteries but it's good. pre-6 ganks aren't as difficult as I thought.

bjb

Banned
So I'm 3-0 Jungle Riven in ranked post-patch. I almost have to buy the Machete at lvl 1, but end up selling it so quick after a kill or two. Such a waste of gold. Just seems like a needless roadblock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom