• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's all that crack cocaine probably, goes to his underdeveloped head.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh, I get it now. I thought you were calling me crazy.

image.php

"WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
*lasers*

Solune

I think Vi looks like a discarded Boredlands character

lol boredlands. She does remind me of Lilith/Maya too. Neon Racer Skin is where its at because obviously Captain Falcon references everywhere. Needs a scarf IMO though.

LOL Garbage Lux skin is Garbage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What did you guys want from Lux? She looks pretty Steely...as advertised.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I too would like that as a Lux skin.

All Lux skins are acceptable.

zkylon

zkylewd
None of her skins are acceptable :/

New default splash art is ok, spellthief model is kinda ok, that's about it.

Somebody, somewhere, has masturbated to this.
lol, I thought it cute rather than suggestive, but I'm sure someone somewhere has fapped to the new Lux skin as well...

Cathcart

Oh man, so many games people locked in support first tonight. As a dude who usually plays support I didn't mind getting a chance to play Varus and jungle Nocturne, though :) I did get 3 Nami games in and won all three. Loving her abilities, so far I'm pretty much building her just like Lulu and having tons of fun in team fights. Good times.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh man, so many games people locked in support first tonight. As a dude who usually plays support I didn't mind getting a chance to play Varus and jungle Nocturne, though :) I did get 3 Nami games in and won all three. Loving her abilities, so far I'm pretty much building her just like Lulu and having tons of fun in team fights. Good times.

I know! It's awful right :(.

inky

She's not a robot either but look at the hideous new skin they gave her

I wouldn't mind an actual robot skin (like, Metropolis robot Lux) but that armor is just fugly and the color scheme is bland.

I would like something like a Marching Band uniform for her, or Insane Asylum runaway patient, or something that fits her more.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wouldn't mind an actual robot skin (like, Metropolis robot Lux) but that armor is just fugly and the color scheme is bland.

I would like something like a Marching Band uniform for her, or Insane Asylum runaway patient, or something that fits her more.
Actually those are all really great skin ideas, though Metropolis robot might suit Ori better.

Hakkapell

Neo Member
So far with 2 games as Nami I went:

6/5/27
5/5/40

Both games my team won.

I love using Nami. Though CDR and mana regen is a definite must or else you will be screwed hard by cooldowns. Her speed also is lackluster so you have to position yourself behind your allies or you will die very fast. Her Q is also like brand's W so you have to anticipate where they will go. Overall I love using Nami and her ulti does help with initiation of team fights.

Ferrio

Banned
In a game as blitzcrank. The other teams vayne and teemo is getting outta control. No worries I say, I'll buy a randuins!

Little did I know they took off the attack speed active on it...

Raide

What is LoL like for first-time players? I have heard the community can be a bit brutal on newbies, so I might try it out and see. Currently 75% through the download, so I still have a bit to go before I jump in. :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
What is LoL like for first-time players? I have heard the community can be a bit brutal on newbies, so I might try it out and see. Currently 75% through the download, so I still have a bit to go before I jump in. :D

I started a month ago, its not so bad. at the extreme low end you can go anywhere with any champ and no-one minds. you dont have to worry about jungle until like lvl 18-20, people talk about smurfs but i never really saw any. [or they were just that bad]

Boken

Banned
most of the assholes you will face will be smurfs when you first play

these people are basically people who have already played all the way to level 30 and feel like beating on new people. so essentially, theyre dickheads and you should feel sorry for them instead.

Anyway, the system eventually shoots them out of your "skill rating" (elo) and sometimes youll face angry people who are frustrated that they have no control over the four other people on their team and decide to flame them for it.

although, i recommend playing bot games until level 7-8 -because theyre faster to get into, youll get more used to the game, and people are nicer there ^^.

but if you intend to play in normal games ever, I would recommend doing them as soon s you can (lvl 7-8)

just have fun, and treat the games as learning experiences and just remember that sometimes people are assholes and you should feel sorry for them because something is wrong

unless you play with tomat

DONT PLAY WITH TOMAT EVER

neki is ok though

Raide

I started a month ago, its not so bad. at the extreme low end you can go anywhere with any champ and no-one minds. you dont have to worry about jungle until like lvl 18-20, people talk about smurfs but i never really saw any. [or they were just that bad]

most of the assholes you will face will be smurfs when you first play

these people are basically people who have already played all the way to level 30 and feel like beating on new people. so essentially, theyre dickheads and you should feel sorry for them instead.

Anyway, the system eventually shoots them out of your "skill rating" (elo) and sometimes youll face angry people who are frustrated that they have no control over the four other people on their team and decide to flame them for it.

although, i recommend playing bot games until level 7-8 -because theyre faster to get into, youll get more used to the game, and people are nicer there ^^.

but if you intend to play in normal games ever, I would recommend doing them as soon s you can (lvl 7-8)

just have fun, and treat the games as learning experiences and just remember that sometimes people are assholes and you should feel sorry for them because something is wrong

unless you play with tomat

DONT PLAY WITH TOMAT EVER

neki is ok though

Thanks both.

Just finished the install. We be trying it out shortly and see how I get on. :D

That new Lux skin is so hideous. Seriously, it's the worst I've seen in a long time. Probably designed by the same dude that made Mountain Dew Darius.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so what happens when you fight 5v5 vs a baron'd team with more kills, under their tower with only one wave of normal minions?

apparently if you have a kat, you ace them 5:1.

Raide

Done a few tutorial games...kinda like it. Trying to learn not to rush into everything takes time but learning to use the creep as meat-shields is funny. :D

inky

they removed the stripping.

She now kneels and throws her chest up like she is waiting for some $1s to be thrown her way, so she can still be kinda stripper.

Plus, let's not be sexist guys. Pole-dancing is a new and exciting form of exercising that doesn't necessarily involve taking one's clothes off. Clearly that is what Riot was thinking of when they made that animation. I wouldn't be surprised if we see yoga or zumba represented next :p

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Done a few tutorial games...kinda like it. Trying to learn not to rush into everything takes time but learning to use the creep as meat-shields is funny. :D
focusing on what you can do with creeps is the best way to improve initially. when i first started i was playing bot games and tower diving all day because i thought that was the best way to get gold. It took me a few games to realize that kills don't really matter; having more gold matters. if you kill someone and then die to a tower/creep/other guy; you're just trading gold for gold, your advantage doesn't grow alongside your bank.

basically 50g:0g is better than 300g:300g

Raide

focusing on what you can do with creeps is the best way to improve initially. when i first started i was playing bot games and tower diving all day because i thought that was the best way to get gold. It took me a few games to realize that kills don't really matter; having more gold matters. if you kill someone and then die to a tower/creep/other guy; you're just trading gold for gold, your advantage doesn't grow alongside your bank.

basically 50g:0g is better than 300g:300g

I see. I think I focus a bit too much on tower pushing but I am now learning to save more gold and buy some items. I just spend a bit too long checking out items and what they do. :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I see. I think I focus a bit too much on tower pushing but I am now learning to save more gold and buy some items. I just spend a bit too long checking out items and what they do. :D
man i still dont know what some items do. xD

every time i test something in a custom game i think to myself 'when im done this, ill just browse the shop to see whats what'. never happens.

Raide

man i still dont know what some items do. xD

every time i test something in a custom game i think to myself 'when im done this, ill just browse the shop to see whats what'. never happens.

:D

Just a quick question. Can you buy 2 of the same item and have it stack?

Also, is the online biased towards people who have paid for heroes etc? Just hoping I am not going to jump into the matches and have better heroes against me off the bat.

Also, is the online biased towards people who have paid for heroes etc? Just hoping I am not going to jump into the matches and have better heroes against me off the bat.

All items stack unless they say "UNIQUE: ..." and then only that part doesn't stack. Except for boots, which never stack. Buying champions really only gives you more choices, most champions are balanced. I never bought champs for ages and did fine.

It stacks as long as it doesn't say "Unique".

Champion price doesn't matter. The cheapest ones are some of the most frequently used ones in tourneys. Likewise, not all of the 6300IP champs are even used that often.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

yes/no.

items stack; but if the items ability or passive is called 'unique active' or 'unique passive' then they wont stack.

so you could build two doran's blades and they would stack perfectly or you could build two deathfire grasps and get twice the AP; but you wont get two activations of its ability. usually the items with unique actives/passives are worth it for those actives/passives and not purely for their stat bonuses.

no its not. lots of the strong champions are very cheap on IP. nunu/amumu/malph/morgana/jax/taric/cho being some examples of very sold champions.

plus there will always be 10 free champions for you to try out; so i'd recommend playing with the free champions if you want one of the more expensive [ip] ones; that way you can try before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom