• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Black cleaver got nerfed to the ground in pbe.
Yeah, will it still be viable? Someone was saying that even before, black cleaver + last whisper did more damage than black cleaver + black cleaver. Now the difference should be even bigger. Will the health + CDR be enough to still be worth buying?

I find the stackable penetration to be a bigger issue. Makes champions like Talon quite crazy.
When was the last time anyone complained about Talon being crazy, let alone viable? You should feel sorry for the poor guy.

She now kneels and throws her chest up like she is waiting for some $1s to be thrown her way, so she can still be kinda stripper.
Hasn't Katarina done that ever since the remake? The "kneel and/or aim breasts towards the sky thing" seemed like a mini-trend at the time, since I thought Zyra did it too.

Raide

Re: Stacking items.

Cool news. I am playing the first Archer lady and learning how things work. I have tried all 3 starter ones but her and the warrior seem to be my favourites early on.

Blizzard

Banned
Re: Stacking items.

Cool news. I am playing the first Archer lady and learning how things work. I have tried all 3 starter ones but her and the warrior seem to be my favourites early on.
It's been so long, I forget what the starters are. Archer Lady, Warrior With Demacia, and who...Girl With Painful Bear?

Goddammit why do so many shacos spend all their time counter jungling. You're a ganker, shaco, just go gank. Why are you trying to take a level 6 warwick's red. Ahhhhhhh.

Achtius

Annie!

ANNIE.png

yes they got a Ad LB. but I beat ahri.

scy

Yeah, will it still be viable? Someone was saying that even before, black cleaver + last whisper did more damage than black cleaver + black cleaver. Now the difference should be even bigger. Will the health + CDR be enough to still be worth buying?

Of course it's still viable. It's a better early game value and the proc benefits the team. Right now, Armor is not a viable stat at all due to the increased cost and how easy it is to shred. Even with this change, this won't really change all that much.

Q8D3vil

just played mundo jungle, ended up with boots, spirit visage, 3 warmogs and 1 atmas.
mundo go & fuck who he pleases.
need to buy skin for him now :X

Blizzard

Banned
Goddammit why do so many shacos spend all their time counter jungling. You're a ganker, shaco, just go gank. Why are you trying to take a level 6 warwick's red. Ahhhhhhh.
Because box-camping certain bushes with Shaco may be nearly a guaranteed kill early on. Against level 6 Warwick perhaps not the best idea though.

scy

Enemy surrendered after Sona got a triple kill.

I rarely get to finish builds these days.

I just don't like the concept, the execution isn't half bad.

I'm curious on what it'll look like as a finished product. Eternum Nocturne, for instance, looked pretty meh without the particle effects on his skills and the skin itself.

Even with completed particles it's just so ugly and has absolutely nothing to do with Lux.

A lot of skins don't have anything to do with their champion. I wouldn't hold that against them really :x

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm curious on what it'll look like as a finished product. Eternum Nocturne, for instance, looked pretty meh without the particle effects on his skills and the skin itself.

A lot of skins don't have anything to do with their champion. I wouldn't hold that against them really :x
It's specially annoying because all of Lux's skins are terrible quality-wise, but the concept is alright. There are worse-off champions (Evelynn comes to mind), but it sucks not having a perty skin for my favorite champion :/

Blizzard

Banned
Yep, not viable at all.
That's one game, though, plus it lasted 54 minutes rather than 40 or less. I'm not convinced Talon works consistently well/better than other champions in say, a series of 10-20 games. Feel free to prove me wrong though, since I'd love to counter people with Talon mid.

Inskipp

I'm not convinced Talon works consistently well/better than other champions
Why is that, exactly? I mean, other than the above statement about AD- assassins falling off, Talon generally has a nice kit for blowing up squishies and getting away with it.

Also the fact that all of his abilities (including the dot from Q) procs off Black Cleaver bumps him up a couple of notches.

zkylon

zkylewd
All the sexy skins for female characters have absolutely nothing to do with their characters, no one else seems to mind that though. :p
I'm not looking for outlandishly sluttish, but something like Foxfire Ahri can be cool, witty and sexy. Riot lately is like LULZ ROBOTZ.

tumblr_m9ozkcXQS11rn4968o4_1280.jpg

This is what Riot should look at when saying "let's design a new skin". It's fucking awesome.

scy

Why is that, exactly? I mean, other than the above statement about AD- assassins falling off, Talon generally has a nice kit for blowing up squishies and getting away with it.

Also the fact that all of his abilities (including the dot from Q) procs off Black Cleaver bumps him up a couple of notches.

On that note, he (along with Teemo) are almost ban worthy for games.

Ken

I'm not looking for outlandishly sluttish, but something like Foxfire Ahri can be cool, witty and sexy. Riot lately is like LULZ ROBOTZ.

This is what Riot should look at when saying "let's design a new skin". It's fucking awesome.

But that's just kitsune.

Robots and spellcasters? WHAT A NOVEL CONCEPT.

Are there any other aura debuffs like Frozen Heart and Randuins?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So you want more recolors? The new Lux skin has a bunch of new animations and small tweaks.

scy

Robots and spellcasters? WHAT A NOVEL CONCEPT.

Hextech Lux next skin confirmed.

Are there any other aura debuffs like Frozen Heart and Randuins?

Iceborn Gauntlets, if that counts (isn't an aura but creates a field). Edit: Likewise, Shard of True Ice's Active, I guess.

On that note, I want to do more Locket builds for support. Bonus survivability on the support and surprise Barrier on a 60 second cooldown.

And like I said, new animations look good, the concept is what's terrible.

My complaint with the skin is that her last two were Commando and Imperial. Going back to a whimsical skin for her would've been nice. I'll hold judgement on the skin until I see the rest in action. I just want Kat skin for new particle effects.

Blizzard

Banned

My understanding was that the big problem hindering Talon laning previously was mana usage. That hasn't changed as far as I'm aware. The difference would be that Talon can now do more burst/harass damage than he used to be able to. Black Cleaver is presumably getting nerfed once or twice which will in the process tone Talon back down, and I guess Talon's kit is better than Zed's kit for countering AP mids (though Zed doesn't require mana). I guess what I'm unconvinced about is whether a tanky or careful AP mid could run Talon out of mana. Maybe it doesn't matter.

I always kind of wanted to buy Talon to counter certain champions, but he's always like 630000 IP. :(

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't see how you can come to that conclusion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_bjyqdr_OY

And like I said, new animations look good, the concept is what's terrible.
Foxfire Ahri looks almost the same to me with almost unnoticeable visual tweaks to the outfit without changing anything. She is the same to me...but with fire. I don't see what's so awful about this Lux. Did you freak out over Commando Lux?

zkylon

zkylewd
My complaint with the skin is that her last two were Commando and Imperial. Going back to a whimsical skin for her would've been nice. I'll hold judgement on the skin until I see the rest in action. I just want Kat skin for new particle effects.
Kat skin looks hideous too heh....

Foxfire Ahri looks almost the same to me with almost unnoticeable visual tweaks to the outfit without changing anything. She is the same to me...but with fire. I don't see what's so awful about this Lux. Did you freak out over Commando Lux?
Foxfire Ahri has no new animations but the skin is pretty different, pretty fiery tails, different particle effects for her ball, new clothes, great splash art, it's the real deal.

And when I started playing Commando Lux was already around, and I think it's terrible as all Lux's skins are.

Ferga

Umm.. Shaco canbe played in different ways. The best shacos gain map control through counter jungling.

???

And you do know that stealing buffs majorly screws up a jungler right? That's half a level gone with one monster.

Blizzard

Banned
I've tried only a couple of the other boots, but I'm not sure I can ever give up homeguard. I wouldn't be surprised if it's nerfed though. :S

I got caught like an idiot in my last game, might have killed their AP carry as I went down to their team as Zed. I think it might have been the same fight though, by the time it was all over and their support + AD were left to take down the front mid turret, I had revived, raced up the middle with boots of mobility + homeguard, and I think doublekilled them. I love moving fast.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Well I mean it can go both ways.

You can just as easily say: Why does Riot only make fire/frozen skin variants omg so unoriginal!!! I wanna see Riot actually use that k-pop Ahri skin that was posted awhile back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom