• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It all depends on what happens!

Time for Baron:
Did it work? -> Praise Rizzle/Merc/Rex/whoever is jungling.
Did it fail? -> Blame kiunch.
Did nothing happen? -> Blame kiunch, steal his blue buff.

rofl. so true.

garath

I don't see how it affects rengar that much.... the people that played him without looking at the map will start losing cause they can't panic R or panic W but he can still do the same thing as before as long as you pay attention now.

Seems pretty huge to me. 3 second delay on stealth means it'll be a lot tougher to use as an escape. The damage on the W is reduced by 22% and the heal reduced by 33%. Those are pretty big numbers. He won't be able to stack health and still do nearly as much damage. Probably still see some AD/cooldown built junglers but I dunno.

I'll still play him. One of my favorite champs. The nerfs make me super sad though.

Ken

Seems pretty huge to me. 3 second delay on stealth means it'll be a lot tougher to use as an escape. The damage on the W is reduced by 22% and the heal reduced by 33%. Those are pretty big numbers. He won't be able to stack health and still do nearly as much damage. Probably still see some AD/cooldown built junglers but I dunno.

I'll still play him. One of my favorite champs. The nerfs make me super sad though.

gg rengar

Leezard

A maximum of 3 seconds. You'll probably need 2 or 3 enemies attacking him to get it that high. He'll still be able to easily escape a gank, he might not be able to attack and see if he can kill one of the attackers first though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thrill of the Hunt now has a short delay before his stealth, 1.25 seconds and delayed up to 3 seconds if hit.
To me it reads like it has a base 1.25 delay, that it's extended to 3 the moment he's hit, no need for anyone else to hit him.

photo.JPG

Lux looks sad.

Leezard

To me it reads like it has a base 1.25 delay, that it's extended to 3 the moment he's hit, no need for anyone else to hit him.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SmU-quCOLhw/UMJTydBO8pI/AAAAAAAAArY/pYGFvXfNZAo/s1600/photo.JPG[IMG]

Lux looks sad.[/QUOTE]
Eve, Twitch, etc had it like this before. You need way more than a single hit to delay it to the maximum delay.

Ferga

It all depends on what happens!

Time for Baron:
Did it work? -> Praise Rizzle/Merc/Rex/whoever is jungling.
Did it fail? -> Blame kiunch.
Did nothing happen? -> Blame kiunch, steal his blue buff.

Are we miles ahead? -> steal kiunch's blue buff

EXGN

Just played the stupidest game in my life where I died 10 times and still hade the least deaths on my team. It was pretty much non-stop team fighting. Just a complete breakdown of how these games are usually played haha.

mercviper

I don't know why but I get the impression you guys steal Kiunch's blue buff a lot

I don't see why. We all know the following is true:

Kiunch makes the best baron calls.
GAF always loses.
Kiunch never feeds, only throws.

With that knowledge intact, I assure you that we never steal his blue buff.

Ferga

Wait... They're taking away Christmas kat's recall because it doesn't fit her theme. Well there goes half the sales.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Wait... They're taking away Christmas kat's recall because it doesn't fit her theme. Well there goes half the sales.
I thought the theme was that she was supposed to be suggestive from the start.

inky

Doesn't Nidalee use her spear as stripper pole too? Kinda weird they deem this one unfit. Not that I really care, the skin is ugly as hell, if anything people will buy it only to resell it a couple of years from now.

scy

I think the "issue" with the theme is that Katarina gets the stripper pole out of nowhere for it.

According to Riot, she's getting new particle effects with the skin. That's good enough for me.

mercviper

Ferga

My Noc seems to be total shit in the jungle now.

Anybody running him jungle with success? What build? Runes?

I tried 2 routes with him so far:

1. 19-11 masteries going up for the armour pen. 9attack speed reds, 9armour yellows, mix of mr/level and flat mr blues and any offensive quints. I usually go 1armour pen, 2flat ad.
With this mastery page, I build wriggles, bulwark, frozen mallet or randuins omen for slowing and sticking to carries then a mr item. You want to build like this if you have no engage on the team.

2. 9-21 masteries with same runes but I think i might change my quints to lifesteal.
Build wriggles, black cleaver, phage then an on hit attack speed item. Then sunfire or frozen mallet depending on whether you want offense or defense. I find this to be a lot more fun since you do a tonne of damage but then again you aren't as Tanky so you can't immediately dive carries.

Boots just depends on the enemy team. Mix between berserkers, merc or ninja tabi. And if you are ahead, get boots3 for the extra movement eveytime you land a single target attack. I haven't tried rushing it but it does seem core for nocturne because you can get the fear off even if people flash if you started the fear tether in front of them with dusk trail on them

And noc got indirectly buffed. Trust me. He was a monster in season 1 jungle because of his single target damage and season 3 is a little more similar to season 1

And I hope you get W after Q at level 2. I mean you have 0.9 attack speed. At level 2.

mercviper

I tried 2 routes with him so far:

1. 19-11 masteries going up for the armour pen. 9attack speed reds, 9armour yellows, mix of mr/level and flat mr blues and any offensive quints. I usually go 1armour pen, 2flat ad.
With this mastery page, I build wriggles, bulwark, frozen mallet or randuins omen for slowing and sticking to carries then a mr item. You want to build like this if you have no engage on the team.

2. 9-21 masteries with same runes but I think i might change my quints to lifesteal.
Build wriggles, black cleaver, phage then an on hit attack speed item. Then sunfire or frozen mallet depending on whether you want offense or defense. I find this to be a lot more fun since you do a tonne of damage but then again you aren't as Tanky so you can't immediately dive carries.

Boots just depends on the enemy team. Mix between berserkers, merc or ninja tabi. And if you are ahead, get boots3 for the extra movement eveytime you land a single target attack. I haven't tried rushing it but it does seem core for nocturne because you can get the fear off even if people flash if you started the fear tether in front of them with dusk trail on them

And noc got indirectly buffed. Trust me. He was a monster in season 1 jungle because of his single target damage and season 3 is a little more similar to season 1

And I hope you get W after Q at level 2. I mean you have 0.9 attack speed. At level 2.

I find it odd/interesting you have a tankier build with with more offensive masteries and vice versa. I guess going both tank or both damage lead to dealing no damage and dying too much respectively?

scy

Humorously enough, that was posted after my post :x I was just assuming it based off the wording of why they were removing it. It makes the most sense that the theme clash is that it makes no sense that Katarina's Christmas skin pulls a stripper pole out of nowhere. Nidalee with a stripper pole recall, for instance, would've been fine.

Theme here being "consistent with the goal of the skin" not necessarily "consistent with the idea of the champion."

I find it odd/interesting you have a tankier build with with more offensive masteries and vice versa. I guess going both tank or both damage lead to dealing no damage and dying too much respectively?

9/21 is honestly just a better use of points anyway for AD Masteries. 9 -> 21 Offense gains you Executioner (meh), 3 AD, and 5 Armor Pen basically. This is just not that big of a deal. 5 ArPen is the worst thing to lose and that's not a huge deal with the lowered Armor across the board + Black Cleaver.

Is Teemo OP now? Why?

Even in Season 2 Teemo was ridiculous vs most bruisers in lane. He just lacked a good late game that wasn't objective control via shrooms.

Season 3 improved his build a bit so his annoyance factor in lane is just that much greater. And then you have Hurricane Teemo.

mercviper

Humorously enough, that was posted after my post :x I was just assuming it based off the wording of why they were removing it. It makes the most sense that the theme clash is that it makes no sense that Katarina's Christmas skin pulls a stripper pole out of nowhere. Nidalee with a stripper pole recall, for instance, would've been fine.

Theme here being "consistent with the goal of the skin" not necessarily "consistent with the idea of the champion."

I realized after that it was a fresh post but I was too lazy to re-edit it.

9/21 is honestly just a better use of points anyway. 9 -> 21 Offense gains you Executioner (meh), 3 AD, and 5 Armor Pen basically. This is just not that big of a deal. 5 ArPen is the worst thing to lose and that's not a huge deal with the lowered Armor across the board + Black Cleaver.

Yeah but then why not just 9/21 for both builds? *just curious*

NA UNDEFINED YOU TRICKED ME!

thereisnourflevel

Ken

Pantheon: TEEMO??? FREE LANE FOR ME.
Duo Bot: DW WE GOT THIS WE'RE A DUO.

Pantheon becomes first blood.
Duo bot feed Graves/dies to minions.

Ferga

I did this in season 1 with the most success so now I'm just playing the same way. And yeah, if you want to build damage primarily, you want some innate tankiness so you don't get demolished by a counter jungle and if you go tank, you still want to take advantage of nocturne's ridiculous early game damage.

And in season one, there weren't so many champs with dashes so building Tanky meant a 100% kill on ganks. Everyone just dashing my fear leash now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom