• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

iA2fu1bsGGNRF.gif

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
w-what anime is that?

Franken Fran; it's about a medical scientist frankenstein girl who respects life to the point she wont let anyone die, no matter what bodily horror their continued life requires. she also has a sister; an assassin whose respect for life causes her to want to give people quick and painless deaths.

Hijinks ensue. it's comedy/horror

Franken Fran; it's about a medical scientist frankenstein girl who respects life to the point she wont let anyone die, no matter what bodily horror their continued life requires. she also has a sister; an assassin whose respect for life causes her to want to give people quick and painless deaths.

Sounds... erm... it sounds... yeah.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
LoL GAF has never said anything harsh to me.

That's because you're a good player and you actually know what you're doing. And rarely made mistakes when I played with you. And you never talked back when I gave you advice. lol.

scy

The art really helps with the "horror" bits of it. And then Fran is Fran.

It's basically the Monkey's Paw twisted with operations. Fulfilling dreams and wishes in the most horrific of ways.

Ken

ranked solo queue random:

let me top pls i'm really good at top that's my strongest role put me top pls coach pls i'll never lose *10 minute lecture about how to play top* pls pls pslpsps o ty

picks teemo into cho
wards but never looks outside of his lane
loses lane
blames jungler

Blizzard

Banned
As I've probably mentioned, if anyone ever says they will win their lane in the lobby, especially if they trashtalk and say they'll "rape" or "destroy" or "pillage" or "crush", it's like a 80% chance that they will lose.

brian!

if anyone ever says they will win their lane in the lobby, especially if they trashtalk and say they'll "rape" or "destroy" or "pillage" or "crush", it's like a 80% chance that they will lose.

some beginning of game helpful hint shit going on here

Ken

As I've probably mentioned, if anyone ever says they will win their lane in the lobby, especially if they trashtalk and say they'll "rape" or "destroy" or "pillage" or "crush", it's like a 80% chance that they will lose.

Corgi the Chloe: adc
InProfanity: top
InProfanity: pls
HADES2: 아
Topiim: let me top, please.
HADES2: 반대편이군
HADES2: mid
B1uePepper: jung
HADES2: 말파
InProfanity: im not good at support.
HADES2: 벤
B1uePepper: which position do u prefer then?
InProfanity: top.
Topiim: darius, easy.

Let's see if your theory holds true.

Raide

So for the Lanes, is one of them classically more contested that the others? I would have thought Mid would be the main straight access right?

Blizzard

Banned
Topiim: let me top, please.
Topiim: darius, easy.

Let's see if your theory holds true.
They've got "top" right there in their name, seems legit. That's a tough one though. They only said "easy", and not "destroy" or "obliterate", plus they actually said "please", so I'm not sure if the trashtalk quotient is high enough.

zkylon

zkylewd
hint: everyone but you always loses their lane
hint 2: you would've won your lane if jungler would've come when you pinged

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
hint: everyone but you always loses their lane
hint 2: you would've won your lane if jungler would've came when you pinged

hint 3: support didn't ward 100% of the map, no way you could've seen that gank coming.

Blizzard

Banned
Lee Sin and Cho jungler are crushing Darius so far, so it looks like the mild darius = easy comment wasn't enough (or this is the 20% case), clearly. STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES.

*edit* Well, Darius is still down in kills after giving up first blood, but he outfarmed Lee and won the lane...however, that seemed more like due to jungle assists.

scy

Hint 3 Corollary: If you called mia, they were too busy looking at no wards on the map; if the map is warded, they were too busy looking at chat for mias. If both are covered, jungler should've been there to gank.

Ken

Lee Sin and Cho jungler are crushing Darius so far, so it looks like the mild darius = easy comment wasn't enough (or this is the 20% case), clearly. STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES.

*edit* Well, Darius is still down in kills after giving up first blood, but he outfarmed Lee and won the lane...however, that seemed more like due to jungle assists.

never got to go back and spend mah gold

Don't really know what happened in top lane but it seemed like he was getting wrecked.

pdotz: report me for what
HADES2: lol
HADES2: graves
DaedalusR: negative attitude mate
pdotz: i had the most passive leona
HADES2: i lolkingd u
pdotz: ever.
HADES2: good thing we dont have u as our adc
HADES2: gg
pdotz: rofl
pdotz: ive won every game
pdotz: today
pdotz: as adc.
pdotz: nt though
Choochiee: You are a fool
Choochiee: you push lane
pdotz: really nt.
Choochiee: to under their turret
Choochiee: and you want me to dive on a varus soraka?
Choochiee: Your a complete fool
Choochiee: look how fast he leaves when he gets called out on his stupidity.

Blizzard

Banned
never got to go back and spend mah gold

Don't really know what happened in top lane but it seemed like he was getting wrecked.
You crushed 17-6 for a quick surrender, good job.

Top lane, Lee Sin went like first blood, 2/0/2, got Cho fed, and so forth. Darius got the tower before Lee Sin did, and then they got the second one top because only Lee Sin was there to defend it, but it didn't matter since Cho was too fed and the Darius team was too terrible to stop everything. :( So I guess he lost the lane as predicted, but won the game.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Too fucking true!

Cathcart

Can someone please explain the following defense masteries?

Unyielding: Reduces the damage taken from enemy champions by 1/2
Block: Reduces damage taken from champion basic attacks by 3
Defender: Grants +1 Armor and Magic Resist for each nearby enemy champion

What I mean is, these numbers seem really low, so I'm guessing they convert to something better than, like, 2, right? Cause reducing damage by 2 sounds lame. 2 what?

scy

What I mean is, these numbers seem really low, so I'm guessing they convert to something better than, like, 2, right? Cause reducing damage by 2 sounds lame. 2 what?

Unyielding + Block = -5 Damage taken. At the start of the game when you're looking at ~60-70 Damage per hit, that's almost 10% Damage Reduction. Keep in mind this is after Armor anyway so a 70 Damage hit is reduced down to around 50 anyway so Unyielding and Block is 3 points for 10% Damage Reduction. And it's at an easy point to reach at 13 Defense.

Defender is situational +1 Armor/MR (up to +5) for 1 point. Legendary Armor is 3 points for +5% BONUS Armor/MR. That means you need +100 Armor, +100 MR for 3 points of Legendary Armor to give you the same +Armor/MR as 1 point of Defender in a team fight. At worst, it's 1 point for +1 Armor/MR which isn't that bad considering you get that for one Mastery point.

Basically, Defender is better than Legendary Armor always and you might as well save yourself the two points.

Leezard

Say someone deals 70 autohit damage level 1. You have about 30% reduction thanks to armor, which brings the total to about 50. If you have unyielding + block, you then reduce their attack by 10% extra of the damage dealt.

The point is, its a great way for someone with loads of armor to be able to soak more damage. If you are Amumu, it synergizes very well with your E. Additionally, if you buy a Dorans Shield you can block 5 extra damage per hit, which would reduce the enemies attacks by a flat 10 damage.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Mhm, mhm. Interesting...

They really add up. Freezing lanes reeeeally doable in S2 because of how many ways you can reduce incoming damage from minions. They nerfed it to mostly just champions but it's still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom