• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Nope. Someone is going steal it. Quadra an easy ace tho :p

Scumbag Nami wouldn't give me the pentakill last night :( Had to hunt her down for the delayed Penta. Kha'zix am sad.

Xspecial has a pretty good nami guide up.

I've been enjoying nami the couple games I managed to play her. She's a great control support, especially if you can bait the opponents into landing the Q.

What makes the Q so awkward is that it has a set travel time, not speed. That is, it takes the same amount of time to reach the location regardless of how far away she casts it. Getting used to that makes it a lot easier to land her Q reliably. And, once you can do that, she's pretty strong in lane due to it.

I've been doing the same build that Xpecial mentions: Sightstone to Locket with Heal. Gives you 500 HP worth in actives and gives Nami the health she needs to play more aggressive in lane. I've been trying Philo into Eleisa's instead of Chalice but not sure how I feel on it yet. Gut call is that it's not good enough. Heal is always up for teamfights anyway.

edit: watching high elo guys ban Pantheon and Kha'zix. Pantheon I understand (League of Cleavers) but Kha'zix? Guess he got a boost with the items too.

I've been playing him a bit more recently and, even with a Tear->Manamune start, I haven't had any issue with him in lane really. This is with a 9/7/14 set of Masteries for Cloth+Flask start instead of something that gets Unyielding+Block. WQEW, RWQE leveling. Laning has been W harass (and taking any free Q+Autos that come up) and being able to get a kill straight up when pushed to my turret. Kha'zix has amazing mobility come late game and his kit is basically designed around picking people off and getting out. The higher damage + lower armor makes it a lot easier for him to do his job.

Plus, he has a reset. I love me resets.

EXGN

So, how are people building junglers that used to rely on HOG for some extra gold? Before the S3 patch I used to run a lot of Mundo/Shyv/Nocturne/Xin, which all used HOG for some extra income. Feels like there isn't really an equivalent anymore and I end up finishing games with the same gold as a support between the loss of a GP5 and better map control in general (more wards=fewer successful ganks).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hY724.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Grats Panda, welcome to sub-Bronze league.

garath

So, how are people building junglers that used to rely on HOG for some extra gold? Before the S3 patch I used to run a lot of Mundo/Shyv/Nocturne/Xin, which all used HOG for some extra income. Feels like there isn't really an equivalent anymore and I end up finishing games with the same gold as a support between the loss of a GP5 and better map control in general (more wards=fewer successful ganks).

Build a sightstone instead. You'll still get health and the money saved on wards is like a GP5.

Plus the new jungle yields more money over time. I've found I need to spend a little more time farming than I used to in the old jungle.

edit:

Gratz! Do some normal drafts now. Start enjoying the ban/pick style of game.

scy

Panda to replace one of us in the regular GAF games now that he's 30.

Thanks for the insight scy46.

I should add more things to my name.

Sightstone is effectively 60% more GP10 (assuming you use all the charges) than HoG. It may not add to your gold count directly but it saves you gold in the long run that you should be spending anyway.

Honestly, Sightstones for everyone.

Raide

What Champion would be the closest to a Priest type character? I am looking at what Support character I can purchase and get better with.

Leezard

What Champion would be the closest to a Priest type character? I am looking at what Support character I can purchase and get better with.
Well, soraka works as mainly a healer. If you want more damage you can play sona. If you want to be tougher, play taric.

Boken

Banned
That picture is hideous.

Sona/Taric are probably the best supports to start learning imo

soraka does have the best healing though. But every support can take heal now

mercviper

when people ask i call it 'counter-jungling'
I need to listen to my gut more when I am getting counter jungled.

"Lee sin is acting weird top lane. He just keeps q-ing minions and leaving lane."

"I wonder if he's going to try and steal my red."
* check brush by red*
* get ambushed by Lee and Warwick and give up first blood.*

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

"Lee sin is acting weird top lane. He just keeps q-ing minions and leaving lane."

* check brush by red*

every game i get with an eve vs someone who starts blue:
eve walks up to bushes above enemy red, waits, gets first blood.

mercviper

every game i get with an eve vs someone who starts blue:
eve walks up to bushes above enemy red, waits, gets first blood.

I'm just pissed that I haven't learned from it and gone to trade reds instead when I have an early warning like that, or getting both my lanes to converge on the ambush. :<

It's like the back of my mind just tells me, "There's no way they would try to ambush me at red." even though prior data shows otherwise.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
thats okay, because your top lane got really ahead with lee constantly leaving lane early on, right?

right?

Raide

Got myself a Soraka. Is there any way to practice just against bots to get a feel for her or is the Co-op Vs AI the only way?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Got myself a Soraka. Is there any way to practice just against bots to get a feel for her or is the Co-op Vs AI the only way?

join/create - create a passworded game, add bots. her ability are pretty easy to pick up.

you just need to know:

- don't level q early
- W is your heal, but it also gives a bit of armour, so use it to help your adc trade rather then just as a heal after the fact.
- E silences enemies [and does a bit of damage], use it turn off people with dangerous ults. otherwise it gives allies energy; so if you're with an adc like eZ who can spam spells, it can be pretty good.

scy

* check brush by red*

And then your top laner goes to help, realizes he won't make it in time (/can't fight essentially 2v1), and goes back to farm lane.

Without telling you that last part until you die.

I'm a terrible person.

thats okay, because your top lane got really ahead with lee constantly leaving lane early on, right?

right?

Lee Sin came back to lane with blue buff.

To give to me.

Because he's a generous guy.

mercviper

right?

I think there was a (predictable) followup gank after I died at top that forced him to back, so whatever slight advantage gained from Lee not being top at the beginning was lost. I don't remember the results, but I know there was a gank that I'm certain was unsuccessful since I gave a heads up.

I did manage to take WW's red after though. Just hightailed it to his red brush and smite stole it, so I didn't get set back too far.

Edit: Scy with the better memory. :p I remember now that he got my blue buff, so buff transfer complete!
And then your top laner goes to help, realizes he won't make it in time (/can't fight essentially 2v1), and goes back to farm lane.

Without telling you that last part until you die.
I think the best part of that exchange was "I didn't think you'd live that long!"

scy

Edit: Scy with the better memory. :p I remember now that he got my blue buff, so buff transfer complete!

I remember it because we were talking about it for a bit after it happened and I remarked how much fun it is to free farm with Kha'zix and blue buff :x

By the way, it seems the Annie bug was figured out: Viktor in the same game as Annie will disable her ult. Because that's a thing that happens.

I think the best part of that exchange was "I didn't think you'd live that long!"

Hahaha, yeah. I got to my tri, noticed you were at like 20% with two people there so I just went back to lane. Got like 5 or 6 cs and then you died.

But, hey, 6 cs.

Agkel

Quick update: I have been following all of the advice given here and yesterday my last few matches were victories and my k/d ratio went positive on most matches (With annie, fucking love her!) I can see how me playing better has determined if and how fast we win.

Anywho I do have a question, if I set up a custom match with bots, just so I can test different characters, and I leave after testing the character out, do I get leaver infraction?

mercviper

I remember it because we were talking about it for a bit after it happened and I remarked how much fun it is to free farm with Kha'zix and blue buff :x

By the way, it seems the Annie bug was figured out: Viktor in the same game as Annie will disable her ult. Because that's a thing that happens.

THERE WAS A VIKTOR IN THAT GAME!!! :<

edit: Viktor best hard counter to Annie confirmed.

Ferrio

Banned
Soraka sounds interesting. I am wondering how much people just focus on her first and murder the medic. :D

Soraka is the definition of boring.

Quick update: I have been following all of the advice given here and yesterday my last few matches were victories and my k/d ratio went positive on most matches (With annie, fucking love her!) I can see how me playing better has determined if and how fast we win.

Anywho I do have a question, if I set up a custom match with bots, just so I can test different characters, and I leave after testing the character out, do I get leaver infraction?

You don't get penalized for leaving custom games. When I get a new character I usually set a custom game of 1v5 bots. Gives plenty of opportunities to test out the skills from various situations... of course custom game bots are stupid as infants.

Also I <3 sightstones. It's my first item after my upgrade to machete as sejuani in jungle. Proactively warding the jungle without income loss is such a godsend.

Soraka is the definition of boring.

Also I <3 sightstones. It's my first item after my upgrade to machete as sejuani in jungle. Proactively warding the jungle without income loss is such a godsend.

But banana throw is the best attack in the game. It is so demoralizing when you see it coming for you and you know you're going to die and can't do anything to live(but its the best when you get the kill with it.)

e7spd.jpg

So I finally build Black Cleaver and was starting to build that hydra...is this effective? I haven't played top lane but maybe once since season 3 preseason changes.

Blizzard

Banned
But banana throw is the best attack in the game. It is so demoralizing when you see it coming for you and you know you're going to die and can't do anything to live(but its the best when you get the kill with it.)
I forget who died to it, but I was spectating some GAF game recently and there was a hilarious kill by the enemy Soraka. I think the low HP person may have even flashed behind the tower, but THE BANANA JUST KEPT FLYING and then they died.

Also I hate everyone getting random pentakills or near pentakills. I need to play exclusively pentakill champions or something until I get one.

Nami note, I didn't even realize...her heal gives allies movement speed? Stupid me.

Samyy

I forget who died to it, but I was spectating some GAF game recently and there was a hilarious kill by the enemy Soraka. I think the low HP person may have even flashed behind the tower, but THE BANANA JUST KEPT FLYING and then they died.

Also I hate everyone getting random pentakills or near pentakills. I need to play exclusively pentakill champions or something until I get one.

Nami note, I didn't even realize...her heal gives allies movement speed? Stupid me.

Just play bruisers and build a bunch of cleavers, easy pentakill right now

Just make it private with a password and fill it with bots. When you quit the came is cancelled and no leaver infraction

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
so is nami good?

haven't been following game since preseason patch due to crunch time at school

but after this week im on break and plan on getting back into it

Agkel

Thanks for the answers! I just played a custom with Caitlin and she feels very much like graves(which I liked) but I feel like I have more control of her than I did of Graves.

Ferrio

Banned
So what's everyone's default starting items now?

ADC: longsword, 2 pots. Go into brutalizer, or vamp scept.
Top: longsword, 2 pots, or boots 3 pots.
Mid: Boots, 3 pots. I can't kick an old habit. Need to dodge skillshots too.
Support: I still do the classic philo start.

garath

Top AD: longsword 2 pots into brutalizer or Phage
ADC: haven't played yet. Probably longsword start. I see Chaox loves the Doran's start though
Mid: Boots/3
Support: Flask, 4 wards. I don't necessarily build a philo first anymore and the Flask + biscuit is great sustain.

scy

ADC - Longsword + 2 Pots or Boots + 3 Pots if the extra mobility matters more. BT+Hurricane | IE+Statikk Shiv depends on the ADC and the enemy team comp.

Top - Cloth Armor + 5 Pots or Null Magic + 2 Pots. If it's someone I can get away with Utility masteries with, Cloth + Flask on a 14+ Utility page. I still run Elise with Boots3 for top since early Sorc Shoes + Guise. I try to get a Sightstone at some point since vision is too good to pass up. Plus, Health isn't a bad thing and I buy a ton of wards normally anyway.

Mid - Boots + 3 Pots. If a Chalice character, can do Faerie Charm + Flask instead, though this leaves you a bit vulnerable to skill shots. Or just dodge better, whatever. Mid Zed, Null Magic + 2 pots generally; same logic for basically any other AD Mid (Kha'zix, Riven, Pantheon, etc.). Longsword + 2 also viable if you just want to press an early harass advantage.

Jungle - Not Jungle or Feed.

Support - Flask + 4x Sight Wards | 2x Sight Wards + 1x Vision Ward. Early Sightstone is just better than early Philo.

zkylon

zkylewd

ADC: boots, 3 red pots, maybe I'll try longsword 2 pots tho
Mid: boots, 3 red pots
Support (Sona/Janna): fairie charm, 3 green wards, 2 blues for Sona, 2 reds for Janna
Support (Leona): reju bead, 3 green wards, 2 reds. I want to stick a crystalline flask somewhere in there but eh...

Agkel

One last question before I head into a few more matches. And I apologize if it's not allowed to ask this here:
Will I get banned if I use SIU? I was looking for info on how some skins would look and found you could edit yours client side but Idk if its bannable or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom