• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm really surprised that they're only selling like 5 christmas skins. I dunno how viable it is from a business perspective, but I've done character modelling/texturing/rigging and whatnot and seriously it shouldn't take too long to come up with like 30 skins, since they're reusing the base models.

Maybe it's to avoid everyone running around in a Santa costume for the next six months but you'd think they would be able to come up with a couple more, maybe some for supports or carries or someone that isn't mid :p

JesseZao

I'm really surprised that they're only selling like 5 christmas skins. I dunno how viable it is from a business perspective, but I've done character modelling/texturing/rigging and whatnot and seriously it shouldn't take too long to come up with like 30 skins, since they're reusing the base models.

Maybe it's to avoid everyone running around in a Santa costume for the next six months but you'd think they would be able to come up with a couple more, maybe some for supports or carries or someone that isn't mid :p

Paralysis of choice. Sell more (relative to work put in) by offering fewer products at a time.
I just made this up. Still, I believe it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Paralysis of choice. Sell more (relative to work put in) by offering fewer products at a time.
I just made this up. Still, I believe it.
I get it, but because Fiddle or Ziggs aren't really that popular (unlike Katarina) and doing just 5 skins outta 100 champions, specially champions that already have a nice amount of skins, feels weird.

IsayFever

I get it, but because Fiddle or Ziggs aren't really that popular (unlike Katarina) and doing just 5 skins outta 100 champions, specially champions that already have a nice amount of skins, feels weird.

Always been like that, also Fiddle is insanely popular with the new jungle

Gazzawa

Go have just joined the league today.
This game in incredible.
I'm gonna subscribe for tips and tricks.
So... Permission to come aboard?

Ferrio

Banned
So my buddy wants to know GAF's opinion on OP junglers on S3...

So far it seems pretty much the same, except now there's more options on who you can throw in the jungle due to the itemization changes. Sejuani and Fiddle both got a boost. Alistar probably dropped a bit, but he's still scary if he can get those initial ganks off. I think Shyvanna dropped a bit since counter jungling is a bit more difficult, and due to the machete other characters can compete with her clears.

zkylon

zkylewd
Go have just joined the league today.
This game in incredible.
I'm gonna subscribe for tips and tricks.
So... Permission to come aboard?
iqniNUxJrbG6p.png

Welcome aboard

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So my buddy wants to know GAF's opinion on OP junglers on S3...

Mundo imo. He gains crazy amounts of tenacity and with improved spirit visage, he's just a beast.

Ken

I sold my Xbox.
The guy I sold it to told me to get this.
I've 5 hours of this more than the 30 I put into 4.
RIP HALO

I think theoddone started playing too. You guys should play together. I have a level 7 smurf account too that I could use to play with you guys.

Volimar

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/purchase-gifts-your-friends-snowdown

‘Tis the season for giving, so this Snowdown we wanted to offer you all the opportunity to spread some holiday cheer. In the coming patch you’ll be able to buy champions, skins, and RP as gifts for the significant summoners in your life. The gifting center will only be open for a limited time, so be sure to plan your holiday shopping accordingly.

Here’s how to give to a friend:

Click on the Gifting Center in the store
Choose the type of gift you’d like to purchase; you can give champions and skins with your RP, or buy RP to give to a friend
Choose a friend
Fill in your payment information if you’re gifting RP, or select the skin or champion you’d like to purchase for your friend; you’ll be notified if your friend is ineligible to receive the gift
Add a touch of holiday cheer by filling in a personal message

Your friend will receive his present along with your Snowdown sentiments the next time he logs in.

This is the first time that we’ve offered gifting, so we’ve got a few rules in place to protect your account from any funny business or uncouth shenanigans. Here’s an overview:

You need to purchase any skins, champions, or RP that you plan on giving away: we know that you might have some items in your inventory that you’re not using that frequently, but re-gifting is only classy when Amumu does it
You can only give to summoners you’ve had on your friends list since early December: we apologize if you’re smitten with a new acquaintance, but for your own protection there’s no adding someone and then immediately showering them in gifts
You must be at least level 20 to send a gift and level 10 to receive one: gifting is available for two weeks, so if you want to be a precocious gift-giver, level fast
There are other restrictions on who can send gifts (no banned accounts) and how many gifts you can send or receive per day (generally 3/day): plan your gift-giving needs accordingly

Now that the fine print is out of the way, let’s get back to what’s really important: the spirit of giving. When the next patch lands, throw on your Santa hat and head over to the store to start your holiday shopping.

Very interesting. I like how you can't gift items in your account, like spare RP. Sure it looks like a money grab, but it will cut down on people stealing account to gift items away. The only one I don't like is : "You can only give to summoners you’ve had on your friends list since early December: we apologize if you’re smitten with a new acquaintance, but for your own protection there’s no adding someone and then immediately showering them in gifts" because now I can't mooch off people. :p

What was that we were talking about regarding Riot not monetizing well?

You can rebuy last year's holiday skin

Ooh, Snowmerdinger!

Boken

Banned
[–]RiotHippalus
4 points 17 minutes ago (4|1)

Yes, the summoner name change cleanup and sale will be part of this patch. My best guess for the patch timing is tomorrow night but no guarantees.

pls no more black cleavers and teemo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom