• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxy

Boy, I love jungling so much fun. CSing is just too stressful! I'd rathing worry about ganking and timing buffs.

Hey, question. Is it worth getting berserker's grieves on Nocturne? I've been watching the streams of Oddone and Snoopeh and they didn't pick up AS boots on him, even though that seems pretty good what with his umbra hitting more often, improving his clear time. Also, what's his role is he late game? Purely killing the carries?

Achtius

Boy, I love jungling so much. CSing is just too stressful! I'd rathing worry about ganking and timing buffs.

Hey, question. Is it worth getting berserker's grieves on Nocturne? I've been watching the streams of Oddone and Snoopeh and they didn't pick up AS boots on him, even though that seems pretty good what with his umbra hitting more often, improving his clear time. Also, what role is he late game? Purely killing the ADC?

I think most jungler uses merc's thread, other alternatives are the boot of mobility and sorc shoes (FIDDLE)

mercviper

But is it better to go 9/21/0 or 9/0/21 for AP Mid

I think that depends more on the mid you are playing and the playstyle associated with it.
Boy, I love jungling so much. CSing is just too stressful! I'd rathing worry about ganking and timing buffs.

Hey, question. Is it worth getting berserker's grieves on Nocturne? I've been watching the streams of Oddone and Snoopeh and they didn't pick up AS boots on him, even though that seems pretty good what with his umbra hitting more often, improving his clear time. Also, what's his role is he late game? Purely killing the carries?

If jungling, boots of mobility is probably the best for any jungler.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Hey, question. Is it worth getting berserker's grieves on Nocturne? I've been watching the streams of Oddone and Snoopeh and they didn't pick up AS boots on him, even though that seems pretty good what with his umbra hitting more often, improving his clear time. Also, what's his role is he late game? Purely killing the ADC?

Hope the first part was a joke, ya need cs as part of your overall econ and giving up cs means the enemy jungler is taking it or your mid. Most jungler take faster boots for mobility or ones with more useful utility not only does it help in jungle helps to ensure when you come in for ganks you get them off.

Come play merc I need a quick game!

Ferrio

Banned
I think that depends more on the mid you are playing and the playstyle associated with it.

Ya, i have like atleast 3 pages for mids.

An AP offensive. AP Defensive, and AP items (off+def+the cd reduction for items/summoners). Use the last one if I'm rocking a DFG.

daxy

Hope the first part was a joke, ya need cs as part of your overall econ and giving up cs means the enemy jungler is taking it or your mid. Most jungler take faster boots for mobility not only does it help in jungle helps to ensure when you come in for ganks you get them off.

Oops, I meant last hitting. Just straight up killing jungle mobs is much easier.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Oops, I meant last hitting. Just straight up killing jungle mobs is much easier.

It is but unlike the lane you can be ganked quite easily. As for last hitting not hard if you have 80 plus damage just wait till the health bar is less than 10 percent and on most decent people they die. Use S to prevent yourself from autoattacking and screwing up your timing or what key is your stop key.

garath

Hmmmm.I like your squishy support idea.

But is it better to go 9/21/0 or 9/0/21 for AP Mid

I got 21/9 or 9/x/x mid (the utility x being enough for some mana if I need it). The only mid a full utility page might be useful is Vlad. The koreans do that.

edit: this is the league of AD casters all of a sudden. Can't go 2 games without seeing them. Talon, Kha'zix, Panth.

Boy, I love jungling so much fun. CSing is just too stressful! I'd rathing worry about ganking and timing buffs.

You can but it tends to be a bit of overkill on the attack speed if you're also getting wit's end. Building fairly tanky is the best way to build nocturne in my opinion, you don't need a ton of damage to be a threat to a carry and you don't want to jump on the carry in a team fight and then blow up before your fear even goes off because you're too squishy. I usually feel like wriggles and wits end gives enough damage which is why i don't build attack speed boots. But they aren't like unviable or anything, feel free to give them a try and see how you like it.

Achtius

I got 21/9 or 9/x/x mid (the utility x being enough for some mana if I need it). The only mid a full utility page might be useful is Vlad. The koreans do that.

edit: this is the league of AD casters all of a sudden. Can't go 2 games without seeing them. Talon, Kha'zix, Panth.

I usually see KZ cuz Scy have been playing him recently, but Pantheon and Talon doesn't come up that often for me.

brian!

I slept talk this morning about LoL.

GF gets up before me, so she sometimes disturbs me and I get in this weird half sleep state. Started dreaming about LoL, and remember saying something like "Ya we love you panth" (I was saying it sarcastically to a player in game)... my gf was very confused.

haha i love this

Right Ryze but then that extends to almost any caster with a single target nuke, like cass or etc. I wouldn't even consider that abuse.

Syndras situation seems unique.

(Seems wasted on Jax but the boost to empower seems intense!)

Ferrio

Banned
Right Ryze but then that extends to almost any caster with a single target nuke, like cass or etc. I wouldn't even consider that abuse.

Syndras situation seems unique.

Well the question is if you actually need that much mana for the character and if they can function with being gimped before it transforms.

It works well with the ones listed because tear is just something they need to function, and slow building is just something they do.

scy

I usually see KZ cuz Scy have been playing him recently, but Pantheon and Talon doesn't come up that often for me.

To be fair, we ban them a lot. I'm not sure yet if Kha'zix is really a threat or if I'm just outplaying my lane opponents (when I'm not missing kills by ~10 health because I'm dumb and forgot about potion ticks).

Kind of hilarious to see someone out of position and to just instantly melt them though.

Not sure if it's considered a single target spell, guessing yes. Even so I don't see why you'd ever go for this item.

Fiora's kit is all about single-target damage, actually. She'd really utilize Muramana's proc off Lunge, her ult, and her huge ASPD steroid. Riposte might proc it as well, actually, meaning her entire kit works with it.

The issue then being that A) She doesn't benefit from a Tear like ... at all and B) Slow stacking unless she's pushing lane. Well, that and C) Hydra does more for her ult in a teamfight.

Edit: Worth mention but a Tear->Manamune Fiora would probably max W first. Gets her the AD she's lacking and lets her use Riposte to counter harass.

Well the question is if you actually need that much mana for the character and if they can function with being gimped before it transforms.

It works well with the ones listed because tear is just something they need to function, and slow building is just something they do.

Cass can def benefit from a tear what with how mana intensive she is.

Ferrio

Banned
To be fair, we ban them a lot. I'm not sure yet if Kha'zix is really a threat or if I'm just outplaying my lane opponents (when I'm not missing kills by ~10 health because I'm dumb and forgot about potion ticks).

Kind of hilarious to see someone out of position and to just instantly melt them though.

Fiora's kit is all about single-target damage, actually. She'd really utilize Muramana's proc off Lunge, her ult, and her huge ASPD steroid. Riposte might proc it as well, actually, meaning her entire kit works with it.

The issue then being that A) She doesn't benefit from a Tear like ... at all and B) Slow stacking unless she's pushing lane. Well, that and C) Hydra does more for her ult in a teamfight.

Edit: Worth mention but a Tear->Manamune Fiora would probably max W first. Gets her the AD she's lacking and lets her use Riposte to counter harass.

The big question would be on average what time in the game would it transform.

Pirabear

Banned
Any tips on how to properly play a melee character that doesn't have a long range poke spell? I would like to get Wukong and possibly Vi, but based on my Riven experience I'm absolutely horrible at it. Feels like I'm always getting kited for free.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Any tips on how to properly play a melee character that doesn't have a long range poke spell? I would like to get Wukong and possibly Vi, but based on my Riven experience I'm absolutely horrible at it. Feels like I'm always getting kited for free.

step 1: go top
step 2: ban teemo
step 3: frozen mallet
success.

It's champ dependent but most melee champs have high dmg and a gap closer of some sort specifically designed to get in and burst down carries who have less defense and will die if they try to stand and bang.

With Wu kong you open with your dash in -> auto attack -> Q then ult for the knockup and dmg. Throw on an ignite and baby, you got a stew goin'

scy

The big question would be on average what time in the game would it transform.

Her cooldowns would limit things. Without Manamune's AA charging, it would probably take her ~12 minutes to max the Tear with her QWE being used basically as optimally as possible. Edit: And that's ignoring, say, mana costs.

Don't give it to them for free, basically. I did Riven vs Jayce last night and this was basically how the match goes: Jayce steps in to auto attack, I E to him, Q to get closer (should take one Q if he was at max AA range and you dashed the moment he stepped in), W, Auto, Q, Auto, Q (reposition to land behind him so he's pushed the step away rather than towards his turret). I run 16/14 (...I think? It at least gets Unyielding+Block) so I can do this sort of hard gap close to deal with their harass. If they want to poke me, I'll just go and catch them out for it.

Basically, you hard gap close when they go in for their auto attack harass. Their goal is to step up, attack, disengage constantly: Giving them free damage by playing scared of it is playing it exactly how they want. The damage you'll do when you catch them is a lot more than what they will so you just need to turn their free harass into a damage trade.

My experience with vs Wukong as Elise is he gives zero fucks about ranged harass. Nimbus Strike in, Auto attack, Crushing Blow, Auto attack, Decoy out. Honestly, Wukong has a really safe way to deal with squishy ranged harass in lane due to Decoy. Whenever you're going for the kill, just Nimbus -> Auto -> Crushing Blow -> Cyclone. They're basically just done.

Yea, I think it's kind of useless on fiora when her other options provide much more dmg.

Shes the only other multi hit single target spell I can think of.

Thoughts on muramana jax? It's like 120 extra dmg on W plus extra armor. The mana is wasted tho cause he doesn't need it.

Ferrio

Banned
Yea, I think it's kind of useless on fiora when her other options provide much more dmg.

Thoughts on muramana jax? It's like 120 extra dmg on W plus extra armor. The mana is wasted tho cause he doesn't need it.

Naw, seems to me if you're building that you wanna make sure more than 1 ability takes advantage of it. The build I ripped from voyboy rocks though. Being able to use rageblade and not feel like I'm trolling is awesome.

inky

So how good is tear first item on AP Nidalee? Some people say Doran's might be enough for regen, and to go full AP damage instead if you are poking.

scy

To be fair, the Mana helps increase the damage on Muramana. And his Ult passive means he works with the proc pretty well. But, yeah, he doesn't need the Tear in lane and he doesn't have a fast and free way to charge it.

Edit: Put another way, why not just get BotRK? You get an active slow and sustain out of it and better raw AD. The on-hit effect may do less damage than Muramana's but sometimes it isn't about the most damage per hit.

I want to try Muramana on AP Nidalee. It works on her Q and she has an ASPD buff anyway. Lets her auto attack harass do more damage without needing to build AD and it works on her Cougar Q too. And it's not like she couldn't use the Mana and regen. Plus, she charges it for free.

The downside being that I'm pretty sure 2100 Gold worth of AP is more damage to her kit than the extra auto attack damage, though that extra auto damage is magic damage so it uses the Spell Pen she'd get anyway.

zkylon

zkylewd
I want to like/buy that Kat skin just because it's Kat and I play her a lot but it's really not super great. I'll need to see what it looks like in-game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5GVzzYvqDic ?

Lux new skin have new particles too
They look nice, sounds too. Not so sure about purple lazer.

I slept talk this morning about LoL.

GF gets up before me, so she sometimes disturbs me and I get in this weird half sleep state. Started dreaming about LoL, and remember saying something like "Ya we love you panth" (I was saying it sarcastically to a player in game)... my gf was very confused.
lol as of this moment I'm the second most crazy person in this thread

scy

Well, I mean, her QWR all have Christmas theme to them beyond just the green recolors. Personally, it's delivering about what I'd expect from them. I forget if they changed the sound effects for them but, considering some of the other skins, I'm kind of still hopeful there's that possibility as well. And, well, fixing that recall animation. I'll gladly take Stripper Kat over Kind of Bored Auto Attacking a Candy Cane Kat.

Also, this is the first Kat skin with new particle effects. Besides this, the only other notable one was Sandstorm Kat's backflip. I'm okay with that too.

Besides, Limited skin so I'll buy it anyway.
I'm a weak person, I know.

Boken

Banned
Just go balls out aggressive all the time until you know how and how much is open to you. Don't be too afraid of screwing up, first we must fail before we learn

Ferrio

Banned
Going to try singed again this week, maybe I can actually make him worth. Everytime I've tried I've gotton zoned out too hard.

Ken

sit top, cower in fear, blame riot, blame jungler

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Just go balls out aggressive all the time until you know how and how much is open to you. Don't be too afraid of screwing up, first we must fail before we learn

This sounded like a good advice, but even after over 1,000 wins, I still tower dive to tower like a drunk fox while Diana walking away shielding my entire ignite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom