• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you say to 425 health and 35 armor and 10% cdr plus a little health sustain on an item that only costs 2k gold? What if that item could also protect your team to the tune of 200+ damage each? Ladies and gentlemen that item is Locket of the Iron Solari, and it might the most underrated S3 item.

Solune

I'm thinking of buying a girly ADC to join Graves and Corki. So I'm with MF (her skillset is kinda fun, haven't tried her against humans yet tho), Caitlyn (Resistance Cait is pretty great and cheap) and Ezreal (he's expensive but extra flash...).

I think I got to a point in which I don't feel like buying anyone else. I thought about Zyra for a bit but eh... Nidalee too, etc. I think that if I liked jungling maybe I'd have a bigger champion pool to tempt me.

Out of the 3 you suggested Ez would probably be the best but Caitlyn is awesome. Waiting for Sheriff Cait myself.

Ferga

All these Varus players leveling up Q

Only time that I enjoyed one of my underplayed champs going on the FoTM cycle.

TheOddOne

Just started playing this. Surprisingly enjoyable so far as playing a support kind of character (even got some honor points for my hard work). Have yet to make a kill though, my kill/death ratio is laughable at this point. Have not done the PvP stuff yet, but do dabble in the PvAi area just to get familiar with everything.

Anybody got tips on somebody who just stepped in on the best support class (or any other class)? What should I upgrade when I level up? Thanks.

Ken

Just started playing this. Surprisingly enjoyable so far as playing a support kind of character (even got some honor points for my hard work). Have yet to make a kill though, my kill/death ratio is laughable at this point. Have not done the PvP stuff yet, but do dabble in the PvAi area just to get familiar with everything.

Anybody got tips on somebody who just stepped in on the best support class (or any other class)? What should I upgrade when I level up? Thanks.

leveling up skills i just go to guides on solomid. of course, you can do your own leveling sequence but guides tend to also list out their reasonings as to why they do a certain sequence over others. it's pretty helpful.

i don't do much supporting. ask achtius best talon support na but a super basic support overview is:

general start is faeri charm for mana regen, and as many wards you can get (usually 4 I think but that might be with masteries) and one potion.

ward around the tribush/dragon area and in bushes as a way to gain bush control. early items can be those sightstones (new item that gives you wards) and philosopher stone (gives you another gold source since you aren't last hitting for gold) uh item builds supports tend to go for are things with auras to support their team (they give aoe buffs) like aegis -> runic bulwark (for tankiness), shureliya reverie (speed boost for engages/disengages). you usually don't get enough gold for "full builds" so don't worry too much past these two items. you'll usually be spending all your gold on wards. support guides usually have nice maps on places to ward for best coverage.

TheOddOne

Hello cowboy.
Hey, big bews guy!

leveling up skills i just go to guides on solomid. of course, you can do your own leveling sequence but guides tend to also list out their reasonings as to why they do a certain sequence over others. it's pretty helpful.

i don't do much supporting. ask achtius best talon support na but a super basic support overview is:

general start is faeri charm for mana regen, and as many wards you can get (usually 4 I think but that might be with masteries) and one potion.

ward around the tribush/dragon area and in bushes as a way to gain bush control. early items can be those sightstones (new item that gives you wards) and philosopher stone (gives you another gold source since you aren't last hitting for gold) uh item builds supports tend to go for are things with auras to support their team (they give aoe buffs) like aegis -> runic bulwark (for tankiness), shureliya reverie (speed boost for engages/disengages). you usually don't get enough gold for "full builds" so don't worry too much past these two items. you'll usually be spending all your gold on wards. support guides usually have nice maps on places to ward for best coverage.
Awesome, thanks.

Ferga

leveling up skills i just go to guides on solomid.

It's funny because he is TheOddOne

Ken

it's funny because someone calls jungle and doesn't get it and goes cho support and never has more than one feast stack the entire time meanwhile t he jungler decides that because of past experiences he will farm all the way to 18 and never gank once in the entire game because i hate ranked solo queue

Boken

Banned
Out of the 3 you suggested Ez would probably be the best but Caitlyn is awesome. Waiting for Sheriff Cait myself.
Sherrif caitlyn has the cutest splash
What would you say to 425 health and 35 armor and 10% cdr plus a little health sustain on an item that only costs 2k gold? What if that item could also protect your team to the tune of 200+ damage each? Ladies and gentlemen that item is Locket of the Iron Solari, and it might the most underrated S3 item.
It's no secret ;)

welcome and prepare for confused people - since you share names with a pro player

Achtius

kat+new+vs+old.jpg

scy

Locket is already considered the best Active of Season 3. It's the first item I finish when I play Support after the Sightstone pick up.

Koomaster

When I played her on the PBR it was really annoying trying to land that ability. The travel time makes it feel like it has a weird delay that isn't well telegraphed.
Maybe I am just psychic in knowing where people will end up. I've not had problems trapping people unless they are actively running away and trying to escape. In that case I just wave to make them stand still so I can q.

Speaking of, I've gotten really good at releasing waves just as a Blitzcrank will try to grab me. What ends up happening is that the wave will arrive the same time I do, knock him up, I follow that with a bubble and then swim out of harm's way while teammates play clean-up. So many rusted Blitzcranks laying still on the battlefield.

garath

I'm more conscious about my w/l ratio right now but I really want to try a couple Zed games before the black cleaver nerf. See if I can bring him into my champ pool after all. If not I can pick up Talon again. He seems really viable now.

I really like all these changes. The game is a lot less tanky and more "blow you up". Very fun.

I really enjoy rushing Chalice + Tear on Anivia now. I don't think I'll go back to double Dorans with her. Love mana regen + her naturally high base and ratio. I somehow demolished Kennen with this.

I'm trying to create a bigger gap between my W/L. I'm currently at 478-461 right now (+17). I think my highest was around +50. :|

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Rageshot kayos GG bming his support.

but then he later admits he fucked up hard that game.

I dont get it.

What? Sona SHITS all over laning phase. Sona would pick up vayne and put her into a corner and poop all over her. And there is nothing wrong with sona vayne.

It's not later. I had already known I fucked up my part. I was just pissed period.

scy

it really was in bad taste.

...er, Veigar's?

But I assume you're talking about Kat. Christmas Kat's new recall is pretty much incredibly bad and lazily done. I really hope it gets looked at. Say what you will about her stripper recall, at least it was well animated. The new one is just a step below completely awful.

Gazzawa

Just played a match using Kayle. Awesome best yet.
Was getting kills. Saving team mates from death with that invulnerability.
Her w ability heals and gives a speed boost. Handy after a recall.
Still up in the air at the item shop.
That shop wud make and RPG game proud.
Anyone use Kayle?

If the enemy team is smart they will abuse you 2v1 and there's nothing you can do against it.

If they're not, then impossible is nothing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Lighting did her face wonders. Maybe buy if she isn't 1820.

I recommend you get into PVP and just get wrecked a couple times. Playing against bots teaches you a bunch of bad stuff that will hurt more than help in the long run. Just play trying to learn a bit and just "u mad" the haters.

Also, I can't come up with good jokes about TheOddOne just starting to play support, someone help...

I find Cait's set to be kinda boring. The only time I had fun with her is when a friend ran Nid support so we just filled both brushes with wards heh...

And my problem with Ez is that everybody plays him...

scy

Poppy has a good passive and ult (that both confound people who don't know better) and she has a lot of burst. Her problem is that there are a lot of champions who share the same role but with an easier laning phase. Or they just do their damage better. Or do their damage with better team fight utility.

Plus, the sheer fact that Lollipoppy exists is enough reason to never think about playing that foul creature.

Poppy has a good passive and ult (that both confound people who don't know better) and she has a lot of burst. Her problem is that there are a lot of champions who share the same role but with an easier laning phase. Or they just do their damage better. Or do their damage with better team fight utility.

Plus, the sheer fact that Lollipoppy exists is enough reason to never think about playing that foul creature.

You guys are terrible, now I'm gonna have to roam Poppy following you in top lane and Achtius midddle/bot. Gonna have to max W and get boots of mobility to do all this throwing faster.

zkylon

zkylewd
My only problem with Poppy is that she looks like ass. If this were her default skin I'd be more inclined to try her out:
Poppy_BattleRegaliaSkin.jpg

Her ult is great, though, so confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom