• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

Just played a match using Kayle. Awesome best yet.
Was getting kills. Saving team mates from death with that invulnerability.
Her w ability heals and gives a speed boost. Handy after a recall.
Still up in the air at the item shop.
That shop wud make and RPG game proud.
Anyone use Kayle?

Common mistake to use Kayle's ult to save people. Realistically, you should try to use it to mitigate the most damage. For example, enemy Blitzcranks pulls your ally into the fight. You shield the ally immediately as the enemy team dumps all their skills trying to burst them down. They escape without a scratch.

Not saying you shouldn't use it to save low-health people, but it can be used other ways as well.

scy

It really wasn't. But I do agree with Riot that it didn't make sense for that particular skin. Plus I never play Kat so I guess whatever.

The most confusing part about it was the candy cane out of nowhere.

Which she still has.

So now I'm confused.

scy

It's a Christmas skin? I mean Veigar gets a chimney out of nowhere but that's pretty sweet.

Right, but the logic was that it made no sense for Kat to get a stripper pole animation because it doesn't fit her; it works for Nidalee because she has her spear anyway. So the logic behind removing it seemed to be around the candy cane itself; if this was a Christmas Nidalee skin, for instance, the recall animation would have totally remained.

Anyway, the recall animation now is just kind of boring. Just have her twirl at the candy cane ala her ult or something. It seems more fitting than the kind of bored auto attack animation.

Ken

Right, but the logic was that it made no sense for Kat to get a stripper pole animation because it doesn't fit her; it works for Nidalee because she has her spear anyway. So the logic behind removing it seemed to be around the candy cane itself; if this was a Christmas Nidalee skin, for instance, the recall animation would have totally remained.

Anyway, the recall animation now is just kind of boring. Just have her twirl at the candy cane ala her ult or something. It seems more fitting than the kind of bored auto attack animation.

They don't want to admit that they made a stripper pole animation and hope everyone forgets about it.

Also, I can't come up with good jokes about TheOddOne just starting to play support, someone help...

The last two times I checked his stream he was playing Leona support. It wasn't good.

Cathcart

Right, but the logic was that it made no sense for Kat to get a stripper pole animation because it doesn't fit her
Here's the problem: that wasn't the argument at all. Their point was that it may be fine for Kat, but not fine for Kat in this particular skin. Since the skin is a lighthearted Christmas theme they thought a pole dance was out of place. Kind of like if Snowball Ziggs threw Easter eggs or if Bloodlord Vladamir made fart jokes (ew, blood farts). The skin needs to be consistent with itself, and they felt that the recall didn't make sense with the rest of the skin.

They don't want to admit that they made a stripper pole animation and hope everyone forgets about it.
They already have one on Nidalee. Riven has a snow bunny outfit. Heartseeker Vayne is basically a Victoria's Secret model. I really don't think Riot has any problem making their girls sexy.

All these Varus players leveling up Q

Only time that I enjoyed one of my underplayed champs going on the FoTM cycle.

I always felt leveling up W was a better priority on him. Q is nice and all but I'd take his W stacks over the Q which I would probably only get to use max twice in a team fight.

scy

Here's the problem: that wasn't the argument at all. Their point was that it may be fine for Kat, but not fine for Kat in this particular skin. Since the skin is a lighthearted Christmas theme they thought a pole dance was out of place. Kind of like if Snowball Ziggs threw Easter eggs or if Bloodlord Vladamir made fart jokes (ew, blood farts). The skin needs to be consistent with itself, and they felt that the recall didn't make sense with the rest of the skin.

I know that part as well and it's what I was saying when they first made the announcement of the recall animation being changed. They also made mention that it isn't out of place on a champion with an existing spear/staff/etc. to be used. The fact it doesn't fit the skin itself is the better (and, honestly, most appropriate) reason for it. The internal consistency is relevant to the skin itself, not the champion's lore.

They made reference to both that Katarina getting "and then suddenly, stripper pole" and "Christmas skin with stripper dance" in regards to the situation. I'm just wondering why bother leaving it in at all at this point.

Edit: I suppose the fact it's not "suddenly, stripper pole" removes any of the awkwardness of the candy cane at all. Though, it kind of leaves us with a useless prop at this point. Hence why I hope they plan to rework the recall some more instead of just leaving it as is. Because what we have now with the skin is very underwhelming.

TheOddOne

Picked up Soraka. Played with Ken's suggestions and had a blast, I think I will use this character for a while just to feel out the game some more.

zkylon

zkylewd
She's a nice way to ease into learning things about the game though. No skillshots to worry about and all.
At least play Taric, he's free this week.

Also this is a pretty cool shirt. It's says LoL without having to be all like DUH BLITZ SO PRO

3788p_0c_1b.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Might give him a spin, thanks.
Nothing actually wrong with Soraka, so it's all cool if you like her, I just think she's boring since you're basically a walking potion to your adc. I'm sure you'll have more fun with other supports, and be sure to mix up your roles, since this is the perfect time to screw up. Don't be like me and have 600+ matches and don't know how to jungle.

Ferga

I could show you all the fear of poppy curse.

Once i start, I will forget how to play all characters but poppy and proceed to lose every game unless i'm poppy

Boken

Banned
Wow, they really stepped all over diana too. poor girl :/. I feel that the BC nerf isnt enough, that thing needs to be gutted more or made more expensive

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/preseason-balance-update-1-patch-notes

Hey guys,

I wanted to take a moment and fill you in on our reasoning behind today’s balance update.

This patch was mostly focused on champion balance and dealing with the biggest hot-button issues. We want people to explore and experiment as much as possible (allowing us to gather feedback over a longer period of time), but we need to make sure the game isn’t damaged by one or two crazy options!

Black Cleaver is probably the biggest culprit here, as are a few champions (namely Teemo, Zyra, Rengar and Diana). We’ve done some balance work to ensure the game doesn’t come down to a few godlike picks, and to ensure that one item doesn’t trump all other itemization efforts. Many of you have pointed out that these are the obvious things to hit, and we agree. We think the latest changes will leave these champions and items viable while keeping them from invalidating other choices.

Some of you may have expected more sweeping changes, especially to items and the jungle. We want to avoid any knee-jerk reactions and give you guys more time to really dig into the substantial preseason modifications. Some of the issues (especially the jungle) are more complicated, so we’d rather avoid giving everyone balance whiplash by waiting a bit longer and ensuring any changes are accurate and effective. We’re still listening to your feedback, and we’re looking critically at all this, even if we don’t change everything in every patch.

League of Legends v1.0.0.153

Cho'Gath

Carnivore health restore adjusted to 20-71 from 34-68

Diana

Crescent Strike
Base damage reduced to 60/95/130/165/200 from 70/110/150/190/230
Pale Cascade
Orb detonation damage radius reduced
Adjusted orb hit box to better match the visual effect
Moonfall
Maximum pull distance reduced
Lunar Rush
Cast range reduced to 750 from 900

Elise

Volatile Spiderling
Fixed a bug where Volatile Spiderlings were only lasting for 2.5 seconds, rather than the intended 3 seconds
Skittering Frenzy
Now immediately starts Elise attacking at her faster attack speed, rather than waiting until her next attack starts

Fiora

Blade Waltz
The cooldown and manacost are refunded if Fiora is suppressed while casting Blade Waltz before it has started to have any effect

Master Yi

Alpha Strike
Initial cast time reduced
Chance to deal bonus minion damage adjusted to 50% at all ranks from 20/30/40/50/60%
Bonus minion damage adjusted to 260/320/380/440/500 from 400 at all ranks
Meditate
Reduced the startup time before channeling
Wuju Style
Cooldown reduced at later ranks to 25/23/21/19/17 seconds from 25 seconds at all ranks

Nidalee

Nidalee and all her skins are looking stunningly stylish after receiving a complete Visual Upgrade this patch. For more details, read the original announcement or check out Nidalee's Champion Spotlight.

Rengar

Battle Roar
Base damage reduced to 50/80/110/140/170 from 60/100/140/180/220
Heal reduced to 10% from 15%
Thrill of the Hunt
Fade time increased to 1.25 from .75 seconds
Now has fade pushback time (1 second per hit, up to 3 seconds)

Teemo

Toxic Shot
Ability Power ratio on impact reduced to 0.3 from 0.4
Noxious Trap
Damage reduced at later ranks to 200/325/450 from 200/400/600
Fixed: Tooltip now indicates the correct cooldown

Zyra

Rise of the Thorns
Damage reduced to 100-440 from 124-549
Missile Speed reduced to 1900 from 2200
Missile Width reduced to 70 from 90
Grasping Roots
Missile Speed reduced to 1150 from 1325
Vine Lasher
Fixed a bug where the plant was sometimes slowing by more than 30%

Items

Aegis of the Legion/Runic Bulwark
Fixed a bug where the Legion Aura from both items was stacking on teams
Blackfire Torch
Fixed a tooltip inconsistency with the cooldown reduction value
Brutalizer
Flat Armor Penetration reduced to 10 from 15
Spirit Visage
Fixed a bug where the item was healing for less than intended
The Black Cleaver
Armor Reduction per stack reduced to 6.25% from 7.5% (Maximum reduction is now 25% from 30%)
Flat Armor Penetration reduced to 10 from 15 and is now UNIQUE
Youmuu’s Ghostblade
Flat Armor Penetration is now UNIQUE

Summoner Spells

Smite damage increased to 490-1000 from 445-870

Twisted Treeline

Changed altar capture mechanics
Taking damage while capturing an altar will now cancel the capture and prevent capturing for 2 seconds
Capture interruptions will be denoted by a shiny particle

Crystal Scar

Tweaked global aura
Armor penetration removed
Magic penetration removed
Energy champions now receive 2 bonus energy per second
Fury champions now benefit from the aura
Tryndamere receives 33% bonus Fury for attacks, critical strikes, and kills
Renekton receives 33% bonus Fury for attacks
Shyvana receives 25% bonus Fury for attacks
Healing reduction now only affects self-heals and regeneration
Reduced ranged minion base magic resistance by 5
Reduced super melee minion base magic resistance by 15

Crystal Scar and Proving Grounds

Health Relics will now grant Fury
Tryndamere receives 10 Fury
Renekton receives 20 Fury
Shyvana receives 6 Fury

Summoner Name Changes

Several million inactive summoner names in NA, EUW and EUNE have been made available for purchase
Summoner name changes are 650 RP (50% off) in the Other tab of the Store until December 26

Ward Skins

Two Snowdown Showdown ward skins can be placed in-game for free during the holiday
The ward skins can be activated and deactivated in the Ward Skins tab in the Store
The ward skins will be removed from all accounts at the end of Snowdown Showdown

Gift Center

The Gift Center will be accessible in the Store through December 26
Players may purchase RP, champions and skins for summoners that were on their friends list in early December
Only new purchases can be gifted – not pre-owned content or RP
There are several additional restrictions on gifting, including:
Only Level 20+ summoners can send gifts
Only Level 10+ summoners can receive gifts
Summoners with active bans cannot send gifts
Rioters are ineligible to send gifts
A maximum of 3 RP gifts and 3 gifts of other types can be sent per day
A maximum of 15,000 RP can be gifted per day
Payment information must be re-entered for each RP gift

General

Consumable items now display a stack count in the scoreboard
Fixed a bug where Honor animations would sometimes play more than once for users that have already unlocked the crest
Fixed a rare bug where the incorrect Honor animation would play for users with a lot of Honor
Friend Notes
You can now add and edit notes about your friends by right-clicking their name or clicking on the note icon that appears when you hover over their name. You may view friend notes by hovering over the note icon that appears once you have saved a note for that friend. Friend notes are tied to your account and can be accessed anywhere you log into League of Legends
Changes have been made to the scoreboard to improve readability
Adjustments have been made to the in-game chat box font size
Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when closing the shop while the scoreboard was open

JesseZao

Skittering Frenzy
Now immediately starts Elise attacking at her faster attack speed, rather than waiting until her next attack starts

Am I reading that right? Elise gets an aa-reset on spider W now? I suppose I could interpret that it would reduce the time before your next aa accordingly, but that seems clunky.

I think Elise is slowing usurping Rumble as my favorite champ.

Now she needs some better skins. Mecha/Battlecast Elise / Brown Recluse Elise (plays her "violin" when recalling) / Gentlewoman/Lady Elise (to compliment Cho) / Sk8r Gurl Elise (where she rides the board on her spider belly and then carries it in human form)

scy

Am I reading that right? Elise gets an aa-reset on spider W now? I suppose I could interpret that it would reduce the time before your next aa accordingly, but that seems clunky.

Spider W didn't change her attack speed until after you auto attacked after enabling it. Now it will lower the delay from activation to her first attack. Basically, you don't need to time it to cast right before an auto attack anymore.

So, no, it is not a reset.
Unfortunately.

i forgot they changed tear

Was about to say, ~20m was pretty common for my Manamune first Kha'zix games to get Muramana. 25m for a Singed could be two finished Tears honestly.

I think Black Cleaver is still core on some champs but it won't be stacked anymore.

It's still a good item. It just means that you'll do BC+Ghostblade+LW for getting true damage instead of BC+BC+BC (+LW, eventually). Or you won't do BC+BC+BC to get tanky, though I suppose you still can do that for the Health, CDR, AD, and triggering the passive faster ... I guess.

brian!

I think Elise is slowing usurping Rumble as my favorite champ.

Now she needs some better skins. Mecha/Battlecast Elise / Brown Recluse Elise (plays her "violin" when recalling) / Gentlewoman/Lady Elise (to compliment Cho) / Sk8r Gurl Elise (where she rides the board on her spider belly and then carries it in human form)

sounds like its something that used to activate on attack, and now it just activates when activated

dang i did the thing people do around here

zkylon

zkylewd
Man that ult nerf of Diana pains me so much. I mean, that's a big fucking range nerf, 250 is a lot to lose on your signature skill, specially when they blew everything else up. I agree that she needed a nerf but I get the feeling she's just lost all her potential.

Rammus is just happy to see you
lol

scy

800 instead of 750 is what I would have expected. 750 is quite a bit shorter than Q's max range (830).

We'll see how much this actually changes, though. I rarely land max range ults, for instance, barring chase situations. And, even then, I'd default to Flash+Q+R to guarantee the kill.

JesseZao

Spider W didn't change her attack speed until after you auto attacked after enabling it. Now it will lower the delay from activation to her first attack. Basically, you don't need to time it to cast right before an auto attack anymore.

So, no, it is not a reset.
Unfortunately.

Was hoping my second hunch was wrong, oh well. The question I have then is this. What if you activate W in the window where you would've attacked using the new AS but not using the old speed? Will you attack immediately? Looks like it will be most ideal to treat it like an auto-attack reset and hit it right after an aa.

Teemo shroom nerf doesn't really affect him in this meta. I think he'll still be OP when going AS/AP/Split Push build. Needs a Chipmunk Skin.

zkylon

zkylewd
800 instead of 750 is what I would have expected. 750 is quite a bit shorter than Q's max range (830).

We'll see how much this actually changes, though. I rarely land max range ults, for instance, barring chase situations. And, even then, I'd default to Flash+Q+R to guarantee the kill.
Oh, I misread and thought it was 650. 900 to 650 felt like a huge nerf, specially compared to other champs with dashes like Akali's 800. 750 is a lot better, so we'll have to see.

Ferrio

Banned
Diana got hit hard, and they nerfed the thing that actually needed nerfing (Range on her ult). Think they did it a bit tad too much though. Having it 70 less range than her Q is silly. Going to be harder to clear waves now with the Q and W nerf.

JesseZao

Diana got hit hard, and they nerfed the thing that actually needed nerfing (Range on her ult). Think they did it a bit tad too much though. Having it 70 less range than her Q is silly. Going to be harder to clear waves now with the Q and W nerf.

I'm glad I never picked her up. She was certainly a free win for a while, so it was tempting. This nerf fundamentally changes how she plays. People will have to relearn her.

Rengar and Diana got demolished.

scy

Was hoping my second hunch was wrong, oh well. The question I have then is this. What if you activate W in the window where you would've attacked using the new AS but not using the old speed? Will you attack immediately? Looks like it will be most ideal to treat it like an auto-attack reset and hit it right after an aa.

I'll double check next time I play an Elise game. Getting a reset out of it at all seems a little weird so I'll get back to you whenever the patch hits.

Teemo shroom nerf doesn't really affect him in this meta. I think he'll still be OP when going AS/AP/Split Push build. Needs a Chipmunk Skin.

-150 Damage on the Level 16 Shroom is almost 190 AP worth of damage lost. Personally, that's a pretty big deal for dealing with going all-in on a Level 11/16+ Teemo.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm glad I never picked her up. She was certainly a free win for a while, so it was tempting. This nerf fundamentally changes how she plays. People will have to relearn her.

Rengar and Diana got demolished.

Wish they had done baby steps. The ult range is a big big nerf, so compounding the other two is really hammering it home.

JesseZao

-150 Damage on the Level 16 Shroom is almost 190 AP worth of damage lost. Personally, that's a pretty big deal for dealing with going all-in on a Level 11/16+ Teemo.

I suppose, but I think Teemo's strength is his ability to snowball early and counter/control his lane. His late game shrooms don't affect that. Still, since it nerfed the base damage, that build doesn't get as much free damage. I probably would've liked to see a slightly bigger nerf to the base damage and an increase in the AP ratio.

Basically, the Teemo has to snowball or he's going to be useless.

Ferrio

Banned
I suppose, but I think Teemo's strength is his ability to snowball early and counter/control his lane. His late game shrooms don't affect that. Still, since it nerfed the base damage, that build doesn't get as much free damage. I probably would've liked to see a slightly bigger nerf to the base damage and an increase in the AP ratio.

Basically, the Teemo has to snowball or he's going to be useless.

That's true with most tops.

The thing with those shrooms is they were a death sentence to any types of squishies. Even if they don't die, they'd be hurt enough that they'd have to B, further losing out on money and exp.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've noticed that support players either play too aggressive and get chunked therefore making them irrelevant during laning phase and/or die making them even more irrelevant later on or they just play too passive and don't do anything letting me get chunked while they do nothing. No trade. Nothing. *sigh* I'm sick of getting zoned because supports just die and I can't farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom