• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

That's true with most tops.

The thing with those shrooms is they were a death sentence to any types of squishies. Even if they don't die, they'd be hurt enough that they'd have to B, further losing out on money and exp.

During laning phase it's the ticking toxic shot that's sending people back to base. I'll concede that hitting random shrooms later game before/after baron for instance is probably too strong. I guess I don't feel it'll affect the way I play him very much.

Right now, I've been trying to perfect the Minion Captain Teemo build. Core is Banner/Cpt Enchant/HP Golem/and I like Icebound Gauntlets. I'm not sure how all of the +minion damage synergizes (does promote minion get anything from you?), but you basically create a pressure wave that attracts at least one person to deal with you and usually more.

scy

I've noticed that support players either play too aggressive and get chunked therefore making them irrelevant during laning phase and/or die making them even more irrelevant later on or they just play too passive and don't do anything letting me get chunked while they do nothing. No trade. Nothing. *sigh* I'm sick of getting zoned because supports just die and I can't farm.

Conversely, the same can be said about ADCs: Ones that get too aggressive and take free damage when harassing (and/or harassing and giving up cs) while others are too passive and don't follow up on the support. It's a two-way street down there. There's problems on both sides.

During laning phase it's the ticking toxic shot that's sending people back to base. I'll concede that hitting random shrooms later game before/after baron for instance is probably too strong. I guess I don't feel it'll affect the way I play him very much.

Given no shrooms, every one of my top laners will beat a Teemo once I get items. It's the shrooms mid all-in that get him his kills after his 1-6 pressure.

Of course, his DoT damage is what makes his harass so powerful but his shrooms are what really lets him "duel" so well.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Conversely, the same can be said about ADCs: Ones that get too aggressive and take free damage when harassing (and/or harassing and giving up cs) while others are too passive and don't follow up on the support. It's a two-way street down there. There's problems on both sides.

Oh yeah. I completely agree. I've given up trading though. If you see my recent games most of the times I'm in the back because I want to focus on honing my farming abilities. I only die because I commit too much because of something the support did or because I get caught out. Both of which are my fault. I'm just saying that I've been seeing a surge of bad support players. Mostly Nami.

JesseZao

Given no shrooms, every one of my top laners will beat a Teemo once I get items. It's the shrooms mid all-in that get him his kills after his 1-6 pressure.

At minimum you'd have to change that to 1-10, since his level 1 shroom is the same. Only thing that affects him from level 1 is the on-hit ratio nerf. Once Teemo is 16+ he shouldn't be looking to duel anyway, just push/kite/ward map/blind ADC in team fights.

BC nerf is enough. The most annoying thing about it is that you get flat 60 arpen. Now you get 10 + 25% at most. Stacking them is still okay ish but a lot of gold is wasted on flat arpen that doesn't stack.

Nerf to Cho's passive really makes me sad though. :(

Achtius

PENTAACHTIUS_zpsb1912569.png

pentaAchtius

scy

ADC disconnects? Its okay, get Achtius a pentakill and win anyway.
League of Cleavers etc. etc. but, hey, 4v5 for around 25 minutes

I'm just saying that I've been seeing a surge of bad support players. Mostly Nami.

To be fair, Nami is a bit harder to play than most supports since she's rather feast or famine on her kit (e.g., land Q and win). So a lot of supports aren't used to hitting it and a lot of ADCs are wary on trusting their support to hit it. Her E is also awkward to keep track of on the ADC.

At minimum you'd have to change that to 1-10, since his level 1 shroom is the same. Only thing that affects him from level 1 is the on-hit ratio nerf. Once Teemo is 16+ he shouldn't be looking to duel anyway, just push/kite/ward map/blind ADC in team fights.

Well, yeah, his 1-10 is (mostly) unchanged. It's Level 11 that's the big one for laning phase. That's when death timers are getting up there in duration and you can start taking towers off a single death.

All I know is, I hope to see less Teemos.

Blizzard

Banned
All I know is, I hope to see less Teemos.
You're so mean. You just said that every one of your top laners will beat a Teemo when you get items, yet you still want him gone. :( I want bruisers and tanks gone, can we compromise with that?

And Achtius, do you average a pentakill a day now? That's like two pentakills in two days in your games.

scy

You're so mean. You just said that every one of your top laners will beat a Teemo when you get items, yet you still want him gone.

He's a terribly unfun laner to go against. It's such a frustrating lane to deal with.

Edit: Of course, a Teemo game.

Blizzard

Banned
He's a terribly unfun laner to go against. It's such a frustrating lane to deal with.
Oh. Well, if we're talking about champions we don't like laning against, I'd like Darius, Orianna, Jax, and Diana to get crushing nerfs. It looks like I may get 1/4 of that wish.

Boken

Banned
Oh yeah. I completely agree. I've given up trading though. If you see my recent games most of the times I'm in the back because I want to focus on honing my farming abilities. I only die because I commit too much because of something the support did or because I get caught out. Both of which are my fault. I'm just saying that I've been seeing a surge of bad support players. Mostly Nami.

You complain that your supports are getting chunked and yet youre just sitting in the back and farming. Right.

The adc has to try to trade/poke when the support trade/pokes.

Perhaps you are the reason why your support is getting owned, since if their adc is on the ball, its literally 1v2 for your support.

scy

"Try" being a rather important key word here. I don't expect every single Snare that I land as Zyra, for instance, to be followed up on. Maybe be ready to land something (e.g., Caitlyn Q, Ezreal Q, Varus E, etc.) in these instances, yes, but don't give up cs in the process (unless it's an all-in for a kill situation) and definitely be wary about losing a trade.

But, generally, the ADC should follow up on the support; the support should also be trying to make plays when the ADC is available to follow up as well.

At least he was a dumb Teemo and built straight AP and no armor. ha

That cheese is so bad.

Well, it ended up being a mid Teemo, not a top. I had a Lee Sin (who ended up disconnecting) instead. Which isn't that bad of a matchup, really.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You complain that your supports are getting chunked and yet youre just sitting in the back and farming. Right.

Perhaps you are the reason why your support is getting owned, since if their adc is on the ball, its literally 1v2 for your support.

I understand what you're saying. The problem is that many of these supports go beyond our minion wave and into the midst of theirs and attempts to fight a 1v2. All the while, I'm trying to babysit this support who doesn't really know how to support and farming. It's annoying when I have to save the support's ass and we lose out on the trade because he made a reckless decision. Of course, then the support, let's use Nami in this case, starts yelling that I didn't follow up on the bubble opportunity he created when he doesn't consider how far out he went to bubble and the distance between me and the opponent.

Point being, I can't babysit a reckless support from doing stupid things and making bad decisions while farming. A support should be mindful of their opponent's abilities, the adc's capability, the positioning, the opportunities that are available. Not a suicidal champion that runs in trying to create opportunities, when in reality it's not but for the opponent.

Trust me. I've considered a lot about what I'm doing wrong and I find it very hard to believe that it's majority my fault. Granted it's my fault for not being able to babysit the support as well a pro but a support shouldn't be an idiot and not know how to play the role either.

zkylon

zkylewd
Play ranked, one guy wants to ban Ali, I said "nah, 99% Ali players are shit", we don't ban him, of course they pick him and he rocks the shit outta us, I get blamed for everything lol.

Who would've known there was gonna be a good Alistar in the team...

Mothman91

I felt like I read it somewhere, but want to clarify. They said they're going to rework Heimerdinger, yes no? If so, I want to buy the his Christmas skin before it's gone again.

Cathcart

There was a red post a few weeks ago about Heimer. I think the jist of it was that Heimer is hard to balance because if they make the turrets better he quickly becomes OP but they're not happy about where he is. So that basically sounds like rework but it was more like "Yeah we want to do that at some point" instead of "We're working on it now" so I don't know I'd hold my breath.

Cathcart

Jesus. So disturbing.

Uh, I guess Vi's abilities sound cool and all but I'm not a big fan of the art. Guess I'll have to hope for a cooler skin.

Solune

...er, Veigar's?

But I assume you're talking about Kat. Christmas Kat's new recall is pretty much incredibly bad and lazily done. I really hope it gets looked at. Say what you will about her stripper recall, at least it was well animated. The new one is just a step below completely awful.
scy, right about manga, right about gaming, right about everything.
I find Cait's set to be kinda boring. The only time I had fun with her is when a friend ran Nid support so we just filled both brushes with wards heh...

And my problem with Ez is that everybody plays him...
I don't know I like playing as Cait, she's basically the LoL version of Sniper except with an escape. If you've ever killed someone with Net, hilarity ensues.

I just hate Ez. In S2 I would always troll in SR by saying he was the worst champ in the game and it would get alot of people riled up.
Sherrif caitlyn has the cutest splash
Yup, I like it alot.
I like these changes. Diana is retard mode.

Diana will still be strong, her E nerf is kinda eh though, her damage needed to be adjusted, don't see the point of that as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
New sale, frost skins: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-skin-sale-ice-fort-war

Bought me 10 bucks and got me frost Janna. No one told me that skin was so good. Splash art is pretty smexy as well.

Thinking of doing Malph too, but I barely even play him anymore since someone spilled the beans and now he's always banned.

I don't know I like playing as Cait, she's basically the LoL version of Sniper except with an escape. If you've ever killed someone with Net, hilarity ensues.
I really like Cait's passive and her traps, but I dunno. She's the one I'm leaning the most, but I hate her default look so much I feel like it's a champion that's gonna cost me 5 bucks to buy, in addition to the IP.

Yup, I like it alot.
Yeah, both Sheriff and Resistance look really good, though I don't like neither of the 3D models. At least they're cheap.

Diana will still be strong, her E nerf is kinda eh though, her damage needed to be adjusted, don't see the point of that as well.
I think that they just went overboard. I mean, nerfing all her skills feels like too much, and she wasn't THAT OP.

Thinking of quitting League. It's throwing me into a fit of depression. -_-'''
Take a break, come back later. No point in letting feeders ruin your life.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This is what happens when you guys aren't playing for fun. Stop taking the game so seriously.

Also:
And then we lost.
Although it was a surprisingly close game.
I did a good job with Poppy though! It was exciting. And funny chaining together Poppy, Kayle, and Zilean ults.

zkylon

zkylewd
This is what happens when you guys aren't playing for fun. Stop taking the game so seriously.

Also:
And then we lost.
Although it was a surprisingly close game.
I did a good job with Poppy though! It was exciting. And funny chaining together Poppy, Kayle, and Zilean ults.
Dr McNinja MD and Magic Love Hands are awesome summoner names...

dimb

support kayle is a real thing, yes?
5ZiLX.jpg

No, it's not. Please don't do it. Bot lane got crushed and Twitch got huge. If it was any other AD carry I could have dealt with it as Poppy but his invis. got the better of me. Also he had heal and not exhaust. nnnnnnnnnnnnn

dimb

really? she has a slow, heal and steroid plus her passive doesnt hurt in a duo lane. seems like she'd be a better nunu pre-6; just with worse health and a worse ult.
Her heal is garbage. The slow isn't very much and isn't that useful. The passive is bad as a support, particularly early game, and she has no way to apply it without investing into E, which her kit is based around.

Nunu is like the exact opposite of Kayle. He doesn't have the same mana problems. He has one of the best buffs in the game. He has one of the best debuffs in the game. It's about the attack speed modifiers more than the speed. Also his ice blast is actually more spammable so it helps more in fights and can be chained on enemies.

Inskipp

really? she has a slow, heal and steroid plus her passive doesnt hurt in a duo lane.
Compare that to Taric. He has a stun (which only needs 1 point to gain full effect), a heal that affects both, an aura that grants armor (doubled for Taric himself) and doubles as an AoE nuke that shreds enemy armor. Oh and another AoE nuke with aura- buffs.

There are better examples, but the point here is that there are several champions that are far more suitable for support role than Kayle, who is better off as a solo- lane carry.

Solune

B-b-but we haven't even played a game together!
I haven't played with most of LoLGAF
I think you should play some ARAM or another mode just for fun and derive enjoyment that way.
New sale, frost skins: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/champion-skin-sale-ice-fort-war

Bought me 10 bucks and got me frost Janna. No one told me that skin was so good. Splash art is pretty smexy as well.

Thinking of doing Malph too, but I barely even play him anymore since someone spilled the beans and now he's always banned.
Thinking of getting both of these skins as well, if only because I don't like Janna's default in game model. The splash is gadlyke though.
I really like Cait's passive and her traps, but I dunno. She's the one I'm leaning the most, but I hate her default look so much I feel like it's a champion that's gonna cost me 5 bucks to buy, in addition to the IP.

Yeah, both Sheriff and Resistance look really good, though I don't like neither of the 3D models. At least they're cheap.
Ahh I see, if it's an aesthetic thing then I can see where you're coming from. She's really grown on me since when I first started League I also said she was a bad ADC back when I mained Kog. I think what I like most about her is her range, but loses badly to Vayne.
I think that they just went overboard. I mean, nerfing all her skills feels like too much, and she wasn't THAT OP.
I'm in agreement, she's one of the few viable AP junglers, don't know why they're nerfing her utility AS WELL as her damage. Might have to go back to Skarner for jungling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom