• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they threw Lulu into the sale. Really torn on if I should buy her now that I could get her cheap. Then again I'm not super into supports but she seemed to do ok with a bit of a mage build when I tried her in free week. Is she any good nowadays?

Lulu is one of the most aggressive supports in league, that ability power buff is insane.

Also thanks mercviper, I can't believe I forgot about ole ziggs. I want to do an all-Global ult game and was trying to think of the most dangerous combo. So far my idea is

Jungle-GP
Karthus-Mid
Top-Pantheon
Shen-Bot
Ziggs-Bot

Just imagining all the ults going off at once on Bot lane would be hilarious.

Gonna attempt this in blind obviously.... Flare be online tomorrow!

mercviper

Lulu is one of the most aggressive supports in league, that ability power buff is insane.

Also thanks mercviper, I can't believe I forgot about ole ziggs. I want to do an all-Global ult game and was trying to think of the most dangerous combo. So far my idea is

Jungle-GP
Karthus-Mid
Top-Pantheon
Shen-Bot
Ziggs-Bot

I might put Panth in the jungle and GP top so you can have Panth more reliably jump in on bot lane. Nocturne is also good as has been stated.

Ez, Ashe, and Draven's ults are all technically global as well and actually are ADCs to fit that role instead of Ziggs.

If you're looking for more damage in the ult combos, could TF mid and Karthus support, replacing Shen, with TF stunning an enemy in the center of Panth's ult.

All this talk reminds me of this gem of a video that inspired me to try a global ult team before they nerfed TF and Panth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imv-P31qEHc

Blizzard

Banned
summons been doing it for a long time, and he's been carrying games with her
I don't know about carrying, but yeah I was getting 11/1 or 10/0 games when I was doing well.

I figured it was bound to be nerfed once it became popular on a Riot forum thread, especially if it showed up in a tournament too. And then presumably Eve will become terrible and unused again for another 15 month period, or however long it was since Eve was last good with the Stun.

If they want to nerf Eve I wish they would at least give her back the good stealth that EVERY OTHER STEALTH CHAMPION IN THE GAME HAS INCLUDING RENGAR AND THE NEW ALIEN GUY. :mad:

Isn't Oracle's vision range smaller than the range of Eve's stealth? I'm just asking because those announcers were making it sound as if it was a big deal when Skarner with oracles was chasing her...
Yes, I thought Oracle's range was smaller, which is why the stealth nerf was so annoying, it basically acts like everyone on the map has a free Oracle's to detect you, so you have to count on being able to gap close and do enough damage before they leave.

I'm also a fan of Eve being an AP assassin, not a squishy version of AD master yi. Why would you even want that. :/

scy

KZ has a one-second stealth. Though, to be fair, he does get to cast it twice (three times if upgraded).

Evelynn has an amazing roaming potential for mid lane because of her stealth. She's pretty much best suited as a roaming AP Mid ala Ahri, Kat, etc.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Lol that's a good idea, maybe replace Shen with Noc, sure it'll be a horrible support but damn that's gonna be insanity for their adc XD

Not for an urgot or graves in draft who can see that coming. I'd say teemo too but he isn't an adc despite being one of the best ranged characters you can use. Also with that kind of team comp them taking bot vs a standard adc would be painful they would get zoned at a hi risk of ziggs or shen dying a lot. The comp works for team fights for the laning phase you would have some issues depending on who you face.

Blizzard

Banned
KZ has a one-second stealth. Though, to be fair, he does get to cast it twice (three times if upgraded).

Evelynn has an amazing roaming potential for mid lane because of her stealth. She's pretty much best suited as a roaming AP Mid ala Ahri, Kat, etc.
I just mean that no one else has the detection range, including Talon/Rengar ults and Twitch roaming. I'm not sure if it would be worth getting back Eve's temporary stealth for no automatic detection, but if they're going to nerf her anyway they might as well. Or they could just put her ult timer back where it was. Wasn't it something ridiculous like 3+ minutes before? The way I play, I probably can't really kill anyone without the ult, so increasing the timer to 3-5 minutes will drastically reduce the number of kills she gets.

scy

I just mean that no one else has the detection range, including Talon/Rengar ults and Twitch roaming. I'm not sure if it would be worth getting back Eve's temporary stealth for no automatic detection, but if they're going to nerf her anyway they might as well. Or they could just put her ult timer back where it was. Wasn't it something ridiculous like 3+ minutes before? The way I play, I probably can't really kill anyone without the ult, so increasing the timer to 3-5 minutes will drastically reduce the number of kills she gets.

Conversely, you don't know where Eve is unless she's visible on the map. The rest have to activate their stealth for some reason or another which limits how much ground they can cover undetected. Most activated stealths do not offer any kind of "where are they?" style plays. Generally speaking, they're more for disengaging/escaping or short-range initiates/positioning.

Eve, on the other hand, can use hers to roam and pressure lanes. I play a fairly offensive Kat so I try to push my lane up and roam bot when I can. This kind of play is just so much more effective with Eve's stealth. Disappearing from lane is kind of a scary prospect. She may be visible at close ranges but that opens up everywhere outside of that range as a place to hide; the activated stealths are the opposite, only truly missing at close ranges.

As for a nerf, they'll probably tweak her base values/scaling if they do anything.

Edit: Unrelated note, Syndra buffs are +Q base damage (+10 damage) and scaling (+.1) and +R scaling (+.05/Orb). Doesn't really address the issue of her Q range being short (and their AoE being too small / delay too long) :( Maybe there's more to come! Maybe!

If we all treat Eve as a counter to aggressive playing it makes more sense. She still can be countered easily with a good pink ward placement and safe playing. She's still very weak by herself and I find that she can be counter jungled pretty easily still. I consider her anti-fun because I like being aggressive and pink wards are helluva expensive early on.

Blizzard

Banned
If we all treat Eve as a counter to aggressive playing it makes more sense. She still can be countered easily with a good pink ward placement and safe playing. She's still very weak by herself and I find that she can be counter jungled pretty easily still. I consider her anti-fun because I like being aggressive and pink wards are helluva expensive early on.
You should take this argument further and say that junglers are anti-fun because wards are sort of expensive too, and if you're aggressive you can get ganked. ;p

vhfive

bankplank is so fun

6IEZt.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
to be fair I'm pretty bad myself D:

I just thought it funny that I had 9K gold over the highest person on their team
That's what Gangplanks do. They stay in their little world, farming in solitude like crazy people stealing assists whenever they can, like true men of the sea...

Jungle-GP
Karthus-Mid
Top-Pantheon
Shen-Bot
Ziggs-Bot

Why you calling out Flare bro?

Why aren't you on more often and what do I need to do to get my feeding support back?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
to be fair, th eother team is pretty bad

lux with rylai's and clarity?

oh god

Dat E slow OP, entire team just stop moving once they get caught. R the enemy for massive global slow.

You are so out of teh meta, read leaguecraft guide more often.

Telaso

Banned
Its not really all that effective anymore since you cant stack Averice Blades now. using gp10 runes and getting those blades, could have complete build at 30 with minimum kills.

Ken

Max pistol, all 3 gp10, last hit all day, ult another lane for minion and assist.

Its not really all that effective anymore since you cant stack Averice Blades now. using gp10 runes and getting those blades, could have complete build at 30 with minimum kills.

I'm going to try this on a smurf.

What's the skill order? I think I've played GP like once.

Keep an eye out for XxgriffenbloodxX; he's going to be #1 KhaZix NA in the future!

Somax

Kha'Zix looks really fun to play, and also I like both its "schyter" version and its mecha version...
Sigh, I believe I'm going to fork out some € for RP soon...

Ferga

holy crap taric/mf is the new taric/graves

Just go taric/mf when there is sona support and it's a free first blood at level 2

Swig_

Who are the top supports right now? I usually play Sona, but occasionally I can't get her and have to talk my way out of playing support. I just bought Taric since he was the last cheap champ that I didn't own.

Is Lux okay, or is she not really played? I understand Lulu is good, but I've never played her and don't have 6300 IP to spare since I bought the 2 rune pages.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Who are the top supports right now?
Sona, Taric, Janna, Nunu, Blitz if you can get him. Really any of them are fine most of the time. Could also play Leona or Soraka if they fit your playstyle more. Lux isn't really a support champion, and she won't provide enough utility and instead relies on her damage and AP scaling.

Nunu is probably the easiest and cheapest.

Swig_

Sona, Taric, Janna, Nunu, Blitz if you can get him. Really any of them are fine most of the time. Could also play Leona or Soraka if they fit your playstyle more. Lux isn't really a support champion, and she won't provide enough utility and instead relies on her damage and AP scaling.

Nunu is probably the easiest and cheapest.

I have all of them. I've decided to try and play support or ADC since they're my best roles and can make a difference if you play them well. I've very good with Blitz, but see him banned all the time. I managed to first pick him once and it was an easy win. I'll have to try Janna and Nunu. I'm trying to learn Taric now, since he's the support I see 90% of the time after Sona is chosen.

Sorry guys, I should have known better than to accept. I'm kinda barred from doing SR any time before midnight, since I might get a call from a family member or doctor at any time.

Blizzard

Banned
Sorry guys, I should have known better than to accept. I'm kinda barred from doing SR any time before midnight, since I might get a call from a family member or doctor at any time.
I'm going to assume that you or someone you know is pregnant, so congrats!

(or you or someone you know is dying, in which case I'm sorry D:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom