• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"Throw" is pretty old. Pillowknight's been throwing since HoN beta, and I'm sure it predates that.

Burt

So Darius might be getting some rework . Tentative general idea is that less stacks is weaker, while more stacks is more rewarding. Ult becomes physical damage, and adds 10% ArPen per stack, so at 10 stacks it's true damage.

X4w2I.gif

89. Softcore. V_V

Can't believe I forgot Yi and Irelia. I just steamrolled as Irelia earlier. I tried remembering champs by role.

Does the quiz have stats? I wanna know which champion is most forgettable. When that thought occurred to me, I remembered Sion, Karma, etc >_>

EXGN

bigfat stepping down from clg and becoming their new sub. Can't say I'm that surprised with the first part of that decision. His performances have been fairly underwhelming as of late.

The moment they brought Link on as a sub, I knew he'd replace Bigfat or Hotshot. CloudTemplar criticized Bigfat at the S2 World Champs, saying he's a passive midlaner that also isn't good at farming, so it puts CLG in an awkward situation considering how important the AP player is to mid game. Sums Bigfat up pretty well, IMO.

Bad timing for CLG considering their support situation is also in shambles, but it should work out for the best in the long run.

bluemax

Banned
I don't like how this term has gotten so popular.

Nice throw noob
Stop throwing
He's gonna throw
and other variations

kinda came out of nowhere. I've been playing for years and only noticed it over the past few months. I'm guessing some idiot pro gamer said it on stream then people copied since they worship them

People have been saying throw for years. This isn't some new phenomenon.

Macattk15

I have all the champions and over 6300 IP sitting waiting for the next one.

I also have a ton of skins. Why do I spend more money on a free game than any other :(

edit : Oh you guys are talking bout the game that I am blocked from at work.

Agkel

7/7/24 win on my first match as fiddle jungle. Not bad right? I've just been playing lol for about a month now. I like him way better than jax as jungle and I find myself been able to control the battle more, although I really need to practice the ulti.

Question, when I cast my ulti can I move around without cancelling my aoe of crows or do I have to stand still for those 5 secs or it gets cancelled?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Certain people who abuse their full member status get banned or demoted back to junior either for a while or permanently. Do stuff like posting threads every chance you get, making dumb posts, etc will get you juniored. Especially in the non-community sections.

man i'm leveling my friend up and gotdamn it's exhausting. 1-29 they troll even more than 30. we need to dodge every other game because our team takes 4 ADC or 4 junglers.

I SAID BOT FIRST!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was playing SR the other day and our team was a full smite team with purple characters only. We went against a team that had only AP carry champs with cleanse, heal, and barrier all pushing mid. It was the weirdest freaking game ever.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Question, when I cast my ulti can I move around without cancelling my aoe of crows or do I have to stand still for those 5 secs or it gets cancelled?
There is a cast time while activating it before he jumps to the target area. Once the crows are out you can move around all you want.

Q8D3vil

Certain people who abuse their full member status get banned or demoted back to junior either for a while or permanently. Do stuff like posting threads every chance you get, making dumb posts, etc will get you juniored. Especially in the non-community sections.
I didn't even get a message to know if it was permanent or temp.
learned my lesson though, never say anything bad about uncharted.

On other note, I'm glad riot trying to find a way for ap carries in mid to deal with ad casters instead of just removing the viability of mid ad casters.

Ahhh, I see. Good to know!

njean777

Anybody have some good talon guides/videos to learn from? I do ok as Talon, but midding can be a problem for me sometimes if I am facing certain opponents (annie, Karthus, lux).

I love leona. Unfortunately at my elo I generally don't get the followup I need. :(

daaargh I know what you mean man. The times I've played Leona with one of my friends, has often resulted in me initiating and him not following up... even after a ping. And this is when we have vision on river and their bushes.

Sometimes he's positioning himself great and other times he's so far back that I wish I had a mic to yell at him. I don't expect him to be all the way up front but my "general" rule of thumb is if you aren't able to land an auto attack from the position you are standing in plus the distance of 2 flashes you are playing too passively.

Cathcart

man i'm leveling my friend up and gotdamn it's exhausting. 1-29 they troll even more than 30. we need to dodge every other game because our team takes 4 ADC or 4 junglers.

I SAID BOT FIRST!

Why are you dodging 1-29. Just play the games, lol. 4 ADC probably has a decent chance to work.

garath

daaargh I know what you mean man. The times I've played Leona with one of my friends, has often resulted in me initiating and him not following up... even after a ping. And this is when we have vision on river and their bushes.

Sometimes he's positioning himself great and other times he's so far back that I wish I had a mic to yell at him. I don't expect him to be all the way up front but my "general" rule of thumb is if you aren't able to land an auto attack from the position you are standing in plus the distance of 2 flashes you are playing too passively.

I have two major problems with Leona.

1) I initiate and ADC doesn't follow up. This is a problem because I'm sitting there out in space trying to walk back to the bush as I get beat to crap while the ADC is happily farming away. Leona is only good for an aggressive laning phase else she's just killing time until teamfights. I try my best to ping before I attempt the engage or type out my intentions ahead of time. i.e. "Going to engage on their ADC if I can land an E. If I miss just keep farming." etc etc.

2) I initiate and the ADC follows up. Yay, but then doesn't know how to disengage. Leona has 3 CC abilities - E, Q and ult. If I initiate, blow all three and they aren't below half health on the run, back out. Most ADCs that follow up on my initiates have no clue when to back out. And get burned down from the over-commit.

Leona lanes can be so beautiful. She can lock down the ADC for a solid 3 seconds and take all sorts of damage while increasing the damage done to the target. But you have to know when to disengage. Taking a huge chunk off a person and forcing a flash or something is a good engage. Doesn't always have to end up in a kill. But it is so rare to get someone that works well with a Leona in the 1200 range. Makes me sad. I love playing her and I'm actually pretty darn good at her. I've watched enough Krepo to get the basics down and I've played her quite a bit.

It's why Zyra is still my preferred support for solo queue. She doesn't have to all-in every time she engages so a poor follow up doesn't automatically mean death and her cooldowns are low enough that I can sometimes save an over-commit. But I really enjoy playing Leona more. Oh well.

dimb

Which ones were not? I know that Bloodthirster kept the same cost, since lower AD cost and the less gold efficiency cancelled each other out. Warmogs, perhaps?
A number of flat AD items and support based items got better or are just as good. Attack speed and some of the popular AP items got hit hardest.

Perhaps your initiation is wonky and the ADC just wants to play safely so he doesn't get insta-gibbed or some such?

Mic would probably help too, regardless of the support. Communication, I think, is pretty important in a team based game. Especially duo bot.

Leezard

A number of flat AD items and support based items got better or are just as good. Attack speed and some of the popular AP items got hit hardest.

AD items have become cheaper, yes. The late game AD items still has about the same stats for about the same gold, which would make them relatively less gold efficient than before since AD is overall cheaper, just like the Bloodthirster example in my last post.
Which support items are late game items? Are they really just as gold efficient as the late game items in S2? I would doubt the raw stats are as gold efficient as before, while the actives are harder to measure.

dimb

AD items have become cheaper, yes. The late game AD items still has about the same stats for about the same gold, which would make them relatively less gold efficient than before since AD is overall cheaper, just like the Bloodthirster example in my last post.
Which support items are late game items? Are they really just as gold efficient as the late game items in S2? I would doubt the raw stats are as gold efficient as before, while the actives are harder to measure.
Locket seems way better. In general there are more viable late game item routes for supports and they seem much stronger to me than before. Randuin's is more reliable and has more valuable stats with the health boost, although I guess it's a very different item without the CDR.

Blizzard

Banned
Schedule for the next price reductions is up. Here's the short of it:

1st champion launch of 2013: Yorick reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP and Udyr reduced to 1350 IP / 585 RP

2nd champion launch of 2013: Leona reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP

3rd champion launch of 2013: Wukong reduced to 4800 IP / 880 RP
I'm happy with this. Leona and Wukong are two champions I'd like to pick up (assuming Wukong is still viable). I feel like I'm always sort of interested in them, but always saving IP for newer champions instead.

Leezard

Locket seems way better. In general there are more viable late game item routes for supports and they seem much stronger to me than before. Randuin's is more reliable and has more valuable stats with the health boost, although I guess it's a very different item without the CDR.

Locket has certainly improved. I suppose that's fair since the S2 Locket was underwhelming. I think the support items are different than other late game items since the support items cost more in line with other roles' mid-game items (~2000 cost rather than ~3000-4000). They bring quite a bit of utility with their actives, which is harder to measure in gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom