• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

The pot stacking could be "fixed" by making it impossible to hold more than 4 or 5 pots at once in your inventory. I still prefer it to the boots above all start of s2 though. S1 sure was the best for starting items.

The pot stacking could be "fixed" by making it impossible to hold more than 4 or 5 pots at once in your inventory. I still prefer it to the boots above all start of s2 though. S1 sure was the best for starting items.

Where everyone started Doran's and 1 pot? Not really much better.

mercviper

I don't see a problem with pot starts. Play better and you will use less pots than the other person and you will get to a point you can start with something else besides pots to jumpstart your first item. As I said before, if it's such a problem now then why didn't you guys do this in S2? The only thing that changed was base movement and I know it wasn't so much that you suddenly don't get hit by skill shots anymore.

Leezard

Where everyone started Doran's and 1 pot? Not really much better.

They did not really, once the Doran's cost 475. You could see people with a sapphire crystal + pots, cloth armor + 5 pots, boots + 3 pots or the dorans. Not counting the support, of course. It was way more diverse than everyone going boots + 3 pots. At the very least, people deviated from the norm significantly more than during s2.

I don't see a problem with pot starts. Play better and you will use less pots than the other person and you will get to a point you can start with something else besides pots to jumpstart your first item. As I said before, if it's such a problem now then why didn't you guys do this in S2? The only thing that changed was base movement and I know it wasn't so much that you suddenly don't get hit by skill shots anymore.

Yeah, I definitely prefer it to s2 and I don't see it as a problem, really. If they wanted to "fix" it they could limit the amount of pots, that's all. Riot might not see it as a problem either.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Change pot so it dispels on damage.

There, now you can't queue up pots for massive regen AND stay in last hit range at the same time.

Telaso

Banned
So for this last weekend, I've been playing another game (embarrassed) with Hotshotgg and Doublelift.

They seem very confident about winning every game they play this season. Doublelift swears that the stuff they are working on will shock everyone, and they are afraid of no one.

I made sure to note that they get wrecked by The Koreans each time they play them, but according to them it wont happen anymore.

I'm sure a lot of it is Pride, but i'm excited to see what S3 holds for the pro lol scene.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Change pot so it dispels on damage.

There, now you can't queue up pots for massive regen AND stay in last hit range at the same time.

Hmmm, something is not right here.

Ferga

Last night I had a Rammus with a hard-on for Baron.

Win teamfight with 3 of us up at half HP, two that are tanks? Forget about the open inhib at mid it's BARON TIME.

Win teamfight with 4 of us up, and their last guy is at 10%? Forget the fact we have super minions on their nexus, it's BARON TIME.

Glad everyone else was smart enough not to listen to him and instead listen to me lol.

Had a platinum player who was stuck at gold two days ago in 2 games of mine. He would keep telling us to do baron after every single fight even though we were half hp/only had half the team alive. We eventually lost even though lanes won because you know, counter barons can happen.

garath

So for this last weekend, I've been playing another game (embarrassed) with Hotshotgg and Doublelift.

They seem very confident about winning every game they play this season. Doublelift swears that the stuff they are working on will shock everyone, and they are afraid of no one.

I made sure to note that they get wrecked by The Koreans each time they play them, but according to them it wont happen anymore.

I'm sure a lot of it is Pride, but i'm excited to see what S3 holds for the pro lol scene.

s3secretsgg.doc

mercviper

Had a platinum player who was stuck at gold two days ago in 2 games of mine. He would keep telling us to do baron after every single fight even though we were half hp/only had half the team alive. We eventually lost even though lanes won because you know, counter barons can happen.

Experience tells me to not do baron unless you know they have no vision of the area and/or just aced them 5-0. When they don't have vision they hesitate and never check the pit as a group, so you have even more time/can pick off the scout and basically cause them to not contest it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Experience tells me to not do baron unless you know they have no vision of the area and/or just aced them 5-0. When they don't have vision they hesitate and never check the pit as a group, so you have even more time/can pick off the scout and basically cause them to not contest it.
Well that's because you're not platinum, bro.

Haly

How would you jungle?
Champion damage.

Or revert to S1 sustain jungle.

Or reduce pot time so you have to heal up between camps but it's a lot faster, which would give a boost to certain sustain junglers like WW who've been relegated to the sidelines by the S3 jungle changes.

Haly

It should be noted that the reason this isn't a problem in DOTA (despite DOTA consumables being vastly more powerful) is because early stats are more or less mandatory for certain roles. If you're missing out on a few crucial points of damage, there's a good chance you'll get locked out completely by the opposing side's denying. Just hitting level 2 first confers a huge advantage on every subseqent last hitting/denying showdown, which can snowball into more of an advantage.

Conscious design choice? Probably not. But it's an argument in favor of denying, because it makes early stats/damage significant and counterbalances the sustain from consummable regen.

zkylon

zkylewd
It should be noted that the reason this isn't a problem in DOTA (despite DOTA consumables being vastly more powerful) is because early stats are more or less mandatory for certain roles. If you're missing out on a few crucial points of damage, there's a good chance you'll get locked out completely by the opposing side's denying. Just hitting level 2 first confers a huge advantage on every subseqent last hitting/denying showdown, which can snowball into more of an advantage.

Conscious design choice? Probably not. But it's an argument in favor of denying, because it makes early stats/damage significant and counterbalances the sustain from consummable regen.
Man the more I read about Dota 2 the less I want to play it.

brian!

also when forcin fights bro

garath

Man the more I read about Dota 2 the less I want to play it.

I liked Dota2. I just don't envision myself putting another 200 hours into a game just to get competent at it.

By competent I mean:

Learn all the champs to one degree or another
Learn the most common matchups of all the lanes
Know every role well enough to play it in a ranked match
Stop needing a guide for any new champ you pick up

It's a lot of work to have fun :)

How much longer do you gotta use that avatar, I think its moody every time. Go back to the baby finger sucking thing.

Champion damage.

Or revert to S1 sustain jungle.

Or reduce pot time so you have to heal up between camps but it's a lot faster, which would give a boost to certain sustain junglers like WW who've been relegated to the sidelines by the S3 jungle changes.

Can you imagine if pots still gave 200hp

oh dear lord

Haly

"Can you imagine if pots still gave 200hp

oh dear lord"

Bring back HoG too so we can have 30 minutes 5 HoG 10 pots meta.

"How much longer do you gotta use that avatar, I think its moody every time. Go back to the baby finger sucking thing."

Thursday.

"Can you imagine if pots still gave 200hp

oh dear lord"

Bring back HoG too so we can have 30 minutes 5 HoG 10 pots meta.

"How much longer do you gotta use that avatar, I think its moody every time. Go back to the baby finger sucking thing."

Thursday.

just give brut +150hp and gp/5

I've seen some streamers playing Cho, so I bought it this morning.

Can't wait to turn an awesome champ in a useless feeder.

I guess I'll try to support or jungle with him. It's not like I can do anything else anyway.

Ken

I guess I'll try to support or jungle with him. It's not like I can do anything else anyway.

Cho fits into any solo lane or jungle.

Blizzard

Banned
Just discovered that playing League of Legends while talking on the phone is very difficult.

And viceversa.
I mostly won a game yesterday because the fed enemy Caitlyn randomly walked down mid lane alone, then was like "dammit I was texting, lol" after they died.

Texting kills.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
accidently random'd taric, carry picked varus, we win game.

I should always do this

Yes you should.

k1RtR.png

zkylon

zkylewd
I bought Guqin and Arcade Sona at full price, what's wrong with me ;___;
I'm thinking of buying Arcade Sona off some random guy on Ebay. It's around 7 bucks and doesn't sound too shady...

Guqin is just too much pink.

Go mid, eat squishies nomnomnomnom

I'm thinking of buying Arcade Sona off some random guy on Ebay. It's around 7 bucks and doesn't sound too shady...

Guqin is just too much pink.

Go mid, eat squishies nomnomnomnom

Why not just buy it from the store itself? Only saving like a dollar with ebay, but you dont have to worry this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom