• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Started getting hooked on LoL last month and I am slowly building a roster base. Is Katarina worth the RP at the sale price or should I hold off on her?

My team is a bit light on AP carry types but I usually like to try a character before spending RP on them.

So far I've only spent $15 on the game, have a nice set of characters and 700 RP to play with. I give Riot a lot of credit for not making it impossible to build a very good roster for little to no money spent.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Started getting hooked on LoL last month and I am slowly building a roster base. Is Katarina worth the RP at the sale price or should I hold off on her?

My team is a bit light on AP carry types but I usually like to try a character before spending RP on them.

So far I've only spent $15 on the game, have a nice set of characters and 700 RP to play with. I give Riot a lot of credit for not making it impossible to build a very good roster for little to no money spent.

I've spent nothing and have been dipping my toes into all the b and b characters.

Agkel

Updated Wallet of Shame!!!

Code:
[B][U]
User[/U][/B]-------------------[B][U]Time Playing[/U][/B]--------------------[B][U]SHAME[/U][/B]------------[B][U]Guilt ratio (Monthly)[/U][/B]
Telaso------------------23 Months -------------------  $735 ------------------- $61.25
Axispowers--------------27 Months ------------------- ~$500 ------------------- $18.52
Jazzy-------------------35 Months ------------------- ~$300 ------------------- $8.57
scy---------------------07 Months ------------------- ~$250 ------------------- $35.71
Schmattakopf------------36 Months -------------------  $220 ------------------- $6.11
garath------------------13 Months -------------------  $190 ------------------- $14.62
Agkel-------------------02 Months  ------------------  $185 ------------------- $92.5
mercviper---------------36 Months ------------------- ~$185 ------------------- $5.14
Ferga-------------------26 Months -------------------  $170 ------------------- $6.54
njean777----------------01 Months -------------------  $150 ------------------- $150.00
Ferrio------------------18 Months ------------------- ~$145 ------------------- $8.22
Inskipp-----------------36 Months ------------------- ~$135 ------------------- $3.75
SephirothRK-------------14 Months -------------------  $60 -------------------- $4.29
SouthernDragon----------26 Months -------------------  $50 -------------------- $1.92
Pancakes----------------?? Months -------------------  $40 -------------------- $?.??
zkylon------------------08 Months -------------------  $35 -------------------- $4.75
inky--------------------25 Months -------------------  $30 -------------------- $1.20
Achtius-----------------24 Months -------------------  $20 -------------------- $0.83
Lone_Prodigy------------12 Months -------------------  $15 -------------------- $1.25
J0dy77------------------01 Months -------------------  $15 -------------------- $15.00
CountBlackule-----------?? Months -------------------  $10 -------------------- $?.??
Diprosalic--------------24 Months -------------------  $0 (Boooooo!) --- Has known no pixelated pleasures

Trimmed mean of $$$ spent per gaffer  = $141.58***
Trimmed mean of $$$ spent monthly     = $12.05***
Total Amount of $$$ thrown at screen  = $3440.00***

***Will update these every 3 peeps added

scy

Completely unrelated but bind, Wind Waker HD WiiU. pls post if your okay

Katarina is one of the best AP Mids right now and she does really well at pub stomping due to the effort needed to stop her (e.g., saving CC for her) that is sometimes above randoms. She has no skillshots so she's not hard to execute but her kit is fairly all-in and fairly reflexes heavy due to her reset mechanic; more of a complexity in knowing when/what to do rather than a how to do it sort of thing.

That said, I don't think her RP cost vs IP cost is that great. She's only a 3150 IP Champ and all.

Agkel

Chain warden looks like a really cool new character, tons of possibilities.

He does seem like a great support, but like many others, I have a feeling this champ wont be useful outside of premade teams that are actually communicating through vent, skype or w/e.

Also every time I hear chain warden, all I can think of is PSTriple >:{

edit: redoing the chart, seems like trying to do it automated, resulted in some errors

He does seem like a great support, but like many others, I have a feeling this champ wont be useful outside of premade teams that are actually communicating through vent, skype or w/e.

Also every time I hear chain warden, all I can think of is PSTriple >:{

No gaymes.

scy

Thresh will be worth it immediately the first time I Dark Passage the jungler from tower to close bush for a gank. The /all THAT JUST HAPPENED and Mumble explosion will be worth it all. I'll quit playing LoL shortly after, no longer able to feel joy to match that feeling.

Seriously though, he'll take some coordination so premades will put him to be use early on. Solo Queue will basically be a lot of bad Threshes and even worse follow-ups at the low-to-mid elo brackets and dick in The Box jokes at high elo.

I'm really trying to get into this game but this pos client is pissing me off. I'm up to level 13 and queue times are so long. IT always says average time 1 min 30 sec or something like that but they're taking 10-30 min to pop.. Requeing doesn't help at all either.

I'm really trying to get into this game but this pos client is pissing me off. I'm up to level 13 and queue times are so long. IT always says average time 1 min 30 sec or something like that but they're taking 10-30 min to pop.. Requeing doesn't help at all either.

They recently changed the queuing logic so it will try to match you with players that have around the same number of wins as you.

I don't know why NA gets so much trouble. PH is nowhere near NA's numbers but I almost always get instamatched. My beef here is that no one plays Normal Draft, and 95% of the population is too stupid to understand that ARAM != PG. ("why the fuck are we getting random champions in aram", "dude why didnt you use blind pick", etc). It's so rare to get an ARAM game to even start since people leave after finding out it's random, not because they got a sucky champ.

Code:
[B][U]
User[/U][/B]-------------------[B][U]Time Playing[/U][/B]--------------------[B][U]SHAME[/U][/B]------------[B][U]Guilt ratio (Monthly)[/U][/B]
Telaso------------------23 Months -------------------  $735 ------------------- $61.25
Axispowers--------------27 Months ------------------- ~$500 ------------------- $18.52
Jazzy-------------------35 Months ------------------- ~$300 ------------------- $8.57
scy---------------------07 Months ------------------- ~$250 ------------------- $35.71
Schmattakopf------------36 Months -------------------  $220 ------------------- $6.11
garath------------------13 Months -------------------  $190 ------------------- $14.62
Agkel-------------------02 Months  ------------------  $185 ------------------- $92.5
mercviper---------------36 Months ------------------- ~$185 ------------------- $5.14
Ferga-------------------26 Months -------------------  $170 ------------------- $6.54
njean777----------------01 Months -------------------  $150 ------------------- $150.00
Ferrio------------------18 Months ------------------- ~$145 ------------------- $8.22
Inskipp-----------------36 Months ------------------- ~$135 ------------------- $3.75
SephirothRK-------------14 Months -------------------  $60 -------------------- $4.29
SouthernDragon----------26 Months -------------------  $50 -------------------- $1.92
Pancakes----------------?? Months -------------------  $40 -------------------- $?.??
zkylon------------------08 Months -------------------  $35 -------------------- $4.75
inky--------------------25 Months -------------------  $30 -------------------- $1.20
Achtius-----------------24 Months -------------------  $20 -------------------- $0.83
Lone_Prodigy------------12 Months -------------------  $15 -------------------- $1.25
J0dy77------------------01 Months -------------------  $15 -------------------- $15.00
CountBlackule-----------?? Months -------------------  $10 -------------------- $?.??
Diprosalic--------------24 Months -------------------  $0 (Boooooo!) --- Has known no pixelated pleasures

Trimmed mean of $$$ spent per gaffer  = $141.58***
Trimmed mean of $$$ spent monthly     = $12.05***
Total Amount of $$$ thrown at screen  = $3440.00***

I'm scared to calculate and post my total. The friends I play with view this thread often as well so I'll save myself the potential ridicule.... damn you flare

mercviper

4 game losing streak at 1590

i hate my life

Duo queue to break the streak.

Screw it, Corgi (Ken) has spent 895 dollars on the game.

PLACE YOUR BETS PEOPLE.

$601

redoing the chart, seems like trying to do it automated, resulted in some errors

Telaso's numbers seem off, for one.

I have to do stuff like this more often.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALrUN9JdUQc

Must be a Shaco player.

Agkel

Code:
[B][U]
Telaso------------------23 Months -------------------  $735 ------------------- $31.96
Wreckt------------------18 Months -------------------  $40 -------------------- $2.22

Trimmed mean of $$$ spent per gaffer  = $130.48***
Trimmed mean of $$$ spent monthly     = $10.53***
Total Amount of $$$ thrown at screen  = $3480.00***

zkylon

zkylewd

Buy her with IP, no champ's really worth the RP if not on sale. Also, Kat's great and you'll make a lot of people mad by pulling quadra kills out your ass.

iNTwWaP1B57Hv.PNG

This is awesome

Agkel

Buy her with IP, no champ's really worth the RP if not on sale. Also, Kat's great and you'll make a lot of people mad by pulling quadra kills out your ass.

Listen to this man, Kat is a great champion to buy and even though she's not as easy as say, garen, it is fairly easy to get tons of kills with her relative to other champs. Also she is only 3k IP, no need to waste rp on her even though she's on sale. Save your RP for either a skin or a higher ip cost champion that you really click with(when either is on sale).

On a side note, I started playing Draven (God I love his alternate skin) and I'm having lots of fun with him, the problem is that I cant seem to do the axe drop in the direction im running. I'm ok if I'm standing still but If I run in a direction expecting for it to drop on my path(as instructed in his spotlight) I just cant seem to do it.

Any tips?

Listen to this man, Kat is a great champion to buy and even though she's not as easy as say, garen, it is fairly easy to get tons of kills with her relative to other champs. Also she is only 3k IP, no need to waste rp on her even though she's on sale. Save your RP for either a skin or a higher ip cost champion that you really click with(when either is on sale).

Is Wu the next champion that is suppose to go on sale based off the new RP pricing schedule?

Feature

Banned
I had a pretty bad starting game with MF earlier today. Went 1/7 but as the game went on I became much stronger. The aholes on my team kept flaming me everytime they died even though we would be able to win easy anyway. Just I just said fuck it, and stopped playing giving us the loss. No way I'm going to give these bastards a win.

scy

Worth noting that IronStylus is dropping more hints that the next ADC is female.

Of course, no idea when this ADC is. I'm hoping for "after Thresh" since she's the only other champion mentioned so far. Would be weird for all this "next ADC" talk and to then have another champion between now and then :x

iNTwWaP1B57Hv.PNG

This is awesome

Nami's blood is on her hands. The things she's done...

Is Wu the next champion that is suppose to go on sale based off the new RP pricing schedule?

Yorick and Udyr with Thresh's release, then Leona, and then Wukong.

Agkel

Wasn't someone giving away codes for that skin on GAF last year? I remember getting a skin code for one of the "convention" skins.

Way to rub it in our faces... :(
I really want to get arcade sona off of ebay but I really cannot justify a purchase having just dropped $100 on RP. It'll be many months before I can get her :(

edit: Also figured out how to juggle Draven axes. The guide I had read originally was wrong. You have to move to where you want to BEFORE the axe hits the target.

zkylon

zkylewd
Way to rub it in our faces... :(
I really want to get arcade sona off of ebay but I really cannot justify a purchase having just dropped $100 on RP. It'll be many months before I can get her :(
I got her on eBay for 5.50. There are a couple guys selling her for 6-7 bucks. It's not that bad.

garath

I've spent a lot of money on the game so far (as shown in the wallet of shame). To prevent becoming a top offender, follow these simple guidelines.

1) Don't buy champions with RP unless on sale (or you REALLY want that brand new champ that was just released. Don't be too sad when they are horribly underpowered though)
2) Don't buy champions on sale or not if they are 3k IP or less. The low IP champs you can pick up pretty easily if you really want them just saving up IP. Better to spend the money on the >50% of the champs that are 6k+ IP
3) Only buy skins for champions you play a lot, that look cool, that is on sale. Really. It's a cosmetic item. And it's so easy to buy stuff just because it's on sale and it looks cool. It's a bad habit lol. Also you can check out a skin on lolking.net to see what it really looks like in game before buying.

I don't play a lot compared to some of the other guys. I'm good for 5-10 matches a week usually. So I used to save all my IP for runes and buy the champs I wanted when they were on sale. I still ended up spending $190 lol.

Now I don't want any champions that I don't already have and I have 10 populated rune pages with every role covered. The theory is I shouldn't spend any more money.... at least that's the theory.

All that said, Katarina is a real fun champion and a great AP mid in almost any circumstance.

KJTB

Vi is slowly becoming my favorite champion.... I feel like she's secretly really strong and a lot of people just don't know it yet! Get a smiteless blue/rush BC/warmogs and your midgame becomes insane...

Hopefully people don't realize her potential and get her nerfed D:

Now I don't want any champions that I don't already have and I have 10 populated rune pages with every role covered. The theory is I shouldn't spend any more money.... at least that's the theory.

Not enough rune pages. Do you have Aram pages as well? Gotta have that all MR page or that all ad rune page. I'm currently building an all crit page..... this is probably why I've spent so much on RP :'(

That is a skin I could see myself buying.

I really want a rework on the character model :(. Free Pax upgrade

Also isn't arcade sona a normal skin. I bought it in the game store?

J0dy77

iNTwWaP1B57Hv.PNG

This is awesome

Well that was just it, she's on sale this week. Worth the 295 RP?

I'm only spending RP on sale champions and using IP for everything else. Currently working through the 1350 tier with Cho, Taric and Jax nex in the shopping cart.

Really want Vi, Talon and Darius to hit an RP sale. Had a ton of fun with Vi last week.

Boken

Banned
6300IP champions have the best value IP to RP ratio - so I wouldn't recommend buying anything else, and even then, I'd say wait for 975 RP champs on sale.

Unless you're desperate. Then that changes everything.

J0dy77

I've spent a lot of money on the game so far (as shown in the wallet of shame). To prevent becoming a top offender, follow these simple guidelines.

1) Don't buy champions with RP unless on sale (or you REALLY want that brand new champ that was just released. Don't be too sad when they are horribly underpowered though)
2) Don't buy champions on sale or not if they are 3k IP or less. The low IP champs you can pick up pretty easily if you really want them just saving up IP. Better to spend the money on the >50% of the champs that are 6k+ IP
3) Only buy skins for champions you play a lot, that look cool, that is on sale. Really. It's a cosmetic item. And it's so easy to buy stuff just because it's on sale and it looks cool. It's a bad habit lol. Also you can check out a skin on lolking.net to see what it really looks like in game before buying.

I don't play a lot compared to some of the other guys. I'm good for 5-10 matches a week usually. So I used to save all my IP for runes and buy the champs I wanted when they were on sale. I still ended up spending $190 lol.

All that said, Katarina is a real fun champion and a great AP mid in almost any circumstance.

Thanks for the reply. This is the exact philosophy I've been following. I bough the $5 starter pack with some left over credit and gave Riot $10 for RP. I've been playing mostly bot games every day to get my "1st win bonus" and have these champions so far:

Alistar, Amumu, Ash, Caitlyn, Evelynn, Ezreal, Garen, Master Yi, Nunu, Riven, Ryze, Twisted Fate and Xin Zhao.

I'm not a big fan of skins, some of them I might invest in on a sale but for the most part I like the default skins best.

Felt like Katarina would fit nicely to give me a nice AP carry.

Edit:

6300IP champions have the best value IP to RP ratio - so I wouldn't recommend buying anything else, and even then, I'd say wait for 975 RP champs on sale.

Unless you're desperate. Then that changes everything.

Yeah, good point. The 3150 tier really doesn't seem that bad to grind a few of the champions rather than spend the RP. I'll wait for the 6300 characters to go on sale.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not enough rune pages. Do you have Aram pages as well? Gotta have that all MR page or that all ad rune page. I'm currently building an all crit page..... this is probably why I've spent so much on RP :'(

I really want a rework on the character model :(. Free Pax upgrade

Also isn't arcade sona a normal skin. I bought it in the game store?
Yeah, Arcade Sona was given for free at PAX but it was so awesome they put it up for people to buy in the store. And for a very reasonable price, too.

Which is why I say 1820 for Lightsaber OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE Kayle is nuts.

Well that was just it, she's on sale this week. Worth the 295 RP?

I'm only spending RP on sale champions and using IP for everything else. Currently working through the 1350 tier with Cho, Taric and Jax nex in the shopping cart.

Really want Vi, Talon and Darius to hit an RP sale. Had a ton of fun with Vi last week.
It'll be a while 'til Vi hits a sale. You might have better luck with Darius and Talon.

As for Kat, hmm, I've never really bought champions with RP since I haven't felt rune hungry in a long time and I got more than I know what to do with, but considering you're pllaning on buying three more guys and Kat's only 3150, you're probably better off not buying her on sale.

Basically you shouldn't buy champions with less than 4800 (or 6300 if you're hardcore like me) IP cost since you can make about that much IP in a week's play, more if you play a lot.

Thanks for the reply. This is the exact philosophy I've been following. I bough the $5 starter pack with some left over credit and gave Riot $10 for RP. I've been playing mostly bot games every day to get my "1st win bonus" and have these champions so far:

Alistar, Amumu, Ash, Caitlyn, Evelynn, Ezreal, Garen, Master Yi, Nunu, Riven, Ryze, Twisted Fate and Xin Zhao.

I'm not a big fan of skins, some of them I might invest in on a sale but for the most part I like the default skins best.

Felt like Katarina would fit nicely to give me a nice AP carry.

Edit:

Yeah, good point. The 3150 tier really doesn't seem that bad to grind a few of the champions rather than spend the RP. I'll wait for the 6300 characters to go on sale.
If possible, never play against bots (unless you want to try a new champ out or something, and even then I rarely do it anymore). Playing against bots teaches you a lot of bad habits and you know what they say about those. It's oftentimes better to just lose against regular people.

Though I love watching Karthus bot just destroy the other laners heh.

scy

Yeah, Arcade Sona was given for free at PAX but it was so awesome they put it up for people to buy in the store. And for a very reasonable price, too.

Which is why I say 1820 for Lightsaber OMG WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR FACE Kayle is nuts.

Lightsaber "MY PEOPLE NEED ME I MUST GO NOW" Kayle recall animation and her Q laser.

Night of Fire dance isn't bad either, though it now brings to memory something I think I was better off forgetting.

J0dy77

If possible, never play against bots (unless you want to try a new champ out or something, and even then I rarely do it anymore). Playing against bots teaches you a lot of bad habits and you know what they say about those. It's oftentimes better to just lose against regular people.

Though I love watching Karthus bot just destroy the other laners heh.

I know, I really have to break this bad habit. It was an easy way to start learning the game. A couple times when I jumped into PVP games I could tell I was dealing with Smurf accounts and was simply rolled. Really wasn't fun.

Think I'm level 16 now, time to jump back in for the real gameplay.

Thanks again for the responses. This game really does have me hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom