• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I've spent probably around $40. Also, fuck you dude with Silent Night Sona. I am jelly.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lol was looking through my paypal history when I realized how much I had spent on watching professional SCII.

AkrONP7.png

lXzTfUY.png

Pancakes

Never played SC2, but was it only possible to watch these events by paying or did you get bonus stuff for paying?

You got VODS for paying, that's about it. You could watch the entire league live without paying a dime but the free stream quality was (and still is) complete shit and it airs at 6AM EST.

zkylon

zkylewd
So after a browse of champs I could unlock I went with Janna. Really fun to use and interesting. I really like ranged support classes for some reason.
Janna's pretty fun, though with a higher skillcap than others. Partly because you gotta learn to use your shields at the right moment (too early and you'll waste mana and have it on cooldown for a bit, too late and your ADC will get hit), but mostly because your ult's a double edged sword.

You should use it when you want to disengage (enemy wants to fight but you don't... i.e. someone got caught and you're saving their lives or they jumped on your ADC and you want to give him some breathing room) or to separate one guy from the rest (I've yet to see a Janna pull these off consistently, let alone myself lol). Problem is that you may push somebody outside MF's ult's range or throw a bruiser right under your AP carry or something like that.

But practice makes perfect, etc....

I've spent probably around $40. Also, fuck you dude with Silent Night Sona. I am jelly.
So am I :/

I really wish they updated the Muse Sona skin. White dress so perrty :#

Ken

KittyCatastrophe: zzzz gotta take garbage magic jungler since you pick troll mid x.x
KittyCatastrophe: plz - ad mid is a troll pick, don't do that crap
GreenishMagic: you didnt have to

Agkel

Updated Wallet of Shame!!!

Code:
[B][U]
User[/U][/B]-------------------[B][U]Time Playing[/U][/B]--------------------[B][U]SHAME[/U][/B]------------[B][U]Guilt ratio (Monthly)[/U][/B]
Agkel-------------------02 Months  ------------------  $185 ------------------- $92.5
Jazzy-------------------35 Months ------------------- ~$300 ------------------- $8.57
mercviper---------------36 Months ------------------- ~$185 ------------------- $5.14
Achtius-----------------24 Months -------------------   $20 ------------------- $0.83
scy---------------------07 Months ------------------- ~$250 ------------------- $35.71
zkylon------------------08 Months -------------------   $35 ------------------- $4.75
Diprosalic--------------24 Months -------------------    $0 (Boooooo!) --- Has known no pixelated pleasures
Ferrio------------------18 Months ------------------- ~$145 ------------------- $8.22
Inskipp-----------------36 Months ------------------- ~$135 ------------------- $3.75
Axispowers--------------27 Months ------------------- ~$500 ------------------- $18.52
Schmattakopf------------36 Months -------------------  $220 ------------------- $6.11
njean777----------------01 Months -------------------  $150 ------------------- $150.00
Ferga-------------------26 Months -------------------  $170 ------------------- $6.54
garath------------------13 Months -------------------  $190 ------------------- $14.62
Lone_Prodigy------------12 Months -------------------  $15 -------------------- $1.25
Telaso------------------23 Months -------------------  $735 ------------------- $61.25
CountBlackule-----------?? Months -------------------  $10 -------------------- $?.??
SouthernDragon----------26 Months -------------------  $50 -------------------- $0.52
Pancakes----------------?? Months -------------------  $40 -------------------- $?.??
SephirothRK-------------14 Months -------------------  $60 -------------------- $4.29
inky--------------------25 Months -------------------  $30 -------------------- $1.20

Trimmed mean of $$$ spent per gaffer = $141.58
Trimmed mean of $$$ spent monthly    = $12.05

If this proves anything, is that F2P can be done right and can be done successfully... and also that perhaps some of us need help! >_<

njean777

Went 9/1/9 with MF. First time using her cause she's free this week.

Might be my favorite ADC

Have you tried Caitlyn or Vayne? Vayne is difficult early game, but end game she destroys and Caitlin falls off a bit late game but mid/early she is the most annoying or fun champ to play against or with.

I like MF as well though, she is great fun if you use her ult at the right times.

Pancakes

Have you tried Caitlyn or Vayne? Vayne is difficult early game, but end game she destroys and Caitlin falls off a bit late game but mid/early she is the most annoying or fun champ to play against or with.

I like MF as well though, she is great fun if you use her ult at the right times.

???

Caitlyn is amazing late game. Her midgame is her weak point unless she has a Nunu augmenting her AS.

njean777

???

Caitlyn is amazing late game. Her midgame is her weak point unless she has a Nunu augmenting her AS.

IDK her q barley does any damage late game and her traps are always useful of course, but her shot can be easily blocked by the tanks in team fights, of course you shouldn't ult with her in the middle of a team fight, but sometimes I screw up lol. Maybe I am building her wrong, or not in the correct order.

scy

IDK her q barley does any damage late game and her traps are always useful of course, but her shot can be easily blocked by the tanks in team fights, of course you shouldn't ult with her in the middle of a team fight, but sometimes I screw up lol. Maybe I am building her wrong, or not in the correct order.

IE + PD/SS + LW. Don't use Q outside of lane really. Just auto attack.

Ken

Been letting people choose my roles in ranked. Goes okay sometimes. Basically I always default to support unless that's taken.

This is a post by a corgi who has given up on ranked.

Just scored an instant quadra as Xerath. Enemy bunched up and ignored me, BAM WEQRRRQ. I could have scored a penta since it was just 1v1 against Nunu but he Bloodboiled away. :mad:

My biggest problem with Xerath right now is that I need to get a better grip on his anchored E. There were so many times where I anchored but couldn't E the enemy. There's also the issue of me forgetting to unchain myself.

Ferga

Season 3 will probably come with the new ranked system. Won't hold my breathe for it.

It probably still needs a lot more tweaks

Blizzard

Banned
I like the idea of all the new ranked stuff, but everyone including myself will still probably blame teammates, possibly even moreso than before ("this is my promotion series, you'd better not feed!!!").

zkylon

zkylewd
iNq4r8EPxdowT.png

Ok took us 5 tries but we just managed to do Aphromoo's 5 guys top comp (on Normals tho).

Basically it's Caitlyn, Heimer, Jayce, Amumu, Janna but we traded Amumu for Taric and Janna for Kayle because our Amumu guy wasn't doing so well with him and our Kayle guy was only level 24 and just didn't have Janna.

It's a terrible strategy, don't try it at home.

I'll record it because it was crazy lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
Soraka would probably be very nice in the comp in place of Amumu/Taric.
Yeah Amumu doesn't make too much sense, and Amumu wasn't really working out so we went Taric because of the amazing early game (stun+sustain+armor). We thought about doing Soraka but we had no one to play her and really she isn't nearly as aggressive as you need to pull this off.

Sustain is weirdly not that big an issue, 5/5 games the bot and mid laners just stuck to their towers and tried to outpush us and it'd be just 5v2 up top, sometimes 5v3 if the mid went top but most of the times they're none the wiser. You're almost guaranteed to get the whole lane for "free", and the inhibitor turret is where it gets tricky. Basically if you got a few kills you might win the game and if you don't you'll definitely lose. You'll run into any of the carries or the jungler and they'll be two or sometimes three levels ahead and they'll jump at you with ults you don't have and they'll blow you up in seconds. Kills net you the experience for a fair fight, so they're crucial. All the games we lost ended up being like 5-30 on kills, so really, it snowballs out of control very fast.

Really I don't suggest doing it unless you have a full team and want to goof around. You'll get trashed and ridiculed but when it works it's sweet :)

Ferga

I usually die somewhere before getting to 2).

You have to press E at the right time. If you get use to it, you can hear xin scream at you to man the hell up and press E already.

Weird. I leave and suddenly everyone is on the Cait train.

It's because Riot nerfed everything that made ADC have the ability to carry by themselves. They just shoved more items to top and mid lane while destroying bot lane itemisation.

Cait is good because of her range and easy lane win. She play really safe if your team has any ability (or will) to win and help peel assassins off you.

Agkel

Updated Wallet of Shame!!!

Code:
[B][U]
User[/U][/B]-------------------[B][U]Time Playing[/U][/B]--------------------[B][U]SHAME[/U][/B]------------[B][U]Guilt ratio (Monthly)[/U][/B]
Agkel-------------------02 Months  ------------------  $185 ------------------- $92.5
Jazzy-------------------35 Months ------------------- ~$300 ------------------- $8.57
mercviper---------------36 Months ------------------- ~$185 ------------------- $5.14
Achtius-----------------24 Months -------------------   $20 ------------------- $0.83
scy---------------------07 Months ------------------- ~$250 ------------------- $35.71
zkylon------------------08 Months -------------------   $35 ------------------- $4.75
Diprosalic--------------24 Months -------------------    $0 (Boooooo!) --- Has known no pixelated pleasures
Ferrio------------------18 Months ------------------- ~$145 ------------------- $8.22
Inskipp-----------------36 Months ------------------- ~$135 ------------------- $3.75
Axispowers--------------27 Months ------------------- ~$500 ------------------- $18.52
Schmattakopf------------36 Months -------------------  $220 ------------------- $6.11
njean777----------------01 Months -------------------  $150 ------------------- $150.00
Ferga-------------------26 Months -------------------  $170 ------------------- $6.54
garath------------------13 Months -------------------  $190 ------------------- $14.62
Lone_Prodigy------------12 Months -------------------  $15 -------------------- $1.25
Telaso------------------23 Months -------------------  $735 ------------------- $61.25
CountBlackule-----------?? Months -------------------  $10 -------------------- $?.??
SouthernDragon----------26 Months -------------------  $50 -------------------- $0.52
Pancakes----------------?? Months -------------------  $40 -------------------- $?.??
SephirothRK-------------14 Months -------------------  $60 -------------------- $4.29
inky--------------------25 Months -------------------  $30 -------------------- $1.20

Trimmed mean of $$$ spent per gaffer = $141.58
Trimmed mean of $$$ spent monthly    = $12.05

Protip New peeps:
Something I wanted to say to the new people picking up the game, INSTALL LOLREPLAY NOW!

This program is a great tool to improve your game. Not only does it record your games with a small footprint (about 10 to 15 megs per game) it allows you to look at other peoples recording. You will be able to see where you f'ed up in that match you went 0/12/0 so that you can correct your mistakes. It will also allow you to look for games where X or Y champion is played well and give you an idea of how to play and how to build.

Some other

Pros
You will have a record of all of your matches, that way you can rewatch your 22/0/24 perfect game over and over, also you dont have to swim through a sea of shitty youtube commentators to find good matches.

Cons
If you like commentators and are not put off by grating voices, then you wont have commentators with lolreplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom