• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathcart

Really getting psyched about Thresh. A friend of mine has been on a big Malphite jungle kick recently. These lane ganks are going to be retarded.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Steel Legion Lux Splash.

Lux_Splash_5.jpg

Also, unofficial PBE notes. Not sure what's changed since the last one.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22920-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-1-23-2013-steel

dc89

sorry If I'm late in saying this guys but I thought it was note worthy.

http://www.boompje.net/

Riot are back on the Mac

Greetings League of Legends Community! Today the Boompje.net Team is here with grandiose announcement! The Moment the Mac Community has been patiently waiting for has finally arrived!

Since the initial shutdown of Riot’s Official Mac Client on September 6, 2011 Mac users were faced with the reality of being unable to easily enjoy the most popular game available, League of Legends! Knowing that League of Legends would be unavailable to Mac users, Riot promised to pursue a long-term solution for the Mac Community. In the meantime, the question became, how long is it going to be until I get to play my favorite game again?!

During the Official Client’s down time, the iLoL Team took the initiative to find a way to keep Mac community in the game! We have been able to fill the void by introducing 22 versions of the iLoL Open Beta project, currently the iLoL 2.0 Open Beta. It has been an amazing year filled with countless milestones for Riot, iLoL and the Boompje.net team. And now, we have the pleasure of jointly introducing the biggest news Mac gamers will have heard in nearly 2 years.

While the iLoL Team worked hard to keep League of Legends available to Mac users, Riot continued to pursue its promise! In October of 2012, Riot extended a very courteous invitation to 10 of our team members to visit the Season 2 Championships and furthermore, visit Riot’s HQ in Santa Monica, CA to test the partially completed Mac Client.

Now, without any further adieu, we are proud to announce that Riot’s Official Mac Client will become available for a limited time on the PBE. This trial run on the PBE will allow Riot to collect large amounts of data and feedback to better fine-tune the client before its official release on the Live servers.

If you are wondering what our teams here are going to do next, take a look at our Future Plans announcement!

For more information on testing Riot’s Official Mac Client follow the provided links below!

PBE Sign Up: PBE Website (open for the next 24 hours)

scy

Steel Legion Lux Splash.

Also, unofficial PBE notes. Not sure what's changed since the last one.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22920-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-1-23-2013-steel

Olaf nerfs (Undertow slow decays, +4s Vicious Strikes cooldown, Ragnarok has no passive Armor Pen).

i thought they scrapped steel legion lux

That was what I got from the red posts too. It was being scrapped and retooled into something more fitting for Lux rather than another tech-y skin.

Ferga

I actually, in secret, like the lux skin and will be getting it.

I mean that art is bad ass

And thank god they reverted the shaco minion rng thing

zkylon

zkylewd
That was what I got from the red posts too. It was being scrapped and retooled into something more fitting for Lux rather than another tech-y skin.
I thought it was a sign they didn't scrap it when Fat Garen showed up.

Personally I think it's a pretty bad idea to make a Lux skin that's not disgustingly girly but what do I know.

scy

I thought it was a sign they didn't scrap it when Fat Garen showed up.

Personally I think it's a pretty bad idea to make a Lux skin that's not disgustingly girly but what do I know.

Alternatively, that Garen would get that skin idea instead of Lux. She really needs another whimsical skin.

Still, we'll see if it looks any better in-game.

I actually, in secret, like the lux skin and will be getting it.

I mean that art is bad ass

And thank god they reverted the shaco minion rng thing

Based off the way Statikk worded it, I don't think Shaco ever actually lost the passive slow.

Ferga

Alternatively, that Garen would get that skin idea instead of Lux. She really needs another whimsical skin.

Based off the way Statikk worded it, I don't think Shaco ever actually lost the passive slow.

Yeah I know the slow thing was intended but the rng thing with the minion dodge was removed from the tooltip in the last pbe patch release.

It kind of made sense in a way sine riot is trying to get as little RNG as they can but it would affect shaco pretty hard without any stat buffs.

Thresh login ain't bad. Ain't bad at all

zkylon

zkylewd

I don't think she needs a new skin, just give her two first skins the Soraka treatment.

I mean really who is this old lady:

I like the splash art, it looks cool and the effects looked pretty good on the video too. Just no idea how they came to the conclusion that Lux needed yet another sci-fi skin.

scy

Yeah I know the slow thing was intended but the rng thing with the minion dodge was removed from the tooltip in the last pbe patch release.

It kind of made sense in a way sine riot is trying to get as little RNG as they can but it would affect shaco pretty hard without any stat buffs.

Last PBE Patch didn't remove the Chance-to-Hit though:

634943335567558571.png

Edit: Unless I missed a patch, anyway.

I don't think she needs a new skin, just give her two first skins the Soraka treatment.

But $$$.

zkylon

zkylewd
You're right and I presumed as much too, but I seriously can't understand how they're incapable of updating the splash arts, at least. Seriously doing one of those drawings takes an artist's day, maybe one and a half? I mean, the ideas are there, it's not like they have to do anything but redraw them.

Just hire two dudes that do nothing but update the splash arts and you'll have the entire roster looking bad-ass in a couple months.

tyranid5

Neo Member
You're right and I presumed as much too, but I seriously can't understand how they're incapable of updating the splash arts, at least. Seriously doing one of those drawings takes an artist's day, maybe one and a half? I mean, the ideas are there, it's not like they have to do anything but redraw them.

Just hire two dudes that do nothing but update the splash arts and you'll have the entire roster looking bad-ass in a couple months.

If it was that easy it wouldn't have taken them so long with all the old champ splash arts that they were replacing in the later half of last year. Once again though $$$, splash arts for an old champ or skin don't make you as much money, as one for a new champ/skin........

I wouldn't be surprised if they dedicated almost all of the artists to the splashes for new skins or champs so that they have plenty to choose from.

brian!

rex said he wanted to feed so ima let him 4v5

but really today has been weird for league
like my computer decides to restart for updates right when i get into a ranked game
and now league decides to update after i bugsplat da aram

zkylon

zkylewd
If it was that easy it wouldn't have taken them so long with all the old champ splash arts that they were replacing in the later half of last year. Once again though $$$, splash arts for an old champ or skin don't make you as much money, as one for a new champ/skin........

I wouldn't be surprised if they dedicated almost all of the artists to the splashes for new skins or champs so that they have plenty to choose from.
I've worked with artists and they can do stuff like that in a day or two easy. The clearly better talented artists at Riot should be able to do it even faster. My bet is that they don't have an actual sizable art team, because Riot doesn't want to pay up, which to me seems like bad business, since horrible skins just remove value from your product.

And it's not like they're adding a new skin per week (thank the goddess for that), so really, I don't see what the hell are those people doing.

And Corgi you should reformat, it never hurts.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I've worked with artists and they can do stuff like that in a day or two easy. The clearly better talented artists at Riot should be able to do it even faster. My bet is that they don't have an actual sizable art team, because Riot doesn't want to pay up, which to me seems like bad business, since horrible skins just remove value from your product.

And it's not like they're adding a new skin per week (thank the goddess for that), so really, I don't see what the hell are those people doing.

And Corgi you should reformat, it never hurts.

I'm not very knowledgeable on how corporations are run but Riot has many management problems in my honest opinion. People have been clamoring for a new in-house client for years now but Riot insists on sticking with (and paying licensing fees probably) to Adobe.

They could probably also add a more robust custom game system with greater depths of tools and settings as well. But I suppose there is no profit to be had in such ventures.

That didn't work for me.

Back up your files and reformat that clunker.

zkylon

zkylewd
That didn't work for me.

I'm too lazy to reformat/I don't know how to.
It's very easy, backup your files and insert a Windows disc. Win 7 makes the process very foolproof, and it'll guide you through it.

The only "complicated" thing would be changing your boot order in case your PC doesn't try to boot off the Windows installation disc. In that case you'll want to spam the delete key while the PC's turning on and just search through the BIOS options for a boot order option. Just set it to your DVD drive first and your HDD second and you'll be ok.

Really, it's simple.

I'm not very knowledgeable on how corporations are run but Riot has many management problems in my honest opinion. People have been clamoring for a new in-house client for years now but Riot insists on sticking with (and paying licensing fees probably) to Adobe.

They could probably also add a more robust custom game system with greater depths of tools and settings as well. But I suppose there is no profit to be had in such ventures.
While I agree with the sentiment that the launcher sucks and needs replacing, it isn't quite the same thing. I mean, with like 10 million players a day, any minimum change must go through crazy amounts of testing and even then as soon as they roll it over it'll probably blow up in a million places, so I can see them being a bit more reluctant to make slight changes to the launcher.

A splash art is literally adding a .png file to the splasharts folder inside the game, which is why it baffles they don't get on with it.

I think that you're probably right and mismanagement and cheapness is what's stopping them, unfortunately.

But the game was working fine before Thresh patch.

This is all I see before the client crashes.
Hmm, would probably be wise to run it past the Riot support forums then

Agkel

having problems with the client here too after the patch. In 6 weeks of playing the game almost daily I havent had the client crash in game. Today after patch I have gotten 3 crashes already

edit: also, anyone else picking thresh bundle? I'm wondering if I should get it bundle or solo

scy

I forgot to pre-order Ni no Kuni so I decided to pass on playing it for now.

That and I haven't used my PS3 in so long since my roommates use it for our primary media server.

zkylon

zkylewd
inb4 i didnt buy aether wing kayle aka riot client service fee
Riot is punishing us with robo-Lux because Corgi isn't paying up.

What is wrong with the world?!?

Also, my main LoL buddy is off to Peru for a month so I think I'm gonna cool down on the game a bit. I just downloaded The Cave, so I'm off to do that...

Agkel

I just had a match with a guy claiming it was his first time, and hes was pretty decent with it. It definitely changes the dynamics of fighting, allowing you to push it just a little bit further bcs you have the lantern there, ready to rope you in

mr. puppy

Banned
I demand thresh impressions.

tried to jungle him, went horribly. gotta be in lane to get souls. he doesn't do a lot of damage. you gotta build him tanky.

he's a shitttttload of fun though. the problem i have with heroes like blitzcrank or those other tanky dudes is that if they fire their gap closer and miss, they're pretty boring until the CD is over. this guy has all kinds of strange ways to manipulate battles and theres always something he can be doing to pressure the other team.

After a four/five month absence should I expect any noticeable changes to the game?
Just re-downloading and looking to get back into things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom