• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT3| Lizards are red, golems are blue. Give a leash or no gank 4 u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

I'd love to see Shaco become more useful late game in a trade off with toning down his early game.

Get rid of crit from deceive and make it a massive bleed (like 100 at rank 1 and 600 at rank 5) or make it true damage bleed like twitch's passive.

Give him good AD scaling on his E and R explosion while giving a stealth mechanic for a couple of seconds after he presses R so people can actually be fooled into actually hitting the damn clone. (seriously guys, it's not hard to tell the real and fake shaco apart).

Nerf base damage on early ranks of Shiv.

You could work around his kit like this but if you change anything about his kit (which you will because his kit is purely early game and split pushing late game), he won't feel like shaco at all.

Which reminds me do Shaco clones still retain item effects? Like Sunfire and Wit's End.

Yes. statik etc.. all work

Ken

One day I will be able to patch and play the game without having to reinstall or reformat everything.

But that day is not today.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thresh seems to be just crazy good. His lamp is a crazy good escape tool and can be used to dive, help people get out of the dragon pit, etc.

Basically it's like an extra flash he can share with his team and it feels a bit OP right now in the hands of able players (and really there's nothing you can do to prevent it). Jungler could arguably get in with flash, smite baron and get out with the lamp with relative ease.

Also, I switched to Void Staff instead of Abyssal Scepter with Lux and it feels a lot better. Seems like the Abyss range really wasn't enough.

To be fair, it is kind of annoying to see it constantly. Just link back to a post somewhere. Future OTs can have it kept up-to-date in like the second or third post of the thread.

I suppose it's not that big of a deal really but eh ... whatever :x
Nah, he was right, I was just saying there are better ways :)

The one coming out soon.

I just realised her ult in that skin comes from her chest.
Just the thing League of Legends needs, boob laser! Demaciaaa!

zkylon

zkylewd
You can ping-target them to differentiate clones from the real ones, for the record.

Their Stealth is annoying but Shaco's late game is still fairly shitty. Wukong is a potential monster though :x
You can ignite/exhaust to differentiate the clone, too.

edit: whoops sorry

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hallucinate

COOLDOWN: 100

COST: 100/200/300 mana

ACTIVE: Shaco becomes stealthed and untargetable for half a second then creates 1/2/3 clones of himself that will last for up to 18/24/30 seconds. The clones deal 75% of Shaco's damage and receives 50% extra damage. This clones deal 50% damage to towers and inhibitors. The clones mimic all of Shaco's spell casts except Jack-in-the-Box, but do no additional damage. At the end of its duration or when dying the clone will explode dealing magic damage to nearby enemies.

There, Shaco made viable.

That's like a +150% to his DPS. Should lower the damage imho. Mimicking actions is a definite buff but I'm not sure if you can still juke that way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's like a +150% to his DPS. Should lower the damage imho. Mimicking actions is a definite buff but I'm not sure if you can still juke that way.

Probably, not, on the other hand, you can teleport 3 shaco clones into one guy, leaving them with a conundrum:

1) They ignore you, woops there goes their ADC.
2) They AoE you down, BOOM.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I tried Madred's on Sejuani.
fcctWcR.gif

Revelatory.

Im having an annoying issue with my client crashing after each game.
We win / loose.
I click continue
im back on my desktop.
I have to reload.
When I do It says there its already running and needs to close to load it (click OK and it loads)

Not the end of the world but annoying as I cant honour people, add friends or chat after a game. Is this a known issue and is there a fix? I tried a repair and that did nothing. I tried after the patch last night and same issue.

On another note im really enjoying Janna. lots of abilities that can save your team and help out a carry with the AP boost from shield. With regards to runes and such should I just wait till 20 and then go for tier 3 gold / defence runes?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
On another note im really enjoying Janna. lots of abilities that can save your team and help out a carry with the AP boost from shield. With regards to runes and such should I just wait till 20 and then go for tier 3 gold / defence runes?
Yeah, don't buy runes until you hit twenty and then get everything. Since it sounds like playing support you should check this out if you haven't seen it yet. There are good rune pages in there too. Probably best to take the balanced CDR one when you're starting out.

Yeah, don't buy runes until you hit twenty and then get everything. Since it sounds like playing support you should check this out if you haven't seen it yet. There are good rune pages in there too. Probably best to take the balanced CDR one when you're starting out.

Thanks for that

edit* finished reading it. Was really helpful thanks.

BlazinAm

The rest of his kit sucks. Nobody will notice.

He e is a little tough to pull off really well, I end up not getting the angle right, it is easier for me to turn around and then cast to pull in a champ. Well he is support, his w is fine as is.

Zeppelin

Just noticed that another batch of high elo EUW players got banned. Can't help but to feel Riot's timing on these are rather poor being so close to the LCS. Reading how many reports and bans these players had accumulated across multiple accounts I can't help but to feel that they shouldn't have even been scheduled to play in Warsaw this weekend. Better late than never I guess but I hope they handle this earlier in the future.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1015978

bjaelke

Just noticed that another batch of high elo EUW players got banned. Can't help but to feel Riot's timing on these are rather poor being so close to the LCS. Reading how many reports and bans these players had accumulated across multiple accounts I can't help but to feel that they shouldn't have even been scheduled to play in Warsaw this weekend. Better late than never I guess but I hope they handle this earlier in the future.

You dont think banning Linak 1 week before EU qualifiers was as good idea either?

Being new to the game can some one explain how the league (esports side works). I doubt il ever play that side of things but I would be interested in watching the matches. Will they show a schedule or when they are due and when you can watch them? can you watch them after they have been done or just live?

Also was I right in reading the prize is in the millions?

Agkel

Should go in the wall(et) of shame: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2706086

$3320 spent on skins

I agree that the timing was unfortunate. But they had to clean out before the tournament kicked off.

Updated Wallet of Shame

Holy crap at that guy spending almost the same amount that all of us have spent together. Also $570 for a skin? Fuck that!

Back on Draven topic, I think I have all of his mechanics down now but I'm constantly having problems with mana, any tips?

90% of my deaths occur bcs I get caught with my pants down (oom). :(

edit:This is the build I'm using

Shadybiz

A friend of mine just got me into this game over the weekend. I am definitely enjoying it so far, but trying to get through my current sucktasticness. I am sure there are a ton of youtube videos for beginners, but are there any particularly good ones that you guys can recommend?

...and I have spent $5 so far (one of those cards with 5 champions on it from Best Buy. Total impulse buy, yes).

Cathcart

I'm positive I spent more in the past 2 months than anyone on the wallet of shame has spent total but I don't get the shame part. It's a great game, I have no problem supporting Riot. Plz make new list wallet of awesome kthx.

Agkel

A friend of mine just got me into this game over the weekend. I am definitely enjoying it so far, but trying to get through my current sucktasticness. I am sure there are a ton of youtube videos for beginners, but are there any particularly good ones that you guys can recommend?

...and I have spent $5 so far (one of those cards with 5 champions on it from Best Buy. Total impulse buy, yes).

You're on a good track!!! :D

I Highly recommend you play lots of "vs AI" matches. The difference in IP/XP gains is only about 6 min. Meaning that a pvp match that lasted 32 min and an AI match that lasted 38 mins will net you pretty much the same amount of Ip/xp. Once you're comfortable with a champion, head on to pvp.

If you have found a champion that you like, just search for "champion guide season 3" and youll have plenty of videos to choose from. You'll start picking up terms and the meta game pretty fast. Also, tell your friend to explain to you as much as he can. When I went to visit my brother on Xmas break, I helped him out a lot, explaining some of the initial things you need to learn.

Finally if you get into jungling I recommend this channerlStonewall008

One last note, dont take the videos literally. No match is ever the same, so you wont be able to follow what you see in the video like a recipe. You have to adjust dynamically from what you learn in the videos.

edit: mobafire.com is also a good website to read on champion guides, and how to build runes/masteries/items.

I'm positive I spent more in the past 2 months than anyone on the wallet of shame has spent total but I don't get the shame part. It's a great game, I have no problem supporting Riot. Plz make new list wallet of awesome kthx.

haha It's just kind of the first thing I thought of. I personally don't feel too bad with what I've spent, but I do feel a bit guilty though. Might just be my gf constantly bugging me to stop playing with my "pokemons" and to go play Borderlands with her. hehe

bjaelke

Being new to the game can some one explain how the league (esports side works). I doubt il ever play that side of things but I would be interested in watching the matches. Will they show a schedule or when they are due and when you can watch them? can you watch them after they have been done or just live?

Also was I right in reading the prize is in the millions?

Usually the bigger tournaments are promoted on the official League of Legends website and inside the client. Otherwise I suggest looking at Leaguepedia as it is a fantastic resource when it comes to upcoming tournaments and results + replays.

The next big tournament starts tomorrow and runs through the weekend. It's the European Qualifier for the Season 3 Championship.

And yes, we can expect to see prize money in the millions again although nothing official has been announced(?). Last season culminated with a $2 million championship tournament - the winning team took home $1 million.

y2dvd

So is Thresh OP or not?

Dunno about OP but he has a lot of utility.

Blocked at work. What did they do to deserve the bans?

Usually the bigger tournaments are promoted on the official League of Legends website and inside the client. Otherwise I suggest looking at Leaguepedia as it is a fantastic resource when it comes to upcoming tournaments and results + replays.

The next big tournament starts tomorrow and runs through the weekend. It's the European Qualifier for the Season 3 Championship.

And yes, we can expect to see prize money in the millions again although nothing official has been announced(?). Last season culminated with a $2 million championship tournament - the winning team took home $1 million.

Ha thats crazy. Will keep a look out for the games. Would be cool to watch some. Can you watch them on a tablet or do you need the PC client to watch them?

Ha thats crazy. Will keep a look out for the games. Would be cool to watch some. Can you watch them on a tablet or do you need the PC client to watch them?
Only way to watch them is to stream so tablets would be fine I guess... though I'm not sure since all streams I watch use Flash player.

I don't know how much longer I can stick with this game.

The level of absolute retardedness I had in the last game was just legendary.

I'm playing jungle Nocturne, I'm destroying everyone. We're 6-0 after a few minutes, I'm involved in every single kill and tower.

Then my team just turns into full on derp squad. Run in to solo a Sion and Nidalee as Ashe or support Lux. Nobody groups up when I tell them to. We have a Nocturne (me), Olaf, Lux, Ashe and Fiddlesticks. Our teamfights will be so much better than a Teemo, Xin, Sion, Nids and Garen. But they never teamed up. The other team was always as a 5, my idiot team was like "no I push top" or "I push bot". The other team beat us 3 v 5.

They just did the same thing over and over, every time I told them not to and every time they died and fed.

There is only so much one person can do to carry a game.

It was the most infuriating and sickening game I've ever played.

You guys have to be the luckiest people in the world not getting the teams I get.

Back on Draven topic, I think I have all of his mechanics down now but I'm constantly having problems with mana, any tips?

90% of my deaths occur bcs I get caught with my pants down (oom). :(

edit:This is the build I'm using

Don't buy Black Cleaver, you don't need CDR. Rush Bloodthirster.

How are you running out of mana? Draven's spells cost next to nothing and you only cast anything but Q when you are trying to chunk the enemy.

It sounds like you're not catching your axes or timing activation properly, leading to having to cast Q over and over.

Don't buy Black Cleaver, you don't need CDR. Rush Bloodthirster.

How are you running out of mana? Draven's spells cost next to nothing and you only cast anything but Q when you are trying to chunk the enemy.

It sounds like you're not catching your axes or timing activation properly, leading to having to cast Q over and over.

Draven's passive procs all 4 stacks of Black Cleaver's armour shred, so it's super strong on him. But yeah, rush BT.

Also it's easy enough to run out of mana if you're using the W properly. W after every axe caught in a team fight (which is what you should be doing) is quite mana intensive.

scy

@Thresh - Just a few games with him but he's easy to use, hard to play with. The Box is fickle as it's like a Jarvan ultimate but no gap close attached to it and they can walk out ... except it's also casted by someone that most people can just duel down. That said, it's a nearly inescapable ult without Flash and it's fairly easy to pick off whomever is trapped by it. His triple pull (Q, E) can get someone from under turret if it lands which leads into a kill nicely. Still haven't done the 2000 range gank with his W.

Thresh can make plays in lane, that's for sure.

Has some MathSmart person done the math yet to determine whether there's a theoretical soul max bonus asymptote for Thresh? I noticed that by 100 or so souls, it was down to 0.5 points per soul, but I don't know if it goes to 0 or just decreases more slowly.

Starts at 1, decays down to 0.5 (reached at 101 Souls) and doesn't decay any farther.

Fun fact: It takes ~50 Souls to match the lowest Level 18 base Armor in the game; ~94 to match the highest (and ~185 to match Taric with Shatter).

I thought they removed that ping trick?

As far as I know, no. You also occasionally still get Shaco clones with no items as well which makes it even easier to tell them apart.

Thresh seems to be just crazy good. His lamp is a crazy good escape tool and can be used to dive, help people get out of the dragon pit, etc.

Basically it's like an extra flash he can share with his team and it feels a bit OP right now in the hands of able players (and really there's nothing you can do to prevent it). Jungler could arguably get in with flash, smite baron and get out with the lamp with relative ease.

The issue with Lantern so far is that A) It's new, what do with this?! and B) The activate itself is kind of wonky. The hitbox for it seems to be small and there's some inconsistency about actually getting it to fire. Maybe some smoothing out needed for the Lantern but, yeah, it's a theoretically amazing tool. It and Locket means blocking 500-ish damage across the team in a fight and max CDR can get a second Lantern out for when the team fight is winding down. Pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom